Shopping for clothes

Listen to a conversation in a shop to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Shop assistant: Hello, can I help you?

Customer: I'm just looking, thanks.

Customer: Excuse me?

Shop assistant: Yes?

Customer: Where are the changing rooms?

Shop assistant: They're over there. Behind you.

Customer: Thank you.

Customer: Hi. Excuse me again. Do you have this jumper in black?

Shop assistant: Yes, just a moment. What size do you need?

Customer: Extra small, please.

Shop assistant: Here you are.

Customer: How much is this?

Shop assistant: It's £29.

Customer: Can I pay by credit card?

Shop assistant: Yes, you can. Of course.

Shop assistant: Would you like a bag for that?

Customer: Yes, please.

Do you need to improve your English listening skills?

Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Sun, 31/01/2021 - 14:18

I got a warm wool blanket. It's not actually a cloth like a sweater, but it can be a cloth like a poncho. ;)

Submitted by mostafa99 on Sun, 31/01/2021 - 06:20

I enjoy shopping, I enjoy going mall even if I didn't want to buy anything.

Submitted by kautsar on Sat, 30/01/2021 - 13:49

yes, i do. in that case i did'nt buy clothes and shoes frequently. sometimes i buy 1 shoes or clothes and then i did'nt buy more for a long time.

Submitted by May Sabai Phyu on Sun, 24/01/2021 - 04:49

I enjoy shopping. I sometimes go shopping to buy some longyi and blouses.

Submitted by German on Wed, 20/01/2021 - 01:05

I enjoy shopping but when I like a shoes or clothes I buy it fast and the last times I have bought shoes online

Submitted by paola Beltran on Mon, 18/01/2021 - 21:45

I enjoy to go to shopping sometimes I go shopping I buy dress, skirts. Also I like buy shirt. I almost never buy shoes.

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Wed, 30/12/2020 - 07:12

Hi everyone, I am new here. I like to go shopping but this pandemic affect the world throughly. I study at university. When I feel distress I usually go to malls and cinema. I enjoy full of time in this day and I do that because be free stress.

Submitted by glen on Sun, 20/12/2020 - 21:21

Yes, everyone, I suppose love shopping indeed, I go shopping almost every week before but during this time of crisis I only do online clothes shopping and with a limit. I have to be very careful with my spending these days.

Submitted by Tatiana barrera on Tue, 15/12/2020 - 17:25

I like to buy new clothes,I always buy it around six months or one year

Submitted by pabloxje on Wed, 09/12/2020 - 03:18

It depends, some days I am happy to go shopping, but other days, specially when I'm tired, I hate going to the shop.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Fri, 04/12/2020 - 15:10

Not really, thanks to Covid-19...

Submitted by myle on Fri, 04/12/2020 - 09:38

Hi! I've checked the answer sheet. Is there anyone who sees in Task 1 the order of sentence 4 và 5 should switch? I think they numbered the wrong position

Hello myle,

You are right -- the two options are not in the correct order on the worksheet. I've made a note for us to fix this.

Thanks for taking the time to point this out to us and I'm sorry for any confusion!

Submitted by Aidana Omirbek on Thu, 03/12/2020 - 17:03

Yes, I like shoping because this is relax moment for me. I goes shoping every 2 months. I like bought comfortable shoes, for example sneakers, boots. Also, I loved many different dresses.

Submitted by m.someah on Tue, 01/12/2020 - 15:32

Most women are keen on shopping and I am not an exception. Indeed, going to malls and markets make me feel relaxed and confident. As we are struggling with covid-19 these days, I just buy my necessities from online shops. However, I usually used to go shopping once or twice a month for clothes or shoes.

Submitted by Sergio1994 on Sun, 29/11/2020 - 16:25

i want to shopping in best buy or any store of usa, canada to practice my english. But in this situation of covid, there are few flights in m country.

Submitted by hasan.kumek on Sat, 28/11/2020 - 16:33

I'd likebto go shopping mall. I can go to shopping tomorrow. This days we have black friday and every there we can see some discount. I order shoes and a sweat.

Submitted by khurmat on Thu, 26/11/2020 - 16:09

Site is the best. Thanks for all.
Profile picture for user DJ Singh

Submitted by DJ Singh on Tue, 24/11/2020 - 10:13

Oh Yeah, I love doing shopping, when I need something quick I go for offline shopping. on the other hand, if I am not in hurry I mean I can wait for 3-4 days to get delivered my order within sometimes then I go for online shopping with lots of variety. Going out shopping is fun but if I want to save time and do advance shopping I go online.

Submitted by Carlos Cabrera on Wed, 18/11/2020 - 03:27

I like shopping technology online, is very easy and simple. Rarely go shopping a store.

Submitted by Pedro Javier on Sun, 08/11/2020 - 15:24

I love shopping, I like to go and see all the stores and buy new clothes and shoes to look good at all times, also now I like to buy online is a good option to avoid crowding in stores and find the best prices. I actually shop when I really need something, if there is something I don't like is to go shopping with my wife, she visits all the stores and doesn't like anything, She is very hesitant

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Wed, 21/10/2020 - 07:12

Yes, I like to shopping. In India festival season has been starting. I and my family goes to shopping.

Submitted by GhazalQadriRazvi on Mon, 19/10/2020 - 22:27

Actually I don't enjoy going shopping that much. Its a tiring process. I like to shop online more. It's easy and convenient for me.

