An airport departures board

Read an airport departures board to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text
DEPARTURES
Time Flight Destination Gate Remarks
10:45 XZ 3265 Chennai 17 Departed
10:50 SQ 0972 Amsterdam 23 Departed
11:00 SQ 2509 Mexico City 19 Departed
11:05 RT 9122 Buenos Aires 34 Cancelled
11:10 XZ 6005 Los Angeles 05 Final call
11:20 QE 0078 Beijing 33 Final call
11:25 TY 2053 Christchurch 56 Delayed
11:25 ER 7452 Seoul 25 Boarding
11:30 XZ 0352 Moscow 12 Boarding
11:35 XZ 0569 Kuala Lumpur 27 Gate change

Submitted by fatfat on Tue, 07/07/2020 - 18:31

I visited United Kingdom and Georgia. 4 years ago, I bought ticket for Europe tour but unfortunately I couldn't go for various reasons. I would like to travel all over the world to be America at first.

Submitted by Mathi on Tue, 30/06/2020 - 05:34

I haven't get the chances to travel by plane yet but I hope someday I will. Sometimes I imagine how would I feel when I get on plane for first time whether I get excitement or nervousness. I would like to visit countries which surrounded by ocean,greenery, snowny, respects others culture.i admire the Japanese people because they are smart, hardworking,produtive, strong minded etc.i wish I will go to Japan one day.

Submitted by Ronake on Mon, 29/06/2020 - 22:12

I traveled by plane when I was a baby in Germany and Belgium, but I can't remember much the emotions that the plane gave to me. I would like to visit each country if I could afford it, especially in Japan because there are many things to see. Next month I'm planning to travel to Turkey with plane, so it would be my chance as adult to have that experience.

Submitted by Hennadii on Tue, 23/06/2020 - 10:01

I don't travel often by plane, just several times per year. Unfortunately, there is a huge global epidemic this year so we all can't travel a lot. I planned a very interesting trip to Latvia, Estonia and Finland in this May but ... well, you know. I've never been there and badly want to visit these countries. I was very upset about this cancellation. Which countries would I like to visit? Almost every country in the World. Excluding those where there is a war or violate human rights. I want to visit Canada to see its unbelievable nature. I want to visit Japan to see how they live there. I want to visit Italy to go to the San Siro. So many countries, so many reasons ))

Submitted by Fatemeh.Najafzadeh on Sat, 13/06/2020 - 00:44

I travel by plane to my country from Ireland. It’s usually once in year. Last time I went to my country by plane was 5 months ago. I’d like to travel many countries, specially Spain, Madrid to visit my lovely friend.

Submitted by M19 on Wed, 10/06/2020 - 16:53

I hardly travel unless it's very necessary or for official reasons. I have watched and read a lot of interesting stuff about the unique Spanish culture of Argentina. It has more places of interest than USA or China. There many modern restaurants, clean sandy beaches, and beautiful historic buildings. Further more the streets and roads are less jam-packed making it easier to move around. For these reasons, I would love to take a trip only to Argentina.

Submitted by Onur on Thu, 04/06/2020 - 11:30

I love travelling so much. If the location is far, I prefer getting there by plane. However it depends on the price. Coach trips are usually cheaper than flight prices. I would like to visit LA. I wonder Holywood, Beverly Hills and Silicon Valley. On the other hand, the trip takes a lot of time on the air from my country Turkey. Besides, price of this trip is extremmely expensive. I think, I will never be able to affort it.

Submitted by eshan.saif on Tue, 02/06/2020 - 19:45

I have never traveled by plane yet but I would like to travel to Maldives and Netherlands.

Submitted by Leonardo Lisboa on Tue, 02/06/2020 - 01:41

My last flight was a long time ago, five years from now to be more specific, so I have to say, I don’t fly too much. I want to visit Japan, England and USA.

Submitted by Thucuoi on Wed, 20/05/2020 - 09:22

unfortunately, I have no conditions to travel in my country as well as abroad and haven't had opportunity to travel by plane yet. If possible, i want to visit all domestic destinations and then to The Republic of Korea, Singapore.

