Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
From: Arina Marat, HR Assistant
To: Jane Claret
Subject: Your appointment on 14 March
Dear Ms Claret,
Thank you for your email.
I am writing to confirm your appointment with our HR manager, Mrs Sofia Aronov.
Your appointment will take place at 3 p.m. on Thursday 14 March at our Astana offices in Emerald Towers.
When you arrive, please go to the reception on the 26th floor and ask for me. I will take you to Mrs Aronov's office.
We look forward to meeting you soon.
1. If you don’t know the person well, start your email with Dear + the person’s name.
2. For women, use Ms + surname unless you know they prefer to use Miss or Mrs.
3. Say thank you if you are replying to their email.
4. At the start of your email, say why you are writing: I’m writing to + verb +… .
5. Write the day (Thursday), date (14 March) and place (our Astana offices in the Emerald Towers) clearly.
6. Explain clearly what they should do when they arrive for the appointment.
7. At the end of your email, you can say I/We look forward to meeting/hearing from/seeing you soon.
8. Use Best regards or Best wishes and sign off with your name and your job title.