A study timetable

Read a study timetable for a week in summer school in England to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

19.00 Swimming Football tournament Cinema
21.00 Free time Free time Free time

Thursday to Sunday

Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday

9.00

Grammar Vocabulary Grammar Late breakfast
10.00 English skills: Speaking English skills: Listening Progress test English skills: Writing
11.00 Games with English Drama Drama Preparation for excursion
12.00 Lunch Lunch Lunch Lunch
13.00 Project class Project class Theatre trip Excursion to local castle or museum
15.00 Circus skills Mountain biking
17.00 Free time Free time
18.00 Dinner Dinner Dinner Dinner
19.00 Bowling Talent show Disco Free time / packing
21.00 Free time Free time Free time Free time / packing

Submitted by hoailinh on Fri, 01/11/2019 - 04:28

I was born in Vietnam, so I never go to a school which have timetable like this. When I read this timetable I feel oh! The pupil in England is very lucky. They have many extracurricular activities. Such as excursion to local castle, football tournament, talent show, mountain biking, etc... Moreover, they can learn swimming, circus, art, etc.... In Vietnam, the school rarely have extracurricular activities. When my school have extracurricular activities, my parents have to pay more money for that. So, I'm so excited to go to the school like this.

Submitted by Siti Fatimah on Thu, 10/10/2019 - 03:55

Yes, I like this timetable bacause learning english becoming joyful and not boring

Submitted by Abdelmouttalib on Thu, 03/10/2019 - 13:09

Yes, i love it, because i want to improve my English, and it's wonderful program where we can do a lot of activities.

Submitted by bawk san aung on Fri, 23/08/2019 - 17:11

As international students, these learning styles are familiar with them. But we have still far tho we want to learn with a lot of activities.Anyway, I love these kind of learning.

Submitted by Praveen kumar on Sat, 17/08/2019 - 07:02

I like this school especially the timetable bring joyful activities and it gives wonderful experience.

Submitted by drphungmanhtien on Wed, 14/08/2019 - 04:26

It is so busy time with this timetable, but I feel that it is so amazing. Have a good day to all of you.

Submitted by Santika on Wed, 31/07/2019 - 04:18

I wouldn't go to school like this because it's too tiring. But I got good tips on how to learn English well after reading the study time table. So the first and the major part on learning English are vocabulary and grammar and don't forget to test your level, those are the foundation. The second is skill that consist of speaking, reading, listening, and writing. For skill, you emphasise on speaking and don't forget to test your progress. Language is for communication and discussion with other people. You have your skill: speaking, reading, listening, and writing, especially speaking. So, do project with other people/project class on most of the time of your study. Then support your study with Games with English and watching Dramas and/or Cinemas also do theater trip. Language is part of Art, Culture, and History. So you it would be better if you learn art, go to museum, castle, historical culture center like London and Oxford as well as you watching drama/cinema/theater. Sports, talent show, and disco will help you to refresh your mind while improve your competitive but also social side of you.

Submitted by DmitryS7 on Tue, 23/07/2019 - 11:38

Yes, it would be so cool and useful for me. Because I could improve my English and see a lot of new.

Submitted by Lameed Alomdaa on Sun, 21/07/2019 - 22:26

Yes of course i'w like to go to such schools cause i guess they are extra-ordinory , not boring and attrackt me to learn the language .. i hope that i can join to one ..

Submitted by Julia Rahma on Wed, 17/07/2019 - 03:38

Yes, i would like to. Seeing as a foreigners it must be improve my english skill and also lots of positive activity will make everyones not boring

Submitted by cittàutopica on Sun, 30/06/2019 - 21:25

It looks like it's working properly now, seeing as an English course for foreigners.

Submitted by Cho on Sat, 29/06/2019 - 06:12

I like this timetable because there is a lot of activities to learn English.

Submitted by chris-kutte on Fri, 28/06/2019 - 17:20

I'd like to go to a school like this because there I can practice and improve my English.

Submitted by NataliDa on Mon, 17/06/2019 - 08:45

Yes, I want. It's a great chanse to improve English.

Submitted by Pawani on Wed, 29/05/2019 - 14:08

I would like to go to a school like this. because skills,swimming and visiting a famous city.

Submitted by emin__cetin on Mon, 20/05/2019 - 08:35

I think task 1 is more difficult than the other

Submitted by Momocompanyman on Fri, 17/05/2019 - 10:11

I would like to go to a school like this bechause they have many activities to make and I can improve my english skills.

Submitted by Setareh on Wed, 15/05/2019 - 03:24

Yes, I would like to go to a school like this, it's very interesting. all of things have plan you know what plan do you have in during week and you learn English without fatigue.

Submitted by mtalebi on Sun, 21/04/2019 - 08:04

It is very useful and enjoyable. We can learn skills and have fun.

Submitted by Traveler on Tue, 16/04/2019 - 16:52

Maybe when I was in school when I didn't work, now I would like to do other things in the summer time.

Submitted by lengoclam on Mon, 15/04/2019 - 15:31

I love the school. my childhood linking with my school

Submitted by Blagodarenko Maxim on Mon, 01/04/2019 - 14:19

I like this school because studying to English happens in an interesting form

Submitted by TP on Sun, 31/03/2019 - 04:10

Why not? It's so fun to join this kind of a summer school. They have arranged the activities so neatly. It seems that nothing gets boring. Meanwhile, you can develop all of your English skills happily. The places they visit are wonderful too. You can also meet new people and share your ideas and thoughts. It automatically develops the speaking skill.

Submitted by Kavi on Sun, 31/03/2019 - 04:09

I like to go a school like this.Because they have good time table and i can manage my day well.

Submitted by MAO on Wed, 27/03/2019 - 13:32

Of course i like it very much. There are many activities arranged in the study timetable. Not only the indoor courses but also outdoor courses can broaden our horizons. It must be very interesting and full-harvesting to join these subjects. Especially, joining these courses with foreign classmates can discuss what we think and share what we experience.

Submitted by Stanley Alvarez on Mon, 18/03/2019 - 16:43

Yes, I would like it. Because with that timetable I could do everything I want to do, to know and to learn.

Submitted by Juan Diego Gal… on Wed, 13/03/2019 - 22:44

Hi, everyone! I wouldn´t like to spend much time at school. even though it has a lot of interesting subjects but I don't really like it.

Submitted by Estudent on Sun, 03/03/2019 - 13:30

I like to go to the school like this because it is well organized and students can visit local places.

Submitted by Flower1985 on Thu, 21/02/2019 - 03:19

music and dancing, i think that it is disco, so answer is Saturday. And going to see a play or show is Talent show---> Friday. Is it right?

Hello Flower1985

Yes, you are right! I'm sorry for the confusion. I've just changed the exercise and it should now be correct, though please note that it may take a few hours for the changes to appear on the page.

We really appreciate your feedback on this page, which we just published recently. If you find any other mistakes anywhere, we would be very grateful if you told us about them!

Thanks for helping make LearnEnglish a better place!

All the best