Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
We have a team meeting in Room 310 on Friday 26 November at 11 a.m. We are expecting 25 members of our international team there.
- Could you please book the room for us?
- Would you please prepare 25 pens and notepads for the meeting?
- Also, can you write an email to the team members to tell them the time and place of the meeting?
Thanks very much for your help. If you have any questions about this just let me know – I'll be in the office tomorrow morning.
1. You can start a note with just the name of the person you are writing to or Hi ... . You don’t need to use Dear … .
2. Make sure dates are very clear. Include the day, date and time.
3. Explain the reason for the instructions.
4. Write clear and polite instructions. Use phrases like Can / Could / Would you please … ?
5. At the end offer the chance to ask questions and check the instructions.
6. Finish the note with Best, or Thanks, and then your name underneath.
That dependes. Sometimes I prefer to speak in person and othertimes write them a note. But in these days is easier to write via whatsapp. Because it is easier.
Mostly, I speak rather than writing.
I have to give my team instruction in these cases
1- If we have to a new high instruction.
2- discussion some problems
3- implementation of a new work plan.
As a manager in the company has to offer my instruction to the team by email, but there are urgent somethings need to directly phone.
I prefer to give instructions with an email. If it is an important instruction, I give it call.
Personally, I would like to write a note, therefore my colleague can have all the information he or she needs written. It wont lead to some kind of misunderstanding.
I'm organising the event tomorrow evening. Could you do me a favour? We're expecting 30 members of out international team to be there. Could you please prepare 30 copies of my presentation? Please would call all the team member who are going to participate?
Thank you for your help. If you have any questions, let me know. I'll be in the office tomorrow morning.
Hello everybody, I prefer to give instructions in an e-mail.
I would prefer to give instruction directly by words beacause it's easier to be understood !
if possible i would like prefer to speak with them because it's easier for us to get straight to the point.
When I give instructions to anyone I usually speak to them and tell them if any problem then speak me. Because I don't have much time at work I always busy to doing things.