An end of term report

Read an end of term report to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

Reading 20 10 15 P
Listening 20 10 8 F
Writing 20 10 14 P
Speaking 20 10 17 P
Grammar/Vocabulary 20 10 11 P
TOTAL     65 P

Comments

Well done, Javier, on all your hard work this term. You are always active in speaking activities, and this is great. I always enjoy reading your writing too; you have very good ideas. You can see from your marks that reading is not a problem for you.

Sometimes you still make small grammar mistakes, and I think you can improve your vocabulary. I recommend you review many of the language points we studied this term. There is extra language practice in your online workbook.

The area you need to work on the most is listening. I know this is difficult for you. I recommend more practice at home. Listen to English TV shows, podcasts and radio as much as possible. I can give you a list of things to listen to.

I've enjoyed working with you. Have a nice holiday, and good luck for next term!

Instructor's name: Erin Gibbs

Signed: Erin Gibbs

Do you need to improve your English reading skills?

A2 English level (pre-intermediate)

Submitted by Vanessa Paola … on Fri, 09/09/2022 - 15:54

In my case, i need to improve my listening, grammar and speaking skills

Submitted by wei IS me on Thu, 21/07/2022 - 13:47

I think Erin Gibbs is a nicer teacher than mine.

Submitted by hamodihamodi on Tue, 19/07/2022 - 03:42

I haven't ever made an English report since my all previous study was in Arabic

Submitted by jyoti Chaudhary on Sat, 28/05/2022 - 12:14

What was your last report like? What areas do you need to improve?
I have been learning English for 1years and my last report was not too good. my speaking is not good. I need to improve this. I've got good marks in listening, watching, and writing but still I do not speak better in English so it is very important to practice it regularly

Submitted by jel_sun89alen on Wed, 27/04/2022 - 09:55

I got all full mark at test

Submitted by HarryAg on Wed, 20/04/2022 - 06:02

I have discussed my tutor last week. According to him, I might need to improve my writing skills. Moreover, I need to improve my pronunciation in the speaking as well. When i speak too fast, he said it is very difficult to understand. Reading and Listening are not a great deal for me. Anyway, I need to practice more to reach the next level.

i had a problem like yours but with more practice i exceeded the problem now i can talk fast without pronunciation mistakes

Submitted by Kamelbenslimane on Thu, 07/04/2022 - 18:01

I think my writing skills need improvement because I focus just in reading and speaking

Submitted by ltfcnuzm on Mon, 28/03/2022 - 06:36

As far as I can tell you that when you insist to learn on something and you study as much as you can, you will start making progress in time. Believe me or not, I experienced this situation on my body shape and I believe that I will also experince it on my English skills. Keep studying. I believe in my willpower. Lastly, explain myself on writing is keep my mind clarify. See you :)

Submitted by caio brasil on Wed, 16/02/2022 - 11:49

I'm not so good at speaking because I'm a little shy. In fact, I'm trying to improve my reading and writing, because I'm studying to an exam which requires these two habilities.

Submitted by kalid abdirsak on Mon, 17/01/2022 - 12:05

HELLO guys i am new student

Submitted by ANOUAR on Tue, 23/11/2021 - 09:40

I think I need to improve my communication skills in English because I find it hard to express my ideas in english when I talk to somebody so with practice and time I will be good at talking in English, I'm sure.

Submitted by Luiscarza on Tue, 26/10/2021 - 22:19

Hi, I think I need to improve in all the areas, specially in listening, speaking and the vocabulary. One thing that I’ve been doing recently, is trying to read books in English, following an advice: read a book according to my English level, and I feel this strategy are successful. Obviously, I need more help.

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Sat, 16/10/2021 - 13:16

I think I'm too weak in four skills. I'm working for it. I'm doing a lot of practice about this four skills.
But I'm too weak in writing skills. Because if your writing skills is good then you find yourself to good for all.

