Emails about studying in the UK

Learn how to write an email to find out about language courses in the UK.

Reading text

From: Simona Reggia
To: City Language School
Subject: Courses in August

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have seen your website and I would like to know more about your English courses.

I am interested in taking a two-week course in August. Are there any places available, and what are the start dates?

Also, do you have any accommodation for those dates?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Simona

From: Susan Colworth, City Language School
To: Simona Reggia
Subject: Re: Courses in August
Attachment: accommodation_info.pdf

Dear Simona,

Thank you for your interest in our courses.

Courses

• Yes, we have places on all our August courses.
  • Start dates are 7, 14 and 21 August (Mondays).

Accommodation

• Yes, we have rooms for students near the school. I am attaching some more information, photos and the prices.

Which course would you like, and which start date? If you would like accommodation, please let me know soon, as it is very popular.

Feel free to email me with any other questions.

Regards,

Susan Colworth
Course Administrator
City Language School

Tips

1. If you don’t know the name of the person you’re writing to, write Dear Sir or Madam.

2. If the person who wrote to you gave you their first name, you can use it. Hi is less formal than Dear.

3. To reply to someone’s email, start with Thank you for your email / your interest / the information.

4. Say I am attaching … or Please find attached … to tell someone what you have attached to the email.

5. Finish with Regards, and your name.

Do you need to improve your English writing skills?
Join thousands of learners from around the world who are improving their English writing skills with our live online classes and personal tutoring courses.

A1 English level (elementary)

Submitted by cesarasg on Fri, 09/09/2022 - 18:29

Would you like to study in the UK?
Yes, I would like to study in the UK, in special in London, it seems to me a beautiful city. I want to study English to improve my ESL.

Submitted by GraceZ on Mon, 08/08/2022 - 14:39

I would love to, It has been my biggest dream to study abroad specially in an affluent country like UK, I would never pass up a once in a lifetime opportunity like that.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have come accross your website, and I would like to know more about the courses offered.
I am interested in taking a three week 1 on 1 English speaking course in April, Are there any available slots? What are the start dates?

And I'd like to ask how to avail the 30% discount as stated in your wesbsite.

Thank you for your help, I look forward hearing from you.

Kind Regards,
Grace

Submitted by Amelle-TechLea… on Fri, 22/07/2022 - 12:44

Of course I'd love to. Studying in the UK is a dream for me. Being able to travel to the UK and do a language course will help me to improve my language profeciency an fluency. It will be a great opportunity to prepare for my IELTS exam.

From: Amelle
To: City Language School
Subject: Courses in August

Dear Sir or Madam,
I have seen your website on an advertisement on facebook and I would like to enroll in your two-week courses. I am interested in taking the courses available in August.

Could I have more details about the courses,fees, start dates and accomodations, please ?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Regars

Amelle

Submitted by yaser14 on Sat, 16/07/2022 - 19:28

yes, I would like to study in the UK and I am very interested in English literature.

Submitted by Fzt_abidin on Tue, 07/06/2022 - 10:34

Currently, ı graduated from Marmara university's faculty of law. if ı want to achieve my goals ı have to go abroad and do a master's. For this reason, ı have to take an İELTS exam.

Submitted by Waleed kasem on Tue, 31/05/2022 - 21:10

Dear Madam,

I have seen your ads on Facebook and I would like to more about your cleaning service.
I am interested in taking the math course in May. please could you explain more about the course?
Also, do you have any accommodations about the dates and prices?
best regards,
Waleed

Dear Waleed,
thank you for your interest in our courses
I am attaching the files which you wanted.

feel free to email me any time
best regards,
course administration

Submitted by Dave.7 on Tue, 17/05/2022 - 08:11

of course, I would love to study in UK I think it's going to improve my English a lot I hope someday that chance will come

Submitted by Jaci Anita on Sun, 01/05/2022 - 20:02

I have thought about that a long time ago, but not anymore. Now I would like to study in United State or Canada.

Submitted by nadyanightingale on Mon, 04/04/2022 - 09:36

I wish, I were able to study in the UK at least for a language course or a course for English teacher from abroad, I mean English as foreign language.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I'm interested in taking a two-week English course in the UK. Are there also any accommodations available for July? I'm attaching my filled questionnaire as it was required. Please let me know if you need any further information.

Regards,
Nadya

Submitted by ANOUAR on Tue, 16/11/2021 - 12:19

Yes I would like to study in UK because it has one of the most famous universities in the world.

Submitted by Bena - Mustafa on Sat, 30/10/2021 - 22:33

yes, I hope to join some course in UK to improve my English skills to communicate with people . whoever to find it ?

