A noticeboard message

Learn how to write a noticeboard message.

Reading text

Looking for a housemate

Single ensuite room available in our lovely three-bedroom house in Didsbury. Five-minute walk from city centre. Move in from 1 June. Shared kitchen and living room with two female housemates, no parking, £600 a month excluding bills. No pets. Contact 07890 123456 for viewing.

Tips

1. Write the main title or idea bigger to catch people's attention.

2. Keep the message short, with only the most important information.

3. Don't put your address on it!

Do you need to improve your English writing skills?
Join thousands of learners from around the world who are improving their English writing skills with our live online classes and personal tutoring courses.

A1 English level (elementary)

Submitted by Babydoll on Mon, 12/10/2020 - 22:31

I prefer to live in a share house with my family or someone actually I know, because it’s easy to afford this way and also I don’t feel lonely ☺️

Submitted by Passant on Thu, 08/10/2020 - 01:38

If I live far from my family so, I prefer to live a lone . The only case for me to resort to sharing a house with someone that I do not know ,if I found it coast me a lot for leaving alone and there’s no people I know to share a house with. Also my condition is to have an ensuite room .

Submitted by Cris.2023 on Tue, 06/10/2020 - 22:09

The true is that I prefer live alone, maybe with my partner but never with someone that I don't know, because I saw a lot of movies where the roomie is a bad person, so i don't think to live with someone that I dont trust.

Submitted by Moon Wathan on Tue, 06/10/2020 - 11:05

I don't want to share anyone. I want to live alone. If they don't get any room, I share at this time.

Submitted by habibao.medo on Tue, 06/10/2020 - 09:42

i prefer to live with housemates if i know them like they are my friends or something , but if i don't i prefer to live a lone

Submitted by SALA on Thu, 01/10/2020 - 14:30

I prefer to live alone because I think that sharing with someone means adjusting to their lifestyle and sometimes it's hard to find the right partner.

Submitted by joselo on Tue, 29/09/2020 - 02:36

In my opinion, sharing a house can be a good idea if you are looking for saving some money and the fact of losing your privacy doesn´t bother you. On the other hand, I prefer living alone as long as I can financially support it.

Submitted by Yonas Tesfamichael on Sun, 13/09/2020 - 13:41

TBH if I were a single, I prefer living with housemate/s , because there's lots of benefit.

Submitted by yeisy12 on Fri, 11/09/2020 - 17:14

I prefer to live alone because you have your privacy but when you move a big cities, it prefers to live with housemates because you spend less.

Submitted by mauld on Thu, 10/09/2020 - 14:32

I prefer share a house because I'll reducer rent for an apartment. If I'm sick, they'll take care me. This's help me more fine and safe.
Profile picture for user anguiluciana

Submitted by anguiluciana on Tue, 08/09/2020 - 00:36

I would prefer to live alone, but sometimes is difficult and expensive mainly in big cities so in this case it's okay for me to share a house. When I move to work in the city center, I usually rent a room in a house with share kitchen and living room. I like it...

Submitted by Hayatsalem on Mon, 31/08/2020 - 07:43

I prefer to live alone. But sometimes it's financially impossible to do so especially in big cities, that's when sharing comes handy and save us a lot of cash.
Profile picture for user Ashiq Sourov

Submitted by Ashiq Sourov on Wed, 26/08/2020 - 09:32

It depends, I prefer to live alone and have my own house. It would be much expensive. It is pretty good to share house if anyone single and college student. It is best suited for college students because it's much cheaper.

Submitted by Haidar Maula on Mon, 24/08/2020 - 09:54

It depends, I prefer to live alone and have my own house, but it'd be much expensive. Sharing a house is pretty good if I’m looking for a better price, and also I’m a college student, so it suits me better because it’s much cheaper.

Submitted by Carlos Cabrera on Wed, 12/08/2020 - 00:33

I prefer living a long when you're young a single.

Submitted by Maria19 on Thu, 06/08/2020 - 15:33

I prefer to live alone. For me it is important to have the order and design that I love and that I will be the landlady in the apartment I live in.

Submitted by OlaFlower on Tue, 04/08/2020 - 14:07

In my opinion sharing house and living alone have got own advantages. Living with housemates is never boring and always is cheaper :) Living alone gives you a guarantee for a clean bathroom and a full fridge :)

Submitted by shironeiko on Tue, 04/08/2020 - 13:04

I prefer to live alone so I can lead my own life without any distraction. I still meet my friends sometimes

Submitted by MammadovAnar on Mon, 03/08/2020 - 15:29

I would rather live alone or with my family in my country. If I would have a chance to live abroad, I could share my house with a foreign person. In this way, I can learn new things from him/her, for example, culture, language, or other things.

Submitted by Venus on Mon, 03/08/2020 - 06:19

Sharing a house is a super rare option in our country as there aren't many migrants, unlike the industrialized countries. Given that, I am always looking forward to get a housemate thinking it will be a new and challenging experience.

Submitted by Phan Bao Dung on Sun, 02/08/2020 - 17:34

I prefer to live alone because I can do things but not disturb others like loudly listening to music or playing the instrument.

Submitted by Andrea Hernandez on Fri, 31/07/2020 - 19:06

I prefer both options, but it depends on different things. For example, if you have a funny, kind, and clean housemate share a house can be a good option and cheaper. However, if your housemate is not a good person is better to live alone. Both options are good and bad things.

Submitted by Bieltan on Thu, 30/07/2020 - 11:41

I prefer to live alone despite it's boring, but more conveniently!
Profile picture for user EWS

Submitted by EWS on Thu, 30/07/2020 - 03:20

I prefer live alone, that is comfortable for me.

