Online course introductions

Learn how to introduce yourself on an online course.

Reading text

New messages

10 Sep, 00:04 – Israa Al Ahmadi

Hi everyone! I'm from Qatar. Nice to meet you. It's my first time studying online. I hope to learn a lot from the course and from all of you!

9 Sep, 15:04 – Jonathan Davies

Welcome everyone. I'm Canadian but living in Scotland. The last time I studied anything was forty years ago … I'm a bit nervous! Good luck, everyone!

9 Sep, 11:21 – Le Thi Ha

Hello. I'm so happy to be doing this course. I've finished two other online courses this year so I'm looking forward to my third. I'm from Vietnam by the way. Looking forward to meeting you all!

9 Sep, 10:43 – Carlos Garcia Gonzales

Hi! Looks like I'm the first one here so … hi to everyone who joins the course and nice to meet you! Good luck with the course and see you in the next lesson!

Tips

1. Keep your introduction short and clear.

2. Say hello and give a little bit of information about yourself. Don’t say anything too private or personal.

3. You can say what you hope to get or learn.

4. Wish people good luck.

5. You don’t have to write full sentences.

6. You might use more exclamation marks (!) than in formal writing because it looks friendly.

Do you need to improve your English writing skills?
Join thousands of learners from around the world who are improving their English writing skills with our live online classes and personal tutoring courses.

A1 English level (elementary)

Submitted by GraceZ on Tue, 16/08/2022 - 14:50

I like how convenient it is! I can manage my time effectively. Studying online keeps me stay focus and determined.

Hello Everyone I'm Grace, I'm from korea. I'm so happy to be doing this course. Good Luck with the course and see you in the next lesson.

Submitted by Amelle-TechLea… on Fri, 22/07/2022 - 19:24

Hi and welcome everyone ! My name is Amelle and I’m Algerian. I’ve just finished doing my first online course and I’m looking foward to taking this one. I’m so happy to be doing this course and I hope to learn a lot from the course and from you! Nice to meet you all and good luck with the course !

What I like about studying online is the flexibility and convenience of the course. Moreover, online courses are affordable and comfortable since you are learning from your own home. In addition, you are able to keep a job while you are studying.

Submitted by Claire Rabbit on Sat, 25/06/2022 - 11:05

Hi everyone! I'm Taylor. I've been learning English from the online course for a month. I hope to improve my English skills online in free time. Looking forward to meeting you all! Good luck,everyone!!

Submitted by Fzt_abidin on Tue, 07/06/2022 - 10:59

Every learning styles have own advantages and disadvantages. But when I think the online learning systems ı merely see the disadvantages because when ı was at the school ı failed due to online education. Since that's time ı only advocate the face-to-face education :)

Submitted by Dave.7 on Wed, 18/05/2022 - 15:01

studying online saves me a lot of time and you can go back to your courses any time anywhere, and the most important thing avoiding the traffic

Submitted by Barrita on Thu, 05/05/2022 - 22:41

Hi, everyone!! I am Edgar from México I hope what everybody learning English. I hope can ready and writer well
regars
xoxo

Submitted by Jaci Anita on Sun, 01/05/2022 - 20:36

I do not like really. But I am getting used to it.

Submitted by Shirinagha on Sun, 01/05/2022 - 01:49

Hi everyone!!
What I like to study English is that I have to accomplish the TOEFLE IBT document and being able to cope my problems in academic area.
Looking forward to see All members ASAP..

Submitted by Ehsanuullahalami on Sat, 23/04/2022 - 07:56

Dear all course members,

Hi everyone. I’m from Kabul, Afghanistan. It's nice to meet you all. This is my first time doing an online course. I hope to learn new things from this course and from all of you. I’m looking forward to meeting you all as soon as possible.

I wish you a happy, successful, and prosperous life.

Submitted by Coffee Cup on Thu, 14/04/2022 - 07:28

I like studying online because I can reach every course and I have a lot options.

