A voicemail message

A voicemail message

Listen to a voicemail message and answer the questions to practise your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first.

Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Preparation

John: Hi, this is John. Thanks for calling. I'm not here at the moment, so please leave a message and I'll call you back.

Marina: Hi, John, this is Marina Silva calling from Old Time Toys. Your colleague Alex gave me your phone number. She said you can help me.

I need some information on your new products. Could you please call me when you are back in the office? My phone number is 0-2-0-8, 6-5-5-7-6-2-1.

Also, can you please email me your new brochure and information about your prices? My email address is Marina, that's M-A-R-I-N-A, dot Silva, S-I-L-V-A, at O-L-D-T-I-M-E hyphen toys dot com.

Thanks a lot. I look forward to hearing from you.

Task 1

Task 2

Average: 4.4 (289 votes)
Do you need to improve your English listening skills?

Submitted by Ahmed_Abouelazm on Fri, 31/12/2021 - 12:14

i do, but these days we use smart apps to send a voice message

Submitted by mamalirezaenglish on Wed, 29/12/2021 - 12:19

I've never leave voice message or call somebody in English. Because I don't have a friend who is fluent in English.

Submitted by Mahmoud Erakey on Tue, 28/12/2021 - 14:15

I always reply with an Email

Submitted by Albert73 on Sat, 25/12/2021 - 22:23

I'd rather answer emails than calls

Submitted by chan_official on Thu, 23/12/2021 - 10:15

To be honest I had never speak English either in phone calls or voice mails.
When someone speaks in English in phone calls, I struggled a lot to answer them.

Submitted by Thein Htet Zaw on Wed, 22/12/2021 - 08:27

Not always, I use my phone call message in Burmese because I am a burmese but sometimes I make a make a call in English maybe.

Submitted by Muhammed Nasht on Tue, 21/12/2021 - 09:36

I did not make it in English but you encourage me now to do it but I do not have friends who speak English so what can I do?

Submitted by zehrizer on Thu, 16/12/2021 - 13:52

Do you ever make phone calls or leave voicemail messages in English?

in turkey no one uses voicemail message. actually ı wonder what it is like to leave a voicemessage.
when ı was member one of the english learning program we used to talk the teacher on skyp in english.

Profile picture for user FreelancerSabbir

Submitted by FreelancerSabbir on Thu, 09/12/2021 - 11:07

I make phone calls and voice mail in English when I practice English with other people.
But usually, I make phone calls and voice mail in Bangla because I live in Bangladesh.

Thanks for reading my comment <3