Online course introductions

Learn how to introduce yourself on an online course.

Reading text

New messages

10 Sep, 00:04 – Israa Al Ahmadi

Hi everyone! I'm from Qatar. Nice to meet you. It's my first time studying online. I hope to learn a lot from the course and from all of you!

9 Sep, 15:04 – Jonathan Davies

Welcome everyone. I'm Canadian but living in Scotland. The last time I studied anything was forty years ago … I'm a bit nervous! Good luck, everyone!

9 Sep, 11:21 – Le Thi Ha

Hello. I'm so happy to be doing this course. I've finished two other online courses this year so I'm looking forward to my third. I'm from Vietnam by the way. Looking forward to meeting you all!

9 Sep, 10:43 – Carlos Garcia Gonzales

Hi! Looks like I'm the first one here so … hi to everyone who joins the course and nice to meet you! Good luck with the course and see you in the next lesson!

Tips

1. Keep your introduction short and clear.

2. Say hello and give a little bit of information about yourself. Don’t say anything too private or personal.

3. You can say what you hope to get or learn.

4. Wish people good luck.

5. You don’t have to write full sentences.

6. You might use more exclamation marks (!) than in formal writing because it looks friendly.

Do you need to improve your English writing skills?
Join thousands of learners from around the world who are improving their English writing skills with our live online classes and personal tutoring courses.

Submitted by Phan Bao Dung on Mon, 03/08/2020 - 19:44

I like learning online. First of all, it offers an effective method to achieve knowledge in almost every field. Next, I can study at a time that suits my schedule and save traveling time. Then, some online courses are provided with much lower costs and some are even offered for free. Finally, online learning courses are becoming to be more and more popular because of the above advantages.

Submitted by Mai Khin Nway Shein on Tue, 28/07/2020 - 05:18

I like online learning. I have never studying online before. Now I am trying to learn new knowledge from online

Submitted by hana ykt on Wed, 08/07/2020 - 08:33

I prefer studying online to face-to-face lessons. Until now, I did not like online because I was not good at machines. However, my school life has changed completely due to the influence of the coronavirus. It often did not work at first, but I felt it suits me after I get used to it. I can immediately spend my non-class time for myself. Recently, I have been living a meaningful life by such as cleaning my room and training muscles during my breaks. Also, I am weak in the morning, so I am very saved everyday. Since I can not go to school, I have more time to spare. This improve my performance for one day. It is also good to study at my pace. Now I am worried about returning to face-to-face lessons because I am too accustomed to this living. But after all, I would like to meet friends and have a wonderful time. The best thing for me to do is to have face-to-face contact with each day of the week. I would like to do more that I can only do now.

Submitted by Yamamoto Yucca on Wed, 08/07/2020 - 04:31

I like studying online. There are many reasons. One is I can look and watch class materials and on demand class again and again. Some class isn’t leaving the class materials but many classes, I can look again class materials, so I can deepen my understanding. Furthermore, I think It is the best thing about online classes it is I don’t have to go outside. I don’t have to go to school in very hot outside in summer and I always get motion sick to take the train. I don’t want to take the train, but on-line class is don’t have to take the train. Moreover, I don’t have to wake up early. I can sleep long time. If I have overslept, I will make it on time for class. For that reason, I like on-line classes. of course, there many bad things. My house internet connection is not stable, and the sound quality is bad, so it is difficult to understand what teacher said. I often can’t listen that teacher said. In this way there are bad things but if I have to choose which one, I choose online class. Not take long time for commute is attractive.

Submitted by Mohamedakram16 on Tue, 07/07/2020 - 18:23

Actually, we live in the age of technology, so we can find anything we want on the web and I think taking an online courses is more practice than ever, by the way, I have been taking an English courses from different websites these months

Submitted by Ronake on Sun, 05/07/2020 - 22:46

It's so helpful. You can meet people from different countries, exchange your experiences with them, learn about their culture and language. Also learning online, in the team can help you to improve each other the part that you are missing because each of member in the team has different skills, views of point, and experiences.

Submitted by Zin Mar Nyein on Sun, 05/07/2020 - 12:21

Hello Everyone! Nice to meet you all in these course. I am a learner from Myanmar. Looking forward seeing in the next lessons. Good Luck you all.
Profile picture for user Hennadii

Submitted by Hennadii on Mon, 29/06/2020 - 09:25

I like that I can study when it suits me. It could be in the evening when my kid's gone to sleep and don't disturb me or in the morning when I'm still fresh-minded and can do my best. Another good point - I can communicate with people from many countries. It's so cool to read their stories, know that we are very different but still have much in common.

Submitted by Omer_moh on Wed, 24/06/2020 - 20:03

What I like about studying online is saving time because I am not going to anywhere I can do it in my own place.

