Air travel

Do the exercises to improve your vocabulary for air travel.

Are you ready to take your vocabulary to the next level?

B1 English level (intermediate)

Submitted by Peyman-Tiler on Fri, 15/10/2021 - 19:39

Yes, as I flight engineer I do it 2 or 3 times a week and the longest flight I've ever experienced is about 4 hours.

Submitted by adelmohamedali on Tue, 12/10/2021 - 11:18

Certainly not, I never travel by plane in my whole life.

Submitted by Julia Han. on Sun, 10/10/2021 - 09:44

I have travelled by airplane only one time in my life. When I was 5, my family went back to Yangon from Mandalay by plane. We got on the train for journey to Mandalay and for the way back home we took the flight. It just took 45minutes to arrive Yangon. At first, travelling by plane was my first experience so that I was excited and a little frighened. But when the plane took off I saw the little things on the ground, I enjoyed in the scene. In addition, the meal of air service made me delighted and fullfillment. I am looking forward to travelling by plane again.

Submitted by mare_bo on Sat, 09/10/2021 - 15:14

I travelled by plane few times. I really enjoyed it. It's not so different then travelling by car or bus. I like the time when the meal and beverages are served. Huge benefit of travelling by air is that you can pass a long distance in such a little time.

Submitted by Mary Oo on Fri, 08/10/2021 - 10:03

I have travelled by air once when I went a company trip to Thailand. It was an amazing experience and I got nervous and feeling anxious at first, as I have never taken a flight before. But once I settled on the plane, all my curiosity have gone as the experience is not quite different with travelling by car or high way buses. The only exciting and happy moment I have got is when the plane took off and raised to the sky. It was the only memorable experience I got so far.

Submitted by phuongphi on Sat, 02/10/2021 - 05:20

I have travelled by air many times. I often come back my hometown to visit my family on Tet holiday and on summer by air. On this vacation, I bought ticket air early because they were so expensive. Before pandemic, I travelled to some countries such as Singapore, Thailand, Myarma, Malaysia. The longest flight was to Singapore. It took me two hours to flight there.

Submitted by mariadanielale… on Mon, 26/07/2021 - 12:44

Yes I travelled by plane and I love it. The longest flight I have taken was from my country to Germany. It was 7 hours. But I enjoy it, because it was my first time in Europe.
Profile picture for user lehoangbio51

Submitted by lehoangbio51 on Thu, 15/07/2021 - 08:45

I have ever traveled by air once. I went to Thailand with my colleagues on vacation. It took around 1 hour.

Submitted by Yeldos on Tue, 13/07/2021 - 12:18

Yes, I travel by air very often. The longest flight took 7 hours from Nur-Sultan (Kazakhstan) to London (UK).

Submitted by ahmedengland on Fri, 02/07/2021 - 01:49

i didnt travelled along like u kno but i travelled to holland in 1 hour

Submitted by melina stergiotis on Fri, 25/06/2021 - 21:41

Yes, I have already travelled by air. The longest flight was from Zurich to Auckland with a flight stopp in Singapore. The whole journey lasted almost 24 hours.

Submitted by GiulianaAndy on Fri, 18/06/2021 - 00:33

I have never travelled by air. However, I would like to do it one day.

Submitted by ANOUAR on Mon, 14/06/2021 - 11:51

No I have never traveled by plane, but maybe i will try it in this year, because I want to see my girlfriend which live in another country !

Submitted by MOHAMMED YOUSE… on Sun, 06/06/2021 - 19:13

Yes, I have travelled by plane, the longest flight were from Egypt to Spain.

Submitted by andreealeder on Wed, 02/06/2021 - 13:31

I love to travel by plane. Unfortunately in this pandemic period is difficult to do this. My last flight was from England to my country. You are flying about 3 hours. I was sad when I have been seen the airports with few people. Here I am talking more about the airport from UK. I know that all the time when I was flying to and from there was full with people. Now is sad with this pandemic period.
Profile picture for user dariowins

Submitted by dariowins on Thu, 27/05/2021 - 13:17

In Cristma 2017, I took a flight to Dominican Republic, my daughter and I took a plane Madrid to Paris, and then waited for 3 hours in France. We took another plain to Dominican Republic and when we landed in my home country, I drove about 3 hours by car, it was a large travel.
Profile picture for user Erwin Thomasius

Submitted by Erwin Thomasius on Thu, 20/05/2021 - 14:15

From Brussels to Bangkok with a stopover in Delhi. I remember the very beautifull Swiss Alpes! Flying from Delhi to Thailand, I did eat a very well tasting Indian Meal. But it was 1991, a long time ago.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Sun, 16/05/2021 - 15:40

I once wasted time by booking wrong flights. Back and forth... ;|
Profile picture for user Magedelabd

Submitted by Magedelabd on Sat, 15/05/2021 - 14:00

Yes , I traveled by air many times. The longest trip was from Cairo to New York. It took about 12 hours flying without transit.

Submitted by Morrow on Fri, 30/04/2021 - 03:08

Well, I haven't ever traveled by plane.

Submitted by fontan on Thu, 29/04/2021 - 17:32

I can't remember but my family says that when I was 2 years old, we traveled by air.

Submitted by Nader Ahmed on Thu, 08/04/2021 - 17:55

Yes, I did it many times, but the longest one, when I was traveled from Egypt to China for approximately 13 hours.

Submitted by Raji Abraham on Sat, 03/04/2021 - 15:33

Yes i have traveled by air many times. Even though it was not a longest journey, i enjoyed each and every minute.

Submitted by desouza on Sat, 03/04/2021 - 14:14

the longest flight ,I have ever had, it tooks 10 hour from istanbul to bangkok. I like travel too much and I missed it. I wanna go south America if covid end up oneday. how long does it take, good knows.

