A noticeboard message

Learn how to write a noticeboard message.

Reading text

Looking for a housemate

Single ensuite room available in our lovely three-bedroom house in Didsbury. Five-minute walk from city centre. Move in from 1 June. Shared kitchen and living room with two female housemates, no parking, £600 a month excluding bills. No pets. Contact 07890 123456 for viewing.

Tips

1. Write the main title or idea bigger to catch people's attention.

2. Keep the message short, with only the most important information.

3. Don't put your address on it!

Do you need to improve your English writing skills?
Join thousands of learners from around the world who are improving their English writing skills with our live online classes and personal tutoring courses.

Submitted by AbdelmalekBC on Mon, 29/03/2021 - 01:20

I prefer live in single ensuite room in a three-bedroom house with two housemate, I find it more fanny to live with other people, also It’s too expensive to rent a house alone. the only downside is that the people who lives with you must be polite persons.

Submitted by Nader Ahmed on Sun, 28/03/2021 - 21:38

Sorry, I don't prefer to share my house with anybody except my family, I can share it with my brothers, My cousin, My nephew, and so on.

Submitted by Bandar 777 on Sun, 28/03/2021 - 14:43

I like beautiful Luxury house but Prefer a cheap house if i live Allon in the Future

Submitted by Asni on Tue, 23/03/2021 - 23:54

I would rather live alone than share a house with other people. Even if I'd have to spend more money, it'd be worth it because I'd be buying my well-being. When you live alone, you feel free and chilled as you don't have to bother to ask people to clean or turn down the music. No need to wait ages for your turn to use the kitchen or the bathroom either, you can take your shower whenever it suits you and comfortably sit or lie on your couch in the living room watching your favourite movie all relaxed, no worry whatsoever.

Submitted by Andrea Valencia on Tue, 23/03/2021 - 21:43

I prefer to live alone in a flat
Profile picture for user mdabdulmomenbhuiyan

Submitted by mdabdulmomenbhuiyan on Tue, 23/03/2021 - 06:13

Sometimes I like to stay alone with natural beauty and seaside. Sometimes stay with children is most significant for me. Sometimes tour with children is the best memory of life.
Profile picture for user mdabdulmomenbhuiyan

Submitted by mdabdulmomenbhuiyan on Tue, 23/03/2021 - 06:05

First of all, I would like to thank BRITISH COUNCIL created this such group.

Submitted by azahrara on Wed, 17/03/2021 - 16:26

I prefer live alone because I more comfortable with myself and I really enjoy my days when I am alone.

Submitted by MikhailZatopliaev on Sun, 14/03/2021 - 23:57

I prefer live alone. It is more expensive then share. But I feel more comfortable myself.

Submitted by Carolina97 on Tue, 09/03/2021 - 22:48

I live with my siter, my mom and my grandmother. And I share the bedroom with my sister.

Submitted by PARIMALA MADIAZHAKAN on Sat, 06/03/2021 - 12:47

Yes I prefer share a house to others.
Profile picture for user Marce-English

Submitted by Marce-English on Wed, 03/03/2021 - 17:18

At the moment I live with my family in an apartment, but sometimes it is good to share because that is how you meet people.

Submitted by victor.07 on Tue, 02/03/2021 - 20:47

I prefer to share a house because is more funny

Submitted by TIa vinaka on Tue, 02/03/2021 - 02:45

I prefer to share a house. I used to live in share house when I was in overseas countries. That time I was able to save much money compering with living alone and make a lot of friends. some of them became my besties. but I guess whether the share house is nice or not depends on flatmates.

Submitted by Marwa.alhaiek on Wed, 24/02/2021 - 14:34

It depend on who will be my housemate.

Submitted by LISI20 on Wed, 10/02/2021 - 19:39

well currently I still live with my parents, and I think that there is an age where you just wanna be independient. I won´t like to live alone, I would like to live in a flat with good friends and have fun after work.

Submitted by Nimra on Wed, 10/02/2021 - 16:41

I prefer living alone.

Submitted by becktoan on Wed, 10/02/2021 - 10:27

very good lession. thanks Council.

Submitted by Brenda Patrici… on Tue, 09/02/2021 - 16:05

I would rather live alone, but if is neccesary I would share a house with some friends.

Submitted by Truongus123 on Mon, 08/02/2021 - 03:31

I prefer to share a house with my friends because it'll help save money and somebody to hang out with

Submitted by Alena23 on Tue, 02/02/2021 - 23:23

I used to live in rented properties for years when i was younger , the hardest part was to find nice and clean flatmates . i am still friends with some of them and we did indeed shared some great adventures together .

Submitted by senaguner on Thu, 28/01/2021 - 21:57

ı prefer live alone. I do not like share my house or roms with other people. I like to be alone with myself.

Submitted by cmarmare on Thu, 28/01/2021 - 09:53

I prefer to live alone if it is possible.

Submitted by Mone on Sun, 24/01/2021 - 09:08

I like living alone, but somethimes it would be great to share the flat with an other person I like. So you can have a nice talk in the evenings or cook together on weekends. Rent in Germany is becoming increasingly expensive. Sometimes you haven't a choice to share a flat.

Submitted by Oscar Boada on Sun, 24/01/2021 - 00:05

Actually, i prefer to live alone because you can enjoy with yourself, also, you don´t have to share the house´areas with anyone and the most important you can be peaceful.

