A class forum

Learn how to write a post on a class forum.

Reading text

Add your comment below:

So cool to read about everyone's home tradition they miss the most! I'm from England but I've been living in the States for five years and the thing I miss the most is Bonfire Night on November 5th.

The best thing about Bonfire Night is the fireworks, oh, and the bonfires! … and the history behind it. Basically, Guy Fawkes and his friends tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament and kill King James I. They nearly did it too – they hired a room under the House of Parliament and filled it with explosives. But someone told the royal palace. The authorities found Guy Fawkes in the room guarding the explosives, and he was sentenced to torture and death.

So it's a tradition that celebrates the fact that the king survived. It also means people don't forget what happens if you plot against your country. There's a kind of poem about it that starts 'Remember, remember the fifth of November, gunpowder, treason and plot.' That's why we build a 'guy' – a life-size model of Guy Fawkes – and burn it on the bonfire. Pretty dark and horrible when you think about it!

Tips

1. It's nice to start by saying something that shows you have read other people's posts.
  2. In a class forum you can be quite informal.
  3. In informal writing you can sometimes miss out the beginning of a phrase:
    So cool to read about everyone's home tradition ...
  4. Remember, in a forum you are part of a long conversation with a lot of other people so they might ask you questions.
Do you need to improve your English writing skills?
Join thousands of learners from around the world who are improving their English writing skills with our live online classes and personal tutoring courses.

B1 English level (intermediate)

Submitted by mtomie12 on Wed, 20/04/2022 - 14:53

The tradition I miss the most is "Festa Junina" (June festival). Brazil is a catholic country, and these festivals celebrate st. Anthony (13/6), st. John (24/6), and st. Peter (29/6) days. We have several typical games. The food differs among regions. However, corn and cassava are essential ingredients in sweet and savoury dishes. In some areas, Festa Junina is more important than Carnival.

Submitted by elisabasterrechea on Wed, 20/04/2022 - 08:53

So lovely to read about your interesting traditions guys!
These comments make me feel that I want to visit your countries straight away. I am from Spain, but I've been living in the UK for almost 8 years.
Actually, the most I miss about my country is the fairs.They are parties that each city does when Spring-Summer time comes. People dance and dress up with traditional dresses in the streets, for example women dress with beautiful dresses and they put flowers in their heads.You can have a lot of fun, eat and drink typical food too.
People are very happy and you can meet a lot of people from
different places.

Submitted by qwertyzxcwasd1234 on Thu, 14/04/2022 - 13:32

Hi, guys. It was very interesting to read about the traditions of each country, and I would like to write a little bit about some traditions in my country. I'm from Ukraine and we have a lot of holidays and traditions here, but what I like best is the celebration of Ivan Kupala or Ivan's Day from 6 to 7 August.
Eastern Slavs consider this day more mystical than any day of the year. This day is dedicated to the unification of natural opposites: fire and water, life and death, men and women, etc. The celebration begins mostly near rivers and is solemnized only by young girls and boys who are unmarried yet. There are built bonfires, weaved wreaths, and a big doll made of dried grass. Believes that Kupal's bonfires purify the soul if a girl and boy jump over the fire. Wreaths made by girls were the main attribute of the holidays. They were used to predict whether she find her love of life or not.
At the Ivana's Kupala night shouldn't sleep, because at this time not only nature comes to life, but also all evil spirits like witches, mermaids, werewolves, sorcerers, housewives, etc. Therefore, you should take a bath in the river to gain healing power for boys and beauty for girls. Look at flowering ferns in the forest it is also the main tradition on this night. Whoever finds this flower will be able to understand the language of animals and birds, see the hidden treasures and find the love of his life.
By the way, I don't celebrate this holiday for about three years probably. But I believe that the war will be over soon, and we can celebrate this tradition again. Regards!

Submitted by LiaSiq on Thu, 14/04/2022 - 01:15

So adorable to read about everyone's country's traditions. I'm from Brazil, but I've been living in Portugal for about seven months until now. What I miss the most is the Carnival which usually happens in February. It's a big festival, and Brazilian people love it so much. On the Carnival, we usually go out to the streets or avenues, dressing in some costumes. The costumes could be about something funny as superheroes, kids' cartoons, cute animals, or anything you want. The street Carnival normally has famous singers' concerts or could be a big car with speakers, and this commonly happens in the avenues and streets of the popular cities in Brazil, like Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Recife, Olinda, and Salvador.
I miss this a lot because I went with my Brazilian friends and we always had so much fun together. My family usually do a party at our house with a barbecue, and alcoholic drinks.

