A text message invitation

Learn how to write a text message invitation to a friend.

Reading text
Sandra
online

Hey! Want to meet for a drink after work?

14:16

Cool, what time do you finish?

14:21

Late as always crying

14:22

Me too. Msg me when you leave

14:22

OK. Where do you want to go?

14:23

IDK. I might be hungry tho

14:24

Good point.

14:25

I'll think of somewhere to eat.

14:25

I know what you're like when you're hungry! wink

14:27

LOL, I'm not that bad!

14:31

Don't worry. We can meet at the bus stop and decide then.

14:31

yes See you later

14:32

Tips

1. You don't need to write complete sentences.
  2. You can use abbreviations like LOL (= laugh out loud) or IDK (= I don't know) to save time.
  3. Use emojis smiley to add feelings.
  4. You don't need to use full stops (.) at the end of messages.

Submitted by pacha809 on Sun, 08/03/2020 - 08:43

As my family lives far from me, in Belgium, while I live in the South of France, we usually use modern means of commuications as "Whatsapp or Viber" or text messages to keep in touch each other. So every day, I can see and hear my children and grand-children. To specify the dates of our meetings or the dates during which we babysit the children, we always use SMS. It is more prudent not to forget the periods

Submitted by s4lemm on Wed, 04/03/2020 - 00:18

I usually send lots of text messages to my friends, or if we together we speak to make plans. I also hate to talk on cellphone, I really prefer text messagens.

Submitted by Noor2008 on Thu, 27/02/2020 - 22:45

I like to speak to my friends if we making plans over the phone

Submitted by Noor2008 on Thu, 27/02/2020 - 22:17

Hi Sahra can we go out tomorrow I’m off my work so I was thinking if we can go to dinner and cinema, if you don’t have any other plans and we can have fun like old days

Submitted by Magedelabd on Sat, 15/02/2020 - 16:54

I prefer to send messages

Submitted by Adriana Menegale on Mon, 27/01/2020 - 11:39

I preffer send a voice message or call to my friends when we make plans

Submitted by smga22 on Sun, 26/01/2020 - 04:53

I prefer to send msg through WhatsApp to my friends. In-office if I am in a meeting and someone is calling me. I send a short message.

Submitted by Vidyasagar on Sat, 25/01/2020 - 16:55

It depends. I usually send text if don't want to prolong the conversation. Sometimes, when i feel its urgent, i make a call to speak.

Submitted by MaryaSun on Mon, 20/01/2020 - 14:39

i usually send to my friends a lot of messages but, sometimes, i send them only one vocal message to plane our meeting.

Submitted by Berenice on Thu, 02/01/2020 - 03:17

I have a wrong in a comment because I wrote they haven't available and the correct is they aren't available

Submitted by Berenice on Thu, 02/01/2020 - 03:01

I prefer to send messages to my friends, sometimes they haven't available to speak.

Submitted by Ai Nguyen on Thu, 26/12/2019 - 08:38

I prefer to send text message to friends to make plans. Making plan usually takes time and there are a lots of changes during the process such as time, place, participants, activities, etc. With message, I and my friends can easily update the changes.

Submitted by masoma123 on Thu, 19/12/2019 - 08:42

it depends on my situation, sometimes I have time and credit then I call to my friends, otherwise I prefer to msg him or her.

Submitted by shahhoseini on Sat, 14/12/2019 - 14:38

I prefer to speak with my friends by phone. but sometimes I send text messages to them.

Submitted by Laura390 on Mon, 09/12/2019 - 19:16

Today the massages help to speak when be in the work or cannot respond the cell phone, so I have to write, but I prefer speak

Submitted by babosanay on Thu, 05/12/2019 - 00:17

I prefer to speak to my friend to make any plan or just talk. But if I need to make a plan with someone who I don't know much, I would send a text message first for his/her consideration and make a call.

Submitted by elit.sw on Tue, 26/11/2019 - 11:40

I always prefer to send text messages if I am contacting an English speaker friend. I have more time to think and I can review my text before sending and correct it if there is any mistake.

Submitted by Dariusz on Sun, 03/11/2019 - 01:05

I depends. I prefer send text of messages by phone but not too much, however I sometimes call because is the fastest way to communicate.

Submitted by HRN1970 on Tue, 29/10/2019 - 16:11

I think there is a mistake in Task 1 ! . There is nothing about having drink in the chat! so the answer of "They are going to have a drink" should be false.

Hello HRN1970

The first person mentions going for a drink in the first line of the conversation. When the second person says 'Cool', that indicates that they like the idea, that is, that they agree to have a drink. This is why the correct answer is True.

All the best

Submitted by Verolili on Thu, 03/10/2019 - 22:23

I prefer to talk with my friend first over the phone and then send him messages to find us.

Submitted by alkamel81 on Tue, 01/10/2019 - 15:30

I send thousands of messages to friends to make plans and most time our plan fail .best funny meeting that with less planning.

Submitted by Magedelabd on Sat, 28/09/2019 - 16:48

When I am doing plans with friends I prefer to do so through the phone call. But sometimes I send text messages to my customers when I could not reach them through the phone calls to tell them about a part arrival date , warranty approval arrival and so on. Thanks .

