Job adverts

Read the four job adverts to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text
Do you like cars? Are you friendly and do you like chatting with people? Would you like to make £200 a day selling cars? If you answered yes to the above questions, we’d like you to be on our team! (Driving licence required.)
Company
Motor Ground is a car sales company that buys and sells used cars.
Location
Chennai, India

We're looking for a marketing manager to manage an international team. Ability to speak English necessary. Salary is £50,000 a year.
Company
Groovy is a German clothes company that has shops in countries across Europe.
Location
Munich, Germany

French teacher wanted to teach children between the ages of 3 and 12. Applicants must have teaching experience. £15 per hour.
Company
LinguaFun is a language school that offers modern language classes to students of all ages.
Location
Singapore

Nurse needed in private hospital. Must be registered to work in the UK. £25,000 per year.
Company
Private hospital with 50 years' experience providing high-quality health care.
Location
London, UK

Submitted by Muhammad Bagir on Sat, 16/05/2020 - 04:38

I would like to choose english teacher.

Submitted by BOU Hamid on Mon, 11/05/2020 - 00:49

I like to apply for the french teacher.

Submitted by Raimbek on Thu, 07/05/2020 - 10:33

I already have a dream job, it is called a video editor.

Submitted by jason2295 on Fri, 24/04/2020 - 23:33

I would like to apply for a marketing manager job because I speak English, I will earn a lot of money and I have a driving license.

Submitted by Djoo on Thu, 23/04/2020 - 06:47

I would like to aplly for a marketing manager because in a good salary

Submitted by FRANCY JACQUEL… on Fri, 10/04/2020 - 12:23

I like work in the company Motor Ground, it is better payed, 200 Eur for day it is great

Submitted by OlaIELTS on Sun, 29/03/2020 - 18:10

This would be base on my discipline as a - Financial Analyst and Management Professional. But, base on this context I would prefer a marketing job with Groovy in Munich, Germany.

Submitted by Sergei Baskakov on Sat, 07/03/2020 - 12:33

I choose a marketing manager in Munich, Germany. This job will give more money than other jobs

Submitted by ademyonet on Thu, 20/02/2020 - 20:12

I want to work a free job. I like working by travelling. a fixed place gets bored me.

Submitted by Alaa Basha on Thu, 13/02/2020 - 08:56

I would like to apply for a business company that includes sales and dealing with customers.

Submitted by serena lee on Sat, 11/01/2020 - 14:31

I prefer to work as an English teacher. I love children and I would like to community with them. Especially, I would like to practice English each day. So, teaching English is the best job which I am really interested.

Submitted by shahhoseini on Sat, 28/12/2019 - 13:49

I have a job and I don't need to apply for a new one.

Submitted by Magedelabd on Wed, 25/12/2019 - 13:16

off course I would apply for the marketing manager job to earn 50000 pound a year .

Submitted by Pawani on Wed, 13/11/2019 - 12:36

I used to like to apply for a government staff job during my childhood. But now i need not. because i own a business.

Submitted by hoailinh on Thu, 07/11/2019 - 02:07

Now, I work as an accountant. But if I could choose my job again, I would choose e-commerce. Because, e-commerce is very developed. Therefore, many companies will recruit me. So, I have more choice for my job and salary. But that is only an if and now I satisfied with my job.

Submitted by Abdelmouttalib on Sat, 12/10/2019 - 09:56

I would like to apply for teaching children.

Submitted by arifin on Sun, 29/09/2019 - 18:19

I want to work as a journalist. because it has diversification in its task.

Submitted by drphungmanhtien on Sat, 17/08/2019 - 06:18

I am an civil engineer. My duties are designing, checking, opproving technical documentation related to bridges.

Submitted by Suitcase on Mon, 22/07/2019 - 16:12

I would like to work in UK, but first of all I should to practise English. I would like chatting with someone. How can I find a person ? ;)

Hello Suitcase

I'm afraid that our House Rules don't allow you to share personal information such as your email address or phone number, so you won't be able to find someone to chat with here. I'd suggest you check out our Facebook page, where a different kind of interaction with our users is possible.

