Accessories

Do the exercises and learn the words for some accessories.

Exercise

Task 1

Exercise

Task 2

Exercise

Task 3

Exercise

Task 4

Exercise

Task 5

Exercise

Are you ready to take your vocabulary to the next level?

Submitted by Aeronwen on Sat, 11/06/2022 - 18:08

hi!I do not understand well.

Hello Aeronwen,

Do you have any specific questions we can help you with?

Submitted by ChanMyaeAung on Sat, 04/06/2022 - 11:14

Hello Sir, Why is answer of the task3 pocket? Why not scarf?. If you don't mind, pls reply me.

Hello ChanMyaeAung007,

In the first question of task 3, you have to identify which accessory is not worn on your head or around your neck.

We usually wear a scarf around our neck, but a pocket is usually in trousers, a shirt or a jacket (not on our head or around our neck).

Does that make sense?

Submitted by SiThuUKE on Thu, 02/06/2022 - 17:15

There may be something wrong in the 3rd question of task 3.Answer should be earrings instead of scarf because we usually don't wear scarf even on some cold days. Compare with earrings scarf is more less use than earrings that I think. Don't mind me, just saying my opinion. Thank You for these greatest exercise.

Hi SiThuUKE,

Thanks for your comment! We think the answer should be "earring" because the question says "We usually wear only one of these" (i.e., not two, three, etc.), and we need to choose the answer that does NOT match the question. Usually, people wear only one belt, cap, rucksack and scarf, if they wear them. But many people wear a pair of earrings (i.e., two earrings), so that is the correct answer here.

I hope that helps.

Jonathan

Submitted by Zayed_Hatem on Wed, 01/06/2022 - 18:45

Hello everyone, this lesson was great, but there's some problems in task 3.

Hello Zayed_Hatem,

Could you be more specific? If you can explain the problems then perhaps we can fix them.

Submitted by Ahmed Haqi Makki on Mon, 30/05/2022 - 06:44

the page logout automatically and I can not complete tasks

Hello Ahmed Haqi Makki,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. For security, when an account isn't used for 15 minutes, it is automatically logged out.

I have the same problem. It constantly logs me out after a few minutes

Hello adam33pl,

I'm sorry about the inconvenience and thanks for letting me know. If you find out precisely how long it is before you are logged out, please let me know.

If you need to leave an exercise for a few minutes, I'd suggest opening another LearnEnglish page in a different tab on your browser. You can refresh that page every 10 minutes and you should remain logged in. I know that's not an ideal solution, but for now perhaps that could help you.

In any case, I'll advise our technical team.

Submitted by Md Sohan Hossain on Sat, 21/05/2022 - 08:26

too good , if I was know the website few years ago!

Submitted by tryyourbest on Fri, 20/05/2022 - 04:00

Do you have an accessory that is special in some way? Tell us about it.
Hi everyone! Hope you all doing well.
Actually, I have some accessories: a rucksack for work, a ring on my left hand, a necklace from my boyfriend and some scarves. I love scarf.
I think accessory is an easy way to make yourself different, make you beautiful.

Submitted by Mahmoud Yacine on Sun, 15/05/2022 - 14:44

Hello everyone, I hope you're in good health.
I loved this lesson.
Actually, I have some accessories in my home, like a rucksack, a scarf, a belt....etc. I use them when I need them. However, my siblings always wear them when I go out home or when I am on a trip. So tell me please which is the best solutions for using with them.

Submitted by badboyzz on Wed, 04/05/2022 - 15:18

I have to wear hat and scarf.Because my country so cold, I gotta wear them. But I always wear watch because this watch my girlfriend gift's.

Submitted by J.Abarca on Sun, 17/04/2022 - 04:38

Yes, I have a glasses and they are so special for me because I think they help me to be more handsome.

Submitted by EiThu on Wed, 13/04/2022 - 17:07

I live in tropical country so usually I don't need to wear gloves or scarf. But I need to use the sunglasses and cap when I go outside. Although I love to buy necklace, bracelet, belt and earrings but I rarely use them. I used to wear a rucksack when I was a student. I use my bag to carry my accessories. Sometimes I put my money into my pocket because I don't want to carry bag or rucksack.

Submitted by Rama Nunna on Sat, 09/04/2022 - 15:39

I always put on my favorite earrings. Sometimes, I wear my necklace too. I usually wear some gloves when it is extremely cold but I always wear a hat. I like to organize my Rucksack before leaving for school.

Submitted by sinilidoch on Sun, 03/04/2022 - 15:09

Hi everyone!
I'll just say I have plenty of rings. I don't like wearing a hat, but instead, I wear a scarf on my neck or on my head when the weather is not better and snow or rain falls. Because, I usually wear a headphones and I think about to safe my technologies. Then I have two pairs of gloves, they are so brutal and "black spirit" vibe or emotionally aggressive get. Finally, I have some necklace, but I wear a one around my neck, because I like one.
This necklace means the support of female energy. I really don't believe it, but still wearing.

