Missing a class

Listen to a student explain why she can't come to class to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Student: Excuse me, Ms Henderson?

Teacher: Yes, Diana. How can I help you?

Student: I'm sorry, but I can't come to class next Wednesday. I have a doctor's appointment.

Teacher: OK. Thanks for letting me know.

Student: Is there anything to do at home?

Teacher: Let me just check my notebook. OK, first of all … you need to read chapters 17, 19 and 20 in the book. There are also some articles and a video to watch – those are online. I'll post the links online in the usual place.

Student: Chapters 17 to 20.

Teacher: Yes, except chapter 18. Chapters 17, 19 and 20.

Student: Ah, OK. Um ... is there a deadline?

Teacher: Yes, this Friday. But there's something else. I was going to give you all a practice test.

Student: A practice test?

Teacher: Yes, to help people prepare for the mid-term exam.

Student: Ah. All right.

Teacher: Don't worry, I can send you the practice test by email on Wednesday. Can you send it to me before Friday?

Student: Sure, no problem.

Teacher: And don't forget to bring a certificate from the doctor to the office.

Student: Thanks, Ms Henderson! I'll do that.

Teacher: You're welcome, Diana. Take care.

Submitted by Anna Goraj on Tue, 19/05/2020 - 18:32

Like every mother , has duties as well . There are quite a lot of homework to do . Among others cleaning , cooking , washing , ironing . However , I like cleaning the most , because I enjoy this job by including good music . So I combine duties with pleasure .

Submitted by Anna Goraj on Tue, 19/05/2020 - 18:27

To be honest , there are no festivals in my family . Only small performances related to the town where I come from . They are annual harvest festivities ending the summer . Then tohether with my mother , we prepare many delicious dishes , including traditional dishes - potato chop plus chicken soup . I can ' t forget dessert - cheesecake .

Submitted by mouna99 on Mon, 18/05/2020 - 16:24

yes I've a lot of homework, I prefer organic chemistry tasks

Submitted by Fatemeh.Najafzadeh on Mon, 18/05/2020 - 00:59

I am studying English in Adult Education Service Center in Dublin. In this difficult time on account of corona virus, our class is held online and is given us a lot of assignments. I’m so enthusiastic and I do all of them as soon as possible. Reading and answering questions are my favorite skills.

Submitted by Nhungggg on Tue, 12/05/2020 - 08:03

Of course!!! I’ve a lot of homework. It’s terrible when i comeback my university. I like online homework because i can do it everywhere by my phone. It’s very simple, quickly and convenience.

Submitted by Bignon on Thu, 07/05/2020 - 16:43

No I don't have a lot of homework

Submitted by nguyenthihoanb0510 on Thu, 23/04/2020 - 13:46

in the mean time, i can't go to school, so my teachers give me a lot of homework to practise. I'd like to design a presentation, it's my idea and I need to good at knowledge to make it. after that I send it to my teachers, who will read and mark it.

Submitted by S.S on Mon, 20/04/2020 - 16:48

Yes,I have a lot of homework.I like writing a history report or finding out history.

Submitted by Lauracastanos on Mon, 13/04/2020 - 23:17

Yes, I have a lot of homework, I don't like it but it's good in times of cov19

Submitted by OlaIELTS on Thu, 09/04/2020 - 22:16

Yes, I does. I do like research reading homework.

Submitted by NicollGonz13 on Wed, 08/04/2020 - 18:03

Every day I have a new challenge with instructions to improve my knowledge, it is very good because I learn a lot.

Submitted by NicollGonz13 on Wed, 08/04/2020 - 18:01

Yes, I really have a lot of homework but I like it because I improve my English on days and learn new words.

Submitted by ademyonet on Mon, 06/04/2020 - 14:45

I have got a lot of homework if I say that it be lie. Because I don't make homework, I give other homework. Because I teach others and my students. This is very good, is this?

Submitted by Daudau0601 on Wed, 01/04/2020 - 06:06

Recently i have had some exercise and one deadline. I think i don't like this ex but i quite interested in this deadline because i am learning online and my presentation is presented online that makes me feel more comfortable and more confident..

