A flyer for a gym

Read a flyer promoting a new gym to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

Best Body Fitness

About us

You don't want just a gym membership. You want a membership that means something. And that means you need support, expert help and a community.

Best Body Fitness isn't just a gym: it's a full-service fitness membership made for you.

Here's how it works:

STEP ONE: Your assessment

We begin with an assessment session. This is a chance for you to see what we do at Best Body. Our assessment plans are no-cost and no-risk. We'll also make a training plan specifically for you.

STEP TWO: Your training

When you decide to become a Best Body member, we show you what to do, how to do it and why you are doing it. After a few sessions with an expert private trainer you will feel comfortable working out on your own. But don't worry, we'll always be nearby if you have questions.

STEP THREE: Your membership

Membership works on a month-to-month basis. There are no sign-up fees and no cancellation fees. Start and stop whenever you want. And the best part? Our fees are the most competitive in the whole downtown area.

STEP FOUR: Your community

At Best Body Fitness, we see everyone as part of a big team. And when you work with a team, you can do great things. Join any of our specialised classes, led by expert instructors. Come to our nutrition classes. Participate in our regular social events. Everything is included in your fee.

Finally, we wanted to share with you some reasons why our members say that they have chosen us over any other fitness centre in the city.

It's so EASY

• Easy to start, stop, cancel or refund a membership
  • Easy to access – we're open 24/7, we never close
  • Easy to do exercise – we have lots of equipment, no long wait
  • Easy results – our trainers and equipment give you success, fast
  • Easy to find – in the centre of town, near public transport and with parking

It's WONDERFUL

• Wonderful members
  • Wonderful trainers and staff
  • Wonderful equipment
  • Wonderful energy
  • Wonderful location

Come and visit us for a personal tour!

Do you need to improve your English reading skills?

B1 English level (intermediate)

Submitted by Mirei Honda on Mon, 03/08/2020 - 02:19

I've been going to my first gym with my mother for a few months now. Because there was a gym near my house. At first, I didn't understand how to use the machine at all, and I was always taught by an instructor. Now I'm used to it and am enjoying my gym with my mother. So I think that what is most needed at the gym is the presence of instructors and colleagues who can consult. Without them, it would be difficult and very difficult to keep going to the gym.

Submitted by Anna Nakamura on Sun, 02/08/2020 - 17:34

The most i would like is professional advice from instructor. I never been to the gym. I don't like to exercise. But I think I have to exercise these days. Now, in this situation, We have fewer opportunities to exercise because of staying home. To my health, I decided to exercise. But I don't know how to do that or what should I do. So I want instructor to teach me how to exercise professionally. So if I go to gym, I would like to tell me advices about exercise.

Submitted by Akemi Matsumoto on Sun, 02/08/2020 - 16:04

First of all, I would like to have a private trainer because I am so bad using my body to stretch or doing any sport. So, for me, it is indispensable a private trainer not to get hurt. Also, I would like that a gym has secure training machines. In other words, I give top priority to safety.

Submitted by Natsumi Tamura on Sun, 02/08/2020 - 14:10

I've never been to a gym, but I like exercising, so I want to go to a gym someday. Especially, I want to do yoga because it can be done in a relaxed way, it has a positive effect on my body and mind. Recently, it seems that there is also training to ride a bicycle underwater. It looks so interesting that I would like to try it someday.

Submitted by Machida on Sun, 02/08/2020 - 12:16

I have never been to a gym, but I want to go. I think I'm lacking exercise recently. If I go to there, I want to use running machine. With this I can run even on a rainy day. And I want to take dance lesson. Dancing is fun and relieves stress.

Submitted by Shoma Tateishi on Sat, 01/08/2020 - 14:08

I have never been to the gym. So I'm not sure what kind of facility gym is. If I go to the gym, I want a shower room. I have two reasons for this thinking. First, I can heal my body after getting tired. After intense exercise, my body becomes very tired. In addition, I can clean my body on the spot so that I can return home comfortably. Second, Showers are available at relatively low rates. Some people use the pool, but I think it's easy to get a shower. Also, because it is a private room, I can spend comfortably.

