Air travel

Do the exercises to improve your vocabulary for air travel.

Are you ready to take your vocabulary to the next level?

B1 English level (intermediate)

Submitted by Finn Pete on Fri, 19/03/2021 - 13:32

I noticed, there is tecknically no right answer to select to the question of where you can see all the flights, cause departures are only half of the flights on an airport.

Hi Finn Pete,

I've rephrased the question to make it clearer. Thanks for letting us know :)

Jonathan

Submitted by Finn Pete on Fri, 19/03/2021 - 06:12

Using iPad to fill the blancks the keyboard (on-screen) automatically starts with a capitol letter, which then result an error. Slightly annoying, but ofcource I now stand corrected. The longest trip I ever took was from Kahului, Maui HI to Helsinki, Finland, which took 38 hours and had four legs. The longest flight on my way was from Chicago to Manchester. That took 9.5 hours. The Red-eye from LA to Chicago was tolling allready before the intercontinental to UK. The direct distance from Hawaii to Helsinki is the longest possible, cause Hawaii is right on the opposite side of the World. Twelve hours apart by time zones. Longest ever direct flight has been Helsinki - Bangkok, Thailand, which took about 11 hours.

Submitted by cittàutopica on Thu, 18/03/2021 - 14:45

I travelled by plane many times, both for holiday and work, but my travels by plane are quite short (three hours, if at all), because I don't like the travels too much long-lasting, where i can't move around.

Submitted by ANOUAR on Fri, 12/03/2021 - 08:40

I have never travelled in a plane, but soon I'm going to do so!

Submitted by Andrea Valencia on Mon, 08/03/2021 - 22:35

Yes, I have traveled by air, the longest flight I have taken was from Cali to Bogota, it lasted thirty minutes.

Submitted by Lilibeth-30 on Tue, 02/03/2021 - 22:49

Hi, I have traveled ones time and I remember the longest flight was of 8 hours from Argentina. That was awesomely cool,because it was my first flight another country.

Submitted by Claudia18 on Thu, 25/02/2021 - 22:05

Yes, I travelled by air, but the flights were of maximum four hours from Buenos Aires to Lima. I enjoy travel and know the stores at the airport, although sometimes I have waited many hours for a connecting flight.

Submitted by Mohamed Abduka… on Wed, 24/02/2021 - 08:36

this is was fun, I really enjoy collect answers, and the vocabulary was so easy, that because I travel with a plane a lot

Submitted by Verna Budi Amanda on Tue, 23/02/2021 - 10:21

to be honest, i have never travelled by a plane. i never travelled that far too so taking a plane is unnecessary. but i'd like to try!

Submitted by mohamad90 on Wed, 10/02/2021 - 20:40

The best item of an air travel is reaching to the destination. I feel bad all time in airplane because of nausea! So I think travel with train is the best election. Its safe, cheaper than airplane and enjoyable...

Submitted by Bau on Thu, 04/02/2021 - 16:50

I have travelled to Liverpool for four months. It took over 15 hours from Vietnam to UK. It was the first time I stayed long time in the airplane.

Submitted by jai kumar on Tue, 02/02/2021 - 11:19

Hello to all. I am a new user. Looking forward to learning english. Yes, I have travelled multiple times by air. The longest flight was of 15 hours duration, from Karachi to Singapore. I enjoy air flights. This gives an opportunity to visit and explore various national and international airports. Travelling by aeroplane is much safer, easier and quicker than other forms of transport.

Submitted by Tessa Garcia on Fri, 15/01/2021 - 11:31

I traveled by plane many times. Seven years ago I went from Spain to Thailand and the trip was fifteen hours.

Submitted by mhd91mode on Tue, 12/01/2021 - 20:06

yes, I tried traveling by airplane once before, the journey took 3hours, I slept the entire journey because I was exhausted.

