A noticeboard message

Learn how to write a noticeboard message.

Reading text

Looking for a housemate

Single ensuite room available in our lovely three-bedroom house in Didsbury. Five-minute walk from city centre. Move in from 1 June. Shared kitchen and living room with two female housemates, no parking, £600 a month excluding bills. No pets. Contact 07890 123456 for viewing.

Tips

1. Write the main title or idea bigger to catch people's attention.

2. Keep the message short, with only the most important information.

3. Don't put your address on it!

Do you need to improve your English writing skills?
Join thousands of learners from around the world who are improving their English writing skills with our live online classes and personal tutoring courses.

Submitted by shironeiko on Tue, 04/08/2020 - 13:04

I prefer to live alone so I can lead my own life without any distraction. I still meet my friends sometimes

Submitted by MammadovAnar on Mon, 03/08/2020 - 15:29

I would rather live alone or with my family in my country. If I would have a chance to live abroad, I could share my house with a foreign person. In this way, I can learn new things from him/her, for example, culture, language, or other things.

Submitted by Venus on Mon, 03/08/2020 - 06:19

Sharing a house is a super rare option in our country as there aren't many migrants, unlike the industrialized countries. Given that, I am always looking forward to get a housemate thinking it will be a new and challenging experience.

Submitted by Phan Bao Dung on Sun, 02/08/2020 - 17:34

I prefer to live alone because I can do things but not disturb others like loudly listening to music or playing the instrument.

Submitted by Andrea Hernandez on Fri, 31/07/2020 - 19:06

I prefer both options, but it depends on different things. For example, if you have a funny, kind, and clean housemate share a house can be a good option and cheaper. However, if your housemate is not a good person is better to live alone. Both options are good and bad things.

Submitted by Bieltan on Thu, 30/07/2020 - 11:41

I prefer to live alone despite it's boring, but more conveniently!
Profile picture for user EWS

Submitted by EWS on Thu, 30/07/2020 - 03:20

I prefer live alone, that is comfortable for me.

Submitted by Mai Khin Nway Shein on Sun, 26/07/2020 - 17:39

I am living with a roommate now, it is okay for me cause we are staying like sisters, cooking and eating together. I think it would inconvenience if my roommate changed.

Submitted by BIraqi on Wed, 22/07/2020 - 13:02

Of course, i prefer living alone, but if that a person is nice, do not mined.

Submitted by Sharon Torres on Tue, 21/07/2020 - 02:52

I rather live alone due to privacy. Even though could be nice to meet new people and share funny-time with someone different but not yourself, i think i could be also kind of stress and more if they are all adults. In my point of view, unless they were part of your family i coudnt work. Therefore i prefer to live alone.

Submitted by Miri85 on Mon, 20/07/2020 - 12:08

I have never shared a house but I think that can be nice if it is with the right people. You can socialize with your housemates and share the housework and you can have your own privacy in your bedroom.

Submitted by Kaique25 on Sun, 19/07/2020 - 14:55

I prefer to live alone, because of my privacy.

Submitted by Ibrahimctg on Sat, 18/07/2020 - 06:59

I am living at a sharing room in Riyadh. Most of the foreign workers here living at sharing house

Submitted by Today is Winda on Mon, 06/07/2020 - 16:45

I prefer to live alone cause i can give myself more time to relax without anything to disturbing me.
Profile picture for user Red Sus

Submitted by Red Sus on Sat, 04/07/2020 - 16:33

I prefer to live alone because I just want to have a very personal place to rest in the end of the day.

Submitted by fatfat on Fri, 03/07/2020 - 12:49

hi, I previosly shared my home with housemate because of I had not enough money but I would prefer to live alone. I am married now and I have a housemate again :)

Submitted by Ronake on Wed, 01/07/2020 - 14:28

When I was a student I preferred to share a house with other housemates, because that reduced my expenses. We shared the bills and rent. I had a single room, but I had to share the bathroom, living room, kitchen with three other girls. Sometimes is difficult to organize and put rules when you are living with people, that aren't your family. Because they way of living is different. Sometimes the girls were noisy and made our apartment mess. But there were moments when we prepared the dinner together, help each other with assignments, and watched movies together. Today that I have a job, I prefer to live alone or with my sister.