Submitted by AndrZakhar on Mon, 28/03/2022 - 07:43

I always wear helmet, glasses and gloves while cycling. In my opinion everyone should think more about protection and their health. Also I often use rucksack to store warm clothes, tools, food etc.
But what do you think about cycling? Which type of transport prefer?

Submitted by AMArq on Wed, 23/03/2022 - 15:42

I always use glasses because I have astigmatism and myopia. I can´t forget my belt to keep my trousers in place. (I'm a new english learner)

Submitted by Gulnara-Adam on Mon, 21/03/2022 - 11:24

Yes I have my lovely bracelet .

Submitted by nadyanightingale on Tue, 08/03/2022 - 11:23

I do have all these accessories at home. I usually wear a neckless and a bracelet when I go out. I do wear earrings all the time and I like when my earrings go with my outfit.
I have to wear glasses when I'm driving a car because I can't see far away.
When I go shopping I take my rucksack with me, so that I have my hands free for my children.

Submitted by bikun932 on Mon, 14/02/2022 - 01:44

I am a big fan of CSGO and I like gloves,a item in this game because it's very expensive

I have a big box. I am called of it jewellery box, I Love the silver very much, It is special for me, it has alot of types and forms simple and chick

Submitted by negin19 on Sun, 13/02/2022 - 11:15

I love accessories, especially caps. I have different color of caps that I use them in summer. they are lovely and protect my eyes and skin from sun.
I suggest to you to buy a cap and use in different seasons.

Submitted by JanBekis on Sat, 12/02/2022 - 17:55

Hi to all :) . My favourite one is a belt. Simply prevents my trousers to falling off.

Submitted by Susan Celis on Thu, 10/02/2022 - 23:35

Yes, I do. My specially accesorie is a bag because mi mother make them every day, it's her hobby.

Submitted by jyoti Chaudhary on Sun, 23/01/2022 - 16:57

Hello, I'm very happy to join this course. It is very brilliant. I want to improve my English language through this course. Well, my mother gifted me one necklace. It was my favorite present. I have a lot of earrings and all the other stuff. Thanks, I hope I will learn through this course.

Submitted by Romina Cantos on Wed, 19/01/2022 - 05:04

Hi everyone!
I have got a bracelet as a present from my mother and it´s special for me because I sharing the same with she.

Submitted by Enya1985 on Thu, 13/01/2022 - 20:21

Hello, Everybody! I have rarity golden earrings with beautiful pattern. It's present from my grandmom. There are many various rucksacks in my closet, because I have two small kids. I don't like the necklace and bracelets. I'm dreaming about leather gloves and belt. I use only sunglasses in sunny days because I have healthy eyes yet. I have only two bags: black, yellow colored. I don't have any hats and caps.

Submitted by Kamelbenslimane on Mon, 27/12/2021 - 10:40

Yeah, I have some tech accessories

Submitted by Med.mni on Wed, 22/12/2021 - 22:23

I have en my rucksack 🎒 many things

Submitted by Thein Htet Zaw on Wed, 22/12/2021 - 08:13

Yes, I have a some bracelet and a cap. I usually put on these two accessories when I go outside everywhere. I love it's so much.

Submitted by Fatony on Fri, 05/11/2021 - 13:36

Hi every one. How is it going?
For me I have got all the above things or accessories except a cap. I haven't had it yet. I love beautiful rucksacks because of l use it more for work and travel. I have got many of them. Also, I like jewelleries. Two years ago before I had my daughter I renewed my jewelries, the golden ones. I bought four necklaces and, for me and my daughters. I also have got five bracelets, three set of earrings and one ring. I always wear medical glass for a computer. I have got many colorful scarfs because I don't go out without it.
I hope the teacher check my writing. Thank a lot.

Hello Fatony,

Thanks for your contribution! I'm afraid we don't correct our users' writing, but I'll mention a couple of things very quickly. First of all, 'because of' is used before a noun phrase ('because of their usefulness'), but before a phrase you should use just 'because' ('because I use them for work and travel'). The other thing is that 'glasses' is always plural, so you should say 'medical glasses'.

Well done and thanks again!

Best wishes,

Submitted by Ray Tam on Sun, 31/10/2021 - 13:49

Using the rucksack my daughter bought me when sightseeing in London last week, it’s so convenient because it’s good enough big to put things inside.

Submitted by ANOUAR on Mon, 25/10/2021 - 14:49

I love my rucksack because I brings my stuffs in it and it's easy to handle...

Submitted by Juno Davi on Mon, 25/10/2021 - 04:32

Have a nice day everyone

Submitted by KyawMinThu on Fri, 22/10/2021 - 11:48

Of Course! I have an Apple Watch. I got it from my mother as my birthday present last year. It makes me happy, healthy and convenient life style.I think my watch is one of the most important things of my life.