Submitted by gachatama26 on Tue, 23/06/2020 - 12:19

I think studying online is really wonderful way to learn something. Now, I have been studying all learning online because of Covid-19. And I have been taking online English conversation which talk with Filipino in English for 6 months. For these experiences, I have noticed some attractive points about studying online. At first, I think we can learn and exchange opinions with different people around the world and acquire many knowledges by studying online. For instance, I have learned many things besides English by taking online English conversation such as foreign culture, teacher’s experience and thinking. Studying with people all over the world is like a miracle and really valuable for us. Next, I’m living in Japan and studying English now. So, I didn’t have many opportunities to use English before I started online English conversation. However, I’ve gotten more opportunities to expose English since I began it. Studying online is very useful tool to learn foreign languages. If we do studying online, we can learn efficiently and acquire a lot of things anywhere, anytime, with anyone. And it broadens our world. So, I think we should adopt more and more studying online.

Submitted by Bella on Fri, 19/06/2020 - 17:18

Good morning everyone! I am Bella. This is the first time I take an online course. I hope I can learn a lot and efficacy from this course. Hope to see all of you in the near future. --------------------------------------------- I like studying online because of convenient of online class - Firstly, I can utilize my time by saving transportation time and use it for self-studying - Secondly, in pandemic context, this is the safest way to protect me and my family away from the risk of infection virus or bacteria disease - Lastly, nowadays technology supports for learning online. We can stay at home and connect to the world via the internet and online platforms.

Submitted by Dilnoza Sulaymonova on Fri, 12/06/2020 - 07:55

Hello! I'm Dilnoza from Bukhara,Uzbekistan.I enjoy studying online.Good luck

Submitted by eshan.saif on Fri, 05/06/2020 - 21:19

It is more relaxing to study in online rather than studying in institutions. Online studying saves time while in the institutional study there are many things to worry about transportation which is time-consuming. Besides, another thing I like very much in the online study platform there are several people from different cultures and areas and they can have different thoughts which are very helpful when everyone spreads their ideas and thoughts amongst all others in that same platform.

Submitted by Clarissa on Sat, 23/05/2020 - 12:07

Hi everyone! My name is Clarissa and I'm from the city of Porto, Portugal. I'm very happy to participate of this learning process with you guys. I think learning about internet data in a group setting will be a profit to all of us. I have already so much to share with you and also to ask you. Good luck for everyone! Looking forward to meeting you again, Clarissa

Submitted by Ali07 on Wed, 20/05/2020 - 20:31

There are some reasons to like studing online : 1- Win time that we can spend in traffic. 2- fix the course with tutors according to our schedule. 3- We can feel some freedom to explain our circumstances.

Submitted by ngocnguyen on Mon, 18/05/2020 - 15:20

Hi everyone! I'm Lucy, from Vietnam. nice to meet you. this is the first time i join a online course. i hope to learn a lot from the course and from all of you! good luck. i'm looking forward to studying with you!

Submitted by mouna99 on Sun, 17/05/2020 - 15:04

I enjot studying online, it's a good opportunity to learn new skills, and get interact with many students to share informations

Submitted by Ladan on Fri, 01/05/2020 - 01:52

Hi everyone. I am Iranian but I am living England. I am a bit nervous because it’s first time I want to study online course. I hope to learn lot of course and all of you.
Profile picture for user jennieyoung

Submitted by jennieyoung on Mon, 20/04/2020 - 12:02

Hi! I'm Jennie, from Japan. Glad to meet you. It's my first time I'm studying an online course. I hope I will learn a lot from this course and all of you. Good luck with the course and see you in the next lesson.

Submitted by Daudau0601 on Sat, 18/04/2020 - 05:05

I quite like studying online course because it's flexible and convenient for me. I can learn anytime and anywhere whenever i have free time , i don't need to go to the English center, it's far from me. Moreover i can also interact with many friends around the world and learn from them useful things, it's so amazing! For example, i really like this course, it's not only free but also has full skills and excited test for me to improve English skill . Many thanks

Submitted by FRANCY JACQUEL… on Wed, 15/04/2020 - 20:52

In this moment study on line English, by the corona virus , my schooll it is closed
Profile picture for user Sergei Baskakov

Submitted by Sergei Baskakov on Thu, 09/04/2020 - 12:23

I like online courses because I don't have to go somewhere and spend my time in traffic. I can also meet other people from other countries, so it's amazing!
Profile picture for user OlaIELTS

Submitted by OlaIELTS on Wed, 01/04/2020 - 15:49

What I like about studying online is that its allows ease of time and convenient time for learning.

Submitted by rivercountryside on Wed, 11/03/2020 - 06:39

I think I like the course online because I can study anyplace and anytime.
Profile picture for user Magedelabd

Submitted by Magedelabd on Wed, 19/02/2020 - 05:41

What I like about studying on line that you not limited by time or place so you can arrange all of that according to my circumstances.

Submitted by Stela Stoycheva on Mon, 17/02/2020 - 11:50

I never learning online, I watching online video lesson, listen online... but never learn in that way. But I want to try if it`s not so expensive.