Submitted by Patypereira on Mon, 11/04/2022 - 15:11

So lovely to read about so many beautiful traditions from different countries.
I am from Portugal but have been living in England for 10 years now. What I miss the most apart from the sun is an event called marchas populares de Lisboa at the beginning of summer, June. It's a festival of colors, creativity, and food. Every neighborhood has a theme and dresses up accordingly, the suits are specifically created for this special night. Seamstresses work all year round to sew these suits for hundreds of people in every area of the city of Lisbon. As the traditional food is grilled sardines, red wine, and bread therefore called the night of the grilled sardines.
Additionally, 12 couples get married on this day and, it is called as noivas de Santo Antonio, the city's saint protector. Lisbon city council pays for their wedding expenses, venue, everything, and it is all filmed by TV channels and streamed live. After the wedding celebrations, the couples go to the main avenue where the event is taking place to be congratulated by the city mayor, the people, and celebrities broadcasting the event. It is almost like a mini Brazilian carnival, mixed with the wedding events. In the end, basically, at 4am the best neighborhood with the best suits and creative cars wins.
this is a beautiful tradition and it happens when the weather is hot. People are energetic and happy.

Submitted by M.A. Foaldi on Thu, 24/03/2022 - 22:05

celebrating 21 first of March as the first day of new lander year, it Called Nawroz, for thousands years this day has been celebrated by many countries, that's why Nawroz has been described as intangible cultural heritage in UNESCO, spring starts from Nawaroz that is the first day of Hamal the Afghan Calendar year, for Muslims the day prophet Mohammad immigrated from Macca to Madina is the starting point of the calendar as now it is 1401 in our calendar, it is a custom that all families cleans their houses and buying new dress and clothes and makes seven fruits and wear the new cloths and kills a bool and goes to each other houses and greets another and express their best wishes for the new year, they also plays local games. in the past there were many other activities and ceremonies the night before Nawroz but gradually people forgot those activities but still they celebrate it. Nawroz was a holiday in the calendar but unfortunately this year for the first time it was removed from the calendar and it has been banned to celebrate as according to the Taliban it is non Islamic custom.

It's so wondrous to read everyone's country tradition which is celebrated in their home! I am from Bangladesh where many traditions are observed by people. I like the most among them which is 21st February the International Mother Language Day.
The greatest thing is that we show the utmost tribute to the martyrs who sacrifices their life to save the Bangla Language which is the rarest case all over the world that's why UNESCO was declared in 1999 that 21st February is the International Mother Language Day in the world after that it has been observed most of the country since 2000. In 1948, the Pakistani Government declared Urdu to be the only national Language in Pakistan even if Bangla was the majority of people's spoken language in Pakistan. It follows that The students of Dhaka University and the General public protested against the Pakistani Government's declaration as well as arranged massive rallies and meetings. On 21st February 1952, Police open fired on rellies eventually Barkat, Rafiq, Shafik, Jabbar died, with hundreds of others injured. We lost our golden Brother and build a martyrs monument called Shaheed Minar, to commemorate the Bengali Language Movement.
So it's a tradition, Every year We celebrate the 21st of February to bring flowers, wearing the Bengali letters printed dresses which dominated red and white colors as well as promote the preservation and protection of all languages worldwide. Pretty gloomy and tear in the corner of your eyes when you think about it.

Submitted by hanhvo on Sat, 19/03/2022 - 15:40

Hi, so cool to read about other country's traditions. I am from Viet Nam. Viet Nam is beautiful country with many traditions. One of our tranditions which we are really proud is King's traditional festival. This festival is celebrated on March 10th every year. The local people will visit the King's temple to express respecful and pray blessedness to their family. There is really crowded on that day. I am not person join much in celebrated traditions but they remind me about our traditional culture and ancestor's history. Thanks for reading.

