Business cards

Listen to four people talk about their jobs to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

A

A: Hello, Doctor Miller. It's nice to meet you.

B: Please call me Peter.

A: OK. Are you a medical doctor? It must be helpful when you sell medical equipment.

B: Actually, no. My doctorate was in electronic engineering, but it's still helpful for me when I sell our equipment.

B

Good morning, everyone. I'm happy to be here today to tell you about our new project. My name is Alessandro Rossi. I'm the project leader on the Starlight programming project.

C

Pleased to meet you. Here's my card. My real name is Megumi Tanaka, but people who are not from my country think it's difficult to say my name, so I use another name, Meg, when I'm working internationally.

D

Hello, everyone. My name's Andres Mulligan. I'm very happy to be joining this team for the next few months and learning more about research and development.

Reading text

DX Medical Equipment Ltd
Dr Peter Miller
Sales Director

*Space10 Designs*
Alessandro Rossi
Lead Programmer

Global Engineering Consults
Megumi Tanaka
Product Manager

MaXtin Ltd
Andres Mulligan Jr
Intern, R&D team
Do you need to improve your English listening skills?

Submitted by mrelvinaliyev on Mon, 09/11/2020 - 16:54

In my country main information on business card is name , last name, phone number and email.

Submitted by eduagrgu on Thu, 05/11/2020 - 15:25

the information on the business card in my country displays the name, ID, business, or company name.

Submitted by Kaique Machado on Mon, 02/11/2020 - 23:48

In my country the business cards have first name, last name, position and company's name on top of the card

Submitted by hilal coşkun on Sat, 31/10/2020 - 08:40

In my country the business cards include the information company, name, surname, phone number, email, position

Submitted by Victor Hugo Fl… on Thu, 22/10/2020 - 22:32

generally the information that the business cards contain are name, position, phone number, company address, and email

Submitted by Nurieta on Tue, 20/10/2020 - 15:33

Hi, in my business card you can find, Company´s name with logo, my name and surname, telephone number, address, e-mail and that´s all. I think my Company, would have to add the information about where the people can find us, Facebook, IG, twitter ...

Submitted by HaithamEqrai on Sun, 18/10/2020 - 12:50

The most important in the card is a Name, Position, Company, Email, and phone number

Submitted by DEICY on Sun, 11/10/2020 - 15:11

In My country the Main information in a business card is: Company name, person name, phone number, position in the Company, e-mail.

Submitted by Carlos Cabrera on Mon, 21/09/2020 - 22:47

In my country the business card information contain: mane, job assignation, name of company, cell number, then number of the office, dress of company, logo and social media(Facebook and Twitter) of company.

Submitted by abdalkreem seaf on Tue, 08/09/2020 - 20:54

In my country the business cards include company's name , position ,phone numbers , firstname , surname and kind of work

Submitted by Maria19 on Fri, 04/09/2020 - 08:16

The information on the business card in my country is usually about - business name, email, phone number and address.

Submitted by Faheem Khan on Fri, 28/08/2020 - 02:44

in our country pakistan mostly they enter the information about company details like, company address, company email, company phone number, company owner name etc.
Profile picture for user shelly

Submitted by shelly on Fri, 21/08/2020 - 10:10

My business contains the information of my title, my company name and our website, and the corresponding contact way that you could reach me.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Tue, 18/08/2020 - 12:29

We rarely meet people in business because of Covid-19. Less papers, more electronics. Which is eco friendly? ;)

Submitted by MARIANO_HB on Tue, 11/08/2020 - 20:37

Business card in my country contains a brief summary of the title of the professional. For example Name, title, or charge in the company, office phone, mobile phone, email address, the company name, etc.

Submitted by ErichPD on Sat, 08/08/2020 - 16:33

In my country Chile, the classical business card have, the company who the person works, the person's name, the phone, the e-mail, the web for the company and the address for the company.

Submitted by Thuraya Moataz on Wed, 29/07/2020 - 01:27

I am from Egypt, business cards include the name, E-mail, position or job title, phone number, and address

Submitted by Kaofeng on Tue, 28/07/2020 - 14:52

I am from China. Here people usually put the following information on their business card. Full name, job title, company name, its logo, company address, telephone number, fax number, mobile number, email address, company website, and wechat and or QQ number, QR code, slogan of the business, and some other information they might want to share, for example, a picture.

Submitted by Phan Bao Dung on Sun, 26/07/2020 - 10:18

I'm from Viet Nam. In my country, business cards briefly display the basic information of individuals or companies, such as logos, brand names, names, addresses, phone numbers, contact emails, websites ...

Submitted by Alifaraax on Wed, 22/07/2020 - 16:00

Business card contains first name,surname and position of job if they have to so Business card will give us full information about the person who is the person?what kind of tittle does thos person have to?

Hello Alifaraax,

I'm afraid I don't understand your question. A person's title could refer to their job (Head of Marketing / Chief Financial Officer / Senior Researcher), it could refer to a professional qualification which gives a title (Doctor / Professor), or it could refer to a title granted through a person's position in society (President / Cardinal / Senator).