Submitted by Momocompanyman on Sat, 16/10/2021 - 11:34

My best last report is the engineer degree, I need to improve my project management skills.

Submitted by LamVanPhuong on Fri, 15/10/2021 - 13:28

i think i need to improve all four skills because my report it is very bad

Submitted by Levine on Mon, 11/10/2021 - 12:53

My latest report is pretty bad. I think i need to improve reading and writing skills first,

Profile picture for user PuenteD

Submitted by PuenteD on Thu, 05/08/2021 - 01:38

I need to practice all skills. I'm practice every day...

Submitted by KATIELLE RAIAN… on Wed, 14/07/2021 - 16:24

I need better listening and speaking skills.

Submitted by Veronikka on Sun, 30/05/2021 - 19:34

My last report was good in reading and writing, but I must improve my listening and speaking.

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Fri, 07/05/2021 - 12:00

My last report was about exam result. I'm too weak in statistics and Economics of Agriculture. I'm doing hard work to get happen to simple things. I'm weak in speaking and writing. When I start taking to anyone I forget myself and present situation. I'm also doing hard work for it. I think if anyone do a lot practice then you can master in anything areas. I'm doing so. I'm in home isolation and in this time I doing practice about my weaknesses.

Submitted by Andrea Valencia on Sun, 11/04/2021 - 20:34

My last report was good, I need to improve my English writing and grammar, also I need to improve my listening and speaking.

Submitted by Venequin on Mon, 05/04/2021 - 17:54

I need ti be Best at speaking, when I start to Talk My brain get blank and I can barely Say: "mmmm I think for me"

Submitted by MikhailZatopliaev on Wed, 31/03/2021 - 00:09

O my last report was CFA is hardest report of my live. It is very big. I need to improve macroeconomic area, and now I learning this area more carefully, so interesting when you start understand many things.

Submitted by TIa vinaka on Thu, 18/03/2021 - 04:43

I need to improve writing and speaking. I think reading too but still a little better that those two. I have never satisfied with all of my English skill. I'll carry out studying English till I get PR.

Submitted by Rano on Mon, 15/03/2021 - 11:59

I am very weak in speake need more work. I good in listen I think that.

Submitted by In on Wed, 10/02/2021 - 08:14

I didn`t have a report for a long time.

Submitted by Leila77 on Fri, 05/02/2021 - 11:24

I took an English course two years ago. In the report, it said that I need to improve my speaking and writing skills. I am good in listening and reading but I still have to work more. This is why I am here!

Submitted by Sara Kalafat on Fri, 29/01/2021 - 14:05

The last report was for English Language to improve myself in all levels and all skills

Submitted by IrinAristova on Mon, 25/01/2021 - 13:46

I need to improve in speaking and listening. I am afraid to speak English because I am afraid to make mistakes, but I'll try
hello..!! I also have the same problem. Can we talk with each other about working on the same weakness?

Submitted by German on Fri, 22/01/2021 - 01:54

My last report was good. However, I have to improve in listening skill and vocabulary.

Submitted by Truongus123 on Thu, 14/01/2021 - 23:29

I took an English test last month, The result wasn't bad but my teacher still wants me to practice more in the Grammar and writing area. I hope I will get better this month

Submitted by abirgo on Thu, 14/01/2021 - 11:51

I took English courses last month. Although, i worked hard last term, my report wasn't good enough. I need to practice more speaking and i have to work on the writing skills to improve my marks. I hope that i can succeed in the next term

Submitted by Minh on Tue, 12/01/2021 - 18:40

English is little a bit difficult for everybody, so we have only one way to practise it everyday. However, we have a good environment we will improve better, Practise make perfect. English has idioms : " The more you try, the more you succeed" I have'nt a good report last term. Now, I am trying the best, I also hope I will have a good report in the next term.

