A professional profile

Learn how to write a professional profile.

Reading text

David Beddingfield

Digital Marketing Manager

______________________________

Summary

Over the past six years I have held various roles in the field of digital marketing and communication and currently lead a small team in the Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) sector. I have a proven track record of planning and implementing successful digital marketing campaigns across a range of channels.

______________________________

Experience

Digital Marketing Manager
Krunch Ltd
Jan 2017 – Present

My role involves strategic focus on all areas of digital marketing within the company and working closely with the main marketing and communications teams. I design and lead all our digital marketing campaigns.

Digital Marketing Executive
Krunch Ltd
June 2014 – Dec 2016

I was responsible for overall social media strategy. I worked on many campaigns to drive engagement with the customers of our breakfast cereals and bars to build brand loyalty. I also led on three key product launches.

Digital Marketing Assistant
Food2Grab Ltd
Sept 2013 – May 2014

In this role I developed my existing knowledge and skills in the fields of social media and consumer goods. I supported the design of multi-channel marketing campaigns to promote brand awareness of our healthy snack range.

Tips

1. Your online profile needs to be concise, engaging and convincing.
  2. State a clear title/role under your name.
  3. Your summary should be in short paragraphs.
  4. Think about who you want to read your profile and write in an appropriate style for them.
  5. Add links to examples of your work if you have them.
  6. Check it carefully and get feedback from a friend or colleague.

Submitted by seito kaito on Wed, 03/06/2020 - 10:18

Maybe, I do not have an online profile. it is difficult for me to answer because I don’t understand what an online profile mean a little bit. So, I will guess and try to write. My name is kaito seito. I am 20 years old. I was born and raised in Chiba prefecture. I graduated from high school in 2019 and currently I am commuting to university. I am currently studying English and French at university. However, I am not very good at either. So, I would be happy if you could give me some advice in English and French. Universities not only study but also have various circles. I belong to the futsal circle.  I have been playing baseball since I was elementary school student, but after I entered university, I wanted to try a different sport and started playing futsal, which is completely different from baseball. Futsal is a very difficult sport, but I like futsal very much. I want to try various thigs from now on. Thank you very much.

Submitted by Ayano on Tue, 02/06/2020 - 13:13

Maybe, I don’t have an online profile. It is difficult for me to answer and to think about online profile because I’ve never heard this word, online profile, and I don’t know it at all.Therefore, I’ll try to image if I want to see people who is studying Japanese now. Of course, I write my name, my native place, and the distinction sex. In the past, most people wrote my sex in some papers. However, recently, I think that it doesn’t become normal. There are many kinds of people in the world. Therefore, everyone doesn’t necessarily have to write your sex on the online profile or in some papers. I’ll go back to the subject of online profile. In addition to, I want to write my hobbies, culture that I like the best in Japan and in the world. In this way, I think someone is interested in me when you saw my online profile and the chance is increased to talk with me in Japanese. To thinking from my position, if I found someone who match me in the point of hobbies or something that you like, maybe I think I’ll try to talk this person. From these, I haven’t written online profile, but it is important for us to write and see your online profile.

Submitted by Chipinque on Sun, 17/05/2020 - 18:25

I have an online profile, one suggestion is to keep it up to date , short and concise. Also, double check the spelling and grammar before posting new information in your profile.

Submitted by Masas on Thu, 30/04/2020 - 00:47

In task 1 question 3 ,the answer is False 'why?

Hello Masas,

The answer is false because David held two posts in Krunch Ltd. From 2017 to the present he has worked as a Digital Marketing Manager, but before that he worked as a Digital Marketing Executive, starting in 2014. Thus, he joined Krunch Ltd. in 2014, not 2017.

Submitted by rabusrai on Sun, 26/04/2020 - 17:31

I don't have online profile. I just know to writing techniques.

Submitted by JuanManuelLopezGil on Tue, 21/04/2020 - 00:11

Yeah, I have a LinkedIn account in English where can explain my skills and professional experience in little words.

Submitted by fathibba34 on Mon, 20/04/2020 - 07:48

I think now its very important to have an online profile, because when we ask for job, all administrations or manufacturers demand it , but in same time, its so important to have a curriculum vitae prepared in our computer or phone, and to send it if some one ask about it. finally, if i have an online profil or curriculum vitae are two sides of the same coin, the most important for me to know how you can presenting yourself to others in this sammary.

Submitted by OlaIELTS on Sat, 18/04/2020 - 23:21

Yes. I did. No any other tips to be added, it's really okay.

Submitted by SANDRA YINNET on Sat, 18/04/2020 - 20:54

Sandra Castro M Chemical Engineer Summary I am a professional of sales chemical area, with more 20th years of experience. I have worked with products by textil industry, laboratory products and products for treatment water. Experience Commercial Manager Hydrochem SAS January 2011- Present Currently I perfom in the commercial area of my company, we are company dedicated to treatment water from drinking water to industrial water. We attend different sectors of the industry for example: farmaceutical, food and beverage, with and others. Sell products by osmosis reverse, nanofiltration, ultrafiltration the recognized brands in this market, and we offer engenieer service with calificated personal.