Submitted by I am on Tue, 21/07/2020 - 20:24

I’m from Ukraine. Here the business cards usually contains name, surname, professional status or degree, phone number, address and, sometime, link to the social media accounts or QR code

Submitted by Ahmad_Khalil on Tue, 21/07/2020 - 10:24

Regularly Business cars have First and family name, Occupation, phone number, and E-mail

Submitted by Miri85 on Sun, 19/07/2020 - 15:27

I don´t know. I have never seen a business card where I live. But I suppose a business card should have your name, your position in your work and your email and phone number

Submitted by syah on Sun, 19/07/2020 - 12:09

I'm not sure about business cards in my country. The information that I know that included in business cards are name and address of company, name of person, position in the company, email address, and phone number.

Submitted by Dastenova Firuza on Tue, 07/07/2020 - 15:04

Business cards include information about their sevice, names, profits, pictures,contact numbers

Submitted by sara1412 on Tue, 07/07/2020 - 10:13

in my country business card containing on( name of Person , email address number of phone, name of job and name of company )

Submitted by jonon on Sun, 05/07/2020 - 17:22

in my country business cards incluide the information about the business person

Submitted by 7Elhoussaine A. on Fri, 03/07/2020 - 15:09

In my country, business cards include the informations about the person; his name, his position in the company and also the company name and their website.
Profile picture for user EWS

Submitted by EWS on Wed, 01/07/2020 - 11:01

hello I think modern business card have a general informations about company. Important is name of a person his position, company name and website which provide to details about company
Profile picture for user Onur

Submitted by Onur on Tue, 30/06/2020 - 19:11

The people who have a job in my country Turkey, have their name, surname, position in the company, the name of the company, the address of the company, phone number, cellphone number, personal e-mail address and web site of the company on their business cards.

Submitted by Ronake on Sat, 27/06/2020 - 22:01

In my country, a simple business card include these personal information; Name, Surname, the name of the company, the job position, phone number, and email address.

Submitted by joshnamep on Sun, 21/06/2020 - 17:00

I am not sure but according to some business cards I have seen before in Vietnam. I can say that there are some below: address of the office some icon of their field company name telephone number and cellphone number email address and so on....

Submitted by Esperance15 on Fri, 19/06/2020 - 21:50

In general business card as the information below: company name Surname and name of the person His position to the company Office Telephone number/ cellphone number Email adress
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Fri, 19/06/2020 - 14:55

Recently I see some business cards with a face picture with the name.

Submitted by hangnt5 on Fri, 19/06/2020 - 09:48

Hi everyone, in my country, the business cards are containing Name of person, job title, the company name, address, phone number, email to connect with them.

Submitted by Ragdaalamin on Fri, 19/06/2020 - 00:25

hello in my country business card contain their job and address phone number and email to conect with them
Profile picture for user Hennadii

Submitted by Hennadii on Wed, 17/06/2020 - 16:47

I guess it's business cards are the same in all countries. We use business cards to introduce ourselves, creating new business connections. So you have to share your name, phone number, e-mail, company's name and job title.

Submitted by MUHAMMAD YOUNUS on Tue, 16/06/2020 - 06:38

Hello everyone, this is Muhammad Younus, I am from Pakistan. Here People have a lot of information on their business cards like contact number, email address, name, company's name, and what services they provide. Thanks
Profile picture for user Basar Huzni

Submitted by Basar Huzni on Mon, 08/06/2020 - 15:31

Hello, everyone. I'm from Iraq. usually, In my country the business cards are containing Name of person, Phone number, Email address, company address and anything helpful to the people to contact. In general, Unfortunately In my country more than people don't have a business cards.

Submitted by MAE on Fri, 05/06/2020 - 05:59

Actually, there will be a personal name, the position, company's name and address, also phone number be printed.

Submitted by Asni on Thu, 04/06/2020 - 21:32

In my country, on a business card you may find the logo and name of the company, its phone number, address and e-mail as well. Besides, it may have the product or service provided by the company described in a few words, usually two or three words. And of course the function or job of the employee who uses the business card.

Submitted by mohammaed hamidi on Tue, 02/06/2020 - 21:47

hello guys i am search a person to speak with him/her to improve my langauge thank you

Hello mohammaed hamidi

I'm afraid that the House rules here on LearnEnglish will make this difficult, so I'd suggest you visit our Facebook page.

All the best

Submitted by Mamta Gusain on Sat, 30/05/2020 - 15:23

people have a lot of information in their business card which lets customers know about them. it contains Full name, their firm name, qualification/specialization, years of experience, contact details e.g. email address, website address and phone number and address.

Submitted by Rafa on Wed, 27/05/2020 - 19:51

Hi everyone!!. In my country, usually , in our bussines cards must to have the firts name , the famille name , your profesional dégrée , the company name , the website, phone number , email and addres company

Submitted by amal.araia on Wed, 27/05/2020 - 17:12

Business cards in my country shows a full name, passion, name of compan, kinds of services and brands of equipments that they provide, phone, adress, e-mail, web site, and work hours.
Profile picture for user Santiago Perez

Submitted by Santiago Perez on Tue, 26/05/2020 - 01:09

Hi! In Latin American Countries all providers of services and profesionals use bussines cards, in it show name and surname, professional degree, name of company, kinds of services and brands of equipments that they provide, phone, adress, e-mail, and web site and others data.
Profile picture for user Ivanox76

Submitted by Ivanox76 on Fri, 22/05/2020 - 07:53

Good day for everyone! On my business a lot of people show in their cards information about their skills and their experience, and also they show their profession degree.