Text messages to a friend

Read a text conversation between two friends to practise and improve your reading skills.

Instructions

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text
Neira
online

Hi Aziz! Are you there?

15:57

Hello? Hello?!?

16:03

Hi! I'm here! I'm here.

16:04

Good. smiley

16:04

What's up, Neira?

16:05

Would you like to meet for a coffee?

16:05

Yes! When?

16:05

I'm working now, but I finish work at five. Maybe at 5.15?

16:05

That's difficult for me. Can we meet 30 minutes later?

16:06

OK. Where?

16:06

The Blue Café is nice. I love the tea there. heart

16:07

It's closed on Mondays. Let's go to Rocket Boy. It's new.

16:08

Is it good?

16:08

It's very good!

16:08

Where is it? I don't know it.

16:09

It's next to the school. See you there?

16:09

See you there at 5.45!

16:09

Do you need to improve your English reading skills?
No votes yet

Submitted by Maria19 on Tue, 04/08/2020 - 21:02

I usually meet my friends at a coffee shop or sushi bar. We meet in the evening or on the weekend.

Submitted by Youssef Er-rafay on Wed, 08/07/2020 - 18:57

I usually meet my friends everyday in evening to go skate , but the ones that they don’t skate , we meet on a restaurants in the weekends to catch up the last news.

Submitted by Fatemeh.Najafzadeh on Thu, 02/07/2020 - 00:17

I usually meet my friends at the weekends. We frequently go away to stunning spots in Ireland to visit beautiful nature.

Submitted by Ronake on Tue, 30/06/2020 - 23:17

I meet my friends, every weekday after work. We meet in the main street at 5;30 p.m. Sometimes we meet one hour later if someone has to do shopping or stay late at job. We go to our favorite coffee, we usually take black tea and a slice of lemon cake. We relax and enjoy our time together. This is how we keep our friendship for ages.
Profile picture for user Hennadii

Submitted by Hennadii on Thu, 25/06/2020 - 12:54

My friends and I prefer pubs in the center with good food and craft beer. Time? Usually in the evening after work

Submitted by casssioesousa on Sat, 20/06/2020 - 02:10

I usually meet with my friends in the shopping mall, at seven p.m., after work.

Submitted by Thucuoi on Wed, 10/06/2020 - 10:25

i usually meet my friends at the weekend, normally on Sundays because i am very busy with my job on weekdays. we often gather at home and have a small party, make some favorite foods. we eat, drink and chat together. sometimes, in the evening, we go to the coffee shop for a change.

Submitted by eshan.saif on Sat, 06/06/2020 - 20:07

I usually like to meet my friends in any open places like any park or any other open field and we like to meet each other in the afternoon. If want to say more specifically it will about half-fast four in the afternoon.
Profile picture for user Onur

Submitted by Onur on Thu, 04/06/2020 - 15:13

I usually meet up with my friends at a cafe which is called "TeTe". We generally get together at the evening. Btw, due to corona, we have not been meeting for a long time.