Submitted by nadyanightingale on Mon, 04/04/2022 - 13:09

I like to take remote classes because I can learn on my own way. If I learn remotely I can plan my day better.I wish everyone good luck! I took my last online course a year ago before my parental leave.

Submitted by Kamelbenslimane on Tue, 15/02/2022 - 12:02

I like to study online because there are more flexibility and I can more be focus.

Submitted by ANOUAR on Mon, 22/11/2021 - 09:46

I like how I meet people from different countries and cultures and also I like how you can study something in your home rather than going thousands of miles to study it

Submitted by LamVanPhuong on Mon, 01/11/2021 - 13:59

when i study online i can eat, sleep or do anything i want

Submitted by Bena - Mustafa on Sat, 30/10/2021 - 04:48

Hi everyone , I hope to improve my conversation skills to be confident in speaking to communicate of people .

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Fri, 29/10/2021 - 14:35

Yes, I like to read online. It's very convenient to study in home in a room. There is very good environment to study in my room. I go to out only giving exam.

Submitted by minggthuww on Wed, 20/10/2021 - 17:55

Studying online that I don't need to dress up or make up and I feel really comfortable when I learn in my personal space. In addition, studying online doesn't require me to go so far to study at school.
Please correct my grammar if I was wrong somewhere.

Submitted by DW on Tue, 29/06/2021 - 09:55

Online learning is very convenient, you can study anytime, anywhere. The main advantage is that it is very flexible and can save a lot of time. Imagine that you do not need to go to a special location to attend a class. This is really important for those who have a family and need to take care of their children. Another benefit of studying online is that you can keep your job while studying. It is not easy for a working people to quit his job and study full-time. If you take online courses, you can keep both your work and study. You can also choose overseas online courses, so you do not need to leave your friends, your family and your current life.

Submitted by DarwinM on Fri, 07/05/2021 - 17:23

What I like the most about studying online are flexible schedules and learning at my own pace. It's a good opportunity for autodidacts to continue learning
Profile picture for user mirtha

Submitted by mirtha on Wed, 05/05/2021 - 19:17

What I like about study online is that I can take class for whatever I want, anytime, anywhere. It's good for autodidacts.

Submitted by Ehsan on Sun, 11/04/2021 - 09:07

from its advantages are being comfortable at home and saving time.

Submitted by Andrea Valencia on Thu, 08/04/2021 - 00:11

I don't want to study anything online I prefer to study in an on-site unviersity

Submitted by Camila Abreu on Sat, 03/04/2021 - 20:31

I like to study anything online. I have already studied, languages, courses about enviromental and sustainability. Also, already concluded a postgraduate course on biotechnology.

Submitted by Bandar 777 on Sat, 03/04/2021 - 14:49

what i like about online Stude is no need to car or wake up in morning and easy

Submitted by MikhailZatopliaev on Wed, 24/03/2021 - 22:20

Hello, everyone! It is so good to be here. I am studying English for my work. Online education is the best. Good luck

Submitted by carpe_diem on Tue, 16/03/2021 - 18:28

Hi everyone. I like my first online English course.

Submitted by TIa vinaka on Mon, 15/03/2021 - 02:18

Hi Everyone! what I like about study online is that I can take class anytime anywhere with internet. also It's good for saving time more than commuting to school.

Submitted by becktoan on Sat, 20/02/2021 - 08:44

I am from HongKong. Traffic jam is heavy at my city. Study online help me reduce transporting time.

Submitted by Bau on Fri, 05/02/2021 - 21:00

Learning online is not the good way , though. Because I have no chance to meet my teacher and classmates to discuss and talk about our lesson. When we learn online, the time is limited even to not comfortable to share ideas each other.

Submitted by In on Fri, 05/02/2021 - 06:58

I like to study online because I can do everything at home. I don`t have to lose time by transport. So is more easy time manage.

Submitted by Leila77 on Thu, 04/02/2021 - 09:50

I really like studying online because it's very flexible and it gives me a lot of choices of courses. I can learn everything from different universities without leaving my room! It's wonderful!