Submitted by Vidyasagar on Tue, 11/02/2020 - 09:39

These courses are good. It's a good opportunity to interact with so many students across the globe. It is flexible and convenient because I can learn whenever i have free time. They are interactive. More interactive when it comes to writing, but less when it comes to speaking. Please make more courses about speaking also.

Hello Vidyasagar

Thanks for your feedback. I wanted to let you know that we are working on some new Speaking skills pages. I'm afraid it will be several months before they are ready, but please do keep an eye out for them in the future.

All the best

Submitted by shahhoseini on Wed, 01/01/2020 - 13:53

The online course is better for the persons that are not enough time to go to the class.

Submitted by Dariusz on Wed, 13/11/2019 - 14:04

I would like to studying online. all way to practise new skills are good. it's a good and quickly way to learn anything what do you want.

Submitted by Daniela Rodríguez on Tue, 22/10/2019 - 20:37

Hello!!! I am Daniela Rodríguez, student of English in Universidad Nacional de Cuyo. I like read yours comments!!

Submitted by Ola Jamal on Tue, 24/09/2019 - 19:23

I like online courses because it is flexible, so I can get lessons whenever I have time. And I can take courses that are not available in my country. Also in online courses there are people from different countries and backgrounds which really enriching the feedback for most online-course students.

Submitted by aliyazdan on Wed, 18/09/2019 - 19:31

Hello evryone. I 'm intrested in learning English online, I hope to learn English more. gool luck, The LearnEnglish Team and evryone that come here to learn Eglish!

Submitted by Mahfuzur Rahman on Wed, 11/09/2019 - 17:58

I like studying online because It's on my time. But the British council doesn't take it very engaging because they didn't provide suggestions or correct the mistake in the comment section. So, I don't feel any motivation to give comments.

Hello Mahfuzur Rahman

We would love to be able to provide feedback for our users, but I'm afraid that we just have the resources to be able to offer such a service for free. Please know that we're happy to help with short, specific questions about anything on any of our pages, so if you ever such a question, please do ask it here.

You might also want to consider checking out our Online English courses.

All the best

Submitted by cittàutopica on Sun, 11/08/2019 - 19:43

I like studying online because I can choose the time for my lessons, without limits.

Submitted by shalliirda on Mon, 05/08/2019 - 16:45

hi guys! my name is shalli and im so happy to be a part of this online english course. the task, explanations, and learning metods are very good. hope you guys english skills will be improve.
Profile picture for user TP

Submitted by TP on Sun, 04/08/2019 - 04:38

Hi friends! I think studying online gives you several benefits. Firstly, time is so flexible and you can study whenever it is possible. No matter wherever you are, you can get the most updated education. It is so important for developing nations as they have limited access to high quality education at face-to-face classes. On the other hand, you can join the international community and share your ideas and experience.
Profile picture for user randyjay

Submitted by randyjay on Sun, 04/08/2019 - 04:31

Hello everyone, nice to meet you all.Wish you do this online course very well Good luck !!
Profile picture for user teddysl

Submitted by teddysl on Sun, 04/08/2019 - 04:31

i think online learning is the best because it's flexible!
Profile picture for user randyjay

Submitted by randyjay on Sun, 04/08/2019 - 04:29

Its save money and time.and we can do exercise anytime we want

Submitted by Santika on Fri, 02/08/2019 - 11:44

What I like about studying online is flexible time and place to learn.

Submitted by hunterhugo on Mon, 29/07/2019 - 14:48

Hi everyone! Nice to meet you. I'm so happy to be doing this course. Good luck, Everyone!

Submitted by Mairo on Mon, 29/07/2019 - 14:26

Hello everyone!! My name is Paul and I'm very happy to be part of this website, and I looking foward to learn more with you guys :D!!!

Submitted by icaromiranda on Mon, 29/07/2019 - 14:25

Hello everyone, my name is Icaro and i'm very happy with this task and learning method ,pretty good
Profile picture for user iEdd

Submitted by iEdd on Thu, 11/07/2019 - 14:34

I enjoy sharing with people around the world, so be it this way. Doing thing at my rythim and my time, and there's a lot of information that I can use.

Submitted by chris-kutte on Wed, 10/07/2019 - 21:43

I like to self-study online because I safe a lot of money and time. And I can learn whenever and wherever I want.

Submitted by Cho on Sat, 06/07/2019 - 16:32

Hi everyone! Nice to meet you. I'm so happy to be doing this course. Good luck,every one!

Submitted by Rodomi on Thu, 04/07/2019 - 16:29

I like to study on the computer. I do not live in an English-speaking country. I do not know anyone who speaks English. On the computer, I study when I want, in the morning or at night. On the computer, I like to use listening and writing web site. I like to learn English online.

Submitted by Wykies Dang on Mon, 01/07/2019 - 15:03

Hello everyone, I'm a learner English from Vietnam. I want to communicate by English confidently. Good luck and see all you again in the next lesson!