A noticeboard message

Learn how to write a noticeboard message.

Reading text

Looking for a housemate

Single ensuite room available in our lovely three-bedroom house in Didsbury. Five-minute walk from city centre. Move in from 1 June. Shared kitchen and living room with two female housemates, no parking, £600 a month excluding bills. No pets. Contact 07890 123456 for viewing.

Tips

1. Write the main title or idea bigger to catch people's attention.

2. Keep the message short, with only the most important information.

3. Don't put your address on it!

Do you need to improve your English writing skills?
Join thousands of learners from around the world who are improving their English writing skills with our live online classes and personal tutoring courses.

A1 English level (elementary)
Profile picture for user Ahmadmaaher

Submitted by Ahmadmaaher on Thu, 12/11/2020 - 08:57

Actually, I do prefer to live alone in the house or with my family, not with strangers. However, I accept the fact that sometimes you have to live with strangers because of the circumstances of life. Once, I lived with a colleague in work in the same apartment.

Submitted by Yati on Sat, 07/11/2020 - 11:48

I prefer to live alone, with my family.

Submitted by miemiev on Thu, 05/11/2020 - 16:45

be honest, I prefer to live alone, it doesn't mean I am a selfish person but normally I find no problem to live alone and I enjoy myself a lot when I stay alone. That's all

Submitted by mrelvinaliyev on Thu, 05/11/2020 - 11:58

I prefer to share a house.I dont like to live alone. My housemate is also my classmate and we is the best friends :)

Submitted by khalidait on Mon, 02/11/2020 - 14:04

to be honest i would like to share house with someone got me well like my friends or girl friend not with any one else but in the end it is perfect to live alone .......................
Profile picture for user Rain

Submitted by Rain on Sun, 01/11/2020 - 15:31

Do you prefer to share a house or live alone? Well, I've been lived alone for more than 7 years since I graduated. It'd be hard-pressed to live with other people again. I love my own space after a long day working, lying on a hammock, and reading a book or doing my own stuff

Submitted by mrelvinaliyev on Thu, 29/10/2020 - 05:47

I prefer to live with my friends.I can share my living room,kitchen and bathroom with them.
Profile picture for user Barbora V

Submitted by Barbora V on Mon, 26/10/2020 - 12:19

I prefer to live with my family or alone. I like my privacy. I don´t like to look at someone and I don´t like to disturb him. But shared housing is undouptedly more economical.

Submitted by Pola on Fri, 23/10/2020 - 16:53

I prefer living alone, if I got a good housemate there is no problem with me I share it with him .

Submitted by Ibi on Fri, 23/10/2020 - 16:32

Each situation have their pros and contras. I like to sharehouse if previous I know the people and we share the same habits, sleeping schedule and values. But I think share house is good option only for a short period of time; for live a experience and enjoy it. However, If I must to choose just one, I prefer to have my own space to relax and live my life without pressure to make the convivience working.

Submitted by alexiaimogen on Fri, 23/10/2020 - 06:23

I prefer to live alone because everybody has their own habits and preferences. I've tried to living with 2 housemates before, and it's really difficult and uncomfortable.

Submitted by raginirags on Thu, 22/10/2020 - 13:09

ti be honest i prefer to leave alone but i have a family so i'm living with them presently but after my graduation i will leave independently

Submitted by Victor Hugo Fl… on Wed, 14/10/2020 - 01:13

I prefer to live alone, I do it since I was a student, and now as an adult I also live alone

Submitted by Babydoll on Mon, 12/10/2020 - 22:31

I prefer to live in a share house with my family or someone actually I know, because it’s easy to afford this way and also I don’t feel lonely ☺️

Submitted by Passant on Thu, 08/10/2020 - 01:38

If I live far from my family so, I prefer to live a lone . The only case for me to resort to sharing a house with someone that I do not know ,if I found it coast me a lot for leaving alone and there’s no people I know to share a house with. Also my condition is to have an ensuite room .

Submitted by Cris.2023 on Tue, 06/10/2020 - 22:09

The true is that I prefer live alone, maybe with my partner but never with someone that I don't know, because I saw a lot of movies where the roomie is a bad person, so i don't think to live with someone that I dont trust.

Submitted by Moon Wathan on Tue, 06/10/2020 - 11:05

I don't want to share anyone. I want to live alone. If they don't get any room, I share at this time.

Submitted by habibao.medo on Tue, 06/10/2020 - 09:42

i prefer to live with housemates if i know them like they are my friends or something , but if i don't i prefer to live a lone

Submitted by SALA on Thu, 01/10/2020 - 14:30

I prefer to live alone because I think that sharing with someone means adjusting to their lifestyle and sometimes it's hard to find the right partner.

Submitted by joselo on Tue, 29/09/2020 - 02:36

In my opinion, sharing a house can be a good idea if you are looking for saving some money and the fact of losing your privacy doesn´t bother you. On the other hand, I prefer living alone as long as I can financially support it.

Submitted by Yonas Tesfamichael on Sun, 13/09/2020 - 13:41

TBH if I were a single, I prefer living with housemate/s , because there's lots of benefit.