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Fri, 29/10/2021 - 12:50

Yes, I would like to study in Europe anywhere. I'm learning English for this reason. I'm happy to study in the Europe. Europe is very good place for study. There is a very interesting places that I would like to see.

It’s a really good story 😊
When I was little, I dreamed of studying in America. I was constantly sending letters to different universities , ridiculously composing them

Submitted by LamVanPhuong on Fri, 29/10/2021 - 09:37

yeah of course, it is will a opportunity for me to practice my english,

Submitted by DW on Mon, 28/06/2021 - 08:34

Studying abroad is a dream for me. But studying in the UK is too expensive for me. If I really have the opportunity to study oversea, I think I have to choose a location where the cost of living is cheaper!

Submitted by DarwinM on Wed, 05/05/2021 - 21:12

Yes, I do. I'd like to study English in the UK because of their accent. Also, studying in a English-speaking country is an opportunity to practice efficiently. Finally, the UK is amazing place that everyone will enjoy visiting, I think.
Profile picture for user mirtha

Submitted by mirtha on Mon, 03/05/2021 - 20:22

Yes, I would like to study in LAL summer School UK.

Submitted by Ehsan on Sun, 11/04/2021 - 08:43

yes of course. especially I would like to study the English language because it is their local language.

Submitted by victor.07 on Thu, 08/04/2021 - 23:23

Yes, it is my dream

Submitted by Dibesciak on Tue, 06/04/2021 - 22:30

Yes, I am applying for the course at University in the UK , I need to pass English exam , that's why I am learning on this site :)

Submitted by Giuliana on Mon, 05/04/2021 - 02:45

Yes OBVIOUSLY well, who not? I really would like to study in UK but not only for improve my english also for meet to new people and know new places and other things. This is one of my dreams and I hope one day to comply it :)

Submitted by Andrea Valencia on Sat, 03/04/2021 - 21:42

Yes, I would like to study English in the UK.

Submitted by Camila Abreu on Wed, 31/03/2021 - 21:01

Of course yes. But I would need to think of on alternative to study English with my daughter, who is only 05 years old.

Submitted by MikhailZatopliaev on Mon, 22/03/2021 - 23:24

O Yes. I would like to study in the UK. I have never been to Europe, though very want all time.

Submitted by TIa vinaka on Sat, 13/03/2021 - 02:59

Yes I'd like to when this thing gets back to normal, I will go abroad to study or work. maybe it will be not in the UK, because it costs too much for me and I guess difficult to find a job with my poor English.. but one day!!

Submitted by Bau on Thu, 04/02/2021 - 19:33

Yes, I would like to study in UK. I am living in Liverpool. I have had a ESOL testing with E3 but there is no class for me at the moment. I hope I could take an ESOL English class next time.

Submitted by Victor Hugo on Thu, 04/02/2021 - 16:32

of course, I'd rather study abroad and studying in the UK is my dream since I was a kid. It's the reason why I'm learning English now. I hope it will become a reality soon.

Submitted by ANOUAR on Wed, 03/02/2021 - 12:11

Yes I would like to, UK is a great country which has a history in science and culture, actually i don't know which carrer i will pursue in the future, but whatever i pursue, i will definitely want to continue my studies in the UK...

Submitted by In on Wed, 27/01/2021 - 10:10

I`m no interested to study in the UK, never was a place that calls my attention.

Submitted by German on Fri, 15/01/2021 - 23:21

Yes, I would. I wolud like to study a master in administration in the UK.
Profile picture for user Adli Hijazi

Submitted by Adli Hijazi on Sat, 12/12/2020 - 12:10

Of course. I am a recent graduate from Al-Isra University in architecture engineering and I would like to complete my education by enrolling in a master's degree so I have to get a high band in the IELTS test to do that.

Submitted by Leonardo de Souza on Sun, 15/11/2020 - 15:18

Yes, I really Would. Currently I'm studying English because I want to study abroad. However I need improve my English skills to be able enough to approve on proficiency English exam.

Submitted by Babydoll on Sat, 24/10/2020 - 20:58

I was student here and I completed my college. I have to say I did enjoy study because it was a lot fun and found some real friends.

Submitted by raginirags on Sat, 24/10/2020 - 12:05

yes i'd to study in uk

Submitted by joselo on Mon, 12/10/2020 - 03:33

Absolutely. I definitely want to study in the U.K. Actually, I feel lucky for having traveled to U.K. a couple of times. I hung out in London for a few days where a visited museums and walked around the Thames river. It is an astonishing city.