Submitted by mariaptis on Sat, 01/08/2020 - 13:37

I'd love a gym where intimacy is respected. I'm quite introverted but I feel good when I do some yoga or dance classes, so I love it when instructors are respectful and give you your times. Also, I love a nice pool at the gyms because I love swimming.

Submitted by Kaho Dokko on Sat, 01/08/2020 - 03:00

If I entrance to a gym, it's good to have boxer size and dance lessons. I can enjoy exercising with these two. I think I can do my best even if it's hard because of the music. Also, I work out with many members, so I think we can deepen our relationship through lessons. However, when I want to exercise alone at my own pace, I want to use the pool. I have taken swimming lessons. If you don't swim early, you don't get so tired. And you can build a flexible body.

Submitted by Meiry Mella on Fri, 31/07/2020 - 17:20

I go to the gym twice a week, and I really like it. It makes me feel healtier. I also practice yoga at home, and I intend to start running this weekend.

Submitted by Nobu1230 on Thu, 30/07/2020 - 12:53

What I like most in the gim is a bunch of equipment.I can plan to exercise and cotrol my bodycodition on my own,so I need not to be support by trainer. On the other hand,If I try all training in my house,There are not enough equipment.That's why I think The most important thing in the gim is a bunch of equipment.

Submitted by Noyama Juri on Wed, 29/07/2020 - 04:16

I have never been to gym. but I really want to go.Because I love to exercise. I think the most important thing at the gym is the compatibility with the trainer. because human relations are important in everything. I think it depends on the compatibility with the trainer. Also, I like swimming so I like a gym where I can swim.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Sun, 26/07/2020 - 13:19

I used to go to a gym just because I wanted to keep fit with instructors. I enjoyed a lot. But things changed due to COVID-19. ;|

Submitted by Tsuyoshi watanabe on Sun, 26/07/2020 - 07:11

I think the most important thing in the gym is the environment in which people interact. This is because it is difficult to continue exercising alone, and I think it will be easier to continue exercising if it has an environment where we can interact with other people and be stimulated. For example, the environment at this gym is each classes and training expert. In class, we can have fun training together by making friends to exercise, and we can be stimulated by seeing others as rivals. If it has experts, we can exercise with confidence because they provide peace of mind.

Submitted by Maiko Tanzawa on Sat, 25/07/2020 - 10:53

I've never been to a gym so I can't really imagine what I'm like, but I don't like exercising, running or getting tired, so I think it's best to have a pace and a program that suits me, not strictly. .. Also, if the instructor is a kind and friendly person, I think that I can do my best without skipping it, so I would like to ask someone who suits me. And I think it's important for me to be easy to go because I'm tired of going if I'm not near my house.

Submitted by fukuzawa on Sat, 25/07/2020 - 09:43

What I want most in the gym is the shower room. Because I want to clean my body after sweating.The gym in my town has a pool, but I also want a shower room for those who don't enter the pool.

Submitted by Saria Muraoka on Thu, 23/07/2020 - 23:13

I have never gone to a gym. But I thought I'd like to go. I have been to a swimming pool. If I go to a gym, I want there has a pool. I like sports very much. So when I can play sports, it's best. Recently, more and more gyms are available for swimming and sports. I want to go to a gym with such a service. I think there is a running machine in the gym. I like to run, so I want to use it. When I go to the gym, it's important to search to find best one.

Submitted by tomoka on Mon, 20/07/2020 - 19:07

I have never gone to a gym since I was born.So, I don't know exactly how a gym like it. But I have the impression that a gym is so good place. For example, I hear training our bodies make our minds be comfortable. In fact, I also felt like it. Therefore I believe we can feel more comfortable than before by doing it. Furthermore, I also hear some people go to gym after they finish working. The reason why is that by running or training in there, they can reduce stress. It is so good thing. Of course, it is so important for our health to train our bodies. So, I would like that we can feel comfortable in a gym.

