Shopping for clothes

Shopping for clothes

Listen to a conversation in a shop to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Preparation

Shop assistant: Hello, can I help you?

Customer: I'm just looking, thanks.

Customer: Excuse me?

Shop assistant: Yes?

Customer: Where are the changing rooms?

Shop assistant: They're over there. Behind you.

Customer: Thank you.

Customer: Hi. Excuse me again. Do you have this jumper in black?

Shop assistant: Yes, just a moment. What size do you need?

Customer: Extra small, please.

Shop assistant: Here you are.

Customer: How much is this?

Shop assistant: It's £29.

Customer: Can I pay by credit card?

Shop assistant: Yes, you can. Of course.

Shop assistant: Would you like a bag for that?

Customer: Yes, please.

Task 1

Task 2

Average: 4.2 (102 votes)

Submitted by m.someah on Tue, 01/12/2020 - 15:32

Most women are keen on shopping and I am not an exception. Indeed, going to malls and markets make me feel relaxed and confident. As we are struggling with covid-19 these days, I just buy my necessities from online shops. However, I usually used to go shopping once or twice a month for clothes or shoes.

Submitted by Sergio1994 on Sun, 29/11/2020 - 16:25

i want to shopping in best buy or any store of usa, canada to practice my english. But in this situation of covid, there are few flights in m country.

Submitted by hasan.kumek on Sat, 28/11/2020 - 16:33

I'd likebto go shopping mall. I can go to shopping tomorrow. This days we have black friday and every there we can see some discount. I order shoes and a sweat.

Submitted by khurmat on Thu, 26/11/2020 - 16:09

Site is the best. Thanks for all.
Profile picture for user DJ Singh

Submitted by DJ Singh on Tue, 24/11/2020 - 10:13

Oh Yeah, I love doing shopping, when I need something quick I go for offline shopping. on the other hand, if I am not in hurry I mean I can wait for 3-4 days to get delivered my order within sometimes then I go for online shopping with lots of variety. Going out shopping is fun but if I want to save time and do advance shopping I go online.

Submitted by Carlos Cabrera on Wed, 18/11/2020 - 03:27

I like shopping technology online, is very easy and simple. Rarely go shopping a store.

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Wed, 21/10/2020 - 07:12

Yes, I like to shopping. In India festival season has been starting. I and my family goes to shopping.

Submitted by GhazalQadriRazvi on Mon, 19/10/2020 - 22:27

Actually I don't enjoy going shopping that much. Its a tiring process. I like to shop online more. It's easy and convenient for me.

Submitted by Samqaid on Sat, 17/10/2020 - 20:33

Yes, I enjoy shopping. .I go to buy clothes with my friends. I love it so much. I can flirt girls and make a fun .it was interesting. Every one here goes to shopping at Eid times .especially at Ramadan month.