Meeting other students

Listen to a group of new students meeting for the first time to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Teacher: So, now you've got the important information, it's time to meet each other. Everyone turn to the people next to you and introduce yourselves.

Cara: So, hi. I'm Cara. And you are?

Robert: Robert.

Selim: Selim.

Cara: Nice to meet you!

Robert and Selim: You too.

Robert: Nice accent. Where are you from?

Cara: I'm from Glasgow.

Robert: Oh, really? My mum's from near Glasgow, so I'm half Scottish.

Cara: Cool. Do you live in Scotland?

Robert: No, we live in England, near Manchester. My dad's from there. What about you, Selim?

Selim: I'm from Leeds originally but I grew up near London.

Cara: Are you both doing history on its own?

Selim: No. I'm doing history and German.

Robert: I'm doing it with maths, actually.

Selim: History and maths. That's different!

Robert: Yeah, I couldn't decide between arts and sciences. Maths doesn't help with remembering dates, though! And you?

Cara: I'm doing history and French.

Selim: I wanted to do French but German was easier, so I took that.

Cara: German is so hard!

Do you need to improve your English listening skills?

A1 English level (elementary)

Submitted by karinaelizabeth on Wed, 28/04/2021 - 17:20

When I was in high school my favorites subjects were History and English because those two teachers taught really well. they were empathic with us.

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Thu, 08/04/2021 - 03:41

Hi, I like studying economics and History. I'm doing graduation in this subject. When I went to high school , I like every subject but when i went doing graduation I take economics. This is very interesting for me.

Submitted by victor.07 on Wed, 07/04/2021 - 15:48

I like to study maths and physics

Submitted by DarwinM on Wed, 07/04/2021 - 04:36

My favorite subject is English. Also, I really enjoy maths because I like how it feels to solve difficult exercises after having practiced a lot.

Submitted by Nader Ahmed on Wed, 31/03/2021 - 14:40

My favorite subject before was math, but now it's the English language.

Submitted by tvkien on Mon, 29/03/2021 - 04:00

When I was a student, I really enjoy study Maths, I did a lot of Maths exercises. I remember I got the maximum point when I did the exam in three semesters. That makes me become a software engineer for now. And in the future, I will teach my children about Maths and Sciences

Submitted by Veronikka on Fri, 26/03/2021 - 00:51

What subjects do you like to study? I like to study programming language, maths, physics and about the universe. I think I like these themes inherited from my father, because he is a nuclear physicist, really a scientist. He told me that if you want to understand the universe, you must know physics and mathematics.

Submitted by SaraMessa on Wed, 24/03/2021 - 18:24

When I went to high school, I liked every subjects, but i prefered english, french and math. Now I'm a math's teacher in a primary school.

Submitted by sherzad on Tue, 23/03/2021 - 08:59

I like German, French, chemistry, economic, Geometry, art

Submitted by MikhailZatopliaev on Sat, 20/03/2021 - 09:36

I like Math, and Econometric. It is very interesting. Also I like practice subjects, when you can learn some skills.

Submitted by TIa vinaka on Mon, 15/03/2021 - 01:59

I didn't like studying any subject when I was a student. I only like PH and music class. I wish I was more interested in some subject as a student. anyway, I like studying language now and interested in a lot of things to learn

Submitted by RicardoRodrigu… on Fri, 12/03/2021 - 05:39

I-m stundying English and math

Submitted by Futohomok on Thu, 11/03/2021 - 16:32

I hope that the mathematics are not only science but art too

Submitted by Giuliana on Tue, 09/03/2021 - 17:18

the subjects i like to study are history, geography and sometimes maths, honestly i don't like it but when you understand you start to like and this is very excite

Submitted by Majidaa909 on Sat, 06/03/2021 - 10:27

I like History and math.

Submitted by vespinosa10 on Sat, 20/02/2021 - 18:02

I like study Math and geography.

Submitted by Turko on Sat, 20/02/2021 - 14:41

i like arts subjects than sciences and i think i am verbalist. but i study in chemistry teacher. Today i decided i want to change that, i think it is a big desicion but i believe myself and i hope i will do it . Sooo wish my luck

Submitted by Wilton Carneir… on Thu, 18/02/2021 - 16:39

I like portuguese and literature. I find it easy to study these subjects.

Submitted by Nasywa Shiyami… on Thu, 18/02/2021 - 03:45

I like study about science, like math, chemistry and physic and also i like art, like drawing and painting. i love sport too like basketball, badminton and swimming. Personally i like to study something new which attractive and challenging.

