A text message invitation

Learn how to write a text message invitation to a friend.

Reading text
Sandra
online

Hey! Want to meet for a drink after work?

14:16

Cool, what time do you finish?

14:21

Late as always crying

14:22

Me too. Msg me when you leave

14:22

OK. Where do you want to go?

14:23

IDK. I might be hungry tho

14:24

Good point.

14:25

I'll think of somewhere to eat.

14:25

I know what you're like when you're hungry! wink

14:27

LOL, I'm not that bad!

14:31

Don't worry. We can meet at the bus stop and decide then.

14:31

yes See you later

14:32

Tips

1. You don't need to write complete sentences.
  2. You can use abbreviations like LOL (= laugh out loud) or IDK (= I don't know) to save time.
  3. Use emojis smiley to add feelings.
  4. You don't need to use full stops (.) at the end of messages.

Submitted by Rodomi on Sat, 22/06/2019 - 19:29

I prefer to send a text of messages when I invite my friends to meet for a movie or dinner. I also send a text of messages when I want to talk about daily issues in life with my friends or family. However, I like to speak on the cell phone with my friends for a short trip at the weekends and other important plans.

Submitted by Abdo sleem on Thu, 20/06/2019 - 20:49

I prefer to speak with my friends it’s easy to have fast plan for a lot of subjects and allow Us to understand together very fast but sometimes may be have to write depending on the situation.

Submitted by abdalhameed on Sat, 15/06/2019 - 13:35

I prefer to speak to friends to make plans.

Submitted by Praveen kumar on Sat, 08/06/2019 - 12:51

I love to send messages to my friend and emojis are so cute they each of them have different feelings and they are awesome but phone calls are quick to spake to take a plan or decision.

Submitted by shamsukprm on Fri, 07/06/2019 - 07:43

Where V can meet IDK Call you later tnx

Submitted by Mya on Thu, 06/06/2019 - 16:14

I prefer talk to my friend. I think its best to discuss about everything and decide.

Submitted by BING70 on Thu, 06/06/2019 - 14:07

I think it depends. If it's not in a hurry I prefer to text messages to contact with my friends. But if it's complicated and it can't be spoke just in few words I'd prefer to talk face-to-face with friends to make a big, complex plan.

Submitted by Ahmadbassam on Sun, 19/05/2019 - 14:30

It depends. sometimes i use a messenger to make plans with my friends and sometimes i use the phone calls for make plans with them.

Submitted by lengoclam on Thu, 09/05/2019 - 14:57

I prefer to speak with my friends to make plans. However, In fact, we are now working and we don't have lots of time to meet. Thus, text messages is helpful for me to make plans. With the modern of information technology nowaday, every person have a smartphone or more. Making a plan really too easily.

Submitted by Liv hoang on Wed, 08/05/2019 - 06:02

I don't send lots of text messages, I prefer call to make plan than.

Submitted by saydin on Sat, 04/05/2019 - 07:59

of course, I have a lot of whatsapp groups. everytime, plans do by my friends. usually, I read msg and I confirm lol

Submitted by Pawani on Wed, 01/05/2019 - 13:49

yes.I have lots of text messages and sometimes I send voice messages. so I prefer to speak to friends to make plans.

Submitted by Setareh on Wed, 01/05/2019 - 04:33

I prefer to send lots of msg to my friends to make plans because I have time for check my work and I can check our msg later;

Submitted by conan-ku on Sat, 27/04/2019 - 17:22

I prefer making a call to determine a plan rather than writing a message. sending messages means waiting for answers, why I have to wait if I can hear it immediately through the phone, just an opinion.

Submitted by Ali1313 on Mon, 22/04/2019 - 00:29

These days we are busier with work and study than ever before, in most cases meeting friend face-to-face for making a plan is not possible, although it might be more friendly. Indeed, I am not an exception. I prefer to leave a message to save time especially when I do not know in what situations my friends are, I mean when I am calling them. They might be at the University or in the library. LOL

Submitted by Olya1502 on Sun, 14/04/2019 - 08:56

Hello teacher! Please explain me. Task 1, sentence "They know where they will meet" - correct answer is "true". But do they really know? According to text (in my opinion) they don't know which place (the exact place) they will go...
Hello Olyalya They are meeting at the bus stop. Once they meet, they will decide where to go. Does that make sense? All the best Kirk The LearnEnglish Team

Submitted by SaraA on Mon, 01/04/2019 - 12:08

Usually, my friends and I use the messages for planning. I think texting better than making a call because it gives you a chance to organize your day quietly.

Submitted by Stanley Alvarez on Tue, 26/03/2019 - 16:34

I prefer send messages for meet my friends. Though, when I speak them, normally we make plans with more details. About Task 1, I have a question: according to text it seem they are going to change the plan, because they are agree to go for a drink though, but one of them send the text "might be hungry". Then, ¿Answer might be "False" to point five?
Hello Stanley, The speakers are going to have a drink, but it is also possible that they will have something to eat - either in the same place (a lot of pubs and cafes sell food as well as drinks) or somewhere else. Thus, the answer to number 5 is 'true' (they are going to have a drink) and the answer to number 6 is 'false' (they may have something to eat). Peter The LearnEnglish Team

Submitted by MAO on Tue, 26/03/2019 - 13:21

In this era, it is common for people to contact others with phone or text messages. I grew up in the generation of booming of online, so i am used to reaching my friends or my families with text messages. Ridiculously, I feel leisure and comfortable when i face the screen or smartphone to send messages to my friends. i behave more actively and energetically, who has large difference from the one who meet others face to face. When i recognize the problems, i start to involve myself in some groups and get close to the crowd. I hope that i can pick up the temperature of interaction between people. Only if i feel the it, i could get along with others more casually.

Submitted by YuKo.yykl95 on Tue, 26/03/2019 - 08:48

I do send a lot of message to friend to make plan. We have our group chat. When we plan for dinner or night out plan or something. We do message a lot in our group chat.Beside group chat is so much fun. I'm sure every bff group have their own group chat.