Shopping for clothes

Listen to a conversation in a shop to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Shop assistant: Hello, can I help you?

Customer: I'm just looking, thanks.

Customer: Excuse me?

Shop assistant: Yes?

Customer: Where are the changing rooms?

Shop assistant: They're over there. Behind you.

Customer: Thank you.

Customer: Hi. Excuse me again. Do you have this jumper in black?

Shop assistant: Yes, just a moment. What size do you need?

Customer: Extra small, please.

Shop assistant: Here you are.

Customer: How much is this?

Shop assistant: It's £29.

Customer: Can I pay by credit card?

Shop assistant: Yes, you can. Of course.

Shop assistant: Would you like a bag for that?

Customer: Yes, please.

Do you need to improve your English listening skills?

A1 English level (elementary)

Submitted by Majidaa909 on Sun, 07/03/2021 - 20:22

I rarely go to shopping because I usually used online shopping.I go shopping twice a year.

Submitted by Brenda Patrici… on Thu, 04/03/2021 - 18:14

Yeah, I love shopping, I go shopping every six months though, I don't have a lot of clothes, but I enjoy every time I buy new clothes.

Submitted by vespinosa10 on Mon, 22/02/2021 - 15:44

yes, i like shooping. Both but i think so y like buy more shoes and pants.

Submitted by In on Fri, 05/02/2021 - 07:12

yes, I love shopping. But I try to not do it too often. Depends on what I need if is winter I usually need a jacket or sometimes new tennis.

Submitted by ANOUAR on Thu, 04/02/2021 - 13:11

Yes I love shooping! I don't spend so much time in shooping because it waste your money, I do love shooping when I buy something I need

Submitted by senaguner on Mon, 01/02/2021 - 01:40

I like shopping and when I do shopping I enjoy.However I can not go out nowadays because of Coronavirus. So I could not buy anything last months for me.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Sun, 31/01/2021 - 14:18

I got a warm wool blanket. It's not actually a cloth like a sweater, but it can be a cloth like a poncho. ;)

Submitted by mostafa99 on Sun, 31/01/2021 - 06:20

I enjoy shopping, I enjoy going mall even if I didn't want to buy anything.

Submitted by kautsar on Sat, 30/01/2021 - 13:49

yes, i do. in that case i did'nt buy clothes and shoes frequently. sometimes i buy 1 shoes or clothes and then i did'nt buy more for a long time.

Submitted by May Sabai Phyu on Sun, 24/01/2021 - 04:49

I enjoy shopping. I sometimes go shopping to buy some longyi and blouses.

Submitted by German on Wed, 20/01/2021 - 01:05

I enjoy shopping but when I like a shoes or clothes I buy it fast and the last times I have bought shoes online

Submitted by paola Beltran on Mon, 18/01/2021 - 21:45

I enjoy to go to shopping sometimes I go shopping I buy dress, skirts. Also I like buy shirt. I almost never buy shoes.

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Wed, 30/12/2020 - 07:12

Hi everyone, I am new here. I like to go shopping but this pandemic affect the world throughly. I study at university. When I feel distress I usually go to malls and cinema. I enjoy full of time in this day and I do that because be free stress.

Submitted by glen on Sun, 20/12/2020 - 21:21

Yes, everyone, I suppose love shopping indeed, I go shopping almost every week before but during this time of crisis I only do online clothes shopping and with a limit. I have to be very careful with my spending these days.

Submitted by Tatiana barrera on Tue, 15/12/2020 - 17:25

I like to buy new clothes,I always buy it around six months or one year

Submitted by pabloxje on Wed, 09/12/2020 - 03:18

It depends, some days I am happy to go shopping, but other days, specially when I'm tired, I hate going to the shop.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Fri, 04/12/2020 - 15:10

Not really, thanks to Covid-19...

Submitted by myle on Fri, 04/12/2020 - 09:38

Hi! I've checked the answer sheet. Is there anyone who sees in Task 1 the order of sentence 4 và 5 should switch? I think they numbered the wrong position

Hello myle,

You are right -- the two options are not in the correct order on the worksheet. I've made a note for us to fix this.

Thanks for taking the time to point this out to us and I'm sorry for any confusion!

Submitted by Aidana Omirbek on Thu, 03/12/2020 - 17:03

Yes, I like shoping because this is relax moment for me. I goes shoping every 2 months. I like bought comfortable shoes, for example sneakers, boots. Also, I loved many different dresses.

Submitted by m.someah on Tue, 01/12/2020 - 15:32

Most women are keen on shopping and I am not an exception. Indeed, going to malls and markets make me feel relaxed and confident. As we are struggling with covid-19 these days, I just buy my necessities from online shops. However, I usually used to go shopping once or twice a month for clothes or shoes.

Submitted by Sergio1994 on Sun, 29/11/2020 - 16:25

i want to shopping in best buy or any store of usa, canada to practice my english. But in this situation of covid, there are few flights in m country.

Submitted by hasan.kumek on Sat, 28/11/2020 - 16:33

I'd likebto go shopping mall. I can go to shopping tomorrow. This days we have black friday and every there we can see some discount. I order shoes and a sweat.

