A text message invitation

A text message invitation

Learn how to write a text message invitation to a friend.

Preparation

Reading text
Sandra
online

Hey! Want to meet for a drink after work?

14:16

Cool, what time do you finish?

14:21

Late as always crying

14:22

Me too. Msg me when you leave

14:22

OK. Where do you want to go?

14:23

IDK. I might be hungry tho

14:24

Good point.

14:25

I'll think of somewhere to eat.

14:25

I know what you're like when you're hungry! wink

14:27

LOL, I'm not that bad!

14:31

Don't worry. We can meet at the bus stop and decide then.

14:31

yes See you later

14:32

Tips

1. You don't need to write complete sentences.
  2. You can use abbreviations like LOL (= laugh out loud) or IDK (= I don't know) to save time.
  3. Use emojis smiley to add feelings.
  4. You don't need to use full stops (.) at the end of messages.

Task 1

Task 2

Task 3

Topics

Average: 4.3 (16 votes)

Submitted by sakura on Tue, 09/06/2020 - 13:43

I prefer to send a lot of message to my friends for going to drink or have dinner. Because I don't like phones so much. Even my friends can get nervous on the phone, so I prefer to talk in text I also found it easier to speak in text. If you make a promise in writing, it will remain in the text, so if you forget it, you can check it immediately. If you have forgotten to make a verbal promise, you must ask the other person again.In order to avoid such an act, I feel that the written promise is number one.Nowadays, SNS such as LINE is developed, so if you want to invite more than one person, you can invite them to the same chat. It's difficult to make a phone call because you have to call each person.However, I use the telephone for emergency calls and invitations. I don't use text because I want a quick reply. For example, if I am late for the appointment time, if i feel unwell, if I want to change the appointment location or time, I can contact the other person by phone.By the way, If I go out into society, I will have more phone calls. As I said before, I'm not good at talking to people on the phone right now, so I'll practice little by little and try to cure my dislike of the phone.
Profile picture for user lsrafael

Submitted by lsrafael on Tue, 09/06/2020 - 00:43

Usually I send messages to friends and work partners. Nowadays is easier to send messages or voice records.

Submitted by Laila Mutiara … on Fri, 05/06/2020 - 04:34

i prefer to send a message for making a plan. but just a short message

Submitted by eshan.saif on Mon, 01/06/2020 - 21:13

Usually, I feel comfortable texting my friends than talking them face to face. but when it's time to make any plans then I would like to speak about what should we do or what we are going to do.

Submitted by iiiirx6 on Sun, 31/05/2020 - 04:44

I used to send a MSG because make a call it might gives more time to choose a design. send a MSG is more flexibility for us

Submitted by doublef005 on Sun, 17/05/2020 - 18:51

I prefer send a lot messages to my friends for going to have dinner. I seldom to talk directly with them because i don't want to disturb their activity

Submitted by mouna99 on Sun, 17/05/2020 - 13:35

I prefer sending message instead of speaking to my friends, for not disturb them while they are working or sleeping

Submitted by c.lopes23 on Sat, 16/05/2020 - 16:59

I do both, I send lot of mensagens and to speak with my friends for make any plans.

Submitted by Clarissa on Sat, 16/05/2020 - 12:25

I usually send voice messages when I want to start a real conversation. It ends up in a phone call.

Submitted by mm_xx1415 on Fri, 15/05/2020 - 02:01

Hello there, Wish you all the best It' s depends on the situation. If he/she at something busy; I would like to send a text message if not I prefer to call them because I want to here their re- action or feeling with it. thanks a lot Mohammed :)