Other animals

Do these vocabulary exercises and learn the names of some birds, insects and other animals.

Submitted by Kadir on Tue, 14/09/2021 - 19:15

When I was a child I used to play insects such ant, frog, spider and even snakes. One day a scorpion had bitten me while I sleep. Since that day I'm afraid of scorpions and other toxic animals. But I don't hate them. Some people kill them because of their fears. This situation makes me sad. I believe that all tne creatures have right of life.

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Wed, 14/04/2021 - 13:01

I hate snakes....! Very scaring... :(

Submitted by Abrarhussain on Mon, 12/04/2021 - 12:29

I see some animals that are found in my area and some are found in further away. Yes I would like to have a budgie as a pet.

Submitted by Medine Öztürk on Fri, 09/04/2021 - 16:40

I see spiders and beetles everywhere I live. I wish I had a pet budgie

Submitted by Ramadan Zayed on Sun, 07/02/2021 - 21:22

Some animals like to see them such as doves, budgies, and penguins, and some animals don't like to see them like millipedes, beetle, and spider. also, I hate the frog's voice, it makes me very nervous.

Submitted by BlaiChan on Sun, 06/12/2020 - 01:20

Yes, I do some of them in this list. If I had an option, I would like to have a budgie. Cause I love birds.

Submitted by Ayuloraine sit… on Tue, 24/11/2020 - 05:36

yes, i can see all of them. but i don't wanna having one of them to be a pet.

Submitted by Asni on Wed, 23/09/2020 - 21:05

No, I don't like to have any animal as a pet, we used to have a dog at my parents' house and I think taking care of a pet is a huge responsibility. It is something you should do from the heart, with love and affection. Budgies, doves and penguins are so beautiul, and I really enjoy watching them but I hate seeing birds kept in cages..

Submitted by Pola on Mon, 21/09/2020 - 17:40

Yes, I can see some of them everyday. Some birds they are living in the nests, and the cockroaches are live in sewers, and the fleas are living in the air, whereas the crabs, penguins, frogs are living nearby the water, and which are living on the roof and wall that are the spiders. I can take the budgie as a pet, but it lives in a cage at home, it is very nice bird and can to talk with owner fluently.

Submitted by want-to-know on Sun, 06/09/2020 - 09:25

Is this all the words, or am I missing something?

Hello want-to-know,

This list of animals goes together with our Farm animals and Wild animals lists. There of course are many, many more animal names and general vocabulary you could learn, but with these three lists you have a start.

Submitted by RixNguyen (not verified) on Mon, 08/06/2020 - 11:58

Yes. I see dogs, cats, birds, fish, a lot of mice and cockroaches. Now I have a dog as a pet.

Submitted by OlaIELTS on Sun, 07/06/2020 - 21:59

Yes. I could. Yes. I would.

Submitted by Ainura_85 on Tue, 02/06/2020 - 15:24

There are many swallows, doves outside in my country. Also you can easily to see an insects like beetles, cockroaches in the garden. There are not animals and birds such penguins and budgie in my country.

Submitted by Janiere on Sun, 10/05/2020 - 22:49

There aren't penguins where I live. I would like to have one budgie as a pet, because I think it's very fun.

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Sun, 05/04/2020 - 13:25

My family used to have a huge cage where a number of bugies were kept. They were given water, green vegetables, and seeds. One night, a cat attacked the cage and some bugies and chicks were gone. It was a tragedy!

Submitted by Daudau0601 on Sat, 04/04/2020 - 15:49

yes i can see some of these animals where i live, especially insects. i usually see cockroach and beetle on a floor, millipede on the ground in the garden. Sometimes i see frogs near the lake, I'm really afraid of them. I've never seen penguin. I like having a couple dove as a pet because they symbolize peace.

Submitted by Ammaraf on Wed, 26/02/2020 - 14:36

Yes off course as a pet like cat or maybe fish I think it is better the budgie in cage, all animals are good in the ranch but not in the house.

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Sun, 06/10/2019 - 10:56

A while ago, on my way to a library, I saw a girl capturing a turtle in a butterfly net around a pond. I heard a woman walking behind me saying "Oh... poor tutle! Kids shouldn't play with animals in such a way!...but I have no courage to tell them to stop". When I came around the place again, I saw a crowd of people looking at the girl who was trying to leave the big turtle in the net into the water but the turtle wouldn't come out. A young man approached her to try in the same way. It was so wierd to me because nobody tried to touch the turtle. Eventually, I said, "Shall I set it free with my hands?" and did it in a moment. Some of the bystanders said to me "Thank you very much!!" A turtle is not so dangerous and I got strange feelings.

Submitted by mtalebi on Thu, 26/09/2019 - 07:58

Yes, I can see some of them such as beetle, cockroach, frog, dove, and budgie. I do not like to have them as a pet.

Submitted by JTEROBA on Tue, 03/09/2019 - 14:22

Where I live there are animals as a budgies, swallows, spiders and frogs. In addition, there are a lot of insects such as cockroach, millipede and beetles. In my opinion birds must be in freedom, not in cages.
I totally agree with you, to me birds are only beautiful when they can open and close their wings, fly from a tree to an other and live free. So I couldn't have a bird as a pet.

Submitted by Lianna on Wed, 06/03/2019 - 17:15

We have not sea or ocean , thats why we have not crab, penguin. I see beetle , frog very rarely. When my sun was a little i had budgie, he liked them very much, but he is allergic, and doctor recommended me not to keep them. I gave them to my brother.