Submitted by Camelia on Sat, 03/04/2021 - 04:12

Yes, I've travelled by air sometime, especially on holidays.The longest flight I've taken by now is the flight from Ha Noi to Phu Quoc.It took 15 hour.

Submitted by Abrarhussain on Thu, 01/04/2021 - 23:54

Yes, I have travelled by air from Pakistan to the UK via Doha Qatar. This is the longest flight of 12 hours I have taken.

Submitted by Frida Angeles on Wed, 24/03/2021 - 20:44

Yes, I travelled by air. The longest flight I have taken was from Mexico to London, it lasted 11 hours.

Submitted by Finn Pete on Fri, 19/03/2021 - 13:32

I noticed, there is tecknically no right answer to select to the question of where you can see all the flights, cause departures are only half of the flights on an airport.

Hi Finn Pete,

I've rephrased the question to make it clearer. Thanks for letting us know :)

Jonathan

Submitted by Finn Pete on Fri, 19/03/2021 - 06:12

Using iPad to fill the blancks the keyboard (on-screen) automatically starts with a capitol letter, which then result an error. Slightly annoying, but ofcource I now stand corrected. The longest trip I ever took was from Kahului, Maui HI to Helsinki, Finland, which took 38 hours and had four legs. The longest flight on my way was from Chicago to Manchester. That took 9.5 hours. The Red-eye from LA to Chicago was tolling allready before the intercontinental to UK. The direct distance from Hawaii to Helsinki is the longest possible, cause Hawaii is right on the opposite side of the World. Twelve hours apart by time zones. Longest ever direct flight has been Helsinki - Bangkok, Thailand, which took about 11 hours.

Submitted by cittàutopica on Thu, 18/03/2021 - 14:45

I travelled by plane many times, both for holiday and work, but my travels by plane are quite short (three hours, if at all), because I don't like the travels too much long-lasting, where i can't move around.

Submitted by ANOUAR on Fri, 12/03/2021 - 08:40

I have never travelled in a plane, but soon I'm going to do so!

Submitted by Andrea Valencia on Mon, 08/03/2021 - 22:35

Yes, I have traveled by air, the longest flight I have taken was from Cali to Bogota, it lasted thirty minutes.

Submitted by Lilibeth-30 on Tue, 02/03/2021 - 22:49

Hi, I have traveled ones time and I remember the longest flight was of 8 hours from Argentina. That was awesomely cool,because it was my first flight another country.

Submitted by Claudia18 on Thu, 25/02/2021 - 22:05

Yes, I travelled by air, but the flights were of maximum four hours from Buenos Aires to Lima. I enjoy travel and know the stores at the airport, although sometimes I have waited many hours for a connecting flight.

Submitted by Mohamed Abduka… on Wed, 24/02/2021 - 08:36

this is was fun, I really enjoy collect answers, and the vocabulary was so easy, that because I travel with a plane a lot

Submitted by Verna Budi Amanda on Tue, 23/02/2021 - 10:21

to be honest, i have never travelled by a plane. i never travelled that far too so taking a plane is unnecessary. but i'd like to try!

Submitted by mohamad90 on Wed, 10/02/2021 - 20:40

The best item of an air travel is reaching to the destination. I feel bad all time in airplane because of nausea! So I think travel with train is the best election. Its safe, cheaper than airplane and enjoyable...

Submitted by Bau on Thu, 04/02/2021 - 16:50

I have travelled to Liverpool for four months. It took over 15 hours from Vietnam to UK. It was the first time I stayed long time in the airplane.

Submitted by jai kumar on Tue, 02/02/2021 - 11:19

Hello to all. I am a new user. Looking forward to learning english. Yes, I have travelled multiple times by air. The longest flight was of 15 hours duration, from Karachi to Singapore. I enjoy air flights. This gives an opportunity to visit and explore various national and international airports. Travelling by aeroplane is much safer, easier and quicker than other forms of transport.

Submitted by Tessa Garcia on Fri, 15/01/2021 - 11:31

I traveled by plane many times. Seven years ago I went from Spain to Thailand and the trip was fifteen hours.

Submitted by mhd91mode on Tue, 12/01/2021 - 20:06

yes, I tried traveling by airplane once before, the journey took 3hours, I slept the entire journey because I was exhausted.

Submitted by marienyslara88 on Sun, 10/01/2021 - 13:36

The longest flight I have taken was from Venezuela to Madrid with around 10 hours.

Submitted by marlio96 on Fri, 08/01/2021 - 17:46

Yes, I have traveled by air some times here in my country among cities, the flights aren't long, it takes forty-five minutes approximately. The longest travel I have made by air was Bogota-San Andres Island, I enjoyed it so much this travel, it took one hour and a half, it was so beautiful to see the see before and after the landing. The thing I most scare about a flight is the takeoff.

Submitted by Marko Drop on Wed, 06/01/2021 - 10:30

Yes. I travelled by plane. When I was 8. It was flight to Egypt (just couple hours). Our family prefer to travel by car. It is more comfortable and you don`t need to wait for your departure day if you want to visit another city or country.

Submitted by Elham Barakat on Sat, 02/01/2021 - 14:55

I have travelled by air 3 times. It's a marvelous experience and joyful thing. My previous flight wasn't as long as much .It only takes 2 hours or less.
Profile picture for user amit_ck

Submitted by amit_ck on Mon, 28/12/2020 - 04:15

Turn Out means to happen or become known to happen in a particular way What will be the best synonym here if I want to rephrase below this example • It turns out that she had known him when they were children

Hi amit_ck,

I'd suggest one of these options.

• It appears ...
  • It seems ...
  • It transpires ...

The last option is formal in style. What do you think, do these options capture your meaning?

Best wishes,