Online course introductions

Learn how to introduce yourself on an online course.

Reading text

New messages

10 Sep, 00:04 – Israa Al Ahmadi

Hi everyone! I'm from Qatar. Nice to meet you. It's my first time studying online. I hope to learn a lot from the course and from all of you!

9 Sep, 15:04 – Jonathan Davies

Welcome everyone. I'm Canadian but living in Scotland. The last time I studied anything was forty years ago … I'm a bit nervous! Good luck, everyone!

9 Sep, 11:21 – Le Thi Ha

Hello. I'm so happy to be doing this course. I've finished two other online courses this year so I'm looking forward to my third. I'm from Vietnam by the way. Looking forward to meeting you all!

9 Sep, 10:43 – Carlos Garcia Gonzales

Hi! Looks like I'm the first one here so … hi to everyone who joins the course and nice to meet you! Good luck with the course and see you in the next lesson!

Tips

1. Keep your introduction short and clear.

2. Say hello and give a little bit of information about yourself. Don’t say anything too private or personal.

3. You can say what you hope to get or learn.

4. Wish people good luck.

5. You don’t have to write full sentences.

6. You might use more exclamation marks (!) than in formal writing because it looks friendly.

Submitted by gachatama26 on Tue, 23/06/2020 - 12:19

I think studying online is really wonderful way to learn something. Now, I have been studying all learning online because of Covid-19. And I have been taking online English conversation which talk with Filipino in English for 6 months. For these experiences, I have noticed some attractive points about studying online. At first, I think we can learn and exchange opinions with different people around the world and acquire many knowledges by studying online. For instance, I have learned many things besides English by taking online English conversation such as foreign culture, teacher’s experience and thinking. Studying with people all over the world is like a miracle and really valuable for us. Next, I’m living in Japan and studying English now. So, I didn’t have many opportunities to use English before I started online English conversation. However, I’ve gotten more opportunities to expose English since I began it. Studying online is very useful tool to learn foreign languages. If we do studying online, we can learn efficiently and acquire a lot of things anywhere, anytime, with anyone. And it broadens our world. So, I think we should adopt more and more studying online.

Submitted by Bella on Fri, 19/06/2020 - 17:18

Good morning everyone! I am Bella. This is the first time I take an online course. I hope I can learn a lot and efficacy from this course. Hope to see all of you in the near future. --------------------------------------------- I like studying online because of convenient of online class - Firstly, I can utilize my time by saving transportation time and use it for self-studying - Secondly, in pandemic context, this is the safest way to protect me and my family away from the risk of infection virus or bacteria disease - Lastly, nowadays technology supports for learning online. We can stay at home and connect to the world via the internet and online platforms.

Submitted by Dilnoza Sulaymonova on Fri, 12/06/2020 - 07:55

Hello! I'm Dilnoza from Bukhara,Uzbekistan.I enjoy studying online.Good luck

Submitted by eshan.saif on Fri, 05/06/2020 - 21:19

It is more relaxing to study in online rather than studying in institutions. Online studying saves time while in the institutional study there are many things to worry about transportation which is time-consuming. Besides, another thing I like very much in the online study platform there are several people from different cultures and areas and they can have different thoughts which are very helpful when everyone spreads their ideas and thoughts amongst all others in that same platform.

Submitted by Clarissa on Sat, 23/05/2020 - 12:07

Hi everyone! My name is Clarissa and I'm from the city of Porto, Portugal. I'm very happy to participate of this learning process with you guys. I think learning about internet data in a group setting will be a profit to all of us. I have already so much to share with you and also to ask you. Good luck for everyone! Looking forward to meeting you again, Clarissa

Submitted by Ali07 on Wed, 20/05/2020 - 20:31

There are some reasons to like studing online : 1- Win time that we can spend in traffic. 2- fix the course with tutors according to our schedule. 3- We can feel some freedom to explain our circumstances.

Submitted by ngocnguyen on Mon, 18/05/2020 - 15:20

Hi everyone! I'm Lucy, from Vietnam. nice to meet you. this is the first time i join a online course. i hope to learn a lot from the course and from all of you! good luck. i'm looking forward to studying with you!