Submitted by Masresha on Tue, 08/03/2022 - 08:32

I find it interesting to write about traditions. I am from Ethiopia. But now, I have been living in the Netherlands. In my country, we have eighty different languages and different ethnic groups. Almost all of them have their traditions. However, one of my favorites is Timiket. It is the christened day of Jesus Christ. The celebration takes place on January 21st. The orthodox pops, clergy members, and deacons are coming together from every corner of the country at Janmeda. These days Timiket is considered as a ritual rather than a religious tradition. Younger people love this ritual the most because they have a chance for the first date. One of the exciting parts of the ceremony is that every boy has brought a lemon. If that boy finds an attractive girl, he throws the lemon directly to her. Then, when the girls agreed with him, she immediately picked up a lemon and went on their first date.

I have been heard some histories and myths about the day of the deaths, but in my country Ecuador, it is a little boring, although the best part of this tradition is not the history is the food and that is the reason why love this tradition.
On the day of the deaths in November, many people carry food for their dead relatives, because the people believe that they own loved ones when dead go to the other side, and in this day they think can meet with their familiars, so on this special day, we can carry on food for them and can to eat this food too.
Therefore, the typical food for this day is Colada Morada, which is similar to juice. It’s prepared with blackberry, blueberry, strawberries, babaco, pineapple, black corneal, and spices. It's a delicious colada. Additional is accompanied by an exquisite “Guagua de Pan”

Submitted by Rehma.M on Sun, 06/03/2022 - 02:55

Its amazing to see the different traditions people celebrate in their countries! I'm from Australia and in my country their are many traditions that are celebrated. My favourite celebration is harmony day. Harmony day is celebrated on the 21st of March. It's a day to celebrate the cultural diversity of the country and to bring people from different cultures and backgrounds together in harmony. It's to also show that no matter where you are from you can make a great contribution to soiciety. :)

Submitted by hhnhulk on Tue, 01/03/2022 - 14:51

Hello everyone. So cool to read about the other country's traditions. I'm from VietNam and i've been living here for 22 years, since i was born. In my country, there are a lot of traditions but the tradition that i impressive the most is Tet holiday. Tet is happens in 3 days on January of Lunar Calendar. Before Tet, everyone who works far from home will come back with their families. They buy candies, foods, soft drinks, clothes, Apricot blossom, peach Blossom. Anh before Tet, we will celebrate New Year's Eve by Fireworks everywhere and give each other about the best wishes.
Thanks for reading. I hope this will bring you interesting things.

Submitted by Anilativ on Tue, 22/02/2022 - 17:31

So cool to learn more about traditions and events that help us to remember a good moments. My country is Ukraine, it also celebrates a vast amount of amazing dates. One of them is prom after high school graduation. Party consists of formal and entertainment programs. I think it`s one of the best day not only at school but in whole life. You enjoy time with your classmates and you are in anticipation of a new phrase in life.

Submitted by mohammed_almasry on Sat, 19/02/2022 - 00:30

interesting topic

Submitted by Nãoémeunome on Fri, 18/02/2022 - 16:23

Hello, guys. It´s interesting to know about your culture. I am from Brasil. Here we have the Carnaval, very well known. In 4 days, we use fantasy, drink, and have fun.
It is a great event that brings people from around the world. Also, it moves a lot of money in every city in the country. Some people here don`t like the party itself, but there are other options to enjoy the holiday.

Submitted by William.Fordanovich on Tue, 15/02/2022 - 19:41

It's very interesting to read tales about different traditions and celebrations from various countries. I live in Ukraine. In my country we also have a tradition to celebrate a Knowledge Day. Study year begins this day. Parents take their childrens to school and students begin to study at universities. This day all pupils meet at open area near school. Prior to this day, pupils of high school, which begin a graduate year of studying, prepare some celebration events. Usually it begins with speech with greetings to a newly arrived pupils of a first year of studying. Pupils of graduate class tell to pupils from first class that they begin new part of life, that contain many interesting and glad moments. It part of life also contain more self-dependence and responsibilty. That they will meet many new people and some of them will become friends. That this life contain more work, and that it would not always be easy. Then pupils from graduate year make some wishes to pupils from first year of studying for their next school years. Then celebration may consist of some music, theatral, dance, comedy or something else performances. And then first year pupils are taken to their first classrooms by graduate pupils.