Submitted by Brenda Patrici… on Wed, 17/02/2021 - 17:12

At school, I used to study Language, nowadays I enjoy studying psych.

Submitted by Angel Ramirez on Sun, 14/02/2021 - 03:26

I like mathematics very much so my favourite subject is integral calculus, but I also like to study English and teaching.
Profile picture for user ye wint kyaw min

Submitted by ye wint kyaw min on Mon, 08/02/2021 - 10:58

I like to study Mathematics and Physics. Actually , I fond of all science subjects that make me to think.

Submitted by Reni Hermawati on Fri, 05/02/2021 - 16:03

I like english and also psychology.

Submitted by Emily Moreno on Tue, 02/02/2021 - 12:03

i like to study universal history, geography, english and a bit of literature. I would like to study others idioms like Mandarin Chinese, French and Japanese.

Submitted by senaguner on Sat, 30/01/2021 - 13:29

I like to study psychology. Nowadays I like to study English.

Submitted by Leila77 on Mon, 25/01/2021 - 18:24

I like to study many and different subjects: maths, chemistry, physics, English, history,.. I like learning new things.

Submitted by In on Sun, 24/01/2021 - 08:27

I want to study English first, But when I was at school I was good at Arts and Biology.

Submitted by IrinAristova on Tue, 19/01/2021 - 13:06

I don't have a favorite subject )))

Submitted by Ngu Wah on Thu, 14/01/2021 - 13:58

I like to study Chemistry, Math and English.

Submitted by German on Wed, 13/01/2021 - 00:31

I would like to study German and Management.

Submitted by paola Beltran on Tue, 12/01/2021 - 16:54

I like to study subjects like history and about laws and also international rights

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Mon, 28/12/2020 - 03:37

In this time, I study economics. And I like economics. It's very interesting subject. With this I prepare ilets so I am here. I want to study abroad like US and Europe. It's very interesting initiative by BC for free. This is great.

Submitted by Alex.BC on Sat, 26/12/2020 - 17:18

When I went to school, I liked to study history and mathematics.

Submitted by Aliz on Sat, 26/12/2020 - 08:35

I'm like maths because maths is very easy for me.

Submitted by Tzar on Mon, 21/12/2020 - 07:54

I like to study History and English.

Submitted by glen on Sun, 20/12/2020 - 20:27

I would like to study and get a degree in English, Accounting and Business management.

Submitted by ThihaHtetAung on Sat, 19/12/2020 - 02:38

Hello everyone,I like to study english but I'm not very well at english.So,I'm still keep learning on.My destination is to become an aviation student of Australia. That's a reason why I like English.

Submitted by Tatiana barrera on Tue, 15/12/2020 - 17:06

I like to study English, History, natural science. These subjects are in the schedule at my school. But in general, I like to know new information about different topics

Submitted by abdalkreem seaf on Sun, 13/12/2020 - 12:03

I am like study math because is major subject in engineering

Submitted by pabloxje on Wed, 09/12/2020 - 02:58

Hello everyone, actually at the moment I need to study English and I'm beginning. Then I would like to study pastry art.

Submitted by Abdosh249 on Fri, 04/12/2020 - 21:33

Hello every one I'm new here.I love English I wish to get 7.5 in IELTS.I need scholarship to complet my study in UK or Canada

Submitted by Aidana Omirbek on Thu, 03/12/2020 - 17:42

I like subjects the literature because this is very interesting for me. I like read ''Abai's way". This book was written Mukhtar Auezov. Abai famous person in Kazakhstan. He is was great poet.

Submitted by m.someah on Tue, 01/12/2020 - 13:58

I studied software engineering. And I have always been interested in architecture. So, if I want to study again, I definitely would choose this subject.
Profile picture for user Sabir

Submitted by Sabir on Thu, 26/11/2020 - 16:10

I love to listen to English and improve it. My big challenge is understanding American movies.

Submitted by luongpq on Wed, 25/11/2020 - 04:01

Currently, i want to learn English, Chinese and NodeJs .My goal is to get 6.5 IELTS and become a full stack development I also like learning more about music such as piano or organ. When i have enough money, i will buy a new organ and start learning about it.

Submitted by GiuseppeT on Mon, 23/11/2020 - 14:31

I'm trying to improve my listening...

Submitted by hasan.kumek on Wed, 18/11/2020 - 16:04

This moths I am studying English. My purpose is math and history, but I am ver unstable. I first purpose is learning English very well.

Submitted by Nurieta on Wed, 11/11/2020 - 10:01

I love study English and German. I´m sure with you I will learn English and will get a good job.