Submitted by davidtan on Sun, 17/05/2020 - 07:21

I never travelled by plane but i'd like to travel all over the world

Submitted by konatenasty on Sun, 17/05/2020 - 01:35

I have travelled a lot by plane. I have been a long trip and short trip.i have had flights cancelled and delayed.i have selpt for hours at aiports.these are my experience of air travel.next time ,i want to travel to india ,turkey or japan

Submitted by mouna99 on Sat, 16/05/2020 - 15:26

I have never travled by a plane, and I would like to visit europe

Submitted by Muhammad Bagir on Sat, 16/05/2020 - 04:10

I never had chance to travel by plane. If i got one, Japan is the first country that show in my mind.

Submitted by Nyanko Neko on Fri, 15/05/2020 - 13:51

I never have a chance travel by plane. I always desire have a chance see the word. If I have a chance, i will travel to Japan, Chiana, Seoul, Italy .... This is a country where i want to come once in my life. It is my dream. I belive my dream is come true soon

Submitted by c.lopes23 on Thu, 14/05/2020 - 13:38

After the lockdown, once for month. I'd like to visit the Spain, Peru, Colombia, Australian, France, Italy...

Submitted by Raimbek on Fri, 08/05/2020 - 10:49

I would like to visit all Europe Union country, America, Canada, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Singapore, New Zeland and will be interested visit Afghanistan and Siria.

Submitted by Raimbek on Fri, 08/05/2020 - 10:45

I no often travel by plane, but I traveled to Dubai double times, this year and year ago.

Submitted by BOU Hamid on Fri, 08/05/2020 - 00:41

i like travel by plane. and i like to visit England.

Submitted by Alejandra087 on Fri, 01/05/2020 - 17:31

I never traveled by plane, but I would like to travel to Africa.

Submitted by Djoo on Thu, 23/04/2020 - 03:10

I traveled by plane 3 times. I flight to Dubai, Shariqua and Sultanat of Omen. Traveling by plane is very tired. I will like to visit UK.

Submitted by Ronake on Sun, 19/04/2020 - 23:02

I have never traveled by plane, hope in the future i will have opportunity to flight and visit different countries like USA, Gemany, Canada, Swiden .

Submitted by Berny Herrera on Tue, 07/04/2020 - 01:37

I have never traveled by plane outside my country but my old brother has. He has been to Colombia, Panamá, Nicaragua (not by plane but by car and bus), Guatemala, Mexico, Texas, New York, Pennsylvania and Washington. And I have to say I´m proud of him. I hope to start travelling by plane outside very soon. Regarding to my person, I have the opportunity to travel by plane two times (inside my country, Costa Rica). The first time I lost the trip (By the time I arrived at the gate, the plane was already departured), and the second time was the first time I traveled. It was a necessary (urgently) reason because that day my little baby first boy was born, he was born in march 23rd, 2019. (Yes, last year. :) )

Submitted by Yenn nguyen on Sat, 04/04/2020 - 15:10

I never travel by plane to where is the world . If i have a chance , I will travel to Canada, Italy, German , China,..This is the country which i want to go and to explore culture, the scene ,life of people , ...
Hi Yenn, those are pretty and interesting countries. I hope you can travel as soon as everything gets normal due to the "Corona-Virus".

Submitted by OlaIELTS on Sat, 28/03/2020 - 20:01

Not often. I would like to visit United Kingdom.

Submitted by Mahmoud Gadelk… on Sat, 28/03/2020 - 16:27

I have never flown by plane. I would like to visit many countries around the world like the UK, the US, Austria, New Zeeland, and more and more.

Submitted by Inguun on Wed, 11/03/2020 - 08:05

I like to go to Singapore because it is so wonderful country and I like especially raining of summer and I also like Singapore's aviation

Submitted by Sergei Baskakov on Thu, 05/03/2020 - 17:37

I'd like to visit Canada because the nature in this country is very wonderful.

Submitted by Van Duc Nguyen on Thu, 27/02/2020 - 08:35

sometimes, i often travel by plane my friend in summer. but only go to within in country. i wish will be where go to than more in the world.

