Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.
Many studies about language learning ask the question: What makes a good language learner? There are some things that good language learners do and some things they don't do. Here are some of the most useful suggestions from studies.
- Don't be afraid of making mistakes. People often get things wrong. Good language learners notice their mistakes and learn from them.
- Do group activities. People use language to communicate with other people. A good language learner always looks for opportunities to talk with other students.
- Make notes during every class. Notes help you to remember new language. Look at your notes when you do your homework.
- Use a dictionary. Good language learners often use dictionaries to check the meaning of words they don't know. They also make their own vocabulary lists.
- Think in the language you're learning outside the classroom. When you're shopping or walking down the street, remember useful words and phrases. Sometimes, when you're at home, say new words to practise your pronunciation.
- Do extra practice. Test and improve your language, reading and listening skills with self-study material. You can find a lot of this online.
- Imagine yourself speaking in the language. Many good language learners can see and hear themselves speaking in the language. This helps their motivation.
- Enjoy the process. Good language learners have fun with the language. Watch a TV series or film, listen to songs, play video games or read a book. It's never too late to become a good language learner.
Do you need to improve your English reading skills?
Join thousands of learners from around the world who are improving their English reading skills with our online courses.
Learning English is really vital for everyone who wasn't born in English country. It is international Language so if you want to go abroad or get a well paid job or need to communicate people who is a foreigner, you can connect with English Language. Learning is never late, only you need to do continuously, you will see your improvement.
What other tips do you have for learning a new language?
I usually watch English movies and series. in another way, I always listen to podcasts while walking. the most important thing when you want to improve your language the only way you can improve first to observe something in English and then you can practise your English with speak skills
The tip about the pronunciation war very useful. I also listen a lot to radio in the foreign language. It helps me get news from different countries without an emotional connection, so that it's perfect and you just analyse the information and don't get emotional and don't get involved in it, you can make up your mind though.
You can use Discord servers to talk to people who are trying to learn the same language with you from all around the world.
ı usually choose a topic and speak with myself.for example ' I ask what is your favorite place and why? After that ı answer.ı listen to records and podcasts an hour a day.
It's a good idea to translate music in english to your native language it helps very much because we listen to music over and over and that helps stick words in our heads.
actually i do not have many tips for learning a new language, i only have a advice that do not give up if you have some difficulty when you learn a language get up and remember why you started.
Practice language skills everyday, like speaking with mirror.
Online exams are easy to do at home, you can do them whenever you want. It also makes good language skills develop as well.
I'm doing a lot of practice in English.i watching movies, series and reading novels in English. That's very useful to learn new language.