Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
From: Laura Mazzanti
To: David Kelly, HR Manager
Subject: Application for sales manager position
Dear Mr Kelly,
I am writing in response to the job advertisement on the ABC Jobs website for the position of sales manager.
I have five years of experience in sales. For the last three years, I have worked as a team leader, managing a team of 20 sales assistants in a large store. I have experience in hiring, training and managing staff. I have good communication skills and I can speak Italian, Spanish and English.
I have attached my CV with more information about my background and qualifications.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
- Be specific in the subject line and say what job you are applying for.
- Start your email with Dear Mr/Mrs/Ms + person's surname.
- Say where you saw the advertisement.
- Say which job you're applying for. You can use the sentence I'm writing in response to the job advertisement for the position of … .
- Write a short paragraph to say why you're suitable for the job. Mention your education, qualifications, work experience or skills.
- Attach a CV (also known as a résumé in the USA) with more information about your qualifications and background.
- End by saying I look forward to hearing from you soon or I hope to hear from you soon.
- Sign off with Best regards or Best wishes.