A noticeboard message

Learn how to write a noticeboard message.

Reading text

Looking for a housemate

Single ensuite room available in our lovely three-bedroom house in Didsbury. Five-minute walk from city centre. Move in from 1 June. Shared kitchen and living room with two female housemates, no parking, £600 a month excluding bills. No pets. Contact 07890 123456 for viewing.

Tips

1. Write the main title or idea bigger to catch people's attention.

2. Keep the message short, with only the most important information.

3. Don't put your address on it!

Do you need to improve your English writing skills?
Join thousands of learners from around the world who are improving their English writing skills with our live online classes and personal tutoring courses.

Submitted by Karliz on Fri, 18/12/2020 - 00:47

hi, I{m new here, so I share my house with my mom, but I prefer live along with my dog haha

Submitted by vanessa Rodri on Thu, 17/12/2020 - 22:06

I wanted to live alone when I was younger, but now I prefer to live with other people.

Submitted by Dalmi on Mon, 14/12/2020 - 11:48

i prefer to live alone because when sharing a house, i cannot freely doing my happiness. I have a habit that embarrassing but i love to doing that.

Submitted by Naing Aye on Mon, 07/12/2020 - 17:32

I do prefer to share a house with my beat friends and my lovely girlfriends. Sometimes,I really do prefer to live alone.

Submitted by Sayed Mohsin on Fri, 27/11/2020 - 15:53

I'll want to share my bedroom with such a person who is nice and religious and also never interfere into my personal life. I also expect to help me in my study.Thanks all.
Profile picture for user zabiullah

Submitted by zabiullah on Fri, 27/11/2020 - 05:43

actually i would prefer to share a house with some person that knows him/her very well. however; live alone might be bad affect in our mind or might feel alone in some ways. for example; in many countries people who live alone. they have god depressions and sometime, sucide attack by him or her self... please check and give fidback.

Hello zabiullah,

Thank you for your comment. We read every comment made on the site but we don't check them or correct them. We're a small team here and the site has thousands of users; it's just not possible for us to check every post in this way.

Submitted by mrelvinaliyev on Thu, 26/11/2020 - 15:34

Yes. I like to share house with someone. I don't like to live alone. Because it is boring to live alone for me. When I live with someone it is good for me to know new people and have new experiences.
Profile picture for user El Al

Submitted by El Al on Wed, 25/11/2020 - 17:37

I do prefer share house with my family. Nowadays the houses have not enough room for a easy living.

Submitted by hossein.khosravi on Mon, 23/11/2020 - 15:05

I prefer to live with my family. I love my family

Submitted by lesley on Sun, 22/11/2020 - 21:46

I prefer to live alone, because I like to have my space.

Submitted by yaser on Fri, 20/11/2020 - 22:10

I prefer to live with my family

Submitted by Yigitcan on Wed, 18/11/2020 - 14:48

I prefer both of them. I want to share my house with my family.They always come the house and do what they want. But I don't want to share with friends they just come my house to drink or eat after that I clean their garbages.

Submitted by Leonardo de Souza on Sat, 14/11/2020 - 13:55

I enjoyed to share house when I was studying in a college, though currently I prefer live alone.
Profile picture for user Ahmadmaaher

Submitted by Ahmadmaaher on Thu, 12/11/2020 - 08:57

Actually, I do prefer to live alone in the house or with my family, not with strangers. However, I accept the fact that sometimes you have to live with strangers because of the circumstances of life. Once, I lived with a colleague in work in the same apartment.

Submitted by Yati on Sat, 07/11/2020 - 11:48

I prefer to live alone, with my family.

Submitted by miemiev on Thu, 05/11/2020 - 16:45

be honest, I prefer to live alone, it doesn't mean I am a selfish person but normally I find no problem to live alone and I enjoy myself a lot when I stay alone. That's all

Submitted by mrelvinaliyev on Thu, 05/11/2020 - 11:58

I prefer to share a house.I dont like to live alone. My housemate is also my classmate and we is the best friends :)

Submitted by khalidait on Mon, 02/11/2020 - 14:04

to be honest i would like to share house with someone got me well like my friends or girl friend not with any one else but in the end it is perfect to live alone .......................
Profile picture for user Rain

Submitted by Rain on Sun, 01/11/2020 - 15:31

Do you prefer to share a house or live alone? Well, I've been lived alone for more than 7 years since I graduated. It'd be hard-pressed to live with other people again. I love my own space after a long day working, lying on a hammock, and reading a book or doing my own stuff

Submitted by mrelvinaliyev on Thu, 29/10/2020 - 05:47

I prefer to live with my friends.I can share my living room,kitchen and bathroom with them.
Profile picture for user Barbora V

Submitted by Barbora V on Mon, 26/10/2020 - 12:19

I prefer to live with my family or alone. I like my privacy. I don´t like to look at someone and I don´t like to disturb him. But shared housing is undouptedly more economical.