Submitted by Nova on Thu, 16/04/2020 - 18:02

I have an old online profile but i have to create a new profile soon. I am Product Manager of medical products company.I joined this job as a technical support since 2014.Then i promoted as a product manager in 2016.

Submitted by gus_triani on Thu, 16/04/2020 - 13:24

I've noticed that most of the comments didn't mention tips, as require in the lesson. Well, one tip that I would share is to select keywords and common expressions related to your own field or sector of interest and emphasize them in your resume (if you have any experience to share, evidently). Take mine for example: Culture, Movies, Education, Content, Teaching. For nine years I've been working in the field of Creative Economy in Florianópolis (Brazil). During this period, I performed as Cultural Producer, analyzing, promoting and curating cultural projects, especially movies. Also, I produced content for educational products, like videos and magazines.

Submitted by surya on Fri, 03/04/2020 - 14:57

I am Surya poudyal from Nepal. I live in Butwal. It lies in the western part of Nepal. Our cities have a big and high population. It is the Terai region. I have completed in bachelor's degree from purbanchal university in 2019. I have working experience in 12 years. My role & responsibilities have different in different organizations. I am working in Jhpiego since 2017. My position have district coordinator now.

Submitted by Cotufa84 on Wed, 01/04/2020 - 15:19

Yes, I have an online profile. But it is old. Recently, I got my Political Science Degree's. I have to actualize my online profile.

Submitted by mohanad alaa on Fri, 27/03/2020 - 18:34

i gratuated recently so i dont have online profile but i will prepare one in the near future to help me to find a good job

Submitted by Sergey Sh on Sun, 22/03/2020 - 01:18

Sergey Sh Sales Executive Manager Summary Over the past eight years I've held various positions in the field of sales and at the moment lead a big team in the Sales and Marketing sector. I have a proven track record of planning and implementing successful sales plans across a wide range of goods as well as experience in leadership a big group of people to provide control a full cycle from producing to selling. Experience Sales Executive Manager Samberi Group of Shops Dec 2018 - Present My current role involves focus on all areas of sales and marketing within the company and leadership all separate teams responsible for full cycle of sales in the company. I design and lead all our sales and marketing companies and have a role of superviser of big team. Sales Manager Assistant Samberi Group of Shops May 2015 - Dec 2018 I developed my existing knowledge and skills in the field of sales planning and leading the team. Also there were some duties of suppliement I was ressponsible for. One of my key duties was building brand loyality to our products. Shop Assistant DNS Digital Store Sept 2013 - May 2015 I this position I was responsible for selling of household appliances of different brands according to a set plan. Among my duties were consulting potential clients and driving engagement with them of our own DNS production items.

Submitted by Magedelabd on Tue, 10/03/2020 - 14:58

Yes i have an on line profile on the Linkedin giving a summary about my carrier . i am am automotive service center manager since 2010 . i started in this field as a maintenance technician in 2003 then promoted to diagnostic tech , in-house trainer , workshop foreman then finally a service manager.

Submitted by Mansoori on Sat, 07/03/2020 - 12:14

I graduated recently so i haven't a online profile but i'm going to prepare one for Linkedin. That's might help me to find a job. In my opinion honesty and mentioning of best features ourselves help others to know about us better.

Submitted by maqsoodibrahim on Wed, 04/03/2020 - 18:50

I am a GRC consultant in cyber security firm based in Australia, where my main job role is to identify the gaps and perform audit as per different security standards. Previously I was associated with the financial sector where my main responsibilities included vulnerability assessment, risk assessment, performing root cause analysis and communication with the top management. I have profile in social media LinkedIn which has really helped in strengthening the communication with the other people, it also assist me in finding my dream job as per my job.

Submitted by Thanh Luu on Fri, 28/02/2020 - 09:31

I currently graduated from University and my major is accounting. I am now working in different industry to earn a living during my job search. This will help me to save up money and build a new skills and also this job is still good because it gives me some time to self-study and improve my english. I also intend to enroll myself for further studying in next July. This course will help me alot in my future career as an accountant. I would be happy if I have a part time accounting job in July and study advance accounting course for the rest of the date off. I wish to finish the advance course within in 1 year, improving my english to advance level and then reapplying for full time career. For the tips: I think candidate should think of 1 or 2 points of achievement in the past or current job, this will help you stand out of other candidates. All responsible duties should be in dot point for HR manager easy to skim as well.

Submitted by Myo Zin on Wed, 26/02/2020 - 15:53

Hi all now I hold a position as project assistant nutrition in SCI myanmar.