Submitted by Ola Jamal on Tue, 24/09/2019 - 17:20

I prefer to send text messages for my friends. However if I want to get an appointment or invite someone I do not know them very well I prefer to make a call.

Submitted by ahmad enabosey on Sat, 14/09/2019 - 13:25

as usual. I make call its better for me to explain where we will go and when, in our holiday. But if day work so i prefer text messages. So we meet after work.

Submitted by mattone85 on Wed, 11/09/2019 - 10:56

It depends...sometimes I prefer to send some messages, sometimes I prefer meet my friends

Submitted by Heymar on Wed, 11/09/2019 - 04:13

It depends on situation.But I prefer to send text messages via mobile apps when i make a plan with friends for a dinner or hangout or movie..Because i think that each and everyone of my fri might be busy with their own work to speak on phone.

Submitted by adie reads too on Thu, 05/09/2019 - 13:44

Oftentimes I send messages through text or online messaging apps when my friends are far from me and when it is not possible for us to meet and plan things.

Submitted by aliyazdan on Fri, 30/08/2019 - 14:17

Hello every one At first, I perfer to call my friends for invite them, then send msg about when we'll arrive to appointment

Submitted by bawk san aung on Thu, 22/08/2019 - 08:44

I prefer writing by the time i make appointment. As i don't want to talk to all the time.But sometimes, I think that making invitation make me feel more polite and certain. As do so, I rare with do.

Submitted by Huyen on Wed, 14/08/2019 - 16:13

As usual, I make a call to my friend to save time. But in some cases, I don't know when, where and what we decide to do, I prefer to send some texts. While I wait for my friend's response, I can do other works.

Submitted by shahramuteng on Sat, 10/08/2019 - 22:52

honestly speaking. if I want to make a plan in English, prefer to write lots of text message. but using my mother tongue, I prefer to make a call for make plan.

Submitted by Sonia on Wed, 07/08/2019 - 12:38

Sometimes I prefer to send lots of text messages and sometimes I would like to make calls if we have enough time to talk about a plan. I think speaking is better option when make a plan .

Submitted by Dimpy on Thu, 25/07/2019 - 10:57

A phone call is the preferable choice for me, unless I know that the other person is at someplace ( like in a lecture hall or a meeting ) where he or she won't be able to attend a call but they might reply back to my texts.

Submitted by cittàutopica on Tue, 23/07/2019 - 21:45

Do you send lots of text messages or do you prefer to speak to friends to make plans? It depends on the situations. If we have already made a precise plan, a text message is enough, but, If it's a matter of defining the details, I prefer to make a call.

Submitted by ali328 on Tue, 23/07/2019 - 06:41

I prefer to send messages. I think it's easier than making a phone call.

Submitted by gedi on Tue, 23/07/2019 - 05:54

i like to send massage if i get enough time but usually i like to make a call if there is any urgent situation

Submitted by Lameed Alomdaa on Sun, 21/07/2019 - 23:02

I prefer to text msg rather than making call to make plans .. I don't konw why i just used to do it all the time ..

Submitted by Matthew S on Sat, 20/07/2019 - 21:45

I tend to send text messages to friends instead of calling them, because it is much more convenient for both of us, due to they might be busy working and it will be easy for them to answer a text message whenever they can.

Submitted by Julia Rahma on Thu, 18/07/2019 - 04:06

Yes, i send a lots of text massages to people but if any problem i usually make a plane and talk about that

Submitted by Tử Dương on Wed, 17/07/2019 - 09:27

I prefer to send lots of text messages because I think that is a friendly way!

Submitted by BING70 on Tue, 16/07/2019 - 03:05

If I'm not in hurry to get response from others msg is better I think. If I need to have result right know I'd like to talk to friends face by face or by phone.

Submitted by chris-kutte on Fri, 05/07/2019 - 06:12

I always use text messages to make plans or invitations with friends. It is the easiest way to communicate with other people if I don't know whether they are still at work.

Submitted by moaaxali on Wed, 03/07/2019 - 16:15

I remember and miss my friend we used to invite each other for a walk daily. One thing about me I feel incomplete when I use short phrases in a conversation. Here is the most used short phrase from our daily conversation 'where?' for 'where are you?'.

Submitted by popo1011 on Mon, 01/07/2019 - 06:37

I would like to call up my friends for invite to party , lunch, dinner ,... it is better for me because i hear their sounds and we make plan together. But they are at work , i would prefer to leave a msg.

Submitted by Nagat. on Sun, 30/06/2019 - 18:50

I send lots of text messages to friends and relatives. I'm a member of a group of teachers of English and I'm a teacher of mathematics at a language school. I love your way of learning how to write text messages . You're so helpful and to be here with you is so useful thank you.

Submitted by tooran on Tue, 25/06/2019 - 05:29

It ups to the situation for instance when I am busy especially at work I prefer to send message so I don't need to use my cellphone nonstop. On the other hand, whenever I find a free time I prefer to make a phone call especially to my close friends to arrange a plane which is much more easier than typing;)

Submitted by Cho on Mon, 24/06/2019 - 14:13

I prefer to speak to friends to make plans.