Business cards

Listen to four people talk about their jobs to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

A

A: Hello, Doctor Miller. It's nice to meet you.

B: Please call me Peter.

A: OK. Are you a medical doctor? It must be helpful when you sell medical equipment.

B: Actually, no. My doctorate was in electronic engineering, but it's still helpful for me when I sell our equipment.

B

Good morning, everyone. I'm happy to be here today to tell you about our new project. My name is Alessandro Rossi. I'm the project leader on the Starlight programming project.

C

Pleased to meet you. Here's my card. My real name is Megumi Tanaka, but people who are not from my country think it's difficult to say my name, so I use another name, Meg, when I'm working internationally.

D

Hello, everyone. My name's Andres Mulligan. I'm very happy to be joining this team for the next few months and learning more about research and development.

Reading text

DX Medical Equipment Ltd
Dr Peter Miller
Sales Director

*Space10 Designs*
Alessandro Rossi
Lead Programmer

Global Engineering Consults
Megumi Tanaka
Product Manager

MaXtin Ltd
Andres Mulligan Jr
Intern, R&D team
Do you need to improve your English listening skills?

A1 English level (elementary)
Profile picture for user zabiullah

Submitted by zabiullah on Mon, 30/11/2020 - 16:40

I would appreciate your team. In my country every company has their own rules. public company have registered names and departments of empolyees in their cards. but private companies have different aspects. they have registered their names, positions, departments. in my card mentioned my name, my father's name, department as well as the issue date. i think, it might be very helpfull to register the names of empolyee, and the postion of empolyee also surename of staff.

Submitted by mrelvinaliyev on Mon, 30/11/2020 - 06:43

In my country ,on business cards main information is name , last name, phone , email ,work name and country where was born.

Submitted by m.someah on Sun, 29/11/2020 - 17:13

In the majority of cases, business cards in my country give information such as company's name, address, phone number and director's name.

Submitted by Awara Jalal on Sat, 28/11/2020 - 20:16

In my country the write a Phone number AN email and position and of course their name

Submitted by Sergio1994 on Sat, 28/11/2020 - 15:32

In my country the business card information contains name, company name, position and phone number

Submitted by David_Tham on Thu, 26/11/2020 - 14:38

First is a company name, Second is person name with a position. And the phone number with email address.

Submitted by PushpaTrivi on Wed, 25/11/2020 - 09:29

Firstly details of the company like company logo, who is running the company and there details and contacts.

Submitted by luongpq on Wed, 25/11/2020 - 02:59

I will describe about my business card. First, In the front of the card . On the top of card is the company's logo. under the logo is your avatar, under your avatar will be your name and your company's name. and at the end is some information about your company. In the back of the card will have personally QR code to check in at the entrance doors.

Submitted by luongpq on Wed, 25/11/2020 - 02:50

1. I'm from Viet Nam. In my country, i think my name and my company's name are required in my business card. 2. In my country. Business card include my name, information about my company and QR code when I check in at entrance doors or

Submitted by Reham Mohammed on Tue, 24/11/2020 - 13:09

On the top right of the card will be the logo of the company. In the center will be the name of the person and position, on the bottom will be the phisical address, phone number, email address.

Submitted by Anhi on Tue, 24/11/2020 - 11:45

its got the department, the company, the name and surname, the title, the direction, the phone number, the website and the email address.

Submitted by menna emad on Sat, 21/11/2020 - 19:03

in my country, the card's information are first& last name, position, phone number, e-mail, the name and the logo of the company

Submitted by Leokad27 on Wed, 18/11/2020 - 03:56

In my country , the business cards has the worker's name and the status in the company, also His telephone number and email company

Submitted by _MAHA_ on Sat, 14/11/2020 - 17:45

in my country the business card information is name email and phone number position on company

Submitted by mrelvinaliyev on Mon, 09/11/2020 - 16:54

In my country main information on business card is name , last name, phone number and email.

Submitted by eduagrgu on Thu, 05/11/2020 - 15:25

the information on the business card in my country displays the name, ID, business, or company name.

Submitted by Kaique Machado on Mon, 02/11/2020 - 23:48

In my country the business cards have first name, last name, position and company's name on top of the card

Submitted by hilal coşkun on Sat, 31/10/2020 - 08:40

In my country the business cards include the information company, name, surname, phone number, email, position

Submitted by Victor Hugo Fl… on Thu, 22/10/2020 - 22:32

generally the information that the business cards contain are name, position, phone number, company address, and email

Submitted by Nurieta on Tue, 20/10/2020 - 15:33

Hi, in my business card you can find, Company´s name with logo, my name and surname, telephone number, address, e-mail and that´s all. I think my Company, would have to add the information about where the people can find us, Facebook, IG, twitter ...

Submitted by HaithamEqrai on Sun, 18/10/2020 - 12:50

The most important in the card is a Name, Position, Company, Email, and phone number

Submitted by DEICY on Sun, 11/10/2020 - 15:11

In My country the Main information in a business card is: Company name, person name, phone number, position in the Company, e-mail.