Submitted by Khandaa_14 on Sun, 13/02/2022 - 15:25

hi guys. It is lovely to read about lots of different traditions. I am from Mongolia which is bordered by Russia to the north and China to the south, I want to tell you my nation's tradition. Personally, the best tradition is the lunar new year Mongolian's called Цагаан сар. On this occasion, most people meet their family and give a gift to each other. Otherwise, they are also invited who honored they are. It is all about wishing such great things in the new year, family who loves they are. It was the most valuable holiday I know.

Submitted by Andy_Palma03 on Wed, 09/02/2022 - 20:39

Hi everyone, my name is Andy and I'm from Mexico and we have different traditions in my country, but the most popular is called "Day of the Death ", which is celebrated on November 1st and November 2nd, this tradition is not celebrated by all the people, but it does in order to remember the ones that are not here with us anymore. people use to prepare a kind of offering, which consists of "Pan de muerto" ( Dead bread) and other kinds of meals that these people liked and people go to the cemetery to place that small offering and remember them. and also on the TV, a parade is broadcasted where there are many people dressed in typical clothes according to the celebration, with colorful attire and there are typical sweets which we call "calaveritas de azucar" and also there is "Pan de Muerto".

Submitted by Mookpilaiwan on Sat, 05/02/2022 - 14:26

Hi, I'm Mook from Thailand. It is nice to see everyone share about their country's tradition. In my country, there are a lot of traditions, especially about religion. One of my favorites is the Songkran festival which is held in April, the hottest month of the year. We have more fun because we get to pour water to each other it looks like a water war and everyone was having fun together. However, after the pandemic, the tradition is paused for 3 years now. I hope everything gets better and we can enjoy our festival.

Submitted by Ahmed Yousuf Hassan on Thu, 03/02/2022 - 11:31

Hi everyone, my name is Ahmed, and I am came from the Republic of Somaliland(The early North Regions of Somalia). I am here to tell you about the most interesting tradition about my country, Somaliland. Every Eid festival or 10th of Arafo month we have two celebrities called "Eidul- Fitri and Eidul-Ad-ha" . We start our Eidul-Fitri by eating three fruit dates in the early morning and having breakfast after fulfilling the Eid prayer as a group. The other Eidul-Ad-ha day, we don't eat anything until meeting in one of the stadiums of our country to pray Eid prayer as a group. Most of our families slaughter a sheep or goat at the end of their celebrities. These two days I have aforementioned, every one of us congratulates to the people he or she meets even if they do not know each other.

Submitted by Leticia.bo on Sun, 16/01/2022 - 18:16

It's so interesting to read your local tradition. I'm from Spain and I live in Madrid. Here in Madrid every year some people celebrate the New Year's Eve in a well- known public place called "Puerta del Sol" to take twelve grapes while the bells ring. That's really exciting!!

Profile picture for user danisep

Submitted by danisep on Sat, 15/01/2022 - 15:28

Hi everybody, I'm Daniel from Colombia, I was reading about your local traditions and I was amazed by them like the orange blossom carnival in Adana turkey and vendimia in Mendoza Argentina, here in Colombia there are some carnivals mostly of them in January I remember the carnival of Negros y Blancos this one is celebrated in pasto city and is related with the rebellion of slaves.

I'm from Colombia too and that's right. I live in Barranquilla city and we celebrate carnival of Barranquilla. If I don't wrong, is the secondly carnival biggest in the world.
Isn't important to me, I don't like so much parties, so is the same for me. I hope this year could cancel the parties.

Submitted by Gizmoist on Wed, 05/01/2022 - 18:04

Hello everyone,
I am from Turkey, I would like to tell you a festival which is held in my hometown- Adana. Adana is one of the biggest cities in Turkey and it is located in the southern of Turkey.
Adana has an annual carnival called "Orange Blossom Carnival". In April, everywhere in Adana (streets, parks, gardens ) smells so "orange" :) . Because , there are plenty of orange trees in Adana.
During the carnival many concerts, street performances, local artists, shows with vibrant colours (especially orange colour) are held all around the city. There are many attractions to celebrate this period of time.
We celebrate basically orange blossoms which cover the orange tree and also we celebrate nature power. In addition to this, orange fruit is a key good to export and takes a main role in Adana's economic life.