Submitted by walotaibi on Mon, 29/06/2020 - 17:09

I prefer to live alone without sharing my home with strange people. I like to keep my privacy. When I accept a girl to live with me and shares me my home and my kitchen, here I destroy my privacy. So, l prefer to live alone and pay my bill alone also.
Profile picture for user Hennadii

Submitted by Hennadii on Sat, 27/06/2020 - 17:12

Sometimes I prefer to live alone. To do what I want to do. Watch movies or sports on TV, read books in silence or even play computer games. But I don't know where to send my family ))

Submitted by Sushmita Verma on Fri, 26/06/2020 - 14:55

I prefer to live in a shared accomodtion with a single room. I this caters to both my mood of solitude and company. Also shared accomodation helps on cutting down living expenses and ensures better security.

Submitted by Omer_moh on Mon, 22/06/2020 - 21:27

In my culture people live together and that cause some problems. One of this problems is lack of privacy and that effect on a person daily activity so you would find a people cannot perform the things that they want at the time that the want for instance some people loves playing guitar at night and others love to sleep early. The second problem is shearing duties like cleaning the shared area. Not all of the people know how to collaborate well. Pearsonaly I prefer to live alone for the reasons that I have mentioned before.

Submitted by Mohmansuur on Sun, 21/06/2020 - 13:25

well, in my experience I prefer to live someone because living alone is not good something may happen or if there are some emergency cases you need help, but I live with my wife and everything is better.

Submitted by Alaaseada on Sun, 21/06/2020 - 08:00

I prefer to live alone over having housemates because privacy is a priority for me. Moreover, I am not that kind of person who can make friends easily, I am introvert to a great extent, which makes it hard for me to adapt with being surrounded by people the whole day.
IKR? If you are like me, you will probably feel exhausted by being surrounded by others for too long. And the only way to relieve stress is to be alone, just by yourself.
Profile picture for user Basar Huzni

Submitted by Basar Huzni on Thu, 18/06/2020 - 11:41

Hello, everyone. I wanna live with my family especially my wife. But if I wanna visit the other country for studying or anything, I prefer to share a house just with my friends if not I prefer to lives alone.

Submitted by nivas on Sun, 14/06/2020 - 01:11

It is not easy to answer this question, because there are times when I prefer to live alone and others when I prefer to share with someone else. There are advantages to living alone, as my privacy is maintained and there is no risk of living with unpolite people. However, when we find a friend to share with our, life became lot of fun.

Submitted by Laila Mutiara … on Fri, 05/06/2020 - 04:28

i prefer to share a house.

Submitted by hana ykt on Wed, 03/06/2020 - 10:37

I prefer to share a house. But there are conditions. Good friends with me and not living one person and me. friends. First of all, if not good friends, I think everyone will be tough. House is rest place for me, so I don't want to be concerned about housemates in here. I'll not get tired long time. In addition, I need two or three people. Because I'm not good at being with the same person all the time and need also time to be alone. I don't want to lose alone time because I like the time since I was little. The more people we have, the less I have to worry about being alone of housemate. Share house can share housework ,divide rent and when I want to talk, good friends are nearby. I'm really longing for it. Living alone is good too, but more than that I hate loneliness. I became clear that I am selfish. Nevertheless I want to try it someday.
Profile picture for user lsrafael

Submitted by lsrafael on Wed, 03/06/2020 - 00:23

I prefer to live alone in my apartment, but sometimes receive some friends.

Submitted by eshan.saif on Mon, 01/06/2020 - 20:51

Another thing needs to keep in mind, sharing a single ensuite room with a bathroom is sometimes irritating.

Submitted by eshan.saif on Mon, 01/06/2020 - 20:44

I would like like to live alone because I don't feel comfortable living with unknown people. Besides, privacy is another factor in sharing a room, it can happen that the housemate's like or dislikes won't be matched with mine.