Submitted by Carlos Cabrera on Mon, 21/09/2020 - 22:47

In my country the business card information contain: mane, job assignation, name of company, cell number, then number of the office, dress of company, logo and social media(Facebook and Twitter) of company.

Submitted by abdalkreem seaf on Tue, 08/09/2020 - 20:54

In my country the business cards include company's name , position ,phone numbers , firstname , surname and kind of work

Submitted by Maria19 on Fri, 04/09/2020 - 08:16

The information on the business card in my country is usually about - business name, email, phone number and address.

Submitted by Faheem Khan on Fri, 28/08/2020 - 02:44

in our country pakistan mostly they enter the information about company details like, company address, company email, company phone number, company owner name etc.
Profile picture for user shelly

Submitted by shelly on Fri, 21/08/2020 - 10:10

My business contains the information of my title, my company name and our website, and the corresponding contact way that you could reach me.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Tue, 18/08/2020 - 12:29

We rarely meet people in business because of Covid-19. Less papers, more electronics. Which is eco friendly? ;)

Submitted by MARIANO_HB on Tue, 11/08/2020 - 20:37

Business card in my country contains a brief summary of the title of the professional. For example Name, title, or charge in the company, office phone, mobile phone, email address, the company name, etc.

Submitted by ErichPD on Sat, 08/08/2020 - 16:33

In my country Chile, the classical business card have, the company who the person works, the person's name, the phone, the e-mail, the web for the company and the address for the company.

Submitted by Thuraya Moataz on Wed, 29/07/2020 - 01:27

I am from Egypt, business cards include the name, E-mail, position or job title, phone number, and address

Submitted by Kaofeng on Tue, 28/07/2020 - 14:52

I am from China. Here people usually put the following information on their business card. Full name, job title, company name, its logo, company address, telephone number, fax number, mobile number, email address, company website, and wechat and or QQ number, QR code, slogan of the business, and some other information they might want to share, for example, a picture.

Submitted by Phan Bao Dung on Sun, 26/07/2020 - 10:18

I'm from Viet Nam. In my country, business cards briefly display the basic information of individuals or companies, such as logos, brand names, names, addresses, phone numbers, contact emails, websites ...

Submitted by Alifaraax on Wed, 22/07/2020 - 16:00

Business card contains first name,surname and position of job if they have to so Business card will give us full information about the person who is the person?what kind of tittle does thos person have to?

Hello Alifaraax,

I'm afraid I don't understand your question. A person's title could refer to their job (Head of Marketing / Chief Financial Officer / Senior Researcher), it could refer to a professional qualification which gives a title (Doctor / Professor), or it could refer to a title granted through a person's position in society (President / Cardinal / Senator).

Submitted by I am on Tue, 21/07/2020 - 20:24

I’m from Ukraine. Here the business cards usually contains name, surname, professional status or degree, phone number, address and, sometime, link to the social media accounts or QR code

Submitted by Ahmad_Khalil on Tue, 21/07/2020 - 10:24

Regularly Business cars have First and family name, Occupation, phone number, and E-mail

Submitted by Miri85 on Sun, 19/07/2020 - 15:27

I don´t know. I have never seen a business card where I live. But I suppose a business card should have your name, your position in your work and your email and phone number

Submitted by syah on Sun, 19/07/2020 - 12:09

I'm not sure about business cards in my country. The information that I know that included in business cards are name and address of company, name of person, position in the company, email address, and phone number.

Submitted by Dastenova Firuza on Tue, 07/07/2020 - 15:04

Business cards include information about their sevice, names, profits, pictures,contact numbers

Submitted by sara1412 on Tue, 07/07/2020 - 10:13

in my country business card containing on( name of Person , email address number of phone, name of job and name of company )

Submitted by jonon on Sun, 05/07/2020 - 17:22

in my country business cards incluide the information about the business person

Submitted by 7Elhoussaine A. on Fri, 03/07/2020 - 15:09

In my country, business cards include the informations about the person; his name, his position in the company and also the company name and their website.
Profile picture for user EWS

Submitted by EWS on Wed, 01/07/2020 - 11:01

hello I think modern business card have a general informations about company. Important is name of a person his position, company name and website which provide to details about company
Profile picture for user Onur

Submitted by Onur on Tue, 30/06/2020 - 19:11

The people who have a job in my country Turkey, have their name, surname, position in the company, the name of the company, the address of the company, phone number, cellphone number, personal e-mail address and web site of the company on their business cards.

Submitted by Ronake on Sat, 27/06/2020 - 22:01

In my country, a simple business card include these personal information; Name, Surname, the name of the company, the job position, phone number, and email address.

Submitted by joshnamep on Sun, 21/06/2020 - 17:00

I am not sure but according to some business cards I have seen before in Vietnam. I can say that there are some below: address of the office some icon of their field company name telephone number and cellphone number email address and so on....

Submitted by Esperance15 on Fri, 19/06/2020 - 21:50

In general business card as the information below: company name Surname and name of the person His position to the company Office Telephone number/ cellphone number Email adress