Submitted by hashim hassan … on Sun, 09/02/2020 - 20:34

i like to trailing by plane, i traveled to many countries

Submitted by Alaa Basha on Sun, 09/02/2020 - 10:37

I have traveled by plane twice in my life. One to Syria and the other to Jordan. I like the experience of traveling. I really like to travel to Japan. I like this country. I hope I get this chance.

Submitted by memenek on Thu, 06/02/2020 - 05:41

I have never been on a plane. I want to go to China to attend my idol's concert :3

Submitted by Adriana Menegale on Wed, 29/01/2020 - 11:56

Sometimes I travel by plane. I would like to go for a many countrys, mainly Spanish, Italy and Netherlands. Also i would really like to visit my country: Brazil

Submitted by MaryaSun on Fri, 17/01/2020 - 16:33

i usually travel by plane twice a year and i usually take it to go in northern italy, to my older sister, because she lives in northern italy. I live in southern of Italy, instead. i have never been out of my country but i would like to visit a lot of countries such as Canada, Argentina, Australia or to visit Paris or London or Iceland.

Submitted by serena lee on Fri, 03/01/2020 - 22:49

I usually travel by plane in summer with my family. The city I like the most is Seoul. It has many landscape and fresh air. However, I always have to come to airport before 3 hours, because I won't get on the plane if I come on time. Even if, I still like moving by plane, It is known as a fastest transportation, so I can save a lot of time.

Submitted by nverma on Thu, 02/01/2020 - 17:39

I have travelled by plane twice and that too within the country. It is my dream to visit and explore the whole world so I would like to visit at least Switzerland, France, Canada, The Netherlands, Belgium and many more.

Submitted by shahhoseini on Fri, 20/12/2019 - 06:07

I travel by plane about every two years. Some of my travel had been to another countries and some of them to the cities of my country. I has traveled to Swiss, Chaina, Turkey and Saudi Arabia by plane.

Submitted by Soifah on Thu, 19/12/2019 - 09:47

I am not yet visited the country, but I hope can learn with awardee in UK. Aamiin

Submitted by Magedelabd on Wed, 18/12/2019 - 14:35

I traveled about 10 times , I visited USA twice in 1988 and in 1998 also I visited Canada one time , France three times , Italy two times , Germany one time , Spain two times and portugal once . and if you asked me which countries would like to visit , my answer is all what i mentioned above because i have memories there .

Submitted by nermein on Tue, 10/12/2019 - 14:49

iam always trevaling by plane to Egypt every summer coz the weather in sudan very hot I which I visit india and turkia

Submitted by Murilo Martins on Sat, 30/11/2019 - 12:45

I travel by plane twice a year. I would like to get to know Norway and Georgia as soon as possible ✈️☺️!

Submitted by frfandinod79 on Thu, 28/11/2019 - 12:37

i not often flight in plane, but i would like visit other countries.

Submitted by le van son on Thu, 14/11/2019 - 15:53

I'm not often using airlane to travel. I had been travel to Thai Lan two month ago

Submitted by hoailinh on Sat, 02/11/2019 - 03:05

Oh. I am twenty-two years old. But I have never been traveled by plane before. As you know, my country is middle-income, so it's very difficult for Vietnamese people to travel by plane. I think half past Vietnamese people has never been traveled by plane, and me too. If I have the opportunity to travel abroad, I will choose China. Because I love Chinese landscapes, culture, films, foods, etc..., Moreover, Vietnamese culture and Chinese culture have many similarities. So, I think China is the best choice.

Submitted by Editanna on Wed, 16/10/2019 - 13:12

I rarely travel by plane. I would like to visit India at the moment

Submitted by Siti Fatimah on Thu, 10/10/2019 - 04:19

I'm not to travel using air yet, and on november my job deligate me for going to outside of island by air. I am so nervous for the first time

Submitted by Abdelmouttalib on Thu, 03/10/2019 - 11:27

I travel rarely by plane. I would like to visit Switzerland.