Submitted by mouna99 on Sun, 17/05/2020 - 15:04

I enjot studying online, it's a good opportunity to learn new skills, and get interact with many students to share informations

Submitted by Ladan on Fri, 01/05/2020 - 01:52

Hi everyone. I am Iranian but I am living England. I am a bit nervous because it’s first time I want to study online course. I hope to learn lot of course and all of you.

Submitted by jennieyoung on Mon, 20/04/2020 - 12:02

Hi! I'm Jennie, from Japan. Glad to meet you. It's my first time I'm studying an online course. I hope I will learn a lot from this course and all of you. Good luck with the course and see you in the next lesson.

Submitted by Daudau0601 on Sat, 18/04/2020 - 05:05

I quite like studying online course because it's flexible and convenient for me. I can learn anytime and anywhere whenever i have free time , i don't need to go to the English center, it's far from me. Moreover i can also interact with many friends around the world and learn from them useful things, it's so amazing! For example, i really like this course, it's not only free but also has full skills and excited test for me to improve English skill . Many thanks

Submitted by FRANCY JACQUEL… on Wed, 15/04/2020 - 20:52

In this moment study on line English, by the corona virus , my schooll it is closed

Submitted by Sergei Baskakov on Thu, 09/04/2020 - 12:23

I like online courses because I don't have to go somewhere and spend my time in traffic. I can also meet other people from other countries, so it's amazing!

Submitted by OlaIELTS on Wed, 01/04/2020 - 15:49

What I like about studying online is that its allows ease of time and convenient time for learning.

Submitted by rivercountryside on Wed, 11/03/2020 - 06:39

I think I like the course online because I can study anyplace and anytime.

Submitted by Magedelabd on Wed, 19/02/2020 - 05:41

What I like about studying on line that you not limited by time or place so you can arrange all of that according to my circumstances.

Submitted by Stela Stoycheva on Mon, 17/02/2020 - 11:50

I never learning online, I watching online video lesson, listen online... but never learn in that way. But I want to try if it`s not so expensive.

Submitted by Vidyasagar on Tue, 11/02/2020 - 09:39

These courses are good. It's a good opportunity to interact with so many students across the globe. It is flexible and convenient because I can learn whenever i have free time. They are interactive. More interactive when it comes to writing, but less when it comes to speaking. Please make more courses about speaking also.

Hello Vidyasagar

Thanks for your feedback. I wanted to let you know that we are working on some new Speaking skills pages. I'm afraid it will be several months before they are ready, but please do keep an eye out for them in the future.

All the best

Submitted by shahhoseini on Wed, 01/01/2020 - 13:53

The online course is better for the persons that are not enough time to go to the class.

Submitted by Dariusz on Wed, 13/11/2019 - 14:04

I would like to studying online. all way to practise new skills are good. it's a good and quickly way to learn anything what do you want.

Submitted by Daniela Rodríguez on Tue, 22/10/2019 - 20:37

Hello!!! I am Daniela Rodríguez, student of English in Universidad Nacional de Cuyo. I like read yours comments!!

Submitted by Ola Jamal on Tue, 24/09/2019 - 19:23

I like online courses because it is flexible, so I can get lessons whenever I have time. And I can take courses that are not available in my country. Also in online courses there are people from different countries and backgrounds which really enriching the feedback for most online-course students.

Submitted by aliyazdan on Wed, 18/09/2019 - 19:31

Hello evryone. I 'm intrested in learning English online, I hope to learn English more. gool luck, The LearnEnglish Team and evryone that come here to learn Eglish!

Submitted by Mahfuzur Rahman on Wed, 11/09/2019 - 17:58

I like studying online because It's on my time. But the British council doesn't take it very engaging because they didn't provide suggestions or correct the mistake in the comment section. So, I don't feel any motivation to give comments.

Hello Mahfuzur Rahman

We would love to be able to provide feedback for our users, but I'm afraid that we just have the resources to be able to offer such a service for free. Please know that we're happy to help with short, specific questions about anything on any of our pages, so if you ever such a question, please do ask it here.

You might also want to consider checking out our Online English courses.

All the best

Submitted by cittàutopica on Sun, 11/08/2019 - 19:43

I like studying online because I can choose the time for my lessons, without limits.