Submitted by Pola on Fri, 23/10/2020 - 16:53

I prefer living alone, if I got a good housemate there is no problem with me I share it with him .

Submitted by Ibi on Fri, 23/10/2020 - 16:32

Each situation have their pros and contras. I like to sharehouse if previous I know the people and we share the same habits, sleeping schedule and values. But I think share house is good option only for a short period of time; for live a experience and enjoy it. However, If I must to choose just one, I prefer to have my own space to relax and live my life without pressure to make the convivience working.

Submitted by alexiaimogen on Fri, 23/10/2020 - 06:23

I prefer to live alone because everybody has their own habits and preferences. I've tried to living with 2 housemates before, and it's really difficult and uncomfortable.

Submitted by raginirags on Thu, 22/10/2020 - 13:09

ti be honest i prefer to leave alone but i have a family so i'm living with them presently but after my graduation i will leave independently

Submitted by Victor Hugo Fl… on Wed, 14/10/2020 - 01:13

I prefer to live alone, I do it since I was a student, and now as an adult I also live alone

Submitted by Babydoll on Mon, 12/10/2020 - 22:31

I prefer to live in a share house with my family or someone actually I know, because it’s easy to afford this way and also I don’t feel lonely ☺️

Submitted by Passant on Thu, 08/10/2020 - 01:38

If I live far from my family so, I prefer to live a lone . The only case for me to resort to sharing a house with someone that I do not know ,if I found it coast me a lot for leaving alone and there’s no people I know to share a house with. Also my condition is to have an ensuite room .

Submitted by Cris.2023 on Tue, 06/10/2020 - 22:09

The true is that I prefer live alone, maybe with my partner but never with someone that I don't know, because I saw a lot of movies where the roomie is a bad person, so i don't think to live with someone that I dont trust.

Submitted by Moon Wathan on Tue, 06/10/2020 - 11:05

I don't want to share anyone. I want to live alone. If they don't get any room, I share at this time.

Submitted by habibao.medo on Tue, 06/10/2020 - 09:42

i prefer to live with housemates if i know them like they are my friends or something , but if i don't i prefer to live a lone

Submitted by SALA on Thu, 01/10/2020 - 14:30

I prefer to live alone because I think that sharing with someone means adjusting to their lifestyle and sometimes it's hard to find the right partner.

Submitted by joselo on Tue, 29/09/2020 - 02:36

In my opinion, sharing a house can be a good idea if you are looking for saving some money and the fact of losing your privacy doesn´t bother you. On the other hand, I prefer living alone as long as I can financially support it.

Submitted by Yonas Tesfamichael on Sun, 13/09/2020 - 13:41

TBH if I were a single, I prefer living with housemate/s , because there's lots of benefit.

Submitted by yeisy12 on Fri, 11/09/2020 - 17:14

I prefer to live alone because you have your privacy but when you move a big cities, it prefers to live with housemates because you spend less.

Submitted by mauld on Thu, 10/09/2020 - 14:32

I prefer share a house because I'll reducer rent for an apartment. If I'm sick, they'll take care me. This's help me more fine and safe.
Profile picture for user anguiluciana

Submitted by anguiluciana on Tue, 08/09/2020 - 00:36

I would prefer to live alone, but sometimes is difficult and expensive mainly in big cities so in this case it's okay for me to share a house. When I move to work in the city center, I usually rent a room in a house with share kitchen and living room. I like it...

Submitted by Hayatsalem on Mon, 31/08/2020 - 07:43

I prefer to live alone. But sometimes it's financially impossible to do so especially in big cities, that's when sharing comes handy and save us a lot of cash.
Profile picture for user Ashiq Sourov

Submitted by Ashiq Sourov on Wed, 26/08/2020 - 09:32

It depends, I prefer to live alone and have my own house. It would be much expensive. It is pretty good to share house if anyone single and college student. It is best suited for college students because it's much cheaper.

Submitted by Haidar Maula on Mon, 24/08/2020 - 09:54

It depends, I prefer to live alone and have my own house, but it'd be much expensive. Sharing a house is pretty good if I’m looking for a better price, and also I’m a college student, so it suits me better because it’s much cheaper.

Submitted by Carlos Cabrera on Wed, 12/08/2020 - 00:33

I prefer living a long when you're young a single.

Submitted by Maria19 on Thu, 06/08/2020 - 15:33

I prefer to live alone. For me it is important to have the order and design that I love and that I will be the landlady in the apartment I live in.

Submitted by OlaFlower on Tue, 04/08/2020 - 14:07

In my opinion sharing house and living alone have got own advantages. Living with housemates is never boring and always is cheaper :) Living alone gives you a guarantee for a clean bathroom and a full fridge :)

Submitted by shironeiko on Tue, 04/08/2020 - 13:04

I prefer to live alone so I can lead my own life without any distraction. I still meet my friends sometimes