Submitted by Moon Wathan on Sat, 10/10/2020 - 07:25

Yes, I would like to study in UK. I want to study in UK. So, I try to get scholarship to study in either UK or Switzerland specialized major in political science. So now, I try the best in English.

Submitted by Pola on Sun, 27/09/2020 - 18:24

Yes, of course, I would like to know for interior designing courses that are my dream in my new career and also I'm hearing of about the UK courses, and this country they've professionals at any field, they really experts.

Submitted by Khin Myat Thwin on Sat, 19/09/2020 - 14:54

I would like to study in the uk if I have a chance to do, especially in Oxford and cambridge. What I meant by this is all the books I have read to learn english since I was young are coming from these two countries which are very famous in non-english speaking country. I am familiar with these countries, so I would like to come and learn there because they are like educational cities which teach english learners an english thankfully and benevolently.

Submitted by shironeiko on Mon, 17/08/2020 - 18:59

I'd love to take part in a short course in UK. Every fields is possible. It will drive me to get more and more experiences which I really need in my teenage years.

Submitted by Maria19 on Sat, 15/08/2020 - 21:03

Yes, that can be a great idea. Because it is the best way to practice and learn English well.

Submitted by walotaibi on Thu, 13/08/2020 - 09:40

Yes, I would. My dream was to take an English course in the UK. Because I am in love with the UK accent. But my family did not accept this decision. They feel worried about me because I was a little lady.

Submitted by Phan Bao Dung on Mon, 03/08/2020 - 18:14

Yes, I would like to study in the UK. Because I can practice my English and also here has a lot of high-quality universities in the world. I will be engaged in the learning environment with relatively good learning conditions. This allows me to access advanced technology and science easily through modern teaching and learning equipment.

Submitted by Venus on Mon, 03/08/2020 - 15:04

Of course, who wouldn't. For the sake of sharing best practice and solution, I have always wanted to enter The Core Training of Internal Medicine in NHS , however, sadly, this will not happen anytime soon because of the pandemic. I would like to savour each and every popular destinations starting from the 400-feet high London Eye to Lake District. Spending an evening cruising the famous Thames river, gazing at the Big Bang and Tower Bridge whilst the european wind is dishelving your hair, will be truly nostalgic. Moreover, the fact that the century-old architecture as well as lavender fields of the England Isle will provide fascinating instagram photos is crystal clear. Last but not least, one should set sail for The Oxford University which is one of the world's ivy league universities before setting your foot off the United Kingdom.

Submitted by Hibiki Sato on Wed, 22/07/2020 - 09:02

Yes. I would like to study in UK because I want to learn English there. In recent years, American English has been regarded as the mainstream, and it has been taught in Japanese school education, and many people mistakenly think that English was born in the United States. However, English was originally born in England. I think that learning English in the country in which it was born can help you learn more about the origin of the language, and thus improve your understanding of English. In addition to that, I like soccer very much. My favorite team is Liverpool FC, watching a Liverpool FC match locally is one of my childhood dreams. Additionally, it is said that the Premier League is currently the highest league in the world, and soccer fans around the world want to watch the game at least once. Because of these things, I would like to study in the UK.

Submitted by sakura on Wed, 22/07/2020 - 06:07

Yes. I want to study in the UK. Because the intonation of English is very beautiful in the UK. I learned American English intonation in middle and high school. But I've always been fascinated by British intonation and wanted to learn it too. I've been to New Zealand. New Zealand is a British-speaking country, so we have the same pronunciation. I was in high school at the time, and I was feeling a little uncomfortable with the pronunciation. It wasn't very strange, but it was not a word I had heard before and it took me a while to understand it. After I got used to it, I realized that British English is a beautiful language, and I started to be attracted to it. I won't have the chance to go to New Zealand again, but my current university program includes a short-term study abroad program where students study abroad for three months at a pre-determined location. One of them was to study abroad in Ireland. I decided to study abroad in Ireland because I thought it would be a great opportunity for me. I heard that Ireland is a very historic city and is known as a very friendly city in the UK. However, I heard that they have an accent. It might not be a good lesson in intonation, but beautiful pronunciation is not the only way to learn English. So I feel that this study abroad program in Ireland is a good opportunity to get to know the local English pronunciation.

Submitted by Hashimi on Mon, 20/07/2020 - 08:26

Yes. I am planning to study my Master's Degree in the UK

Submitted by grainpleaser on Sun, 12/07/2020 - 13:47

I'm really looking forward to study in the UK, especially at University of Surrey. I've been practicing my English to take IELTS Tests and some scholarship test. Please wish me luck.