Meeting other students

Listen to a group of new students meeting for the first time to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Teacher: So, now you've got the important information, it's time to meet each other. Everyone turn to the people next to you and introduce yourselves.

Cara: So, hi. I'm Cara. And you are?

Robert: Robert.

Selim: Selim.

Cara: Nice to meet you!

Robert and Selim: You too.

Robert: Nice accent. Where are you from?

Cara: I'm from Glasgow.

Robert: Oh, really? My mum's from near Glasgow, so I'm half Scottish.

Cara: Cool. Do you live in Scotland?

Robert: No, we live in England, near Manchester. My dad's from there. What about you, Selim?

Selim: I'm from Leeds originally but I grew up near London.

Cara: Are you both doing history on its own?

Selim: No. I'm doing history and German.

Robert: I'm doing it with maths, actually.

Selim: History and maths. That's different!

Robert: Yeah, I couldn't decide between arts and sciences. Maths doesn't help with remembering dates, though! And you?

Cara: I'm doing history and French.

Selim: I wanted to do French but German was easier, so I took that.

Cara: German is so hard!

Do you need to improve your English listening skills?

Submitted by Mm1111 on Mon, 13/06/2022 - 11:46

I love study sciences subjects. My favourite subject is biology and chemistry because you can learn some things very interesting and I always hate frech and history...

Submitted by ohroyal on Mon, 06/06/2022 - 19:42

i study English and Spanish for now

Submitted by Daii Saad on Thu, 02/06/2022 - 16:04

I like to study chemistry and biology

Submitted by walaafathi on Sat, 14/05/2022 - 00:38

I like studying the languages to understand & dealing with the different people now I learn English and I am going to learn german.

Submitted by khaled67 on Wed, 11/05/2022 - 21:57

I like to study math science and English

Submitted by badboyzz on Mon, 09/05/2022 - 09:25

I like to study sport science and English .Because this two subject very similar .I was a sport player then I had a injury ,finished my sport carrier.I found perfect subject. I have passion this subjects.Sometimes I spend much time for sport science but doesn't matter I LOVE SPORT

Submitted by Nori on Fri, 06/05/2022 - 06:24

What subject I like is English because studying English takes me to access a lot of information than using only Japanese. For example, I searched Japanese swords on google, and the number of search results with "日本刀" is 295,000,000; on the other hand, "Japanese Sword" found 361,000,000. Even though the things made in Japan, the search result in English is more than in the Japanese language.

Submitted by Lina hameed on Mon, 25/04/2022 - 09:56

I like to study english ,french and science.
To discover the culture of the world.

Submitted by Hoahoa on Sun, 24/04/2022 - 14:54

Hello everyone!
My favorite subject is English and math.

Submitted by Andres Cuchimaque on Thu, 21/04/2022 - 22:23

I like to study human behaviors and philosophy.

Submitted by alstroemeria on Wed, 20/04/2022 - 14:55

i like to study english and sometimes learn how to painting.

Submitted by SETTI on Sat, 09/04/2022 - 20:59

i like to study english , french and maths

Submitted by nadyanightingale on Thu, 31/03/2022 - 19:42

I'm studying English and French. I did my master degree in German as a foreign language.

Submitted by trongbumchiu on Wed, 30/03/2022 - 23:23

As I remember, when I was a high school I like Physical and computer. When I go to university I almostly like the automate electric and I think it's very helpful for my job until now.

Submitted by Abrarhussain on Thu, 24/03/2022 - 16:28

I like to study English.

Submitted by Amin Kourani on Fri, 25/02/2022 - 14:35

What subjects do you like to study?
as far as I could remember, I liked to study Math, Physics and a bit of Literature.

Submitted by jmajo on Thu, 27/01/2022 - 16:31

Although I'm not a formal student any more I like to study history, programming(python) and music in my spare time but when I was a student I liked to study physics and computer science.

Thanks for the lesson.
Great site!

Submitted by zehrizer on Sat, 18/12/2021 - 09:32

What subjects do you like to study?

ı m not a student anymore. but ı m still in love with learning english languages.

Submitted by Ehsan on Tue, 30/11/2021 - 06:35

I like to study psychological sciences and technology-based sciences especially emerging technologies such as the blockchain.

wow, i'm just like you, i'm studying blockchain but the price is so high 😂😂

Hi all,

Feel free to share any information about your learning, but just a friendly reminder not to share personal details, which is not allowed here. Thanks :)

Jonathan

Submitted by Kamelbenslimane on Mon, 22/11/2021 - 19:59

I have master degree in chemistry science, but I like to study design and management.

