A poster for exam candidates

Read the poster outside an exam room to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

Poster 1

FINAL EXAM INSTRUCTIONS

• Doors close 5 minutes before the exam begins.
  • Show your student ID card to examiner when you enter the room.
  • No phones, no books.

Poster 2

BEFORE THE EXAM

• Have your ID card ready.
  • Listen to the instructions.
  • Arrive 10 minutes before exam.

IN THE EXAM

• Mobile phones switched off and put away.
  • ID card visible on the desk.
  • No talking.
  • No food or drinks in exam room.

Poster 3

• Follow the examiner's instructions.
  • If you have a question, raise your hand.
  • No mobile phones, books or bags in the exam.
  • Please use a blue or black pen.

Submitted by Ghaith MA on Thu, 08/08/2019 - 08:56

Actually I HATE EXAMS ! but in your academic life you have to take them just improve your skill and to make an evidence about your success ! but must of exams are boring I like practical exams in labs or something like this NOT: I totally agree that exams don't judge or assess the intelligence of the student !

Submitted by A.Nasiri on Sat, 03/08/2019 - 02:57

I think every exam should have its own discipline and the students have to observed all the above rules during exam. I have passed many exams but they didn't contain the above rules.

Submitted by Mohamed92 on Sat, 27/07/2019 - 17:40

yes I have lot exams, yes I very like exam because I task my self

Submitted by Winterson on Fri, 26/07/2019 - 23:18

I really like this excersises... they help me so much..

Submitted by DmitryS7 on Mon, 22/07/2019 - 06:08

Yes, I had a lot of exam. I like only exams that was cool for me when I studied them.

Submitted by joshuating on Sat, 20/07/2019 - 14:42

Yes, i like the exam that can to improve our knowledge in our daily life.

Submitted by Lameed Mohamed on Fri, 19/07/2019 - 21:59

Oh .. Of course i have alot of exams cause our uni follows courses manner so i have exams almost every month .. And of curse no body likes exams they put us in stress and they're sucks ..

Submitted by ayusisi on Fri, 19/07/2019 - 12:19

When I was a student, I had a lot of exams. Sometimes the teacher didn't give an announcement about preparing the exams. Have a lot of rules about the exams, need to come early, need to bring ID card, no phone, no book, .and no cheating.

Submitted by Tử Dương on Wed, 17/07/2019 - 14:25

I used to have a lot of exam when I was a universary' student. I very hate the exam because I have to study hard and usually feel stress before the exam.

Submitted by Julia Rahma on Wed, 17/07/2019 - 03:06

Yes, i have a lot of exam. Especially now, i've graduate from my senior high school and i have to prepare for exams so i can get university. Hope i'll pass the exams!

Submitted by Jamileh on Tue, 09/07/2019 - 08:36

I had alot exam and dont like it

Submitted by thanhtam on Sun, 07/07/2019 - 14:50

I had a lot exam. I studied very hard. I only like exam which I study best.

Submitted by popo1011 on Mon, 01/07/2019 - 05:31

I had a lot exams, but the most difficult exam was for hire in the bank. it was very stressful and lackluster, really i loathed it.

Submitted by cittàutopica on Sun, 30/06/2019 - 20:52

I had a lot of exams, from primary school certificate to specialisation course. I don't like exams, but I think these are essential for assessing the knowledges acquired.

Submitted by chris-kutte on Fri, 28/06/2019 - 15:56

I don't like exams because they make me tired. I prefer to study by myself.

Submitted by Cho on Fri, 28/06/2019 - 04:57

Exam made me not only stressed but also motivated.

Submitted by JAE Aniruth on Tue, 25/06/2019 - 09:51

I had a lot of exams when I studied at university

Submitted by kripo on Tue, 11/06/2019 - 11:16

I had a lot exams in my career. I don't like exams, beaucause it stress me and make me hysterical.

Submitted by NataliDa on Tue, 11/06/2019 - 08:20

I had a lot exams in my life. I didn't like exams. But now all changed. I've loved learning and start love exams ))

Submitted by Tramy on Tue, 04/06/2019 - 04:04

Yes, I have a lot of exams, but I don't like exams. They make me tired. I like to self-study.

Submitted by Djadje on Tue, 21/05/2019 - 15:19

Task 2 was really interesting! Got it all. Task 1 was quite challenging remembering about where I saw this or that only 5 out of 11!