Submitted by PeterG on Wed, 05/01/2022 - 15:21

Hi guys! I´m Pedro from Argentina. It was pretty interesting to read about your country's traditions. I would like to visit each one someday. However, I didn´t see anyone from my country, so let me tell you about the traditions here. First of all, it´s important to say that Argentina has an immigrant background (actually on 4th September, here it celebrate the Immigrants day in honor to the immigrant population that lives in the country), so most traditions here are from abroad, but there are some nationals. In addition, each province has a particular celebration or tradition. For instance, Mendoza has the "Vendimia" celebration, where people dance on grapes to make a traditional wine. In the north, more specifically, in Chaco (the province where I live) we have "the cotton party", which consists of a big celebration where people dance and do different activities related to one of the main crops of our province. I must admit that my favorite is the Vendimia celebration or some other that are international festivals because they are amazing and my favorite singers always take part. Regards!

Submitted by YMO on Wed, 05/01/2022 - 09:37

Hi from Myanmar. A lot of traditional festivals are held in my country. But, let me introduce the most popular one I think. It's called a water festival. Maybe you are thinking that you all people are watering each other. Yes, it's true. We are watering each other, however, there is a deeper meaning behind that. We normally hold the festival in April. According to the Myanmar 100th year Calendar, it's the first month of the whole year. We water each other for cleaning the negativity of the previous year. It's ecstatic to welcome the new year.

Submitted by m_sadeghi98 on Tue, 28/12/2021 - 05:57

HI. I'm from Iran. it was interesting for me to read about other people traditions. there is a tradition in Iran in a specific day (13th of first month in Persian calendar) in spring that everyone must go to nature and go camping.

Submitted by andympk on Mon, 20/12/2021 - 08:38

Hello, my name is Andy. I am from Hong Kong. We celebrate Lunar New Year at the beginning of a new year on the traditional lunisolar Chinese calendar. The first 3 days of Chinese New Year are public holiday. A reunion dinner is held on New Year’s Eve. Family members gather together for celebration. Traditional food such as Melon seed, Niangao, Turnip cakes are prepared. Red envelopes are passed out during Lunar New Year from married couples to unmarried juniors and children. It is custom for people to have good fortune by giving and accepting the red envelop. Fireworks display is held on the second day of Lunar New Year above the sky of Victoria Harbour in the evening.

Submitted by Shweyee on Sun, 19/12/2021 - 04:59

Hello my name is Shweyee. I'm from Myanmar ( Burma ). We have so many Traditions every states. The biggest one is Thingyun festival ( water festival ) celebrates in the middle of April. On top of that it is Myanmar's New Year to spend time with family and friends and to do some donations. We celebrate this festival for 4 to 5 days. We thrown up the water to each others. It's fun. The children enjoy the water festival and play with water all day long.

Submitted by 100COMENTARIOS on Thu, 16/12/2021 - 20:20

Hello guys my name is Ismael and I'm from Brazil. Brazil is a big country and There is a lot tradition from north to south, to give some example in the north of country there is a tradition that involves two guys bull costumed, one peolple costumed with yellow bull fantasy and other red bull fantasy, so this guys go parading and dancing. The objectiv that tradition is win the parade. This tradition is very important to the participants, the city stop to see.

Submitted by Augustin Dagbetin on Mon, 13/12/2021 - 20:56

quite thrilled to read about some traditions you posted guys. I'm Augustin from Benin, a country with plenty of traditions I'm keen on. My best one is the church service on December 31 at night.
Every December 31, it's custom for almost all Beninese to attend the New Year's Eve from 10 PM to midnight. Everyone, regardless the religion wants to get in the new year in the presence of God. It stands to reason that churches in Benin on that particular day are full of people. At midnight, the new year is up. It is about time to give shouts of joy, share wishes for the new year, shake hands, give hugs etc. It's worth attending church in Benin on December 31 at night.

