An email about a business event

Learn how to write an email about a business event.

Reading text

To: Jonas Schiffer
From: Nina Petrov
Subject: Report on Lumos conference

Dear Jonas,

Thanks for making it possible for me to go to the Lumos conference in London last week. As you know, it is the biggest technology conference in the country and very important to our work.

I learned a lot and I've made some new contacts that will be good for our company. I think we should try to attend the 'Innovation Day' in April as well.

I focused on talks about robotics, as that is our most interesting area at the moment. The presentations on robot 'hands' and robots for hospitals were particularly interesting for us. I'm attaching a detailed report on this new research with some suggestions about how we can use it.

Thanks again for this opportunity. I'm happy to discuss the report further if you're interested.

Best regards,
Nina

Tips

1. Start your email with Dear to make it a little more formal. Hi is informal.
  2. Give the context at the beginning, e.g. Thanks for … or As you know, …
  3. Make sure you explain the importance of the event for your company:
    I've made some new contacts that will be good for our company.
    … were particularly interesting for us.
    … with some suggestions about how we can use it.
  4. Keep your email short. Add an attachment if you have more to say:
    I'm attaching …
  5. You can finish by offering to give more information:
    I'm happy to discuss the report further if you're interested.
  6. You can sign off with Best regards.
Do you need to improve your English writing skills?
Join thousands of learners from around the world who are improving their English writing skills with our live online classes and personal tutoring courses.

A2 English level (pre-intermediate)

Submitted by jhn__26 on Wed, 10/06/2020 - 07:39

I was the chairman of the student council when I was in junior high school, so I participated in the student council meeting. It is a meeting in which we students' councils and all the chairmen, including the class members and the health committee members, gather. We discuss whether they achieved the goal they had set last month, create a new goal for this month, and discuss concrete implementation plans. As the student president, I became chairman at the meeting and directed me and sometimes gave speeches in front of all of the students . I struggled to become a student president, but I felt more rewarding for my position as student president. I had a lot of chances to be nervous and work hard, but now it's a good experience. In addition, At the university I am currently attending, all the club members participate in the discussion of club activities every Thursday. There, I will change the schedule of my entire club activities and the current ones. We gather regularly, so I think the morale of the whole club activity will be maintained.

Submitted by Takaya on Wed, 10/06/2020 - 02:42

Dear Thank you for attending the Japan Conference last weekend. As you know, this was Japan's largest technology conference and was an important conference for our work. We have learned a lot and have also got some new contacts to help us with our work. I'm as interested in robotics as you are. I am interested in nursing care technology that uses the robot technology. In Japan, the number of caregivers is decreasing, while the number of people requiring care is increasing. Our company aims to contribute to Japan's nursing care by using robot technology. I'll attach the details of our plan and make a suggestion on how to use it. Feel free to contact us if you are interested and need further discussion. If you would like to have a direct meeting, please let us know as we would like to set a date and time together. We hope to have a good discussion with you. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for this opportunity. Thanking you in advance.

Submitted by mouna99 on Mon, 25/05/2020 - 14:39

No, I've never attended a work conference

Submitted by Lauracastanos on Tue, 12/05/2020 - 01:02

Yes, When my boss couldn´t attend, I went to conferences in her replacement.

Submitted by Saybal Roy on Sun, 19/04/2020 - 17:43

Actually, I have never attended any business conference so far because Iam a student.

Submitted by Saybal Roy on Sun, 19/04/2020 - 17:18

Actually I have never attended a conference so far because I'm a student. But like everyone else, I've a great desire to attend a conference. Especially, if it is a physics conference I'll never tell "No". So, if anyone invites me to join a physics conference, I will accept him/her invitation.

Submitted by ademyonet on Thu, 16/04/2020 - 21:31

Yes, I went to for work conferences. As you know, conferences are grow up our informations. Everyone must attend a conference once a year. Our informations are increase at conferences.

Submitted by rivercountryside on Thu, 19/03/2020 - 08:14

Dear ! Thanks for making it possible to me to go to the Vietnam conference last month. As you know, it was an important meeting for us. I learn a lot and made new contacts good for our work. I am interest in about technology production fishing net , I hope you interesting to their. I am attaching detail new our plan, if you need to further discuss , don't hesistant contact me. I'm look forward to hearing you soon. Thanks again for this opportunity. Best regards. Mimi.
Profile picture for user Magedelabd

Submitted by Magedelabd on Tue, 25/02/2020 - 17:15

Yes of course I had attended a work conference in oil shill company . Talking about the lubricant oil industry . It wad very interested to me as I am an automotive service center manager.

