Pronouns

Pronouns are words that take the place of nouns. We often use them to avoid repeating the nouns that they refer to. Pronouns have different forms for the different ways we use them.

Read clear grammar explanations and example sentences to help you understand how pronouns are used. Then, put your grammar knowledge into practice by doing the exercises.

Choose a topic and start improving your English grammar today.

Submitted by Neela on Sun, 26/02/2012 - 06:02

Hi,I m Neela,I m from Bangladesh.my english skill is not so good.thatswhy i came here........................:)

Submitted by sitaram thapa on Sat, 25/02/2012 - 13:41

hi ,everybody

i am from Nepal,& my English  is very poor but  i want to learn step by step and i want to be good speaking and writing the English language .Can u help me ?

Submitted by Krishna Avtar on Sat, 25/02/2012 - 10:47

I'm from India & want to learn english if somebody has same intrested please contact me.

Submitted by kemekelen on Fri, 24/02/2012 - 08:47

Hello Everybody, I am from Indonesia, a country torn apart by evilish indoctrination.

I got interested to learn english because i need to learn about brainwash tactics, which mostly available in english. Please do contact me if you have similar interest. Maybe we could learn to achive something together.

Submitted by monza on Fri, 24/02/2012 - 06:34

hello....I'm new member n would loke to learning ggod english......

Submitted by boomboom on Fri, 24/02/2012 - 03:04

Someone to talk with me in Bangkok ?

Submitted by somaia on Thu, 23/02/2012 - 15:01

Hello
I'm new on the site.
I have a question ..

?How can I chat with you

Submitted by ALLY MSHUZA on Thu, 23/02/2012 - 14:30

Hi guyz, im come in site, cause i want to improve my english.Hope we will assist each other. Im come from east africa, Tanzania.

Submitted by d-keshab on Thu, 23/02/2012 - 14:05

i will try to improve my english language .

Submitted by Nuwan B on Wed, 22/02/2012 - 10:21

Hi,I'm Nuwan from Sri lanka.I'm new for British Counsil.

Submitted by Saeed14 on Wed, 22/02/2012 - 07:14

hello every one

I like British Accent , I'm coming to this web site to improve my English language ,Accent skills  and make relationship with a new friend on the whole world

Submitted by boomboom on Wed, 22/02/2012 - 06:49

Hi everyone,

I live in Bangkok for 1 month and I would like to meet people to improve my english. It's quite correct already but I need to talk as often as possible. So, if someone is motivated to share experience, hobbies, .... We can meet, drink and talk together. 1 hour regularly for example... . Let me know. Thanks !

Submitted by faisal basra on Tue, 21/02/2012 - 11:01

hey i m new to learn english

Submitted by imanefaraoui on Tue, 21/02/2012 - 08:29

Hello good morning every body, My names Imane Id like to improve my English I need to fluently in writing and spooking. I wish to help.

Submitted by A.Youssef on Thu, 16/02/2012 - 23:36

Helloo every one , I am new , and This is a great thing to learn English , I like it so much

Submitted by ImanRoohi on Wed, 15/02/2012 - 20:15

Xlnt: I'm good at English. But I wanna learn more about the usage of similar words. Hey. Btw live each day as it comes.

Submitted by basil rakaan on Sat, 11/02/2012 - 18:52

hi everybody

i want learn english

Submitted by huajun87 on Wed, 08/02/2012 - 08:46

Thank you,Stephen Jones,you are so kind.

Submitted by Malathie Rajapakse on Wed, 08/02/2012 - 04:30

I want to  write advanced official letters  in  following fields.

i.  Appreciation and thanking

ii.  Warning letters.

iii.  Calling explanations

iv.   covering letters for sending proposals, reports to out side.

Submitted by SevenSkyHeaven on Wed, 08/02/2012 - 01:23

Hello,

I am going to improve my English through this wonderful website.

Warm regards to the creators.

Submitted by fushinguyen on Tue, 07/02/2012 - 15:36

i'm fushi nguyen.my english level is very bad. i think you can help to improve it.

Thankyou very much..........

