A noticeboard message

Learn how to write a noticeboard message.

Reading text

Looking for a housemate

Single ensuite room available in our lovely three-bedroom house in Didsbury. Five-minute walk from city centre. Move in from 1 June. Shared kitchen and living room with two female housemates, no parking, £600 a month excluding bills. No pets. Contact 07890 123456 for viewing.

Tips

1. Write the main title or idea bigger to catch people's attention.

2. Keep the message short, with only the most important information.

3. Don't put your address on it!

Do you need to improve your English writing skills?
Join thousands of learners from around the world who are improving their English writing skills with our live online classes and personal tutoring courses.

A1 English level (elementary)

Submitted by Linneker Pimenta on Tue, 09/08/2022 - 14:40

I prefer living alone because I like everything clean and tidy. I also like read, study and stay in a deep silent.

Submitted by Weena pineda on Wed, 03/08/2022 - 17:41

I prefer to live alone because I enjoy privacy and have my own space, regularly the mornings just want silence.

Submitted by cadani on Tue, 26/07/2022 - 01:48

I prefer to live alone because my room is clean and neat all the time

Submitted by batatinha16 on Fri, 22/07/2022 - 21:34

I prefer living alone. I rather being alone than to risk living with a stranger, they could even be a pychopath. Moreover, i like to enjoy my privacy and freedom.

Submitted by taduyhieu on Fri, 22/07/2022 - 17:57

I prefer living alone because I like freedom and privacy. sharing a house has advantages like sharing the bills and the rent with housemates.

Submitted by Amelle-TechLea… on Thu, 21/07/2022 - 15:46

I prefer living alone if I am not living very far from my family. Sharing a house has some advantages like sharing the chores, the bills and the rent with the housemate(s). however, when you live alone you have the opportunity to enjoy your privacy and freedom. Moreover, it's not easy to find a housemate who has the same interests and habits as you

Submitted by hamodihamodi on Wed, 20/07/2022 - 03:40

I like to live alone or just with family or a friend

Submitted by GraceZ on Wed, 13/07/2022 - 02:57

I prefer to live alone and enjoy the serenity and comfort of my own home, Just read some books and do all the things I love. In times of boredom I could host a house party and invite friends to come over. I think this kind of set up works for me.

Submitted by Abrarhussain on Tue, 12/07/2022 - 18:53

I prefer to live in a share house.

Submitted by yaser14 on Mon, 11/07/2022 - 10:03

I prefer to live alone or share a house with my family or friends.

Submitted by angiesml07 on Sun, 10/07/2022 - 05:44

Do you prefer to share a house or live alone?

I prefer live with my family or friends, because it's very funny and you don't feel alone. You can shere house chores like cook, lundry, clear the bedroom's many things, also we can talking about some problem or ask for advice.

When you be alone in your house, it's true that you could feel more free but so could feel sad.

Submitted by hai tran on Wed, 06/07/2022 - 02:39

Actually, I prefer to live alone because I feel comfortable when I am living alone. I don't need anyone to clean up the house. i can play games every time I want. However, when i share a house with roommates who also have benefits, we share the bill and talk about life and the future. Sometimes they can help me when i face difficulties or am sick when i live far away from home.

Submitted by Sofía02 on Mon, 27/06/2022 - 05:21

I prefer to live alone or with friends or family, because I don’t trust strangers.

Submitted by Ahmed Gamal Awad on Mon, 20/06/2022 - 22:49

I prefer living alone, because i feel more comfortable living alone without violating my privacy, and that gives me much time to accomplish many tasks.

Submitted by Wuttmoe on Sun, 12/06/2022 - 11:17

Although I like living alone, I can't effort bills and other expensive thing. I am also a little afraid of anything when I am alone. And having a roommate is kind of a friend. In short, I would prefer to share .

Submitted by Fzt_abidin on Mon, 06/06/2022 - 14:00

Shared houses are common these days. To decrease the bills and rent expenditure, individuals live in shared houses nowadays. Although living alone is better than living together, sharing the bills and rent is a good choice when people don't make enough money.

Submitted by soehtike1231 on Thu, 26/05/2022 - 18:11

i just want to share my room with my friend only. i dont want to share with the strangers.Living with friend in the same room is more happier for me

Submitted by ssudhakar208 on Tue, 24/05/2022 - 13:22

I am an extrovert. So living alone is not works for me. I am willing to share my house and preferred to stay shared accommodation.

Submitted by erkosman1 on Mon, 16/05/2022 - 16:07

I prefer sharing a house with person who is get along. Living alone some times may be tedious.

Submitted by Waleed kasem on Tue, 10/05/2022 - 20:15

I really prefer living alone in a big house. It gives me free time to do everything I want. Sometimes we have to live with other people if we move to another country.

Submitted by Pann Nilar Htun on Tue, 10/05/2022 - 10:14

Do you prefer to share a house or live alone?
I prefer to live alone. Staying with the housemates have many advantages and disadvantages. If I get well-paid job, I will stay alone.

Submitted by greenglee on Mon, 09/05/2022 - 18:08

I absolutely prefer live alone in flat because I can do everything what I want. I lived alone by 2 years and I appreciated it very much, but now I live with my wife and it's nice too :)

Submitted by b.yakar on Sun, 01/05/2022 - 22:11

i will move three months later. I am searching some renting apartment or sharing house. This notice board message is useful for me. LOL. thx for sharing

Submitted by Jaci Anita on Sun, 01/05/2022 - 18:22

Oh! I really prefer to live alone and have all my house for myself with no strangers and no surprises in the house.

Submitted by Phuong Do on Sun, 01/05/2022 - 13:55

I am being with my housemate. She is kind and funny. Sometimes I don't be comfortable with lots of things. But I might improve it. Otherwise, I still like to live alone. In the future, I will rent a room that I enjoy my life.