Submitted by Samqaid on Sat, 17/10/2020 - 20:33

Yes, I enjoy shopping. .I go to buy clothes with my friends. I love it so much. I can flirt girls and make a fun .it was interesting. Every one here goes to shopping at Eid times .especially at Ramadan month.

Submitted by Ugulhan on Thu, 15/10/2020 - 07:06

Oh. I love shopping every day so I go shopping for clothes or shoes. For example, I was yesterday in the shoe shop, and I saw two of my favourite winter shoe and some discount prices for summer shoes. I think I will buy with the discount prices for summer shoes. Later, I will buy winter shoes.

Submitted by DEICY on Mon, 12/10/2020 - 18:59

I love buy shoes an clothes, but I don't like go to shopping in busy or crowded places.

Submitted by Htet Wint Thu Aung on Sat, 10/10/2020 - 17:12

If there is anything to go for a trip or I want to get new clothes or shoes, I go shopping.

Submitted by Moon Wathan on Sat, 10/10/2020 - 16:25

Yeah, I like shopping. I go the shopping per month for clothes or shoes. I think this shopping day will be the last day of month because it is the day I get the salary from work.

Submitted by Maria19 on Tue, 06/10/2020 - 21:07

Yes, I enjoy shopping online. It's much better for me because in this way my time is less wasted.
Profile picture for user Donrodrigo888

Submitted by Donrodrigo888 on Thu, 01/10/2020 - 23:38

I sometimes go to the shopping but because of the covid 19, I am not going to the shopping this year.

Submitted by Kishen on Mon, 28/09/2020 - 08:25

Yes,I love to shopping but I don't know what I have to buy.I will go to shopping with my friend when they called me to go there.

Submitted by jakevn on Wed, 23/09/2020 - 13:47

this lesson is very easy

Submitted by Pola on Sun, 20/09/2020 - 18:20

Yes, I do. I enjoy shopping with my best friend, I don't like to shopping from the websites. Usually I go to shopping every end of season I'm harry up to the shopping before end of the sale.
Profile picture for user Giza Maria

Submitted by Giza Maria on Sat, 19/09/2020 - 00:04

I don't like shopping, think it's very boring...
Profile picture for user shelly

Submitted by shelly on Mon, 07/09/2020 - 07:17

Yes, I enjoy it very much. Usually go to the supermarket once or twice a week, but I rearly buy clothes in the mall or in the supermarket. I like buying clothes on-line because it is very convinience and you could buy something at anytime/anyplaces. Meanwhile it is very easy to change for another one or return it back if you donot like it.

Submitted by Lysa on Fri, 04/09/2020 - 11:15

Of course I do but I go shopping clothes and/or shoes only when I am in need.

Submitted by Faheem Khan on Mon, 31/08/2020 - 03:42

i love to visit supermarket and buy clothes but we just visit twice a year because asian people are not much rich like europrean so due to lack of facility we would not to buy everyrhing

Submitted by Thao mee on Sat, 29/08/2020 - 05:09

My family and i uasully go to supermarket on the weekend. We buy some food and household for next week. I'm crazy about baking cake so i spent time to buy equipment to do this.

Submitted by thuyhup on Fri, 28/08/2020 - 03:00

yeah, I'm interested in shopping, especially when I'm stress, it help me feel more comfortable. I often go shopping for clothes more than for shoes. At least, I buy clothes once a month. As for buying shoes, I only go shopping when it is necessary and about once or twice a year because my shoes have been very durable.

Submitted by biso01 on Mon, 24/08/2020 - 11:55

i think the shopping is the second interesting thing after eating i like it very much and i can spend the whole day in shopping and try the clothes. i usually go to shop every weekend and i spend my whole salary in shopping

Submitted by camiladmelo on Sat, 15/08/2020 - 16:44

Yes, I love shopping. Love buy clothes. It makes me feel renewed.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Wed, 12/08/2020 - 12:33

Recently I don't enjoy shopping for clothes and shoes anymore because of COVID-19... :|

Submitted by MARIANO_HB on Wed, 12/08/2020 - 01:11

I like shopping but I usually buy my things in e-commerce for example Amazon.

Submitted by Aung Wai Phyo on Mon, 03/08/2020 - 15:09

I quite like shopping, but I rarely go to the shop for clothes, because my sister has bought for me.

Submitted by Phan Bao Dung on Wed, 29/07/2020 - 06:21

I really enjoy shopping. I usually go shopping every weekend to buy food and household for my family. I sometimes go to the malls to buy clothes and shoes. I spend a lot of time and money there but I always control myself. I only buy things that are really necessary and affordable.

Submitted by I am on Mon, 27/07/2020 - 18:31

Like a lot of people, I enjoy to buying a new things, especially clothes or electronic devices. But we should reasonably spending our money, because not every new thing, which we seeing in the shop with sale price is really necessary for us.

Submitted by I am on Thu, 23/07/2020 - 18:46

Honestly I like to buying new things, including clothes and shoes. I tend take a purchases in sales, when discounts starting to apply. But I suppose people should reasonably relating to shopping, because when you became spending money for clothes is difficult to stop.

Submitted by Ahmad_Khalil on Tue, 21/07/2020 - 11:22

I like shopping, but mostly not for clothing.

Submitted by syah on Mon, 20/07/2020 - 14:04

Yes of course. But, I kinda rarely go shopping. I only go shopping about two or three times a year especially if there is a discount. I usually just go sightseeing when I am in mall, not for buying some clothes, because I have to save my money for other purposes.