Submitted by Djily on Fri, 01/01/2021 - 18:21

My last report in this term I had a good marks for one of the subjects, but I know that I'm very weak in listenig i have to work on this area, and i think I'm not good at speaking ,I also need more on this area,

Submitted by Rabia Syed on Wed, 30/12/2020 - 16:38

In my last report my result is not very good. Two days Ago I have the English online course. I am very weak in write English and Especially In vocabulary. But I try to my best. One day I become a good writer in English.

Submitted by Wevellyn on Sun, 27/12/2020 - 11:05

In my last report I did well, but I need to improve my pronunciation and my vocabulary. I'm doing very well with grammar, listening and reading. But my speaking and pronunciation aren't very good. However I've been working on it.
Profile picture for user Khin Yee Mon Khaing

Submitted by Khin Yee Mon Khaing on Fri, 25/12/2020 - 04:19

I think my last report is not good. I was weak in four skills especially writing and speaking. So, I prepare all my skills to improve more than the last time.

Submitted by Frank_7 on Mon, 07/12/2020 - 14:26

In my last report I did well, they just told me that I need to improve in math.

Submitted by Thinthinmyoe on Mon, 07/12/2020 - 13:19

I think my last report is not very good.I'm sure l'm weak in listening and writing.I need to prictise more.

Submitted by Gabrielaalfonzo on Mon, 30/11/2020 - 03:05

In my last report my results didn´t good, I need more practice in grammar and writing but is very difficult for me. I'm better in listening, speaking and reading. But, i doing better this term. i Hope.

Submitted by Anhvu on Sun, 29/11/2020 - 15:48

I began styding English in more one year. I went to a English class. But, i'm still weak in listening. I think, in the future, i will be better.

Submitted by Ehsan on Tue, 17/11/2020 - 07:27

I used to go to English class. My last report was 4 years ago, which was fine. but now I am learning English at home. I use various sources which one of them is your great website. I think I need to practice listening.

Submitted by alexiaimogen on Mon, 16/11/2020 - 10:27

My last report was exactly on the last day, I have a report from my English Teacher. The outcome for writing is pretty good, however, the speaking was contrary. I have to practice to be more confident and less anxious.

Submitted by GabrielaE on Thu, 12/11/2020 - 16:20

My last report was in here, in the British Council. I did it really bad, but right now I'm 100% that I'm doing better because I'm practicing every day watching TV, listening podcast, and I'm writing like a personal diary, for improve my writing skills. Also, I'm searching grammar tips at the internet to learn how to use the correct form of the punctuation marks. I put my computer and cellphone in English to help me too. So I need to improve mi writing, speaking, vocabulary and listening skills. Almost everything, but I'm happy. I think I'm doing it.
Profile picture for user Ana Luisa Sanchez Arroyo

Submitted by Ana Luisa Sanc… on Thu, 05/11/2020 - 23:54

My last report was 4 years ago in an English course, I felt that my improve was ascending in knowledge and my confidence grow up, my weakness was definitly the write. I thing this chatrooms are helpfull for me, the words cross in my mind speedly and fluent, I just need to give structure and form.

Submitted by Pola on Mon, 02/11/2020 - 16:44

Unfortunately, I didn't make any report, generally, so I want to focus in this lesson to make a report like that or other, and I want to improve a writing, listening and speaking skills to help me learning the language as much as possible.

Submitted by Asni on Thu, 29/10/2020 - 21:16

The last time I was asked to perform a report was two years ago. I think it is a bit tricky to write a concise report. There are lots of things to take into account; style, structure, simplicity....I'm a bit confused about the second part of the question... Anyway, if it is about the areas I need to improve in English then my answer will be listening, it is my big weakness. I've been watching TV shows and listening to podcasts lately, I noticed a slight improvement but I still need more practice. I think it will take me a while before a feel comfortable listening and understanding what a native speaker says.

Submitted by Ruby on Sat, 17/10/2020 - 08:34

No one gave me any report about English a long time, but in my opinion I have to improve my vocabulary and of course regularity of my lessons