Submitted by marienyslara88 on Sun, 10/01/2021 - 13:36

The longest flight I have taken was from Venezuela to Madrid with around 10 hours.

Submitted by marlio96 on Fri, 08/01/2021 - 17:46

Yes, I have traveled by air some times here in my country among cities, the flights aren't long, it takes forty-five minutes approximately. The longest travel I have made by air was Bogota-San Andres Island, I enjoyed it so much this travel, it took one hour and a half, it was so beautiful to see the see before and after the landing. The thing I most scare about a flight is the takeoff.

Submitted by Marko Drop on Wed, 06/01/2021 - 10:30

Yes. I travelled by plane. When I was 8. It was flight to Egypt (just couple hours). Our family prefer to travel by car. It is more comfortable and you don`t need to wait for your departure day if you want to visit another city or country.

Submitted by Elham Barakat on Sat, 02/01/2021 - 14:55

I have travelled by air 3 times. It's a marvelous experience and joyful thing. My previous flight wasn't as long as much .It only takes 2 hours or less.
Profile picture for user amit_ck

Submitted by amit_ck on Mon, 28/12/2020 - 04:15

Turn Out means to happen or become known to happen in a particular way What will be the best synonym here if I want to rephrase below this example • It turns out that she had known him when they were children

Hi amit_ck,

I'd suggest one of these options.

• It appears ...
  • It seems ...
  • It transpires ...

The last option is formal in style. What do you think, do these options capture your meaning?

Best wishes,

Jonathan

Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Sun, 20/12/2020 - 14:33

Mybe around 13 hours on board. Long journey!

Submitted by franciscakaras on Sat, 19/12/2020 - 17:39

Yes, I travelled more than 10 times by air plane. And the longest flight I had taken was to Brazil. As you know the flight takes normally 9 hours. It's so long... But in the end it pays off because Brazil is an incredible country.
Hello, Francisca! Nice to read this. I am Brazilian. What cities do you visit in my country? I live in Rio de Janeiro.

Submitted by Hoàng Đông on Sat, 19/12/2020 - 15:54

Hello everyone. My name is Dong, I'm from Vietnam. Today I want to share about my experience when I go to another country by plane. That is Indonesia. That was the first time I got in the plane so that I felt nervous and scared. But with my curiosity all that feeling disappeared as soon as the plane took off. I tried to look down at the fields and houses. Suddenly I feel sad, I realized that I had to left my country for a new life. I thought that was everyone's common feeling. I had to fight for my choices. Furthermore, I didn't get plane-sick,but I couldn't eat, sleep and my ears wasn't comfortable. I finally arrived. Thanks be to God. So many things I want to share with you but I have no time. Thank you for your reading. I wish you a Merry Christmas. The Child Jesus and Maria be with you all.

Submitted by mr.yashar on Sun, 13/12/2020 - 12:08

its amazing and wonderful.i learn more worlds and its useful.

Submitted by Rauf Ahmad Shahzad on Fri, 11/12/2020 - 23:53

Its really amazing.

Submitted by Chopper234 on Tue, 08/12/2020 - 07:00

I travelled to Thai 1 year ago. I was checking and did everything in this unit. That's a wonderful time. Cause that is the first time i go abroad. Even I can't speak Thai language , but there are many people use English and Vietnamese languages. I went to Safari park which is the largest Park in East Asian. Many type of wild animal i didn't see before. My trip last 3 hours, so it seem comfortable when i was on plane.

Submitted by Thu Ha Nguyen on Sat, 05/12/2020 - 13:51

The first time I traveled by plane when I moved to Germany. It took 20 hours from Vietnam to Germany. I got a plane-sick. I couldn´t eat anything and sleep on the plane. It was horrible. Now, I travel more often. So I don´t get sick anymore. I´ve already traveled to Turkey, Thailand, Indonesia. I really love traveling.