Submitted by yeisy12 on Fri, 11/09/2020 - 17:14

I prefer to live alone because you have your privacy but when you move a big cities, it prefers to live with housemates because you spend less.

Submitted by mauld on Thu, 10/09/2020 - 14:32

I prefer share a house because I'll reducer rent for an apartment. If I'm sick, they'll take care me. This's help me more fine and safe.
Profile picture for user anguiluciana

Submitted by anguiluciana on Tue, 08/09/2020 - 00:36

I would prefer to live alone, but sometimes is difficult and expensive mainly in big cities so in this case it's okay for me to share a house. When I move to work in the city center, I usually rent a room in a house with share kitchen and living room. I like it...

Submitted by Hayatsalem on Mon, 31/08/2020 - 07:43

I prefer to live alone. But sometimes it's financially impossible to do so especially in big cities, that's when sharing comes handy and save us a lot of cash.
Profile picture for user Ashiq Sourov

Submitted by Ashiq Sourov on Wed, 26/08/2020 - 09:32

It depends, I prefer to live alone and have my own house. It would be much expensive. It is pretty good to share house if anyone single and college student. It is best suited for college students because it's much cheaper.

Submitted by Haidar Maula on Mon, 24/08/2020 - 09:54

It depends, I prefer to live alone and have my own house, but it'd be much expensive. Sharing a house is pretty good if I’m looking for a better price, and also I’m a college student, so it suits me better because it’s much cheaper.

Submitted by Carlos Cabrera on Wed, 12/08/2020 - 00:33

I prefer living a long when you're young a single.

Submitted by Maria19 on Thu, 06/08/2020 - 15:33

I prefer to live alone. For me it is important to have the order and design that I love and that I will be the landlady in the apartment I live in.

Submitted by OlaFlower on Tue, 04/08/2020 - 14:07

In my opinion sharing house and living alone have got own advantages. Living with housemates is never boring and always is cheaper :) Living alone gives you a guarantee for a clean bathroom and a full fridge :)

Submitted by shironeiko on Tue, 04/08/2020 - 13:04

I prefer to live alone so I can lead my own life without any distraction. I still meet my friends sometimes

Submitted by MammadovAnar on Mon, 03/08/2020 - 15:29

I would rather live alone or with my family in my country. If I would have a chance to live abroad, I could share my house with a foreign person. In this way, I can learn new things from him/her, for example, culture, language, or other things.

Submitted by Venus on Mon, 03/08/2020 - 06:19

Sharing a house is a super rare option in our country as there aren't many migrants, unlike the industrialized countries. Given that, I am always looking forward to get a housemate thinking it will be a new and challenging experience.

Submitted by Phan Bao Dung on Sun, 02/08/2020 - 17:34

I prefer to live alone because I can do things but not disturb others like loudly listening to music or playing the instrument.

Submitted by Andrea Hernandez on Fri, 31/07/2020 - 19:06

I prefer both options, but it depends on different things. For example, if you have a funny, kind, and clean housemate share a house can be a good option and cheaper. However, if your housemate is not a good person is better to live alone. Both options are good and bad things.

Submitted by Bieltan on Thu, 30/07/2020 - 11:41

I prefer to live alone despite it's boring, but more conveniently!
Profile picture for user EWS

Submitted by EWS on Thu, 30/07/2020 - 03:20

I prefer live alone, that is comfortable for me.

Submitted by Mai Khin Nway Shein on Sun, 26/07/2020 - 17:39

I am living with a roommate now, it is okay for me cause we are staying like sisters, cooking and eating together. I think it would inconvenience if my roommate changed.

Submitted by BIraqi on Wed, 22/07/2020 - 13:02

Of course, i prefer living alone, but if that a person is nice, do not mined.

Submitted by Sharon Torres on Tue, 21/07/2020 - 02:52

I rather live alone due to privacy. Even though could be nice to meet new people and share funny-time with someone different but not yourself, i think i could be also kind of stress and more if they are all adults. In my point of view, unless they were part of your family i coudnt work. Therefore i prefer to live alone.

Submitted by Miri85 on Mon, 20/07/2020 - 12:08

I have never shared a house but I think that can be nice if it is with the right people. You can socialize with your housemates and share the housework and you can have your own privacy in your bedroom.

Submitted by Kaique25 on Sun, 19/07/2020 - 14:55

I prefer to live alone, because of my privacy.

Submitted by Ibrahimctg on Sat, 18/07/2020 - 06:59

I am living at a sharing room in Riyadh. Most of the foreign workers here living at sharing house

Submitted by Today is Winda on Mon, 06/07/2020 - 16:45

I prefer to live alone cause i can give myself more time to relax without anything to disturbing me.
Profile picture for user Red Sus

Submitted by Red Sus on Sat, 04/07/2020 - 16:33

I prefer to live alone because I just want to have a very personal place to rest in the end of the day.

Submitted by fatfat on Fri, 03/07/2020 - 12:49

hi, I previosly shared my home with housemate because of I had not enough money but I would prefer to live alone. I am married now and I have a housemate again :)