Submitted by R on Mon, 20/07/2020 - 16:35

I have never been to the gym. I will write the sentence assuming I am going to the gym. I think that what I most want from a gym is the wide variety and amount of equipment. These are important points because I pay the gym. I don't want to wait for someone to finish using the machine. I think it's a waste of time to wait. So I want the gym to have a lot of machines. Also, since I am going to the gym, I want to use an unusual machine that is only available in the gym. For these reasons, I value two things.

Submitted by NANAKA on Mon, 20/07/2020 - 08:57

I have never gone to a gym. I used to exercise like swimming, but I'm not doing anything these days. Because of desk work, I don't normally exercise very much, but when I do it, it feels good to move my body. I hear that working out makes you confident and feel more positive. I'm a little interested in that. Everyone say, it works more directly to the muscle when they use a machine than when they do it .

Submitted by Yonemura Tomoya on Mon, 20/07/2020 - 07:57

I wish that there is a treadmill in a gym. I had been to a local gym for a year when I was second year student at a high school. There are various equipment. I used to use treadmill because I wanted physical fitness. I think physical fitness is fundamental to improve athletic ability. I became university student three months ago, so I have little opportunity to exercise. If I start going a gym, I want to use treadmill.

Submitted by Yuri Chida on Mon, 20/07/2020 - 07:32

Firstly, I have never been to a gym. However, if I go to a gym, I would like a gym which has a lot of equipment such as treadmill and bench press. Also, I would like many activities. I would like to play sports for example, soccer, basketball, tennis, and running. I would like to exercise while having fun. Secondly, I think it is good to make a training plan specifically for me because I can progress at my own pace. Thirdly, a membership fee is important. I don’t know how much money that costs but I would the cheaper one.

Submitted by CAU Franzoia on Mon, 13/07/2020 - 23:21

Firstly, I am not an active person in gym because I prefer play tennis or soccer instead. However, to my mind one of the most important thing I considerate when I go to the gym is the fact to be able to communicate with the people in there. This situation push my friends and many people I know to go at the gym everytime they have time to do it. In conclusion, be speakable while you are doing your work out schedule is so helpful for everyone who are seeking keep constantly at the GYM

Submitted by Matveeva Masha on Mon, 13/07/2020 - 10:29

i recent join to the gym. i think, the gym have got advantage and disadvantage. i would like most in a gym is a lot of equipment. with a lot of equipment you can do many different exercises . also, in the gym, you do exercises by led a instructor. but there are a lot of people in the gym, it is not so comfortable.

Submitted by Jaxhits29 on Fri, 10/07/2020 - 17:36

I was in a gym but the instructor made me do an exercise that I can't do, so I like to do in my house my exercise.

Submitted by Sanjeetpal Singh on Tue, 07/07/2020 - 21:23

I recently joined a gym. The gym is around the corner to my house and easy excess. It's not a huge gym with cutting edge technology, but it is small and quiet with limited equipment. And this is what I like about this gym because it's not a very modern gym, no one likes to come here and it's very quiet and peaceful to do the workout. another thing I like about this gym is its staff, they always try to help you and greet you with smile. overall. I am enjoying my gym sessions in this gym.

Submitted by Hamedmed on Sat, 04/07/2020 - 14:07

I haven't been at gym but I prefer running than anything else I usually run a lot of kilometres daily

Submitted by Risa on Mon, 29/06/2020 - 08:46

I like treadmill the most in the gym. I have not been to the gym too much, but I always use this machine when I go there. I belonged to the track and field club during junior high and high school. So, I like running. Muscle is important for sprinter. I’m a muscular cause by this reason. In now cardio exercise is important for me. This exercise meaning long term exercise. For example, marathon, jogging and walking. This exercise effect is fat-burning, recovery from fatigue and flow acceleration. So, I try to do this exercise always. But these days Japan is rainy season. I recently doing this exercise in my house, I try to do my best.