Submitted by shalliirda on Mon, 05/08/2019 - 16:45

hi guys! my name is shalli and im so happy to be a part of this online english course. the task, explanations, and learning metods are very good. hope you guys english skills will be improve.

Submitted by TP on Sun, 04/08/2019 - 04:38

Hi friends! I think studying online gives you several benefits. Firstly, time is so flexible and you can study whenever it is possible. No matter wherever you are, you can get the most updated education. It is so important for developing nations as they have limited access to high quality education at face-to-face classes. On the other hand, you can join the international community and share your ideas and experience.

Submitted by randyjay on Sun, 04/08/2019 - 04:31

Hello everyone, nice to meet you all.Wish you do this online course very well Good luck !!

Submitted by teddysl on Sun, 04/08/2019 - 04:31

i think online learning is the best because it's flexible!

Submitted by randyjay on Sun, 04/08/2019 - 04:29

Its save money and time.and we can do exercise anytime we want

Submitted by Santika on Fri, 02/08/2019 - 11:44

What I like about studying online is flexible time and place to learn.

Submitted by hunterhugo on Mon, 29/07/2019 - 14:48

Hi everyone! Nice to meet you. I'm so happy to be doing this course. Good luck, Everyone!

Submitted by Mairo on Mon, 29/07/2019 - 14:26

Hello everyone!! My name is Paul and I'm very happy to be part of this website, and I looking foward to learn more with you guys :D!!!

Submitted by icaromiranda on Mon, 29/07/2019 - 14:25

Hello everyone, my name is Icaro and i'm very happy with this task and learning method ,pretty good

Submitted by iEdd on Thu, 11/07/2019 - 14:34

I enjoy sharing with people around the world, so be it this way. Doing thing at my rythim and my time, and there's a lot of information that I can use.

Submitted by chris-kutte on Wed, 10/07/2019 - 21:43

I like to self-study online because I safe a lot of money and time. And I can learn whenever and wherever I want.

Submitted by Cho on Sat, 06/07/2019 - 16:32

Hi everyone! Nice to meet you. I'm so happy to be doing this course. Good luck,every one!

Submitted by Rodomi on Thu, 04/07/2019 - 16:29

I like to study on the computer. I do not live in an English-speaking country. I do not know anyone who speaks English. On the computer, I study when I want, in the morning or at night. On the computer, I like to use listening and writing web site. I like to learn English online.

Submitted by Wykies Dang on Mon, 01/07/2019 - 15:03

Hello everyone, I'm a learner English from Vietnam. I want to communicate by English confidently. Good luck and see all you again in the next lesson!

Submitted by Setareh on Sat, 25/05/2019 - 10:22

I like studing online because I can save money and time.

Submitted by saydin on Tue, 21/05/2019 - 21:12

Hi everyone! I like online course, because I don't spend too much time and money

Submitted by mtalebi on Mon, 29/04/2019 - 06:47

If a online course is high quality and very well managed, it can save both money and time.

Submitted by lianamkrtchyan on Tue, 09/04/2019 - 11:22

It's a great opportunity to be able to study online, as you can easily do it during your free time, and this will not affect your main job.

Submitted by SaraA on Mon, 08/04/2019 - 21:20

I think that online studying is easier and save money and time to students. So, any person can learn more by registration in many courses and improve his skills and knowledge. Also, you can meet a lot of people from different countries. You can make new friends, and you'll know more about the traditions and habits of other societies.

Submitted by sarmadziad on Wed, 03/04/2019 - 12:04

Submitted by Stanley Alvarez on Mon, 01/04/2019 - 16:16

About online study, I like meeting a lot of people and learning many thing for my personal growing. If is about an english online course, I hope to improve my speaking, reading, writing and listening abilities. Also, I hope to fun a lot!!!

Submitted by Achmad Shocheb on Thu, 28/03/2019 - 05:43

Hi everyone! I'm Shocheb from Indonesia. Nice to meet you! I'm so happy doing this course. I've taken several online course before, and I think learning english at british council website is a really good way. I'm looking forward to studying every lesson at this website. Good luck everyone!

Submitted by Estudent on Fri, 08/03/2019 - 13:58

Because I don't spent time to move in class school