Booking a table

Booking a table

Listen to someone booking a table in a restaurant to practise and improve your listening skills!

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Staff: Hello, Gino's.

Jamie: Hi. Can I book a table for tomorrow night, please?

Staff: How many people is it for?

Jamie: Four.

Staff: And what time would you like?

Jamie: About eight, eight thirty maybe?

Staff: Let's see ... We're pretty busy tomorrow, so I can do half past seven or nine.

Jamie: Oh. OK, then. Half seven, please.

Staff: What name is it?

Jamie: Jamie.

Staff: J-A- ...?

Jamie: M-I-E

Staff: OK, so that's a table for four at half past seven tomorrow evening.

Jamie: Great. Thanks! Bye.

Staff: Bye.

Staff: Hello, Gino's.

Jamie: Hi, I called earlier to book a table for four and I was wondering if I can make it for six instead?

Staff: Ah, what name was it?

Jamie: It's Jamie.

Staff: Table for four at half past seven. So you want to change it to 6 o'clock?

Jamie: No, sorry. Can I make it for six people?

Staff: Oh, I see. Sorry! That shouldn't be a problem. I can move you to a bigger table but it will be nearer the kitchen. Is that OK?

Jamie: No problem. Is it possible to change the time as well? Make it a little bit later?

Staff: Ah ... yeah, we can. Is eight OK for you?

Jamie: Perfect, thanks!

Staff: Lovely. See you tomorrow, then.

Jamie: Thanks! Bye!

Staff: Thanks. Ciao!

Average: 4.3 (156 votes)

Submitted by joshnamep on Thu, 18/06/2020 - 16:45

I love side-walk restaurant, especially in cities, you can do sightseeing while enjoy your meal and it is more reasonable!
Profile picture for user Hennadii

Submitted by Hennadii on Wed, 17/06/2020 - 16:29

I like Italian and Japanese food. They're way too different from our national food but I love it. Perhaps this is the reason - trying something unusual. I can eat pizza or pasta or sushi almost every day

Submitted by Ayawa on Sun, 14/06/2020 - 10:10

I like Korean food, it's so delicious. I think live in Korean like a heaven. I mean the food. Hmm, i want eat them everyday.
Profile picture for user Basar Huzni

Submitted by Basar Huzni on Mon, 08/06/2020 - 11:53

Hello, I am Basar from Kurdistan. My favourite kind of restaurant which has a small building and has very clean staff and the price of his food is not expensive, I mean very cheap :) And I like the Kurdish food specially Duhokian food.

Submitted by MAE on Fri, 05/06/2020 - 05:48

Definitely, I love Chinese food. Chinese food is pretty delicious! And I also love Italian food like pasta~

Submitted by Asni on Thu, 04/06/2020 - 14:55

Honestly, I don't have a favourite one, I like most of them. I haven't tried Indian food yet but I'd like to because I heard it is quite good and delicious.

Submitted by Ximix on Thu, 04/06/2020 - 11:29

Well, I like italian food. I think that italian food have something especially in itself. Their sauces, pastas and pizzas are delicious.

Submitted by MoutazAlotaibe on Wed, 03/06/2020 - 05:43

I like Indian Restaurant.

Submitted by Mamta Gusain on Sat, 30/05/2020 - 12:51

I love Indian food. so i prefer to go Indian restaurants mostly. i find there a wide variety of Indian cuisine with different tastes.