Appearance 2

Do you know what a 'toddler' is? Do these exercises and learn this and other words to talk about people's appearance.

Are you ready to take your vocabulary to the next level?

B1 English level (intermediate)
Profile picture for user simonenmourao

Submitted by simonenmourao on Wed, 25/11/2020 - 18:23

Teachers, I need a information. In my llevel test, the result was 74% intermediate. How can i know if my leve is Intermediate B1 or Up intermediate B2?
Profile picture for user Peter M.

Submitted by Peter M. on Thu, 26/11/2020 - 08:01

In reply to by simonenmourao

Hello simonenmourao,

The level test on the site is only intended as a guide, providing an estimation of your level to help you choose material best suited to your needs. It's not intended to categorically assign a level to you. This is also true of the levels we assign to materials - they are estimations and guides, not fixed categories.

All levels in language learning are estimations on a continuous scale, and all learners have a blend of levels: they may be stronger at listening and weaker at speaking, for example, or have stronger grammar but weaker vocabulary.

The best thing for you to do is to sample different types of material and see how you find them. Look for material which challenges you without being frustrating. And remember that your level is constantly changing - hopefully moving up not down!

Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Tue, 17/11/2020 - 12:47

I used to be a toddler and a teenager. ;)

Submitted by Ayuloraine sit… on Tue, 17/11/2020 - 04:18

i am going to describe my Fiance, he has hair on above his lips, and his cheeks. He also hase hair on the sides of his face and under his chin. He has a short hair and brown.

Submitted by Inas El Safty on Mon, 16/11/2020 - 10:53

I'd describe my dad. He had a goatee. He was old, so he had grey straight hair. He liked me whenever I did dreadlocks all over my hair.

Submitted by farhad zada on Mon, 16/11/2020 - 07:15

I going to describe a man who is worthy in philosophy. Shortly he is bald and also homoseual.

Submitted by fariba on Wed, 11/11/2020 - 08:19

he has big moustach and was bald with dark eyes.

Submitted by AprilApple on Tue, 10/11/2020 - 08:49

The valiant pirate with a long dreadlocks, a moustache, a goatee and some beard below his goatee has been travelling throughout his life in the sea and saving people along his adventurous journey. Being an antagonist to his role, he stand justice against the wicked and help the poor and innocents.

Submitted by AprilApple on Tue, 10/11/2020 - 08:29

The man in the picture has a frizzy grey short hair and a moustache just above the well- polished smoke pipe that sank between his lips. He is a man in his 40s that had discovered mass energy equivalence.

Submitted by VR Unnikrishnan on Fri, 06/11/2020 - 13:52

Hello everyone, He is an adult having moustache as well as a beard but some times he keeps his beard as a goatee style. He does not have a toddler but has a teenager daughter who is having curly hair, but his son has straight hair. His grandma has grey hair

Submitted by Ismael on Tue, 03/11/2020 - 12:06

Hello everybody who is she?. she has a long hair, of course without beard and moustache and she is not teenager is an adult. She has thin lips, is tall and pretty woman, sometimes as performance She has curly hair, short hair. beside She made a famous movie in the 90´s as a protagonist with Richard Gere.

Submitted by carrascodark on Sat, 31/10/2020 - 18:38

I'm going to describe somebody famous in History. He has a lot of beard on his two sides of the face, down to his neck and hang down of his chin, and a lot of grey hair. He's also wearing a very formal clothes. Who is it?
Лев Николаевич Толстой?? He got the Nobel Prize in Literature. ;)

Submitted by Zamira on Fri, 30/10/2020 - 19:25

I'd like to describe a person who has a short ginger hair and a beard. He's a tall and a quite handsome man. His mother had a blond hair. His wife has a long black hair. Her skin is dark but not enough.

Submitted by alexiaimogen on Fri, 30/10/2020 - 06:17

I'd describe one of the famous people that I really like the most. He's a Canadian singer but lived in korea now, he has short hair which his hair color always changed almost every month, he has a thin moustache, has a really loud voice and easy laugh.

Submitted by habibao.medo on Sat, 10/10/2020 - 12:10

she has straight long hair , a little bit short , skinny , she is a singer ,arabic singer
Profile picture for user Seekerofthetruth

Submitted by Seekerofthetruth on Mon, 05/10/2020 - 22:06

My man is a well-known rapper (well, I think so). He is bald. He has a black skin. His smile is well-natured. You can see this rapper with a bandana on his head. Little tips: one of his songs is called "Me against the world". Guess who he is?
Hello.. greetings from Guadalajara Mexico.. the city of mariachi and tequila. I think that is 2pac.. a wonderful rap singer
Profile picture for user msalli

Submitted by msalli on Tue, 29/09/2020 - 06:37

My friend is a handsome man. He is long curly hair. His hair usually has dredlocks.

Submitted by flavie.A on Mon, 28/09/2020 - 00:07

I' ll describe my first son who was so cute when he was a toddler, as teenager he became very shy. Today, he's a grown up ,very dark in complexion. Sometime ago he kept his hair in dreadlocks but now ,he's got his hair cut very short and puts on a goatee. He takes great care of his physical appearance and is very well spoken of were ever he goes. I'm so proud of that.

Submitted by Amanda_123 on Wed, 23/09/2020 - 15:25

I'm going to describe a British singer, he has a brown and curly hair, he has blue eyes, he used to have a long hair, but now he got his hair cut , he is also tall and thin.