Best wishes

Submitted by Julia Rahma on Thu, 18/07/2019 - 02:19

Actually i don't like these jobs. I prefer be an influencer and translator or tour guide in overseas

Submitted by Jamileh on Sat, 13/07/2019 - 08:57

I dont like this job's. I'd like to have confectionery and sell cookies

Submitted by cittàutopica on Fri, 05/07/2019 - 11:44

I would you like to work in the field of research pertinent geopolitics, internationals relationships and history.

Submitted by Abdo sleem on Sun, 30/06/2019 - 06:12

Unfortunately these jobs are far from my specialty , i work as irrigation and landscape engineer I love my work I don’t want to change my career .

Submitted by teddysl on Sun, 30/06/2019 - 04:07

I don't like jobs because it's limited our freedom,however i'm with my own business and it will helps to improve my talent.

Submitted by Anna_English on Mon, 17/06/2019 - 15:49

I would like to apply for the job of sales and business. I love this job

Submitted by TP on Sun, 09/06/2019 - 04:11

I don't know... perhaps I don't like any of the jobs mentioned above. However, I like teaching. I think a teacher can be so creative and become so patient when dealing with problem.

Submitted by Kavi on Sun, 09/06/2019 - 04:10

I don't like to do a job.Because it's very stressful & limited our freedom.I like to start a business.It will help to improve our talents.

Submitted by randyjay on Sun, 09/06/2019 - 04:09

I don't like a job But now i have job and business too.

Submitted by Aye Aye Aung on Fri, 10/05/2019 - 04:34

I would like to apply government staff.

Submitted by Setareh on Tue, 30/04/2019 - 03:31

I would like to apply for a job related to do analysis data or analysis system and I like to travel a lot in my job;

Submitted by Marina_i on Fri, 19/04/2019 - 05:40

Hello Kirk Thank you very much for your answer. You always help me. Best regards Marina

Submitted by Marina_i on Thu, 18/04/2019 - 07:39

One of adverts I've read recently contained the following: " Your audio and WP skills should include a working knowledge of MS Office and Word for Windows". Could you tell me please, what does "WP" mean?
Hello Marina_i I'd say it means 'word processing' given that it later mentions MS Word. All the best Kirk The LearnEnglish Team

Submitted by mtalebi on Mon, 15/04/2019 - 05:50

I like to be a computer programmer.

Submitted by MAO on Tue, 09/04/2019 - 13:43

I would like to apply for the jobs of research and development of material science because i majored in that filed for my bachelor's and master's degrees; moreover, i am very interested in studying, conducting experiments, and constantly being in touch with innovative things. I think that the progress in technology is attained by the accumulation of every small step even though there is just a little discovery. Now, i prepare for my application of phD degree. I hope i can become an expertise in specific field of material science and dedicate my ability to helping the development of technology. Also, i look forward to working in a research institute in the top of the world.

Submitted by Pedrob on Mon, 08/04/2019 - 22:49

I would like to work as a computer programmer. Although I don't have a college degree yet, I'm going to try to do a computer science course.

Submitted by gullıstan on Mon, 25/03/2019 - 20:20

ı am working an ındian clothing manufacturer.ı am a sales maneger. ı report to sales director. My supervisor name is Alan. our company exports its products to Europe and U.S. ıt is an exporter. Our headquartes in New Delhi. But ı am working in Berlin.we have brances in Mumbai, new york, london, berlin and qatar.

Submitted by Stanley Alvarez on Mon, 18/03/2019 - 15:05

I would like to apply for marketing manager, because I'm industry engineer. It's just my job profile ideal for that job and I could to travel around Europe, while I'm going to visit others shops.

Submitted by Estudent on Fri, 01/03/2019 - 10:12

I would like to apply for finance controller in big company.