Submitted by Vidyasagar on Mon, 17/02/2020 - 15:45

No, I never went to any events or conferences related to my work.

Submitted by Farhanshadin36 on Sat, 18/01/2020 - 11:54

No I don’t .But I think that is really helpful to join a international conference.If I would get any chance like that I would like to do that .

Submitted by Farhanshadin36 on Sat, 18/01/2020 - 11:51

It’s very helpful

Submitted by shahhoseini on Wed, 15/01/2020 - 07:37

Yes, I participated in an international conference in China in 2008. Also, I have attended many national conferences in Iran.

Submitted by Maksmatt on Tue, 22/10/2019 - 20:24

Yes, I do. I work at school and we have to attend at several conferences during the year, at least 5-6. The talks are often about education or digitization in the claasroom.

Submitted by aliyazdan on Mon, 30/09/2019 - 18:31

Hello evrybody As you know, going to related conferances and events with your work are very useful to get new information and meet intresting people and you can make some new contacts that will be good for your work.

Submitted by Dawn on Sun, 08/09/2019 - 12:39

Dear Salah, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to attend Arab’s lawyers Forum, held in Rome. I learned a lot about Artificial intelligence and it’s role in legal field. I also made some new contacts, from the golf so we can work together in the future. I attached a detailed report about forum so we can discuss further details if you are interested. Thank you again for this huge opportunity. Best regards, Dawn
Profile picture for user randyjay

Submitted by randyjay on Sun, 01/09/2019 - 05:24

It is very important to knowing informations and making contacts to Bild a business or do business well
Profile picture for user TP

Submitted by TP on Sun, 01/09/2019 - 05:23

I don't usually go to these types of events or conferences. However, I feel that it's very important to attend them because you can make new contacts and find new aspects in the your field. After all the experience is so important.

Submitted by cittàutopica on Fri, 16/08/2019 - 22:48

I very often went to events or conferences or meeting for work, both in my Region and in other Regions or abroad; these opportunities were a part of my job.

Submitted by Smartsosty on Fri, 26/07/2019 - 23:00

Yes, I have attended to a lot of conferences and courses for my work, they have been interested and useful for my profesional practice, I have met some interesting people, I have made some contacts, and of course I have learned a lot.

Submitted by sajith k on Sun, 21/07/2019 - 11:23

To ; Philip From ;Lily Subject ;Report on Amiga Technologies Conferences Dear Philip Thank you for making it possible for me to go to the Amiga technologies conferences in France at last week..it is the biggest technology conference in this country and it was very important to our work I learned a lot .and i have made some new contact in there ,that will be good for our company in future. I think we should try to attend the ''future world'' conference in next September I focused on talk about electronic car .as that is the important interested subject in this field .Presentation about solar energy use in electronic car was very interesting .I am attaching some important detail about the research with this letter,that can be implement in our country Thank you for this wonderful opportunity . I am happy to disuses the report further if you are interested Best Regards, Lily
Profile picture for user mtalebi

Submitted by mtalebi on Mon, 03/06/2019 - 06:56

Yes, I have participated in two conferences so far. Although they were useful, they were costly.

Submitted by saydin on Thu, 23/05/2019 - 22:24

Of course, I went conference and event for work or education.I think, It's useful for personal evolution and work but unfortunately, It's usually boring. is not it?

Submitted by Tossa on Thu, 23/05/2019 - 00:15

I am studying yet, but this information is important beacuse I learn how do it correctly.

Submitted by indiex on Tue, 19/02/2019 - 05:43

Dear Phil, Thanks for offering me the opportunity to attend the robotics conference in Mumbai on Monday. As you know, it is one of the biggest conference held this year. I have made some useful contacts for our company. I am sure we would definitely get new business from this seminar. Presentation on Robotic automation and Robotic receptionist were not only interesting but I learned a few tips from it. I am happy to discuss the report that I have made about the presentation. Let me know if you are interested. Best regards, Kim