Submitted by Faby Suray on Tue, 15/09/2020 - 04:04

i am going to describe my mom, she has short and curly hair, she is 64 years old she has grey hair.

Submitted by Emily Mellor on Fri, 11/09/2020 - 12:56

A short boy with brown complexion, short hair, a little moustache is my boyfriend. He is about 22 years old. So we both are not teenagers. I felt very happy because of having such boyfriend. But unfortunately, we broke up.

Submitted by Maff on Wed, 09/09/2020 - 00:29

I'm going to describe my dad who has a beard and curly hair.

Submitted by Campos jorge on Tue, 08/09/2020 - 21:46

My favorite person is one piece , he have the short hair and hair cafe.

Submitted by Brian H.A on Tue, 08/09/2020 - 19:24

She is an adolescent, she has long hair, no moustache ir beats AND so beautiful

Submitted by César Ortiz Romero on Tue, 08/09/2020 - 06:19

I am going to describe my favorite player who has straight hair, no beard and play wonderful

Submitted by Pola on Mon, 07/09/2020 - 21:24

I am going to describe a famous player, from a short while he was sentenced to prison, but he is tall stature and his hairstyle is dreadlocks and without a beard or moustache.

Submitted by amisita on Mon, 07/09/2020 - 11:49

I am going to describe a brown skinned old professional footballer. he had dreadlocks. sometimes he had a goatee and some times only a light moustache. all the time he wore colorful glasses.

Submitted by Rahim khan on Sun, 06/09/2020 - 14:35

I am going to describe my favorite actor who has black beard and heavy mustache with long hair .

Submitted by Asni on Sat, 22/08/2020 - 22:08

I'm going to describe one of my favourite actors. He's an American producer and rapper as well. He's a handsome middle aged man, brown skinned with short black hair. He sometimes appears with a beard, but most of the time, he's got a goatee that makes him look even more attractive. He's just brilliant and most of his shows were very successful.

Submitted by John A. on Thu, 20/08/2020 - 16:27

A very easy one to guess ; Black skin man, bald with a moustache. Very tall guy with an earring at the left ear...... I can also help you by saying he was one of the most famous basketball player of the Chicago Bulls :)

Submitted by wilca on Mon, 10/08/2020 - 21:46

This famous person is an hilarios short mature adult of around 40 year, he has black skin, brown, short and courly hair, he also has a coatee with sometimes a beard line in the edges of his jaw. Who is?

Submitted by Giahaitruong on Thu, 06/08/2020 - 13:19

My favourite actor is Robert Downey Jr. He has a coatee ,short and straight hair when he acted Iron Man

Submitted by Mohammad64 on Tue, 28/07/2020 - 22:14

He has curved mostache with bald hair

Submitted by Maribel Carreño on Thu, 16/07/2020 - 21:12

Guess who? She´s a beautiful woman from Hollywood, she´s got long, straight blond hair, she´s got small round blue eyes, she´s thin and intellingent. She has worked in several films with Adam Sandler.

Submitted by alicia_bellini on Thu, 16/07/2020 - 17:28

He is a very handsome man. He is tall and athletic, with dark hair and a small goatee that is getting gray

Submitted by leandralandeo on Sat, 11/07/2020 - 23:00

short woman, look like a toddler, she has a short and few hair, she is too thin

Submitted by fatfat on Thu, 09/07/2020 - 11:49

I want to describe a footballer. He is very long and handsome. He has yellow hair, beard and green eyes. He is playing in a big football club now. Also he is married with a famous singer woman and they have 2 children. Do you know him?

Submitted by Fera Tumika on Tue, 23/06/2020 - 15:31

I know someone a famous person. She is a artist and famous singer. She come from Indonesia. She has a long hair and srainght hair. she is fourty six years old. She became one of jury of talent research "Asia Got Talent" since 2015 with David Foster , Melanie Chisholm and Vanness Wuu. Do you know her?
I know her. Her name is Anggun, right? She is a good singer with gold voice. I know her, because I am Indonesian and her face appears so many time in my television. Greeting from Indonesia!

Submitted by Fernando Belmonte on Mon, 22/06/2020 - 16:41

Could you guess my character? Well it wouldn´t be easy but lets start the challenge. I need you to guess who´s the person which beard still been famous until know. He was a recognized sailor with a huge black beard. If you think I have already said the answer you are wrong.

Submitted by Boutheina2003 on Wed, 17/06/2020 - 13:28

I want to describe a famous hollywoodian actor ... this person is bald with a light beard and green eyes Hint: he starred in (Transported)

Submitted by Hazard10 on Wed, 17/06/2020 - 08:47

I would like to describe my friend he has a bald and big nose, and he is a short man

Submitted by Dilnoza Sulaymonova on Fri, 12/06/2020 - 14:53

HE is bald

Submitted by Giovanna.palauro on Thu, 11/06/2020 - 16:09

I would like to describe a famous singer that I love: She is a black woman and has curly hair, brown eyes and a powerful voice. She is British and belongs to a group called Little Mix.

Submitted by SeemaVC on Thu, 11/06/2020 - 06:47

I’m going to describe a famous strong woman persona here. She’s fair, has a long nose and short hair, and she always wears light colour saree. Who’s she?

Submitted by Cíntia Karine on Sun, 07/06/2020 - 15:48

The person I'd like to describe is a woman. She is North American, black, has black hair and a beautiful smile. She also was a importante leader on USA and fight for the black and woman rights.