Submitted by Mai Khin Nway Shein on Sun, 26/07/2020 - 17:39

I am living with a roommate now, it is okay for me cause we are staying like sisters, cooking and eating together. I think it would inconvenience if my roommate changed.

Submitted by BIraqi on Wed, 22/07/2020 - 13:02

Of course, i prefer living alone, but if that a person is nice, do not mined.

Submitted by Sharon Torres on Tue, 21/07/2020 - 02:52

I rather live alone due to privacy. Even though could be nice to meet new people and share funny-time with someone different but not yourself, i think i could be also kind of stress and more if they are all adults. In my point of view, unless they were part of your family i coudnt work. Therefore i prefer to live alone.

Submitted by Miri85 on Mon, 20/07/2020 - 12:08

I have never shared a house but I think that can be nice if it is with the right people. You can socialize with your housemates and share the housework and you can have your own privacy in your bedroom.

Submitted by Kaique25 on Sun, 19/07/2020 - 14:55

I prefer to live alone, because of my privacy.

Submitted by Ibrahimctg on Sat, 18/07/2020 - 06:59

I am living at a sharing room in Riyadh. Most of the foreign workers here living at sharing house

Submitted by Today is Winda on Mon, 06/07/2020 - 16:45

I prefer to live alone cause i can give myself more time to relax without anything to disturbing me.
Profile picture for user Red Sus

Submitted by Red Sus on Sat, 04/07/2020 - 16:33

I prefer to live alone because I just want to have a very personal place to rest in the end of the day.

Submitted by fatfat on Fri, 03/07/2020 - 12:49

hi, I previosly shared my home with housemate because of I had not enough money but I would prefer to live alone. I am married now and I have a housemate again :)

Submitted by Ronake on Wed, 01/07/2020 - 14:28

When I was a student I preferred to share a house with other housemates, because that reduced my expenses. We shared the bills and rent. I had a single room, but I had to share the bathroom, living room, kitchen with three other girls. Sometimes is difficult to organize and put rules when you are living with people, that aren't your family. Because they way of living is different. Sometimes the girls were noisy and made our apartment mess. But there were moments when we prepared the dinner together, help each other with assignments, and watched movies together. Today that I have a job, I prefer to live alone or with my sister.

Submitted by walotaibi on Mon, 29/06/2020 - 17:09

I prefer to live alone without sharing my home with strange people. I like to keep my privacy. When I accept a girl to live with me and shares me my home and my kitchen, here I destroy my privacy. So, l prefer to live alone and pay my bill alone also.
Profile picture for user Hennadii

Submitted by Hennadii on Sat, 27/06/2020 - 17:12

Sometimes I prefer to live alone. To do what I want to do. Watch movies or sports on TV, read books in silence or even play computer games. But I don't know where to send my family ))

Submitted by Sushmita Verma on Fri, 26/06/2020 - 14:55

I prefer to live in a shared accomodtion with a single room. I this caters to both my mood of solitude and company. Also shared accomodation helps on cutting down living expenses and ensures better security.

Submitted by Omer_moh on Mon, 22/06/2020 - 21:27

In my culture people live together and that cause some problems. One of this problems is lack of privacy and that effect on a person daily activity so you would find a people cannot perform the things that they want at the time that the want for instance some people loves playing guitar at night and others love to sleep early. The second problem is shearing duties like cleaning the shared area. Not all of the people know how to collaborate well. Pearsonaly I prefer to live alone for the reasons that I have mentioned before.

Submitted by Mohmansuur on Sun, 21/06/2020 - 13:25

well, in my experience I prefer to live someone because living alone is not good something may happen or if there are some emergency cases you need help, but I live with my wife and everything is better.

Submitted by Alaaseada on Sun, 21/06/2020 - 08:00

I prefer to live alone over having housemates because privacy is a priority for me. Moreover, I am not that kind of person who can make friends easily, I am introvert to a great extent, which makes it hard for me to adapt with being surrounded by people the whole day.
IKR? If you are like me, you will probably feel exhausted by being surrounded by others for too long. And the only way to relieve stress is to be alone, just by yourself.
Profile picture for user Basar Huzni

Submitted by Basar Huzni on Thu, 18/06/2020 - 11:41

Hello, everyone. I wanna live with my family especially my wife. But if I wanna visit the other country for studying or anything, I prefer to share a house just with my friends if not I prefer to lives alone.

Submitted by nivas on Sun, 14/06/2020 - 01:11

It is not easy to answer this question, because there are times when I prefer to live alone and others when I prefer to share with someone else. There are advantages to living alone, as my privacy is maintained and there is no risk of living with unpolite people. However, when we find a friend to share with our, life became lot of fun.

Submitted by Laila Mutiara … on Fri, 05/06/2020 - 04:28

i prefer to share a house.

Submitted by hana ykt on Wed, 03/06/2020 - 10:37

I prefer to share a house. But there are conditions. Good friends with me and not living one person and me. friends. First of all, if not good friends, I think everyone will be tough. House is rest place for me, so I don't want to be concerned about housemates in here. I'll not get tired long time. In addition, I need two or three people. Because I'm not good at being with the same person all the time and need also time to be alone. I don't want to lose alone time because I like the time since I was little. The more people we have, the less I have to worry about being alone of housemate. Share house can share housework ,divide rent and when I want to talk, good friends are nearby. I'm really longing for it. Living alone is good too, but more than that I hate loneliness. I became clear that I am selfish. Nevertheless I want to try it someday.
Profile picture for user lsrafael

Submitted by lsrafael on Wed, 03/06/2020 - 00:23

I prefer to live alone in my apartment, but sometimes receive some friends.

Submitted by eshan.saif on Mon, 01/06/2020 - 20:51

Another thing needs to keep in mind, sharing a single ensuite room with a bathroom is sometimes irritating.