Hi augustin, I read your post and the traditions you were talking seems to me really interesting. In my town there's also a great one. How about I tell you?
In summer, during a week we celebrate a tradition which is called 'The party of Moors and christians. There are four bands which are the countrymen, pirates, moors and seamen. In the first day, we only meet at the night to dinner in our troupe's hall. Then, the next one, in the afternoon at the townhall square there's a performance where a moor and a christian 'fight back' to conquer Spain. Furthermore, on wednesday and Thursday people head out to parade and show off their costumes to the audience. Finally, on Friday, everybody parades as well but a few people such as children ride their troupe's float and ends this traditional party.
Wanna join me at the next party!?

Submitted by ulianalade on Wed, 08/12/2021 - 18:19

Hello everyone! It’s lovely to read about all your traditions guys! I am very surprised about some of them! Let me tell you about the traditions in my country. I am from Belarus. We have a plenty of traditions but the one I am really into is Maslenitsa. It is being celebrated at the end of the winter to welcome the spring. Every family cooking the pancakes and eat as many as they can so that the chance that winter would go away and spring take its place is higher. I adore this event as every family member is at the one table, enjoying the event and smiling. Through the fast pace of life sometimes we forget to appreciate each other and to say how much we love each other. have a nice day)

Submitted by fchuchucam on Tue, 07/12/2021 - 20:35

So cool to read about everyone's home tradition they miss the most! I'm from Ecuador. We celebrate the happiest festival of my country called Carnival. This festival take place in February. Every person join with your family or friends and play with water and colored foams. Also we eat traditional dishes and a lot of jams. Carnival lasts three days and we have fun time.

Submitted by Wutiprasert Sujin on Sun, 05/12/2021 - 12:28

So nice to read you guys stories. I am Thai from Thailand. I love Songkran festival, Thai new year. We splash water to people, known and unknown people are ok both. Most people get on street to joy and play together. This festival take place on 13th-15th Aril, which is the most high temperature month among the year.

Submitted by MiceSb on Sat, 04/12/2021 - 07:40

Hi there.
It was a pleasure to read about so many traditions from different cultures. But I haven`t seen anyone who was from my country. I`m from Ukraine. There are a lot of traditions I saw. But the most exciting and loud is reconstruction of Cossack`s battle. Cossack was the warrior that fought for the independence of my country. The event takes place in ninth of October. The reconstruction is very spectacular. There are a lot of strength people with sable, guns and other types of weapon. Loud shots and seeing that historical moment always made me fell excited as a child. There was a big fair near the event too. I liked it so much.

Submitted by robsonfs on Mon, 22/11/2021 - 12:14

It's so cool to read your thoughts about these traditions all around the world. Especially those that show different views about customs in my country. I'm from Brazil, and here we have some celebrations quite famous, like "Carnaval" (carnival) and "Festa Junina" (June Party). Honestly, I'm not a big fan of these traditions. Both of them are noisy and crowded, and I don't like them. In spite of what I just wrote, there is one thing in each of these celebrations that I really enjoy. In the Carnaval, we have an extended holiday in Brazil, so I can travel away from the crowded and take some days of rest with my family. In the "Festa Junina", oh... what such a delicious food... Canjica, quentão (kind of alcholic drink), mingau de milho and so on... I really enjoy all these foods. Most of them have different kinds of corn as their base ingredient.

Submitted by vinhbachsy on Mon, 22/11/2021 - 04:37

Great to know about so many interest traditions from you all. I'm from Vietnam, and we have plenty of traditional holidays and celebrations, but the one I missed most is the mid-Autumn festival. The festival takes place in the 15th night of the 8th month of the lunar calendar, when the Moon is normally at its brightest. During the festival, all kids in my neighborhood would bring together lanterns with all type of shapes. We then have a small competition and argument to see who has the best lantern of the year and start marching around the neighborhood like a little army. As I grow up, the excitement about the festival starts fading away, but it is always a big nostalgic part about my childhood.

Submitted by taliafonseca on Sat, 20/11/2021 - 22:46

Hello everyone! My name's Talia and I'm from Brazil. Here we have lots of traditions that I really miss and due the covid-19 we weren't able to celebrate the past years. So, let me tell you guys about Carnaval. In a nutshell is a very colourful holiday that happens by the end February, and it's about celebration, good music and the joy of life. For three days, if I'm not wrong, people are invited to join the streets and celebrate life. If you look for it on the internet, you shall see a lot of happy people in customs and flooding the streets with joy.

