A text message invitation

Learn how to write a text message invitation to a friend.

Reading text
Sandra
online

Hey! Want to meet for a drink after work?

14:16

Cool, what time do you finish?

14:21

Late as always crying

14:22

Me too. Msg me when you leave

14:22

OK. Where do you want to go?

14:23

IDK. I might be hungry tho

14:24

Good point.

14:25

I'll think of somewhere to eat.

14:25

I know what you're like when you're hungry! wink

14:27

LOL, I'm not that bad!

14:31

Don't worry. We can meet at the bus stop and decide then.

14:31

yes See you later

14:32

Tips

1. You don't need to write complete sentences.
  2. You can use abbreviations like LOL (= laugh out loud) or IDK (= I don't know) to save time.
  3. Use emojis smiley to add feelings.
  4. You don't need to use full stops (.) at the end of messages.
Do you need to improve your English writing skills?
Join thousands of learners from around the world who are improving their English writing skills with our live online classes and personal tutoring courses.

Submitted by Marte on Thu, 18/02/2021 - 08:34

I prefer to speak but If I am at my work I message.

Submitted by Brenda Patrici… on Tue, 16/02/2021 - 22:10

I prefer to send text messages to my best friends to make plans, but when I need to plan activities about my work, speaking is the best way to do it.

Submitted by Nimra on Sun, 14/02/2021 - 16:08

I prefer speaking to the friends and I'm very bad at messages.

Submitted by LISI20 on Wed, 10/02/2021 - 20:08

I love sending message to my friends and family, message like how was your day or send them memes, but when I´m gonna explain something I send an audio or make a videocall. The emojis and gift are an usefull tool to put feelings in message I use them a lot.

Submitted by Alena23 on Tue, 02/02/2021 - 23:33

i am really bad , i don't really like ringing people , i much prefer see them face to face to catch on all the news.

Submitted by Leila77 on Sat, 23/01/2021 - 09:18

I prefer to speak to friends to make plans. I rarely send text messages.

Submitted by Joselyn15 on Fri, 22/01/2021 - 01:49

I prefer to speak and send voice messages.Because I can transmit my feelings.

Submitted by tonguyen on Tue, 19/01/2021 - 00:32

I usually chat with my best friends everyday, because it makes fun. But when i need a demand information or i really need a quick answer, i will make a call.

Submitted by In on Wed, 13/01/2021 - 00:10

I prefer to text but depends on the plan if it is a big plan I prefer to talk about it and organize it, but if it something like go for a coffee or dinner I prefer just text to my friend.

Submitted by Honey June on Tue, 12/01/2021 - 05:06

It depends on the situation.Sometimes I send lots of text message.But texting message makes a situation a little complexed and takes time to get a clear point.Sometimes calling is faster than texting.btw I use these two ways nearly everyday and like both.

Submitted by Roo on Sun, 10/01/2021 - 16:49

I prefer to speak to friends to make plans because messaging takes lots of time and by messaging you can't clear your point. Sometimes messages make things unclear and misunderstandable. so I prefer to speak over messaging.

Submitted by lavande1983 on Sat, 09/01/2021 - 21:00

I prefer to speak to friends to make plan or to demande information. I hate sending message because i waste a lot of time. But in working time, i have to send message instead of calling , i dont want to disturb my friends at work

Submitted by Mike Edwards on Sat, 09/01/2021 - 03:49

I prefer to speak to friends rather than texting.

Submitted by German on Fri, 08/01/2021 - 23:10

I prefer speak with my friends to make plans. I don´t like send a lot of messages.

Submitted by Sawyu Nwe on Sat, 02/01/2021 - 08:00

I prefer to send texts. It makes more fun and memories between friendship. Besides, I don’t need to answer back immediately when I have serious matter.

Submitted by vanessa Rodri on Thu, 24/12/2020 - 23:18

I send lots of text messages to my friends because, unfortunately, they all live in other cities.

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Tue, 22/12/2020 - 03:48

I prefer text messages when information or questions are short yes/no type. I usually make phone calls when I want to know others openion.

Submitted by Vanessakuzola on Sat, 19/12/2020 - 00:44

Depends of the subject the conversation, if it’s about a big plan I prefer to talk by a call, but if it’s just a meet or something basic , I will rather text for sure

Submitted by Myathtwe on Sun, 06/12/2020 - 16:01

No, I don't use to send text messages to friends.I don't prefer to speak to friends to make my plan. But I prefer to speak my lovely person when I have important plan.
Profile picture for user El Al

Submitted by El Al on Tue, 01/12/2020 - 20:38

I prefer send messages when the information is short and phone when I want to know the other person's opinion.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Sat, 28/11/2020 - 13:54

MeToo. Msg IDK New vocabularies... ;)

Submitted by mrelvinaliyev on Sat, 28/11/2020 - 07:37

When I make plan with my friends we send lots of messages to each other. But I prefer to speak when make plan. Because sending a lot of message is waste time for me.

Submitted by Alex.BC on Mon, 23/11/2020 - 18:26

I prefer to send of text messages to my friends because they might be busy at this time.