Submitted by Jas Mak on Wed, 24/06/2020 - 08:49

Physical fitness is very important in this fast paced world. Gym plays an important role in keeping us fit. There are number of activities which we can do to stay fit but aerobics is my favorite. Your body gets fully stretched and flexible just doing aerobics for 30 min. Beacuse of the music, It also impacts your mind in a positive way. Let's dance and stay fit.

Submitted by Camillano67 on Thu, 18/06/2020 - 20:49

Recently I subscribed to a gym, but because the pandemic, the gym closes the doors. Currently, I work out in my own house, and is interesting and relaxing at this time. But really miss trained in a gym.

Submitted by tchok on Tue, 16/06/2020 - 21:02

Unfortunately, I never went to the gym. I actually do not know why but I think it is probably due to the cost and the schedule. I have no car so I cannot go to the gym then go to work or make a stop to the gym after work before coming home. I should change my mind and consider at least three training at the gym per week because it is mandatory to do some exercise if you want to be healthy.

Submitted by IBRAHIM HAMID on Mon, 15/06/2020 - 14:49

I joined a gym club about seven years ago, I would like the running instruments, it's comfortable and useful. after that I practiced walking exercise and running sometimes, now with Coved19 lockdown I practice exercises at home with my family.

Submitted by SamerTJ on Wed, 10/06/2020 - 07:59

I don't like going to the gym, I've tried it once but I hated it. I feel so bored doing the same things again and again, it is an awful routine. You can be healthy by doing some interesting exercises and sports and following a healthy regimen. I don't know why men want to build big muscles and women want to have actresses' body shape. They spend most of their time reshaping their body in spit of reshaping their souls and thoughts by reading and doing good things.

Submitted by Sharif Tayyebi on Tue, 09/06/2020 - 18:40

In this case, I have never gone into a gym; therefore, I don't have special information about a gym, its equipments, activities and so on. By studying above, I think there are something important things which can help everybody to success fast. The assessment session, plans for training, private instructors, having flexible time, lower cost, starting and cancelling without any charges and so on are the tips that I think are very important. Regards,
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Mon, 08/06/2020 - 13:50

Unfortunately, I stopped going to a gym during a quarantine. I'm trying to exercise without machines.

Submitted by Riko on Mon, 08/06/2020 - 05:59

When I was a high school student, I used to go to the gym in a local community center with my friend. Especially, I like running machine because I can run at my own pace while listening to music. When I feel tired, I can rest and talk with people who have same goal. It is a good point of gym. Training is a little hard, but the time spent with people who are training hard bring us a positive emotional effect.

Submitted by ryota on Mon, 08/06/2020 - 05:07

I haven't gone to gym before.If I went to gym, I would try many training equipments. But, gyms in my city are expensive and close at fixed time. So, I want the gym to open 24 hours a day and reduce the cost. I am a college student. college students are very busy to do a lot of things. For example, take classes, work a part-time-job, do the homework and so on. And college students have a little money. I think if these are realized, we can go to the gym anytime we want and reduce the burden of life. And it's easier for college students like me to use the gym.

Submitted by naru on Mon, 08/06/2020 - 02:06

I have never gone to a gym before, So I have no idea about gym. I actually want to go to a gym. But I have some imege it cost a lot. And it might be hard to go to a gym for undergraduate like me. Anyway I think it's most important thing is to keep going on a diet than quality of training, wonderful equipment or Wonderful trainers and staff. So I want to go to a gym without worrying about the cost. If i couldn't make results, I think I going to to really regret having wasted my money. That's why I would focus on cheapness.

Submitted by GretaB on Sun, 07/06/2020 - 14:35

I like to go to the gym, because there are a lot of possibilities to move. If we want to be healthy, it's good to have sport in a gym. I like many sessions, because I have the chance to know new people there. My favourite session is yoga.