Submitted by khurmat on Thu, 26/11/2020 - 16:09

Site is the best. Thanks for all.
Profile picture for user DJ Singh

Submitted by DJ Singh on Tue, 24/11/2020 - 10:13

Oh Yeah, I love doing shopping, when I need something quick I go for offline shopping. on the other hand, if I am not in hurry I mean I can wait for 3-4 days to get delivered my order within sometimes then I go for online shopping with lots of variety. Going out shopping is fun but if I want to save time and do advance shopping I go online.

Submitted by Carlos Cabrera on Wed, 18/11/2020 - 03:27

I like shopping technology online, is very easy and simple. Rarely go shopping a store.

Submitted by Pedro Javier on Sun, 08/11/2020 - 15:24

I love shopping, I like to go and see all the stores and buy new clothes and shoes to look good at all times, also now I like to buy online is a good option to avoid crowding in stores and find the best prices. I actually shop when I really need something, if there is something I don't like is to go shopping with my wife, she visits all the stores and doesn't like anything, She is very hesitant

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Wed, 21/10/2020 - 07:12

Yes, I like to shopping. In India festival season has been starting. I and my family goes to shopping.

Submitted by GhazalQadriRazvi on Mon, 19/10/2020 - 22:27

Actually I don't enjoy going shopping that much. Its a tiring process. I like to shop online more. It's easy and convenient for me.

Submitted by Samqaid on Sat, 17/10/2020 - 20:33

Yes, I enjoy shopping. .I go to buy clothes with my friends. I love it so much. I can flirt girls and make a fun .it was interesting. Every one here goes to shopping at Eid times .especially at Ramadan month.

Submitted by Ugulhan on Thu, 15/10/2020 - 07:06

Oh. I love shopping every day so I go shopping for clothes or shoes. For example, I was yesterday in the shoe shop, and I saw two of my favourite winter shoe and some discount prices for summer shoes. I think I will buy with the discount prices for summer shoes. Later, I will buy winter shoes.

Submitted by DEICY on Mon, 12/10/2020 - 18:59

I love buy shoes an clothes, but I don't like go to shopping in busy or crowded places.

Submitted by Htet Wint Thu Aung on Sat, 10/10/2020 - 17:12

If there is anything to go for a trip or I want to get new clothes or shoes, I go shopping.

Submitted by Moon Wathan on Sat, 10/10/2020 - 16:25

Yeah, I like shopping. I go the shopping per month for clothes or shoes. I think this shopping day will be the last day of month because it is the day I get the salary from work.

Submitted by Maria19 on Tue, 06/10/2020 - 21:07

Yes, I enjoy shopping online. It's much better for me because in this way my time is less wasted.
Profile picture for user Donrodrigo888

Submitted by Donrodrigo888 on Thu, 01/10/2020 - 23:38

I sometimes go to the shopping but because of the covid 19, I am not going to the shopping this year.

Submitted by Kishen on Mon, 28/09/2020 - 08:25

Yes,I love to shopping but I don't know what I have to buy.I will go to shopping with my friend when they called me to go there.

Submitted by jakevn on Wed, 23/09/2020 - 13:47

this lesson is very easy

Submitted by Pola on Sun, 20/09/2020 - 18:20

Yes, I do. I enjoy shopping with my best friend, I don't like to shopping from the websites. Usually I go to shopping every end of season I'm harry up to the shopping before end of the sale.
Profile picture for user Giza Maria

Submitted by Giza Maria on Sat, 19/09/2020 - 00:04

I don't like shopping, think it's very boring...
Profile picture for user shelly

Submitted by shelly on Mon, 07/09/2020 - 07:17

Yes, I enjoy it very much. Usually go to the supermarket once or twice a week, but I rearly buy clothes in the mall or in the supermarket. I like buying clothes on-line because it is very convinience and you could buy something at anytime/anyplaces. Meanwhile it is very easy to change for another one or return it back if you donot like it.

Submitted by Lysa on Fri, 04/09/2020 - 11:15

Of course I do but I go shopping clothes and/or shoes only when I am in need.

Submitted by Faheem Khan on Mon, 31/08/2020 - 03:42

i love to visit supermarket and buy clothes but we just visit twice a year because asian people are not much rich like europrean so due to lack of facility we would not to buy everyrhing

Submitted by Thao mee on Sat, 29/08/2020 - 05:09

My family and i uasully go to supermarket on the weekend. We buy some food and household for next week. I'm crazy about baking cake so i spent time to buy equipment to do this.

Submitted by thuyhup on Fri, 28/08/2020 - 03:00

yeah, I'm interested in shopping, especially when I'm stress, it help me feel more comfortable. I often go shopping for clothes more than for shoes. At least, I buy clothes once a month. As for buying shoes, I only go shopping when it is necessary and about once or twice a year because my shoes have been very durable.

Submitted by biso01 on Mon, 24/08/2020 - 11:55

i think the shopping is the second interesting thing after eating i like it very much and i can spend the whole day in shopping and try the clothes. i usually go to shop every weekend and i spend my whole salary in shopping

Submitted by camiladmelo on Sat, 15/08/2020 - 16:44

Yes, I love shopping. Love buy clothes. It makes me feel renewed.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Wed, 12/08/2020 - 12:33

Recently I don't enjoy shopping for clothes and shoes anymore because of COVID-19... :|

Submitted by MARIANO_HB on Wed, 12/08/2020 - 01:11

I like shopping but I usually buy my things in e-commerce for example Amazon.