Submitted by John Nguyen on Tue, 09/11/2021 - 03:05

I like to study English so I'm learning it and I like to study programming language

Submitted by ANOUAR on Mon, 08/11/2021 - 10:33

My favorite subject is Math, I like to solve mathematical problems and also Math is the language of the universe

Submitted by LamVanPhuong on Fri, 05/11/2021 - 10:06

i would like to study subjects about language. right now, i'm studying English and Korean and if possible i will study Thai, Chinese or Japanese.

Submitted by KyawMinThu on Mon, 25/10/2021 - 11:48

I like to study English and French in arts and I prefer psychology and maths in sciences .

Submitted by Jopa on Thu, 21/10/2021 - 16:21

I can't hear the audios, can anyone say why?

Hello Jopa,

I've checked the audio on the page and it is working correctly, so the problem is a local one. There are several things you could check:

1. Try accessing the page on a different device, particularly a laptop or desktop computer rather than a mobile device. If this solves the problem then you'll know it is a compatibility issue with your device.

2. Check the security (firewall, media permissions etc) settings in your browser and your system. Something may be blocking media streaming.

3. Check to see if local regulations are limiting access. Different countries and service providers may have their own rules as to what can and cannot be accessed online.

I hope those suggestions are helpful.

Submitted by vuhoap on Mon, 18/10/2021 - 14:16

When I was student, I liked to study chemistry and math, so my highest university entrance exam score was chemistry. For now, I like to study the programming language because I am a programmer.

Submitted by francyscongo on Fri, 15/10/2021 - 08:54

I like to study Math and Physics. But recently, I like language such as English and French.

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Mon, 04/10/2021 - 11:10

I like arts such as polity, history geography and English. I don't like science.

Profile picture for user YinLiXing

Submitted by YinLiXing on Fri, 03/09/2021 - 01:43

I like to study physics.

Submitted by DzanaP on Sat, 28/08/2021 - 10:00

I like to study languages and psychology. I am not so good at math and chemistry

Submitted by Andrea Valencia on Wed, 14/07/2021 - 16:51

I like arts such as French, English, Italian and Spanish.

Submitted by KATIELLE RAIAN… on Sat, 10/07/2021 - 12:37

I like studying history.

Submitted by saeedebrahimip on Tue, 15/06/2021 - 12:01

I like study to electricity subject and I'm studying English with a professional teacher.

Submitted by Munirah Saad 20 on Mon, 24/05/2021 - 10:16

I like to study psychology and social subjects
Profile picture for user Marce-English

Submitted by Marce-English on Sun, 23/05/2021 - 19:36

When I was studying at school I liked math and chemistry, and I didn't like English, because I thought I was never going to use it but now I need it, more than ever....
Profile picture for user PuenteD

Submitted by PuenteD on Thu, 20/05/2021 - 19:58

I like the science subject, but I´m not scientist. The chemistry help me to understand someone things. And now I try to learn History and I+D.

Submitted by karinaelizabeth on Wed, 28/04/2021 - 17:20

When I was in high school my favorites subjects were History and English because those two teachers taught really well. they were empathic with us.

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Thu, 08/04/2021 - 03:41

Hi, I like studying economics and History. I'm doing graduation in this subject. When I went to high school , I like every subject but when i went doing graduation I take economics. This is very interesting for me.

Submitted by victor.07 on Wed, 07/04/2021 - 15:48

I like to study maths and physics

Submitted by DarwinM on Wed, 07/04/2021 - 04:36

My favorite subject is English. Also, I really enjoy maths because I like how it feels to solve difficult exercises after having practiced a lot.

Submitted by Nader Ahmed on Wed, 31/03/2021 - 14:40

My favorite subject before was math, but now it's the English language.

Submitted by tvkien on Mon, 29/03/2021 - 04:00

When I was a student, I really enjoy study Maths, I did a lot of Maths exercises. I remember I got the maximum point when I did the exam in three semesters. That makes me become a software engineer for now. And in the future, I will teach my children about Maths and Sciences

Submitted by Veronikka on Fri, 26/03/2021 - 00:51

What subjects do you like to study? I like to study programming language, maths, physics and about the universe. I think I like these themes inherited from my father, because he is a nuclear physicist, really a scientist. He told me that if you want to understand the universe, you must know physics and mathematics.