Submitted by Bahsan on Fri, 27/11/2020 - 08:14

Really I like this course
Profile picture for user Helena Clever

Submitted by Helena Clever on Mon, 23/11/2020 - 12:04

I've never flied by a plane but I really want to try to be in the air.

Submitted by Laila Amine on Wed, 18/11/2020 - 08:59

thanks for this lesson i have been in an airport before and its so good to know different vocabulary

Submitted by Ayuloraine sit… on Tue, 17/11/2020 - 03:59

i live in Cambodia but my country is Indonesia, so i always travelled by air from Indonesia to Cambodia, sometimes i go travelled to Kuala Lumpur and to other city in my country, it took 2 or 3 hours.

Submitted by Cecilio Franzoni on Sat, 14/11/2020 - 17:57

Few years ago, I was living in Brazil, the flight is about nine hours. I had been in different airports, in USA, Mexico, Panama and Ireland too.
Hi, Cecilio! Really? I am Brazilian. In which city did you live? I am from Rio de Janeiro. Happy New year!

Submitted by Oti on Sat, 07/11/2020 - 07:47

Normally I travel every year by plane. I travel from Italy to Australia, so I have been in many airports like Dubai, Doha, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne and Sydney.

Submitted by VR Unnikrishnan on Fri, 06/11/2020 - 13:23

I always love to travel particularly by aeroplane, and my nature of work inevitably requires frequent travel on three country's because I am heading the Sales and Marketing activities in three countries which are UAE, Oman and Qatar. My most favourite airport is Dubai Airport, especially the Marhaba lounge is so nice. I probably prefer to travel at night; I love travelling.

Submitted by Fsh on Tue, 27/10/2020 - 12:51

Yes,I have. I have travelled three times between Lebanon and The UAE and the journey takes about three and a half hours.

Submitted by carrascodark on Mon, 26/10/2020 - 18:55

I travelled by plane many times, I'm sure I can count with my hands. Normally, I travelled to Mallorca because I have family in there. I remember travelling aproximately in 2018 and 2017, maybe 2010. I feel comfortable and secure travel by plane and also I can contemplated the views in the plane with the Mediterranean Sea!
Profile picture for user Keyla

Submitted by Keyla on Thu, 22/10/2020 - 23:34

Travel by air scares me a lot!!! I prefer taking a train or a bus. It is comfi, save and cheap also.

Submitted by Nguyen Van Anh… on Thu, 15/10/2020 - 15:32

I have 3 flights on two years recently. Fisrt, it is flight to Dalat, Vietnam. the second an the third flight to Thailand. These are wonderful experiences. Respect.

Submitted by ReaRey on Tue, 13/10/2020 - 17:52

I traveled by air 8 times. The longest flight was to Sweden. I was traveling 3 hours.

Submitted by habibao.medo on Sat, 10/10/2020 - 11:39

yes , i have travelled by air several time , the longest flight was 2 hours
Profile picture for user AnastasiyaRadi

Submitted by AnastasiyaRadi on Thu, 08/10/2020 - 15:06

I have never travelled by plane. I don't know how I would get over it. I think that I can handle it

Submitted by Dana Levi on Wed, 07/10/2020 - 10:45

Yes, Ilike to travell. My longest flight was to chine with connection in Frankfurt. Doot to door it taked more than 24 hours.

Submitted by flavie.A on Mon, 28/09/2020 - 00:46

Of course yes , I've traveled by air and my longest flight was the journey from my country to France . It takes seven hours for the trip. When ever I have to go pay a visit to my family, it's a great matter of concern and very stressful.
Profile picture for user cassiamattos2013

Submitted by cassiamattos2013 on Tue, 22/09/2020 - 18:19

I love to travel by air. My longest flight was when I was in London with take off in Sao Paulo and first land in Madri and second land in London. We travel for 12 hours, inside the plane.

Submitted by khadijam on Mon, 21/09/2020 - 01:36

yeah, many times. The longest one was to Malysia and it was a very tiring journey