Submitted by Eswar on Wed, 18/03/2020 - 15:25

Yes i have a lot of home work to creating the ideas to develop the Games in mobile phone.these kind of homework i will do apparently.

Submitted by jason2295 on Fri, 13/03/2020 - 15:57

Yes, I always have a lots of homework to do but I like it beacause I enjoy to practise in order to improve my knowledge.

Submitted by Station on Fri, 06/03/2020 - 12:06

I don't do homework from school because, in my opinion, it's a waste of time, but I do daily homework. It includes listening, speaking and reading. I do my reading and listening homework on this website besides I do my programming lessons online.

Submitted by Van Duc Nguyen on Wed, 04/03/2020 - 04:07

no much. the kind of homework i like is research any chapter, specialty theology and philosophy.... i also priority learning english

Submitted by shahhoseini on Wed, 29/01/2020 - 13:16

I have managed my time to learn English with your website and for this reason, have to do homework three days a week. I do this homework in the four skills IELTS include listening, reading, writing and speaking.

Submitted by MaryaSun on Mon, 27/01/2020 - 14:51

i have finished my study last July, so i don't attend school or university now. I am attending some courses: english course and informatic course. I can organize my study and i don't have any deadline, so i can study when i want and when i have some free time. I studied art ,both in school and university. So i prefer homework about art, manuality and practise.

Submitted by Dariusz on Sun, 19/01/2020 - 22:12

I don't have homework from school because I finished my education, but I do homework related to every day. I make it oneself, I go swim and learn english so my homework concern these practises.

Submitted by Maksmatt on Tue, 08/10/2019 - 12:03

Yes, I have a lot of homeworks. For the moment I have free from my work and therefor I use many hours a day to improve my English. Mostly I like homeworks like listening and repeat the textes loud to myself. I think that this kind of practising helps med a lot.

Submitted by ikmalzulkifli on Thu, 03/10/2019 - 07:37

The question was good

Submitted by amirahsyasya on Tue, 17/09/2019 - 08:23

I have completed the following lessons of a student disscussion , a weather forecast and making a desicion . The level that I choose was Pre-intermediate A2 Listening

Submitted by Magedelabd on Sun, 25/08/2019 - 18:44

I have a lot of homework to do , like searching for a better job , learning English , practice typing . But the most interested thing to do is learning English .

Submitted by César Árraga on Wed, 31/07/2019 - 04:23

This month I haven't had a lot of homework, but the last month I had a lot of homework assignment. Currently I study english in a Language centre and I like that my teacher give me homework to reinforce my learning at home.

Submitted by stevewankou on Sat, 27/07/2019 - 18:06

I don't have enough of homework.when I wake up I only clean the ground

Submitted by Setareh on Wed, 17/07/2019 - 03:22

I do not have any homework, because I finished my education, but in total I like homework that I can learn something.

Submitted by BRAHIM ABOULOUAFA on Tue, 02/07/2019 - 10:36

I like do the professionnal homework.

Submitted by cittàutopica on Fri, 21/06/2019 - 16:03

I'm nota a student, but I have a lot of homework during the day: I go to the gym, I read many books, I go to the cinema; moreover I help my nieces with their babies and I take care of the house chores.

Submitted by Bayram Ozkaya on Wed, 24/04/2019 - 13:18

I have homework of physics , math and other lessons. I like math if I can solve questions.

Submitted by Sara elyas on Tue, 23/04/2019 - 18:16

No I don't have a lot of home work,im a house wife I finished my study, l only take care of my house and my children, cook food, watching clothes, playing sport feed baby and cleanning

Submitted by walidel7 on Mon, 08/04/2019 - 17:30

It was a great exercise to listen English , my skills it is development gradually,i think might after 3 months i will able to give instruction and guide other learn to how improve his English and how be capable to understanding fast speaking in English.

Submitted by joselpachecoj on Tue, 02/04/2019 - 15:57

I like to watch some videos online