Submitted by Nikolaos Stavr… on Wed, 26/02/2020 - 14:33

I'm currently an agronomist and manager for an agricultural company. Over the past ten years, I have held various roles in the field of agronomy. I'm currently responsible for plant, harvest, and care for the growing crop. I take notes on the crop as it grows. My role involves looking for ways to increase soil productivity. In my previous role, I worked for federal and state governments at research stations. In my current role, I have also organized a plant pathology department with five pathologists and two surveyors.

Submitted by Elius Hossain on Wed, 19/02/2020 - 10:45

Currently, I hold a position as a college teacher. Before, getting into here, I have completed my Bachelor of Arts from a reputed university. Being a college teacher, I have to drill with students in English. My English skill is now at intermediate level. Now, I am doing very well bring it at advanced level.

Submitted by Nwe Oo Mon on Tue, 11/02/2020 - 12:35

I only have an online profile on LinkedIn. Over the past six years, I have held in the field of Microfinance and currently I am an underwriter. I have a proven take record of communication and strong decision making and underwriting skill.

Submitted by conejo on Mon, 20/01/2020 - 02:28

For me, the main Tip for a succesful profile is to write always the truth about your experience, the Number of years worked and achivements in all jobs.

Submitted by ramya ganesh on Fri, 13/12/2019 - 17:48

yes ,i have a linkedin profile for sharing my profile .We need to update our online profile up to date and we should keeping on developing skills related to one's field.Provide proper information with valid certification and details .

Submitted by Aswad371 on Wed, 11/12/2019 - 14:57

I have a profile in different social media portals which helps to maintain my professional network and make myself accessible for new trends related to my career, opening job opportunities. usually, when I create any profile I do my best to show up a summary of my experience, where I worked and am working currently, the key skills and knowledge I have. eventually, it should be concise, engaging and convincing.

Submitted by arun on Thu, 05/12/2019 - 04:48

This the the world of internet and distances have reduces because of this facility. Need of job brought me to professional site. I have a profile in linkedln . I have written many this related to my education and grades in that profile. Because i am a fresh job seeker so i don not have experiences . Although I have worked over few projects during my master degree So that project are en experience for me which I have mentioned in profile. Some Interested companies had offered me work and I am doing work with one of them.

Submitted by cittàutopica on Tue, 22/10/2019 - 18:09

I only have an online profile on Linkedin, but I have insert in this website the essential data about me, without photo. I think he who's looking for a job ought to write his profile so that who read this has a complete image of his skills, experience and personality.

Submitted by gicandrade on Wed, 09/10/2019 - 11:05

Hello all, I have profile in the most popular social media, Linkedin. In most of then, I believe we need to be honest and true. I have a lot of experience in my carrier, so I preferred to remove some companys. I'm jounalist and I worked for over 18 years in my profession. I had have a lot of sucessful since I graduated, I had worked on the main company's in my area. currently, I'm a master student at University of Minho, in communication science and I'm becoming a resarcher in science communication. At the moment, I develop a research in the communication of the working relationship.

Submitted by Cynthia A on Sun, 04/08/2019 - 16:46

Yes, I have a profile with LinkedIn. In my opinion, adding two to three skills could be an additional advantage.

Submitted by Sandi on Wed, 10/07/2019 - 15:35

Hello. I do have online profile in various job seeking site like LinkedIn, Indeed and Job Street. I think it is not easy to get a job from job site as a fresher. It is important to reflect all of your career path.

Submitted by minjulu on Tue, 11/06/2019 - 10:02

Currently, I am responsible for oil & gas plant marketing of Asia Pacific reason. I would like to improve and enhance my English skill by this very useful website. Your continued feedback and support would be highly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Submitted by smell08 on Wed, 15/05/2019 - 09:59

Yes I have online profile on saramin site about jobseeking. In my point of view, to attract manager's sight, We have to write contents briefly but those can represent critical point. Practice make you perfect! Also Before writing, you investigated company information like ideal employee, attitude, aim, history and others. By doing this, you can identify whether the company is fit for you or not.

Submitted by Hugh_Sungho on Tue, 23/04/2019 - 20:48

I do have online profiles on various websites, such as Linkedin or Indeed. In my opinion, as a current job seeker who is not a native speaker in English, using action verbs are quite important when you make an online profile. You may refer the website themuse.com for advice on "Powerful verbs that will make your resume awesome", which I use when I make my profile.

Submitted by jcsj1172 on Thu, 28/03/2019 - 08:38

Hi, I have online profiles in several most popular social networks, like Facebook, Twiter and Google. But I think the mos important professional profile is in LinkedIn Social Network. I am a Computer Science Teacher since 2002 and I want to mantein my profile up to date.

Submitted by Gulbanu on Tue, 12/03/2019 - 11:03

I have profiles in several most popular social networks. Any of them are compliantly full of information about me. And anyone looks as my resume or professional profile. I share only general facts, some photo. That's because of i am not looking for a new job right now, and it does not matter for me.