Submitted by Setareh on Tue, 14/05/2019 - 03:25

currently, I don't have any exam.but before, when I went to school; I had a lot of exams during the year.

Submitted by Nway Oo Kalayar on Sat, 11/05/2019 - 16:01

Good reading.

Submitted by Aikotoko on Tue, 07/05/2019 - 05:37

When I was in high school third grade, I has a lot of exams. Especially even weekend. I didn’t like taking them but I had to do because to take university’s entrance exam. I remembered that I always used to be sad and uncomfortable when I looked my results of exams.

Submitted by Setareh on Tue, 07/05/2019 - 03:34

Not now, but before I had many exams when I was studying, I don't like any exam I think it's very hard.

Submitted by Ksenia-0903 on Sat, 27/04/2019 - 16:53

Throughout life, we all pass exams. I will soon defend a master's thesis.

Submitted by mtalebi on Sat, 13/04/2019 - 06:18

Yes, I had a lot of exams when I was a student during 24 years. I do not like exams because It's not fair that your ability to be identified within a few hours.

Submitted by JK Baloch on Fri, 29/03/2019 - 16:09

yes, i have recently done two exam.

Submitted by natylesca on Wed, 27/03/2019 - 23:11

No, I don't have a lot of exams because I finished my University long time ago. Now I am only waiting for the IELTS Exam!

Submitted by Blagodarenko Maxim on Tue, 26/03/2019 - 14:21

Of course, the exam is a disturbing event. But I think that exam is necessary element in our education. The exam allows us to mobilize our knowledge

Submitted by Laura1184 on Tue, 26/03/2019 - 07:05

I don't have a lot exams, and i don't like them. For me it's a big stress, but it's very necessary in life for all people to upgrade yourself.

Submitted by walidel7 on Wed, 20/03/2019 - 00:01

The exam in life itis challange to exam your skills and what you know in this life. Now i am post-gradute student , in fact i feeling anexity before any exam and always be worry about what i can doing in exam , actullay i am feeling very proud if i obtain high scoor in exam because itis like gift . My father (died in 2018) was always encourged me to continue my education and get Phd degree . My father realy i forget you , and i am always remmeber your words , eyes , touch your hands and all thing from you . I am praying to be in heaven Ameen .

Submitted by Stanley Alvarez on Thu, 14/03/2019 - 15:26

Already I don't have exams, because I finished my postgrade yet. In general, I don't like exams, but when exam it's different to write in paper or when I know exam subject very well, I like to be present in exams.

Submitted by Juan Diego Gal… on Tue, 12/03/2019 - 22:50

I'm an English student so I try to do an exam every week to see what my level is. Only in that case, I like it.

Submitted by teddysl on Sun, 10/03/2019 - 03:29

my favorite subject exams are not bad but other exams i hate .

Submitted by randyjay on Sun, 10/03/2019 - 03:26

i like exams but sometimes i cant write good answers

Submitted by Santiago Perez on Thu, 07/03/2019 - 19:49

I left university 30 years ago, however, there are nights when I dream that I still have to take exams in college, especially math

Submitted by TP on Thu, 07/03/2019 - 13:57

I have had some exams. Exams are not very bad. But I feel a bit nervous before an exam. When the exam begins I try to complete it as I can. The best time comes just after the exam. I feel so relaxed.

Submitted by Erik7 on Wed, 06/03/2019 - 12:16

I had a lot of exam in my education history. I dont like exams.

Submitted by Estudent on Thu, 28/02/2019 - 20:17

Yes, I had a lot of exams and I like study.

Submitted by Estudent on Thu, 28/02/2019 - 14:54

I cannot see the preparation in this lesson.

Hello Estudent

I'm sorry to hear that you can't see the Preparation task. I've checked it and I can see and use it with no problem on my computer. Could you please try using a different web browser or different device to see if you can see the task there?

If you are still not able to see it the task, are you able to see the task with pictures (above Task 1) on this page? If not, that means that the problem has to do with your device or browser, I'm afraid.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

All the best

Submitted by Flower1985 on Thu, 21/02/2019 - 02:43

With the task 1, the question books seem is a error beacuse when I answer poster 1 &3, the computer is not accept.

Hello Flower1985,

The correct answer is Poster 2, so the computer should show 1 and 3 as incorrect.

Tick the posters that say something about ...

talking