Holiday home adverts

Read two adverts for places to stay on holiday to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

City flat

Beautiful two-bedroom city flat five minutes' walk from the cathedral. Fully equipped kitchen, living room with a large sofa and chairs, big TV and balcony. The balcony has space for four people to sit and gets the sun in the mornings, and the flat is light and warm. It has Wi-Fi and fast internet. The upstairs bedroom sleeps four people, with two double beds; the downstairs bedroom sleeps two in single beds. The flat is perfect for families and is near shops, bars and restaurants.

Farmhouse

Four-bedroom farmhouse in the countryside. All of the four double bedrooms are en suite with luxury shower and bath. Farm kitchen with barbecue, tables and chairs outside. Great for groups of friends. The supermarket is half an hour by car and you can take a train from the village into the city. Escape from normal life for a few days as we have … NO INTERNET and you can only use mobile phones at the bottom of the garden!

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Tue, 21/07/2020 - 12:32

Holidays during COVID-19? We have a lot of options and fly to anywhere around the world on virtual reality. ;)

Submitted by Berny Herrera on Tue, 21/07/2020 - 03:54

Personally, I think that it depends on the people and the place they have lived whole their life. I mean, A person that has lived all his life in a city, definitely would prefer to take a vacation in the countryside and vice-versa.

Submitted by fatfat on Sat, 11/07/2020 - 12:59

Both houses have pros and cons. I would prefer to living at house in the city but I d prefer to for holiday the other house.

Submitted by Ronake on Tue, 30/06/2020 - 00:45

I definitely would choose the house in the countryside. Enjoying nature, fresh air and eat healthy food is the best way to spend your holiday. Escaping from air pollution and noise, and making skip the internet and social media for a week, will be a good way to improve our physical and mental health. Also, the house seems to be suitable, with all facilities that you need to prepare meals and to have fun.

Submitted by Hennadii on Tue, 23/06/2020 - 12:21

I would prefer a countryside house of course but my two kids drive me crazy without youtube and TV

Submitted by haydeecolli on Fri, 12/06/2020 - 21:13

I prefer the flat because it's near the city.

Submitted by Leonardo Lisboa on Sat, 06/06/2020 - 00:30

The flat, of course.

Submitted by Onur on Thu, 04/06/2020 - 13:20

Due to living at flat in the city, I would choose farmhouse for holiday. It's absolutely good for getaway.

Submitted by eshan.saif on Wed, 03/06/2020 - 16:50

I will prefer the farmhouse to spend few days for staying away from my monotonous city life. Where i will be able to be closer to the nature and share my inner feelings with my loving ones.

Submitted by Shaista on Tue, 02/06/2020 - 10:34

I'd like ti spend my holidays in village having all benefits.......so i can relax there far away from city and that's noise etc......where i don't want to use mobile....just wish to spend these holidays with my family with relaxation ❤

Submitted by Thucuoi on Wed, 27/05/2020 - 10:07

i prefer a city flat to a farmhouse for my holidays because I love the luxury and modernity.

Submitted by casssioesousa on Tue, 19/05/2020 - 19:59

I'd like to rent a beautiful home holiday in the beach at the place that have sun, where I could enjoy it.

Submitted by mouna99 on Sat, 16/05/2020 - 16:47

I wouldn choose farmhouse for holidays

Submitted by Nyanko Neko on Sat, 16/05/2020 - 14:48

I prefer Farmhouse to Flat city because i love graden, flowers ... I like staying near the nature , so i can cook barbecue , chatting with my family and friends at the garden. The atmosphere is so good

Submitted by Muhammad Bagir on Sat, 16/05/2020 - 04:32

i prefer to spend my holiday at the farmhouse

Submitted by c.lopes23 on Fri, 15/05/2020 - 01:12

I prefer the farmhouse, because I like staying near the nature.

Submitted by BOU Hamid on Sun, 10/05/2020 - 01:12

I choose a flat city for my holiday.

Submitted by Raimbek on Thu, 07/05/2020 - 11:04

I prefer farmhouse, because it's quiet place and yes i live in the city.

Submitted by Alfaprime on Wed, 29/04/2020 - 16:35

I prefer bouth, maybe farmhouse in summer and the flat in autmn or winter when is the Christmas time.

Submitted by Djoo on Thu, 23/04/2020 - 05:09

I don't like living in city. So in a holiday i would choose a farmhouse away from noise and crowding

Submitted by Ronake on Sun, 19/04/2020 - 23:27

i would love to chose farmhouse, because in countryside you really can rest and enjoy the holidays. There are fresh air, healthy food, nature, cerenty away from crowd and traffic and you can stay at the garden and have barbeque.

Submitted by Yernar on Thu, 16/04/2020 - 10:57

Hello, I think these both places has their individual features. If you own them all you can spend sometime in the flat then in the farmplaces. Are you agree with me?

