Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
Checklist for opening the shop
Start at 8 a.m.
- Firstly, when you enter the shop, remember to turn off the alarm.
- Do this by holding your key card to the alarm panel. It's behind the door near the light switches.
- Open all the blinds and turn on the lights.
- Please don't forget to start the coffee machine so your colleagues have fresh coffee for when they arrive.
- At 8.15 a.m., watch out for the fresh deliveries at the back door. They usually arrive at that time.
- Pay attention to the order list and what is actually delivered.
- Remember not to sign for anything that isn't in the delivery as there are often items missing.
- Check the answer phone and shop email account for any new messages.
- Leave the heating and the air conditioning alone. They are on an automatic timer. So please, don't go near the control panels.
Finally, you need to finish everything above before 8.45 a.m. and open the shop at 9 a.m. There is a red logbook under the counter. Make sure you sign it for each day when you have completed all points on this checklist. Make a note of any issues.
If you have any problems, call your supervisor or the 24-hour support line number below.
- Use imperative verb forms to give orders and instructions:
Turn off the alarm / make sure to sign the logbook.
- Tell people exactly what you want them to do and when:
You need to do everything above before 8.45 a.m.
- Tell people where things are – they might not know:
It's near/behind/over/under the …
- Give emergency contact information.
- Have a sheet for people to sign after they have completed the process, e.g. cleaning a machine or balancing the cash register.
Do you need to improve your English writing skills?
Join thousands of learners from around the world who are improving their English writing skills with our live online classes and personal tutoring courses.
I have a dog so sometimes I have to give her some instructions like don't pick socks and don't eat that.
I need to give instruction to my sister to ensure our small business is doing well.
I need to give instruction to my younger sisters. When they go out, like close the windows & doors properly, switch off the light and lock the door, don't be too late when you are outside and don't waste the time if you have to study.
I receive a lot of instruction from my teacher, father, mother and cousins. They always worried about my future and studies. I regularly ensure them that I'll get success in one day. I always feel confident when I thinking about my big dreams. I'm very excited to get all dreams.
at the store that i am working, When there is new employees, the old employees need to guide them the works they have to do in the store