A noticeboard message

Learn how to write a noticeboard message.

Reading text

Looking for a housemate

Single ensuite room available in our lovely three-bedroom house in Didsbury. Five-minute walk from city centre. Move in from 1 June. Shared kitchen and living room with two female housemates, no parking, £600 a month excluding bills. No pets. Contact 07890 123456 for viewing.

Tips

1. Write the main title or idea bigger to catch people's attention.

2. Keep the message short, with only the most important information.

3. Don't put your address on it!

Submitted by Ola Jamal on Thu, 22/08/2019 - 19:29

Hello, Five-minute walk from city center. Ten minutes by bus from the university. Why did they add "s" for "minute" in the second sentence and did not add it in the first one?

Submitted by Peter M. on Tue, 27/08/2019 - 07:59

In reply to by Ola Jamal

Hello Ola Jamal,

We do not use a hypen when we have a number followed by a noun:

The meeting took five minutes.

The journey lasts two hours.

He is two metres tall.

However, when we put a number and a noun together and use them as a compound adjective before a noun then we use a hyphen and do not make the noun plural:

It was a five-minute meeting.

It is a two-hour journey.

He's a two-metre tall man.

Submitted by Francis Feng on Wed, 25/09/2019 - 08:11

In reply to by Ola Jamal

In the phrase "five-minute walk", "five-minute" is considered as a combination adjective word, generally, use the singular form. but "ten minutes" are comprised the numerals and measure words, so it's adopted the plural form.

Submitted by funnylearn on Wed, 14/08/2019 - 09:18

I prefer to live alone. I can do anything I want, I have some secrets of life. And sometime you do the crazy thing it's not influence to anyone ^^

Submitted by Huyen on Tue, 13/08/2019 - 16:17

I prefer living alone to share a house. Living alone makes me independent and comfortable. Do not share with other people. Do anything you like, enjoy anything you have is the best.

Submitted by Toanrt on Tue, 06/08/2019 - 15:29

living alone totally cause I don't like small talks between people and need almost all of the time being alone for works and having fun ^^

Submitted by shalliirda on Mon, 05/08/2019 - 15:29

i prefer live alone because sometimes i like the quiet atmosphere. and also i can do whatever i want without being distrubing by others. but if my friends want to stay a few night, I will gladly allow it!

Submitted by Muhammad Faroo… on Sun, 04/08/2019 - 08:32

I prefer to live alone, if I will afford, other wise I want to share my room.

Submitted by Santika on Thu, 01/08/2019 - 10:00

If I were single, I prefer live alone in one house. But if I can not afford a small flat or house with one bedroom, I prefer to rent a room in a house with females that also singles with shared kitchen and living room. But if I have to, it's OK also to share bathroom too. The fourth choice is to rent an ensuite room in a house with male and female with shared kitchen and living room. I ever rent a room with male and female with shared living room and bathroom. No kitchen available. The house located in calm and save neighborhood where mostly stable family live there, children going to school, father going for work and mother take care their house. My male and female room mates are going to school and day-working worker. The host live in the same house at different area. They are old couple.

Submitted by Dimpy on Thu, 25/07/2019 - 10:10

Although I prefer to live alone but if I have to share a three-bedroom house with two female housemates then I will gladly do it.

Submitted by cittàutopica on Tue, 23/07/2019 - 20:10

Do you prefer to share a house or live alone? I experienced living together with two colleagues and it went easily.

Submitted by ali328 on Tue, 23/07/2019 - 06:33

I don't like to share a house. I really like to live alone. I like to spend time with my friends, but I like to live alone.

Submitted by Matthew S on Sat, 20/07/2019 - 21:36

I prefer to share my house mostly because I don't like being alone, since I like having someone to talk to.

Submitted by Lameed Mohamed on Sat, 20/07/2019 - 15:25

I think living alone is a little bit hard and scary .. U can't handle with everythings and of course presence of a housemate is helpful and funny ..

Submitted by ayusisi on Fri, 19/07/2019 - 12:45

I prefer to live alone in an ensuite room instead of share with other people. But I want there is someone else around me in another room. I can do anything that I like without disturbing and annoying other people. I can sing loudly because I really like singing.

Submitted by Aminaliban on Thu, 18/07/2019 - 11:48

I prefer to live alone. Because when I sleeping or praying I like my around to be silent or even if I whant to talk to my friends over the phone.

Submitted by Julia Rahma on Thu, 18/07/2019 - 03:51

I prefer living alone so i can do many things without disturbing anyone and also have a privacy if i living alone, but now i can't living alone cause i still underage

Submitted by musab on Wed, 17/07/2019 - 10:56

i prefer to live alone unfortunately i dont have enough money for that so i have to find a housemate for living

Submitted by Tử Dương on Wed, 17/07/2019 - 08:30

I prefer to share my house with a pretty girl!

Submitted by Rishi_9335 on Tue, 16/07/2019 - 08:15

I prefer to live alone.

Submitted by OlgaBut on Wed, 10/07/2019 - 17:17

I prefer live alone.

Submitted by chris-kutte on Thu, 04/07/2019 - 08:54

If I could have a single ensuite room I would share a house with other nice guys. Otherwise I'd like to live rather alone in a small flat near the city centre.

Submitted by shahramuteng on Wed, 03/07/2019 - 22:06

If I have to live without my parent, prefer to live alone. but I like get-together friends or family. and if I have to get a shared house I prefer to have a personal ensuite single room and shared a kitchen and living room.