Submitted by iiiirx6 on Sat, 30/05/2020 - 05:10

I don't have too much experience about living with someone such a housemate or friends, I prefer live alone but if I had a chance to live with someone who respect my own privacy and helpful why not it's might be funny to share our opinion and do chores together.

Submitted by sakura on Wed, 27/05/2020 - 10:34

I prefer to live alone. Because if I live with someone I have to worry about the other person. For example, I have to be careful when taking a bath or using the kitchen. I feel that the shared space is not suitable because I have to care about the other person. Also living together is not a family, so it can be inflexible at times. And I cannot protect my privacy. However living alone can protect privacy and live without worrying about people. Actually I live alone now. It is very comfortable and I enjoy spending tie alone. You can also become independent by living alone. I have to do everything on my own, so it was sometimes difficult. But once you get used to it, it is not that hard. I think living with people is a lot of fun, but living with people other than family member is very risky. As a person who has experienced living alone, I thought that it would be easier to live alone, where you can make time in a private place.

Submitted by Nsengir on Fri, 22/05/2020 - 11:20

I prefer to live with someone. I sometimes like to be alone. But I think that homemade is very important. For example; you don't pay bills alone and you can do housework together.

Submitted by deya on Tue, 19/05/2020 - 21:32

i prefer to live alone, but if i have financially problem i like sharing a house with a friend ..

Submitted by Maudoodur Rahman on Tue, 19/05/2020 - 17:38

I prefer live many together, because it's drive my loneliness.

Submitted by Maudoodur Rahman on Tue, 19/05/2020 - 17:28

I prefer to live many together, because it's drive my loneliness.

Submitted by Maudoodur Rahman on Tue, 19/05/2020 - 17:08

i can't understand how can recover my writing problems ........

Submitted by HSKrxsta06 on Tue, 19/05/2020 - 05:14

i prefer to live alone, because if with someone, i get distracted, its better to be comfortable and be able to do the things that is important, feel safely and sound

Submitted by doublef005 on Sun, 17/05/2020 - 18:37

I prefer to live alone because i need privacy for doing many things such as listening to music or reading a book. Living alone makes me confident and easy to concentration on my work. But sharing house is better for financially.

Submitted by mouna99 on Sun, 17/05/2020 - 13:27

I prefer to live alone, to be more comfortable

Submitted by Clarissa on Fri, 15/05/2020 - 12:41

I lived alone for a great time and it felt nice to have my own space and my privacy. But now that my husband and I live together I couldn't imagine living without him anymore, for the company we do to each other became fundamental to me.

Submitted by Noor omar on Fri, 15/05/2020 - 12:22

I do, I live with housemates right now in 3 bedroom house, we share the kitchen and the bathrooms, there is no ensuite rooms, that's why we shared tha bathroom, and its nice by the way it is good for you for saving money instead of paying all the rent by yourself

Submitted by mm_xx1415 on Fri, 15/05/2020 - 00:05

I prefer to share my house with my brothers and sisters . If that possible then look at the near way for example shared it with my cousins. Like that the circle increasing. :) Best Regards, Mohammed

Submitted by MarceloCoelho on Sun, 10/05/2020 - 16:02

I prefere live alone. I neve live with other people that wasn't my family or my wife. Some friends have lived in republic e said that you learn for live very much. I would like lived with other people, but unfortunately i don't lived.

Submitted by Ali86 on Fri, 08/05/2020 - 11:26

I think it's ok to share room if its ensuite room . It's help to reduce the burden of rent when u r running out of money .

Submitted by adrianjt on Fri, 08/05/2020 - 08:57

Hello guys, I prefer to live alone in a house though sometimes I feel sad but I still want to have my own privacy so I can do whatever I want.

Submitted by Mohamedakram16 on Thu, 07/05/2020 - 15:58

Hello guys, I'm a new english learner here, I enjoy this website. It's the first time I write a paragraph and it is about accomodoation so I don't like to share my room with another person expectly who I know them and love them such as my famlily's memebers', I really like to be alone in my room because I feel safely