Submitted by Melsaied264 on Sat, 11/04/2020 - 02:10

Actually I prefer to spend my holidays in the countryside rather than the city, because there in the countryside the life is quiet and I can not find traffic or crowds ,the air is fresh an healthy,the best thing I love there is the sunset time ,I really enjoy there.But as the countryside is my favourite place there are some things bother me such as the weakness of the internet and the absence of some services I may need it daily like supermarkets,hospitals and education centers

Submitted by FRANCY JACQUEL… on Mon, 06/04/2020 - 22:42

I know new people now that I travel to Malta and I am studying English

Submitted by FRANCY JACQUEL… on Mon, 06/04/2020 - 21:39

I would choose a place on the beach, or a place in the mountains, away from the city and noise

Submitted by zabiullah on Mon, 06/04/2020 - 06:37

frankly i would select farmhouse for holidays...bxz it is perfect no one cant annoyed us as well as we can find natural foods, drinks and nature. when i was little boy all my family lived in the countryside i remeber good things in the village but when my parents moved to the city we have lost natural foods. after that we have not happy life...

Submitted by OlaIELTS on Sat, 28/03/2020 - 21:32

I would choose a city flat for holiday.

Submitted by Van Duc Nguyen on Wed, 18/03/2020 - 08:36

i'm choosing farmhouse because i'm found quiet, fresh air and nature

Submitted by upendarreddy on Sun, 15/03/2020 - 01:14

I prefer to visit farmhouse on holidays. currently, i am living in Canada so i often spend at farmhouse in the summer time on holidays because i work everyday during weekdays in the city. i feel like tired so i want to go to outside for relaxation.I used to live in india, we have a big farm i spent at my farm on weekends and holidays with my family, friends, and relatives.

Submitted by Sergei Baskakov on Sat, 07/03/2020 - 12:11

I'm choosing the farmhouse because I'm fond of the fresh air and nature

Submitted by pacha809 on Tue, 03/03/2020 - 09:33

I want advertise you too my flat close to the North Sea. It's a little flat for four people. the bedrooms sleep four people with two double beds.One bathroom with a shower. The fully equipped kitchen is open to the living room with TV and WI-FI. The large balcony has space for four people to take meals or enjoy the sun. You can park your car in the garage downstairs. This flat is perfect for a family with two kids. It's located 300 m from the beach, shops, bars and restaurants. In summer, on the sea wall, or in town there are many activities for adults and kids.

Submitted by Alaa Basha on Thu, 13/02/2020 - 08:45

I wouldn't mind going both. I don't used to have such a trip for a holiday, however, I need to go to a one with my family.

Submitted by Hajer sea on Mon, 03/02/2020 - 12:06

Hi, I think I choose the farmhouse because I need to relaxing and stay away from the noise.

Submitted by Optimist on Sun, 12/01/2020 - 09:42

Farmhouse but with internet )))

Submitted by serena lee on Fri, 10/01/2020 - 14:50

we usually stay at the village on vacations. I often choose farmer house which has table outside, private restroom, and especially full equipments.

Submitted by shahhoseini on Wed, 25/12/2019 - 13:49

I live in a large city but my father and my mother were born in a small beautiful village in the countryside. I usually go to this village for the holidays.

Submitted by Magedelabd on Mon, 23/12/2019 - 16:30

I choose the countryside house to stay for my vacation , I meant the farmhouse. because I like the quit places and like also the open areas and the green area too.

Submitted by frfandinod79 on Thu, 28/11/2019 - 16:13

I would like the farmhouse, because it is a relax place full of nature where we can rest.

Submitted by Marcos Lozano on Sat, 23/11/2019 - 14:41

When I was young, I usually went to holidays to my town, in the province of Badajoz. For me, the more great years of my life.

Submitted by hoailinh on Tue, 05/11/2019 - 02:33

I was born in a small countryside near Hanoi city. So, I will choose the flat city for my holiday. My family has five people while the flat city has room for six people. It's wide for my family. The flat city near shops, bars, and restaurants. So, my family can go shopping, go to the restaurants on foot. Moreover, the flat city has Wi-Fi, my family can watch famous movies together on big TV. I think the flat city is suitable for my family on holiday.

Submitted by Abdelmouttalib on Fri, 11/10/2019 - 14:31

I choose a farmhouse because of its comfortable, wide, with garden, and the most important it's far from towns, noise and pollution. It's the place when i can find inner peace.

Submitted by Siti Fatimah on Thu, 10/10/2019 - 04:53

I prefer to choose the farmhouse for holiday. I think it will help me to ignore my stressfull

Submitted by beginner on Mon, 26/08/2019 - 16:07

During my holidays, I would like to stay with my whole family in a City house rather than a City flat.

Submitted by myolay on Tue, 20/08/2019 - 14:03

I will choose farmhouse because I like nature and it can rest peacefully than city flat...

Submitted by Lameed Mohamed on Fri, 02/08/2019 - 11:30

Me and my family tend to have our holidays in countryside where my grandma and grangpa live , it's amazing all the time cause u can do alot of things that u can't do in the city , i mean we can visit nieghbours who they're our relatives too by the way in everytime beside that the whole big family are there so we have nice time with each other, But of course there is thing that i don't like a lot which is too much housewrok, i think this is happens in all farmhouses is it ..?

Submitted by Hkn18 on Tue, 30/07/2019 - 08:50

I choose farmhouse for a holiday. Because, I want to rest at holiday.

Submitted by Sridhar reddy on Sun, 21/07/2019 - 15:45

bedroom sleeps four people? doesnt sound right, can we actually say that way?

Hello Sridhar reddy

It's true that this would be unsual in ordinary conversation with someone, but in a context such as this one, this expression is very common.

All the best