Submitted by saurav1521 on Fri, 29/04/2022 - 13:58

LOOKING FOR CLASSMATES
single seat available in my lovely college in Washington. Ten min walk from the city center. This offer only available until 10 MAY. shared bench with two girls classmates,no parking for your Dukati, fee -$555555500000 excluding bills of cantine. No pets are allowed but you can bring puppy for the entertainment of your peers. Contac 07890123456 for viewing classroom.

Submitted by SetarehS on Sat, 23/04/2022 - 16:36

I prefer live alone

Submitted by hoquyly14112 on Fri, 15/04/2022 - 08:23

I want to live alone not share with another people. Because when having the housemate, she/he is not suite with me

Submitted by Edna on Wed, 13/04/2022 - 08:24

I don’t like sharing my room to anyone.

Submitted by Ehsanuullahalami on Tue, 12/04/2022 - 07:04

Although i prefer to live alone, currently I live with my roommate because we are far away from our family and relative. in the future, I will rent a house where I can enjoy from my life.

Submitted by badboyzz on Mon, 11/04/2022 - 10:16

I prefer share my home but my tenant should be quiet, calm and alone.I don't want to hear much loud at my home. My home is peaceful and comfortable place for me.

Submitted by nadyanightingale on Wed, 30/03/2022 - 16:53

I prefer to live alone. But in my student years I used to share a room or a flat and found it also nice.

A single room (not ensuite) in a student dormitory. Available 1 January. Shared kitchen and bathroom with a female flatmate. 200 euros including bills.

I prefer to live alone now but I know when I become a student I would want to live with housemate because when I go to study at university in big town I dont want to be alone. Now I live in little town and alone or with somebody does not matter.

Submitted by fancychild on Sun, 13/02/2022 - 07:55

I'm currently living with my family so I prefer to share a house more. When you live with other people, you won't feel lonely and they can help you do many things.

Submitted by Amin Kourani on Wed, 09/02/2022 - 06:17

Do you prefer to share a house or live alone?
It's better based on situation to choose live in shared apartment or live alone. Many students and bachelor employee prefer to live in a shared house to save money and decrease their costs. Living in shared house has many advantages such as making friends and living developing better understanding of the world and it's a way to appreciate other cultures. But in shared house sometimes you can't control all environments condition such as temperature and light, you should sleep on time and respect other rules.

Submitted by soylemezali42 on Fri, 04/02/2022 - 11:12

I lived alone for a long time. Also, I shared my room with my friends in the university. I feel more comfortable when I live alone.

Submitted by Kamelbenslimane on Tue, 28/12/2021 - 10:42

For me, I prefer to live alone for mere privacy.

Submitted by RinadM on Tue, 21/12/2021 - 17:03

I prefer to live alone as I do now, since I grew up as the only girl in the house and there was a significant age difference between me and my brothers so I'm used to be self dependent and have my own space. So yes privacy, peacefulness and being able to have control over my own living space is very important and crucial to me. But on the other hand, if I found someone that is hygienic, respectful and we have some common interests and preferences, then I don't mind to share a house with him/her and try that out.

Submitted by hello5423 on Mon, 20/12/2021 - 14:11

If I have a house, i will share room with my friends because my friends is funny and help me to learn new things

Submitted by sharonlai on Sat, 18/12/2021 - 11:53

I prefer living alone.I think it will be a new experience for me because I have never shared a room in my life. I like to try 1 or 2 months first. It will be a real challenge for me. I can't stand the light while I am sleeping . If my roomate is a night person, I will have nightmare. Furthermore, being a introvert, living with a stranger will be my most difficult task. But I would like to try and overcome my fears.

Submitted by mehmetefendy on Mon, 29/11/2021 - 13:43

I prefer to live alone but only 2 times a week :)

Submitted by estelabarozzi on Thu, 25/11/2021 - 18:40

I prefer live alone ! It is not easy share a house. A young person may like it, but over time we like privacy.

Submitted by Sagoon on Thu, 18/11/2021 - 09:26

I prefer to living alone because I love peaceful and I happy to can do anything freely without caring anypeople or person who live with.

Submitted by LongLongg on Thu, 11/11/2021 - 16:22

both live alone and share room have two sides. the good side of sharing room include: you have roomate to share everething, you can help, study, play video game, excercise together. but you no have private space. sometimes you can have conflictions.

Submitted by tania.fungambuto on Wed, 03/11/2021 - 17:07

I never shared a house with others besides my family. I need my privacy and I like the things clean and organised. So if in the future it will be an option, I would like to share with someone who have the same preference as me.

Submitted by husseinayif on Tue, 02/11/2021 - 05:59

I don't like to share my house or even room with any housemate because a lot of them don't respect your privacy many of them don't respect your time if you need to take a rest or sleep

Submitted by MarlonCV on Thu, 28/10/2021 - 20:42

I do prefer living alone. I have only one experience renting a single room in a 2-bedroom house with 2 housemates, but there was only one there. He never left the toilet clean and was always dirty as f, and because of that I made up my mind next time I gotta get a flat or sth It would be a single one. But I'm always open, as long as the roomies be hygienic and worries about having clear the house without having telling them so (which is uncomfortable and weird).

Submitted by linhchinbk on Thu, 28/10/2021 - 04:13

I prefer to share a house. There are several reasons to support my opinion. First, I can save much money. For example, when I live with housemates, we can share electricity, water, gas bills and so on. Second, I dont feel lonely and can ask for their help when I have problems. I think this is so nice.

Submitted by ANOUAR on Wed, 27/10/2021 - 09:57

I'd rather prefer living alone in my nest than live with someone I don't like...