Submitted by eman albouti on Fri, 03/02/2012 - 22:52

hello, i'm new here and i want to improve my english in speaking and writting is there any one can help me please??

Submitted by simplyarsh2002 on Thu, 26/01/2012 - 17:17

hi i am  arsh my english weak and i want to improve quickly

Submitted by dila dila on Thu, 26/01/2012 - 02:15

hi everyone ! I m new :) can you help me for about learn english speak ? thanks..

Submitted by docwass6 on Tue, 24/01/2012 - 07:09

Have you talked to a lawyer? ----- can tell you your right. ...

please fill it. i filled the blank with ' He ' but they said it's ' they '..............how is that ??????????/

We use he/him to refer to men, and she/her to refer to women. When we are not sure if we are talking about a man or a woman we use they/them.

Submitted by nazajn on Thu, 19/01/2012 - 17:07

hi,

I am an Indian and live in Kuwait. i want to have excellent command over English(both orally and in written).at present i am in an intermediate level and am very much passionate and mad to learn English.hope someone here will help me on this issue.

my hubby is so weak in English and i want to improve atleast his basic level of english plz help

hiii. me also keen to learn English.. i am working in advertising agency. and in our industry English spoken is must.. This site has useful information.

Lets start together...

Submitted by yokotamari on Thu, 19/01/2012 - 01:09

i wish i can speak english fluently,and someday be an english teacher

I will be happy to teach you and answer any questions you may have, please feel free to message me anytime!

Submitted by jack_21 on Wed, 18/01/2012 - 13:00

hello you
i have just got new account i dont know that how i have missed this english wepsite appearntly i am going to improve it as fast as it can
lets begin some conversation as tania said
n am from turkey hope some one hear me and help me bye

Submitted by albert hysa on Sat, 14/01/2012 - 10:33

my teacher will be right...to use thjis adress is fantastic.....i am to practicated with that

Submitted by A R Bhat on Sat, 14/01/2012 - 01:37

Salamun'alaikum! This is Bhat Raashid,from Srinagar Kashmir.I came to know about British Council by chance, but i don't know how I have been missing this site for so long.I am a Teacher teaching English Grammar at the secondary level.I want to learn how I can improve the effectiveness of my lessons? Bye for now.

Hi Bhat,

Welcome to LearnEnglish! I'm happy to hear that you like our website.

As you are a teacher, you might find our sister site, TeachingEnglish, useful. It has lots of articles, ideas and videos for teachers like you.

Best wishes,

Adam

Submitted by Sonam Topgyal on Fri, 13/01/2012 - 12:12

hi, i m new to this and want to improve my english both speaking and writing. I would love to speak to speak fluently.

Submitted by leila_batnia on Tue, 10/01/2012 - 21:34

Hello

I am Leila from Algeria I am a new subscriber. I would like to improve my English. I am dreaming of the day when I could speak English fluently and write it without mistakes

Best regards

Hello,

This is Abul Omer, I am new on this community. My level of English writing skills is intermediate and I can fairly talk in English. I would like to take part on this community as much as possible so that my language skills could be improve.

Guidance from seniors is requested to utilize this community in best manners.

Kind regards, AOA

Submitted by ramy_allam on Mon, 09/01/2012 - 22:45

hi, i wish improve my English with you

thanks

Submitted by Tania Kandra on Mon, 09/01/2012 - 21:17

Hello you!

I've just been registered! This is my first message. I hope to improve my intermediate English too much with you - from all over the world! This website is a magic tool. I feel good in being connected. Let's begin some conversation. Tell me what do you know about my country - Brazil ? Bye

Submitted by nasim_halim on Mon, 09/01/2012 - 19:24

Just practice on the lessions..

Submitted by Moon Narayan S… on Mon, 09/01/2012 - 15:33

Hi everybody..... I‘m from Nepal.I want to improve my english and be a very good English language teacher in near future please suggest me how do I do it?,

Hi Moon,

Well, this site is all about how to improve your English, but you might also like to visit TeachingEnglish, our sister site for teachers. It has articles and videos to help you become better at teaching.

Best wishes,