Submitted by popo1011 on Mon, 01/07/2019 - 07:03

I prefer to be along because when I study or do my work, my around should be silent. and i have mindfulness.whatever i like to talk someones in my leisure and share our experiences .

Submitted by iEdd on Thu, 27/06/2019 - 03:43

I prefer living alone in a house. I repect others and I'm too patient. But I enjoy solitude and doing stuff like listeninng music with high volume, that are better without any obviously.

Submitted by Raman_G on Wed, 26/06/2019 - 02:25

I Prefer to share with friends, it’s good to help each other, and support each other. Depending upon our circumstances we can choose to stay alone or share a house. if you can afford rent, and you need more privacy better to stay alone, so when you study no one can interrupt. They both have their advantages or disadvantages, all those we need to consider according to our circumstances. Personally, I prefer to share with a house

Submitted by Cho on Mon, 24/06/2019 - 14:10

At the moment, I prefer stay alone.

Submitted by Rodomi on Fri, 21/06/2019 - 16:29

Both to live alone and to share a house are lovely all depends just on a moment you are living your priorities and temperament. I never lived alone.  When I was young, I shared houses with my friends because I needed to study and save money. Nowadays, I live with my two daughters, and this experience is incredible.

Submitted by farazhussain on Tue, 11/06/2019 - 14:39

Considering the tenants have good manners and a friendly nature, its better to have someone with whom you can talk with. And I have my own room though where I can spend my personal time with privacy.

Submitted by Aicha1 on Sun, 09/06/2019 - 16:57

For me I prefer living alone than sharing a house,because I sleep when I want olso studying ,so I avoid to be with a roommate.

Submitted by abdalhameed on Fri, 07/06/2019 - 18:31

Hello i am new in this site. thanks for this helpful and amazing site. i prefer to be alone in my sleeping and studying room,no problem to share another parts with known tidy person.

Submitted by shamsukprm on Fri, 07/06/2019 - 07:20

An ensuite shared bed room available in a four bed room Villa. There is shared living room with kitchen. Rent Rs. 5000 a month excluding bills. Parking available, No Hypermarket or malls Near the villa. A grocery store and restaurant available.

Submitted by Mya on Thu, 06/06/2019 - 16:06

I love sharing with housemate or roommate. Its really fun and exciting may be i am outgoing and making new friends. You can have great things from different people in the world. Should try some.

Submitted by BING70 on Thu, 06/06/2019 - 13:49

When I study or do my homework I'd like to be on by own and it's better to have no noise around. When I have problem I need someone to discuss with, or when I feel happy, sad, frustrated, excited and so forth I'd like to share them with someone. So I prefer to share a flat or house but have my own private area to study. I wish to share with someone tidy, self-regulation and friendly.

Submitted by Aye Thet Phyu on Mon, 03/06/2019 - 10:27

Hello, i will always thanks to all of your team for getting to improve my English because i couldn't learn the English skills as i hadn't enough time last time. However, i can learn as try as i can because of yours without took the English course. Thank you so much again. ATP.

Submitted by moaaxali on Tue, 28/05/2019 - 03:05

I prefer living alone, this way you keep everything according to you, but if you have friends or people whom you already know well, then it is better to share a house.

Submitted by Setareh on Mon, 20/05/2019 - 03:47

I prefer to share a house with my family, but I need to an ensuite room in a the house.

Submitted by Ahmadbassam on Fri, 17/05/2019 - 15:57

Do you prefer to share a house or live alone? really, i prefer live alone ,or share a house with one housemate but i live in single room and he lives in a single room . with shared kitchen .

Submitted by Wahiba on Tue, 14/05/2019 - 09:16

I prefer to live alone, I need to be in the quiet and tidy house. I don’t appreciate that things change a round me. But it’s wonderful to receive friends and famil.

Submitted by Liv hoang on Fri, 10/05/2019 - 05:51

I prefer to share a house with other than live alone. But if our housemate is not satisfied with us, everything can become terrible! :)

Submitted by lengoclam on Wed, 08/05/2019 - 13:41

I prefer to live alone because I am comfortable to do anything I want to do.

Submitted by saydin on Sat, 04/05/2019 - 07:41

I prefer to not share a house because I think not safe.

Submitted by Ana Luisa Sanc… on Thu, 02/05/2019 - 18:04

I prefer share house. You can meet new people and enrich your live with differents experiences and cultures

Submitted by Setareh on Wed, 01/05/2019 - 04:03

I prefer to live alone because I think if you want to share a house with others, you have to be same behavior for your convenience.

Submitted by bachhx on Tue, 30/04/2019 - 05:58

Single room available in a three-bedroom house in Hanoi. Ten minutes by car from the center. Move in 1st August. Shared bathroom and kitchen with a couple house, no parking. @$600 per month, excluding bills. No pets. Contact 096644 for viewing.

Submitted by mtalebi on Sun, 28/04/2019 - 18:37

If I can find a compatible housemate with myself, I prefer to share.

Submitted by conan-ku on Sat, 27/04/2019 - 16:58

I prefer to share a house for many reasons : firs,t having a housemate will make me feel safe, second, It is a new experience that builds a new skill, finally, if the housemate is a nice person this can be a new friendship.

Submitted by sky92 on Sun, 14/04/2019 - 12:49

Hi everyone. I'm new. Nice to meet you all! Truly, I'm not good at English so if there are any mistakes, please help me correct them. Thank you very much! Do you prefer to share a house or live alone? I prefer to live alone. Because I can do anything I like without concerning anyone' s thought. I feel free. Hahaha