Submitted by ele_bonilla on Fri, 12/11/2021 - 20:01

Hi there!
It is exciting to know about the traditions of other countries around the world! It is just amazing! I am from Colombia and here we have lots of holidays, but generally, they are about the catholic religion. To me, one of the most memorable celebrations is July 20, it is independence day and everybody around the country puts out in each house the flag of the country with the 3 colors: yellow, blue and red.

Submitted by TonySpamonie on Thu, 11/11/2021 - 19:44

Hello there! To be honest, I'm from russia, but that a secret so please don't tell anyone. In my country on 5th of November we celebrate now a something, I do not sure even what. Because it has been a lot different couses, thought I. But it isn't. I was mistaken. There was 4th November the day of national union, the 7th of revolution, and who knows what else and on what date exactly. So my message is worthless.
Have a good day

Submitted by Duonglayder2000 on Tue, 09/11/2021 - 03:30

I feel so good when I read about the information above article. My name is Duong and I'm from Vietnam. My country has a popular tradition is worship in July. When July 1 or July 15, everybody will come to the pagodas and devotion worship their dead relatives. Because Vietnamese think everybody died and go to hell. If they devotion worship maybe their dead relatives can go to reincarnation

Submitted by alex623 on Sat, 06/11/2021 - 17:09

It's been amazing read about your traditions around the world. I am from Colombia, the best coffee country. Tell you something you probably don't know, Colombia is the second country with major number of holidays. But most of holidays are because of Catholic religion, in contrast there are a lot of carnivals, festivals that has been growing and that are reshaping the holidays into a different carnivals fullfill of dancing, floats and concerts.

Submitted by luongbaongoc on Thu, 04/11/2021 - 08:23

It's interesting to read about other country's tradition. I come from Vietnam. There are a lot of traditional activities in my country. And the most thing I like is worship ancestors. The purpose of this tradition is to show respect to our ancestors, and to people who deserve well of our country.

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Thu, 04/11/2021 - 05:08

In my country all tradition is fill of superstition and idiotness so I don't like any tradition of religion. I follow my family tradition. I don't like my religion so I'm materlistic.

Submitted by goes_2 on Mon, 01/11/2021 - 17:52

Hi guys!!!
It's been awesome to read about your traditions. I'm from Brazil and in my country, we have a traditional celebration that calls the June Party, in Portuguese " Festa Junina". It is a most popular celebration where everyone sing and dance around of bonfire. Also have a lot of traditional food and fireworks too, but I don't like fireworks, it's awful for animals.

Submitted by sdwin on Tue, 26/10/2021 - 16:17

It is so nice to read about a lot of traditions all around the world. In Myanmar, we have a lot of traditional festivals, at least one per month. Among those, Thingyan Festival, is called Myanmar New Year Festival, is the biggest one that is celebrated over the country. We treat everyone free foods and drinks. Mont Lone Yay Paw is the trademark Myanmar traditional snack for this festival. We pay homage to Buddha and to the elderly. There is also another name for this festival. Guess what? Yes, most people from other countries know that as Water Festival. We throw water on each other and that’s so enjoyable.

Submitted by WintBo on Sun, 24/10/2021 - 14:56

Hello everyone, it's so interesting to hear about all of your traditions from various cultural backgrounds. I'm from Myanmar. In our Myanmar calendar, there are twelve months and each month has one festival at least. This month we have the lighting festival. Every house in every street is lit with candle lights or LED lights. We visit our relatives' house, gathering, eating Myanmar snacks and pay homage to the elders. Even I was paid homage by my little brother. Of course, I have to give him back pocket money. But this is just in some parts of the villages and towns. Not all of Myanmar People are happy this year because of our country's situation, you may or may not know. While our parents still have all children to meet and feed, some parents have become childless and some children have become parentless. I'm praying for my country day and night.

Submitted by Jazmin24 on Wed, 20/10/2021 - 09:03

hi, in my city not have very much history interesithing, but i have one what is of true strange, in which an boy been during on time in the port navy and he get an aventure greats in the bouts, him this talking above on creature extraordinary the colors beatifuls and scames with diamonts, this criature the capture him and lot goes far or one island dark and cold but in this place he it was very but very happy, because is stranger but he met him home.