Submitted by antinaoki on Sun, 07/06/2020 - 07:05

if i started to go to gym ill definietly love the kind of gym that we can not only do the bodybuilding stuff,but also the kind of gym that have a in door footbal pitch because i used to love playing football and i havent played football in 2years. and also the air circulation is one of the important thing for me. i hate to do push ups or weightlifting in a room that running ac on.it will make me fell unconfourtbal because of the cold air from the ac is just unconfortbal. a gym should not run ac but only fans ,the air circulation inthe room must be natural in my opinion.

Submitted by Havan saberi on Wed, 03/06/2020 - 23:12

Although I do not practice a lot at the gym, the most thing I like in it is the specialized classes such as the balance and the yoga classes.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Sun, 31/05/2020 - 10:20

New gyms opened one from another last year because people cared much about health-conscious. This year, gyms are closed due to the same reason.

Submitted by Y on Sun, 31/05/2020 - 06:49

I have never been to gym before, so I do not know what equipment or services there are. I think it important things at the gym. First, there are instructors. We do not know what to do the first, when we want to train our body. So, if we have our own instructors, l ask them what to do and I learn how to exercise. Second, The gym opens 24 hours a days, 7 days a week. If we have a lot of task at our company or take care of our children, we don’t have enough time to go gym. Even if we go to the gym. But, it never close, we go to anytime we want to go. These things is important. In addition, I want the gym to have a system where I can play my favorite music.Music makes me happy or relaxing. It also leads to my motivation and self-confidence. I want to go to the gym through this passage.

Submitted by wido on Thu, 28/05/2020 - 23:57

The most thing I like in the gym is doing exercises on the walking machine and playing Zumba.

Submitted by Htet Min Khant… on Thu, 28/05/2020 - 10:12

I've worked out such kind of gym as the flyer said. I got many advantages not only for my fitness but also for my mental desire. Every time I've done exercises in the gym, I feel refresh and have a sharp mindset to face tomorrow greatly. So, based on my experience, I want to suggest to you that if you have a chance to join a gym, grab your chance quickly. But you need to choose the perspective gym properly.

Submitted by syah on Thu, 28/05/2020 - 07:42

I have never gone to any gym before. So, I don't really know what I would like to do in the gym. I think the gym is good place to train ourself with very good atmosphere. And it also can make us healthier and stronger. If I go to do training myself it is so bored. Then, in the gym I can make a lot of friends and train together. I hope I could go to the gym someday.

Submitted by mouna99 on Wed, 27/05/2020 - 18:13

I have attented a gym for a month and it was quite well, especially Zumba was my favourite session, it really helps in getting rid of negativ energy

Submitted by Osuke on Mon, 25/05/2020 - 12:42

I haven’t been to the gym yet, so I’d like to go. I think it’s attractive to be able to train in the rain without worrying about the weather at the gym. And it’s good thing to be able to ask the instructor when I need advice on training. Some gyms have personal training gyms that provide one-on-one instruction, so I’m curious. Also running with listening to music outside is dangerous, but at the gym, I can do that without worrying about it. In this way, there are so many benefits in the gym, so I would like to go someday.

Submitted by yusuke on Mon, 25/05/2020 - 10:53

I have never gone to a gym before. So, I have no idea about a gym. If I'm about to go to a gym, I would hope to focus on training. A little talking is OK, but I wish them just being on a training . And I don't care whether a instructor be with me. what would I like most is atmosphere that makes positive mood.

Submitted by Nanami on Mon, 25/05/2020 - 10:24

I do little exercise, so I would like to join as a membership of this gym in order to move the body lightly. It is difficult for students who have many classes to go to the gyms. Because nowadays there are many gyms where we have to pay sign-up fees or cancellation fees. But the best thing about here is that there are no these fees. And it is operated seven days a week, so they can use free time to drop in the gym. For these reasons, I want to be a member of this gym. I have the expert make my training plan, I want to build up and refresh here.

Submitted by yusuke on Mon, 25/05/2020 - 10:18

I have never gone to a gym before.