Submitted by lesley on Sun, 22/11/2020 - 22:01

I prefer to talk with my friends face to face.

Submitted by Yigitcan on Wed, 18/11/2020 - 15:12

I prefer to send a massage if my friend is far away to me. Also in massages I don't use any abbreviations because I think ridiculous. İf you make short a word Why don't you make short others? At that time we make a sentence just abbreviations.Like''GAS 2U! DQMOT, BSF IDK WCA 2TXT W/LOA.

Submitted by Leonardo de Souza on Sat, 14/11/2020 - 14:25

Definity I send lots message to my friends especially now at quarantine, when we are working at home.

Submitted by frknakgn on Wed, 11/11/2020 - 15:27

I usually talk with my friends about what we will do.We usually go to a cafe and have cup of coffee.

Submitted by Khin Khin Htet on Mon, 09/11/2020 - 09:13

I mostly use phone call . I think that it is faster than text messages !

Submitted by mrelvinaliyev on Sat, 07/11/2020 - 13:37

I prefer to speak with my friends when we make plans.I dont like to send a lot of messages when we make plan.

Submitted by miemiev on Thu, 05/11/2020 - 16:56

I prefer to speak in person or phone calls, it's making "the progress" faster and this is the best way to communicate by showing emotions, voice tones,... a good way to "express" the story or conversation. Even though I still prefer texting messages sometimes for the polite reasons.

Submitted by Ibi on Fri, 23/10/2020 - 16:55

I like to keep the contact with my friends throught text messenges. Lately, I use to send audios via whatsapp to speak with them and tell anecdotes or some things. I dont use to make telephone calls, just to speak with my mum, dad or brothers or when I need to know something inmediatly I have to get the response quickly.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Fri, 23/10/2020 - 15:31

I like to speak in person. I have few friends to send text massages like the sample! ;)

Submitted by alexiaimogen on Fri, 23/10/2020 - 06:28

I prefer to speak if it's urgent if it's not then I'll just msg them.

Submitted by raginirags on Thu, 22/10/2020 - 13:16

i mostly use text msgs to text my friend about any plan but sometimes i prefer a dial

Submitted by Victor Hugo Fl… on Mon, 19/10/2020 - 20:17

I definitely send a lot more text messages, to communicate with my friends and make plans.

Submitted by Babydoll on Sun, 18/10/2020 - 00:47

All depends on my mood and time. Sometimes I prefer texting people. Other times I enjoy talking on the phone.

Submitted by Nway on Fri, 16/10/2020 - 11:54

I don't prefer texting to someone and like to call. If i send messages , i use emojis and abbreviation . I think emojis are so cute .
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Sun, 11/10/2020 - 12:57

I like the word "IDK" somehow. It sounds like "DIY"! ; )

Submitted by aungyekyaw on Sun, 11/10/2020 - 05:39

I texting message to my partner for share jobs information . We usually use this method.

Submitted by Moon Wathan on Tue, 06/10/2020 - 11:18

Yes, I am not only text message but also call to my friends to hangout. I always do like that.

Submitted by habibao.medo on Tue, 06/10/2020 - 09:50

i prefer texting messages to friends instead of calling

Submitted by joselo on Wed, 30/09/2020 - 03:29

Usually, I prefer texting messages. Nowadays I can talk with many of my friends at the same time through social networks which is convenient to better plan with them where we would meet each other.

Submitted by Hyuka on Fri, 25/09/2020 - 15:21

Actually, I like to speak in person with my friends cuz it's gonna be fun cuz we see each other but when it comes to texting messanges I feel bored and don't wanna write some long sentences.So, I sometime talk to my friends by voice messages.

Submitted by Khin Myat Thwin on Tue, 15/09/2020 - 06:56

Normally, I prefer to discuss in person as I make a plan with my friends because we can make better decisions and we can agree or disagree decisively in person , if we do that via text messages on and off it's more likely to lead to misunderstanding between friends.

Submitted by Yonas Tesfamichael on Sun, 13/09/2020 - 14:09

I don't have the patience to wait for long by texting, but if not imp plane it's better to use texting.

Submitted by Lena on Fri, 11/09/2020 - 10:15

I do it both ways. But it's true that texting can be very useful to make plans. It saves time and money. Besides you don't have to be afraid of forgetting where and when you are to meet your friends (the texts are still there in your phone).
Profile picture for user anguiluciana

Submitted by anguiluciana on Wed, 09/09/2020 - 23:38

I prefer to send lots of text messages to make plans with my mates. And I usually use lots of emojis in my text messages. :)

Submitted by Hayatsalem on Mon, 31/08/2020 - 07:52

I prefer sending text messages just in case the time is inconvenient for them to talk on the phone.

Submitted by Haidar Maula on Mon, 24/08/2020 - 14:37

I have no problem with both options, whether it’s text messages or to speak to friends. I usually do text messages to plan some simple things like a place for dinner, go to the movies, and any other simple things. But when it comes to making serious plans, I prefer to speak directly.