Submitted by ANOUAR on Wed, 20/01/2021 - 12:46

Actually, I really prefer to live alone because i can do all what i want without someone to bother me, but also I do love to have someone in my house to share ideas, so in brief I like to live with someone who i love!

Submitted by Leila77 on Tue, 19/01/2021 - 09:21

I prefer to live alone. It's not because I hate people, but I am not a talkative person, and I like to be in a calm environment.

Submitted by tonguyen on Tue, 19/01/2021 - 00:15

I was studying in Germany for 5 years. I prefer to share a more ensuite bedroom house with my best friends, it makes me happy and do not feel alone and do not get homesick a lot.

Submitted by Bashir Abdulkadir on Sat, 16/01/2021 - 20:49

Mainly I prefer to live alone. But when it comes to go to the town I like to go with friends so that we can discuss different ideas.

Submitted by In on Wed, 13/01/2021 - 00:01

At the moment I prefer to share because I am in a foreign country.

Submitted by Honey June on Tue, 12/01/2021 - 04:55

I prefer to share my house with my family or my beloved friends.Living alone is so boring and scary for me.Sharing my house with my beloved person can make me feel warm and happy.We can create memories with full of enjoy,happiness and so on.We can also spend time happily together.So,I'd like to prefer to share my house with my beloved person.

Submitted by Roo on Sat, 09/01/2021 - 07:12

I prefer to live only with my best friends, my sister and my family members only. otherwise, I prefer to live alone Because you don't know the other person with whom you are going to share a room, is what type. I like to be clean, organized, and hygiene. Because I already had an experience living with one girl who is unknown to me and that was a very bad experience she was a very dirty, disorganized and unhygienic type of person. so yeah I like to be alone instead of living with some unknown.

Submitted by Mike Edwards on Sat, 09/01/2021 - 03:41

I prefer to live alone

Submitted by Joesph on Fri, 08/01/2021 - 21:09

I prefer to live with friend rather than alone, But we should to select who will live with it, its very important to know each other very well to have good relation and help each other.

Submitted by mrelvinaliyev on Thu, 07/01/2021 - 15:22

I prefer to share house. I don't like to live alone. Before Corona virus i lived with my friend in one house. We were student and we was studying in same university.
I have been in residence for almost 7 years. when I was in school I had to stay in the hostel. we six friends have stayed in a single room in many years.

Submitted by German on Thu, 07/01/2021 - 01:48

I prefer live alone. I feel better alone in house that to share with another person. Sometimes is good share with others but in general I prefer live alone.

Submitted by fariba on Wed, 06/01/2021 - 08:51

i prefer live alone, because i think to live more relax and life is less problematic.

Submitted by Joselyn15 on Tue, 29/12/2020 - 23:37

I don´t know!. On the one hand, I prefer to share a house, because I can meet people. And for the other side, I want privacy and freedom.

Submitted by Pann Nilar Htun on Mon, 28/12/2020 - 13:17

I am from Myanmar, Rakhine State. As Myanmar traditional, we live all family members together. So, we live parents, brother, sister, my spouse and daughter at the same house. It is no problem. We feel happy and warm. At the dinner, we can share our experience and difficulties from work. I always get good advice from my parents. I have two cats; one Tom and one queen. I have also a small garden. I have some best friends, gathering and having fun. How great my life is! By the way, I don't like to stay alone. It is so lonely and boring.

Submitted by lavande1983 on Fri, 25/12/2020 - 21:29

I prefer to share a house or an apartement with other people. Because living alone with me is very sad. When i was a student, i lived with others 9 female house mates in a room of a student residence. The room was not clean and not big, some people were not tidy , there were 5 bunk beds and only a toillet and a bathroom for 10 people and so we were not confortable. But we were very happy , because we got on well et we shared also many things of life and they are really my best friends although we dont live in the same city now. Each year, we try to gather to remind our good memories

Submitted by Aliz on Tue, 22/12/2020 - 09:02

I prefer to share my house with my family. I can help them and they can help me something. They can make me happy when I'm boring.

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Mon, 21/12/2020 - 15:36

I prefer live alone because alone life is most powerful and knowing himself.

Submitted by Anhi on Sun, 20/12/2020 - 10:48

I definitely prefer to live alone or with people i get on well. It´s tricky though because on one side, sharing a house is cheaper, and living with others can teach you many things, but on the other side you have to tolerate many things like people being untidy or dirty, inviting other people to the house, etc.

Submitted by Ririn Fatma Nanda on Sat, 19/12/2020 - 22:09

Be honest, I prefer to live alone or with my family. because if I live with others it will be complicted for me. Such as if we have any problem between us, we could not of keeping our relationship together, and selfish, seems like concerned with each other's lives.

Submitted by bykarenreis on Sat, 19/12/2020 - 15:23

i prefer live alone.

Submitted by Mortezaa on Sat, 19/12/2020 - 11:33

I prefer to share my house with my best girl friend maybe i can to help her and we can talk more something

Submitted by Vanessakuzola on Sat, 19/12/2020 - 00:36

I definitely prefer to share a house with my family or friends, however I like to have my own space and my privacy.

Submitted by Tzar on Fri, 18/12/2020 - 09:16

I prefer to live alone because I think it makes me more comfortable and freedom.But now I lived with my parents.