Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
Subject: Great presentation!
I'm just writing to say well done on your presentation this morning. It was not an easy task and I'm glad it went well.
You were well prepared. The content was relevant and easy to follow. You also thought about the questions people would have. I think they were impressed! I'm sure everyone feels happier about the new system now.
If you have time, please could you listen to my presentation for next week?
See you later
- Write a clear subject line.
- It's OK to start with Hi for an informal or friendly email.
- Start with your reason for writing:
I'm just writing to say …
- Give specific feedback about things that went well:
The content was relevant and interesting …
It was easy to follow …
… you thought about the questions people would have.
- Say what effect their work has had:
I think they were impressed!
I'm sure everyone feels happier about the new system now.
- You can finish with See you later or Speak soon.
Do you need to improve your English writing skills?
Join thousands of learners from around the world who are improving their English writing skills with our live online classes and personal tutoring courses.
We're happy to hear that. Thanks for your kind comment :)
The LearnEnglish Team