Submitted by German on Tue, 19/01/2021 - 00:42

What I like about to study online that I can manage my time better and I don´t have to go to the other places

Submitted by Muna on Thu, 14/01/2021 - 16:03

I would like to study online but regarding my IT skills making it difficult for me. Now i am working on my commuter skills

Submitted by Honey June on Tue, 12/01/2021 - 06:25

I don't like studying online course before because I think I can't control my mind myself.Whenever I am online,I always spend my time using social networks.I can't control my hand and my mind lol.But now I got motivation to study online course cause my university is closed because of Corona Virus.So I don't want to spend my time uselessly.Then I decide to try my best to study online course.But online has many advantages more than I think!
Profile picture for user Adli Hijazi

Submitted by Adli Hijazi on Sat, 12/12/2020 - 12:59

I`m really like to study online. Because that makes me more concentrate on the lecture and I an being less distraction thus which make my studying more efficient.
Profile picture for user anguiluciana

Submitted by anguiluciana on Fri, 04/12/2020 - 00:28

Hi guys! I'm peruvian. For me the best thing about studying online is that I can connect anywhere and anytime so I save lot of time and I can enjoy being at home with my family. I also like it because it is cheaper than face-to-face class.

Submitted by Leonardo de Souza on Thu, 19/11/2020 - 12:12

For me, the best thing about studying online is I can management my course and time myself. And I have autonomy to survey the kinds of thing I want to learn and build my knowledge my self.

Submitted by MAQSOOM AHED on Tue, 17/11/2020 - 02:02

hello, i'm from Pakistan!! i want to learn English for my carrier. if i learn English the world my own oyster.

Submitted by khalidait on Wed, 11/11/2020 - 12:22

i like studying online . actually i love that all things about self education that make you progress than your friends .and it is very useful and no one force you to learn something that you dont like and in the end you get global certificates

Submitted by Khin Khin Htet on Mon, 09/11/2020 - 08:05

Previous, I don't like to study from online. I thought that I don't able to study online class well. Now, I can't go anywhere because of Corona Virus ! So, I started online learning ! I knew that online class benefits ! We can study all course from online and we don't need to go anywhere . We can learn every time and everywhere . But , need to study carefully ! Now , I really like it !

Submitted by Babydoll on Sat, 07/11/2020 - 15:54

I prefer to study online because it’s save time and i can manage my course with my full time job.

Submitted by joselo on Thu, 15/10/2020 - 23:35

What I like the most about studying online is the chance of learning from home which helps you avoid a waste of time commuting. In addition, I think it is also worth considering the fact that many online courses bring you the possibility of choosing the time when you want to do it, therefore you can choose whether you want to do it in the morning, in the afternoon or in the evening; depending on what time best suits you. Finally, another important advantage to point out is that most of the time you can manage how fast you want to move forward with the course. Each person has its own way of learning and some may learn faster than others, so online courses are good for those who prefer to take some time to better understand each concept.

Submitted by Moon Wathan on Sun, 11/10/2020 - 15:01

I like studying online because we can learn everywhere and every time. And then we can save the time to go the place where we learn. After that most of the online classes are free. That's why I really like online learning.

Submitted by habibao.medo on Sat, 10/10/2020 - 08:29

i like online courses because i study from home and at any time

Submitted by Pola on Mon, 05/10/2020 - 19:50

I am really like studying online due to an easy way to follow and you can looking forward to seeing it in any time wherever you are? , Good luck to everyone, I look forward to writing to you.

Submitted by bitterchip on Thu, 20/08/2020 - 05:02

it's good ideas. I think I could use some tips to introduce myself when I'm attend in college not only online course

Submitted by shironeiko on Wed, 19/08/2020 - 18:05

I really love studying online. I find it so convenient and I could study with everyone not only from my region but also all over the world. Apparently, it is cheaper and saving lots of time than studying in school. Moreover, I had my lesson by greatest professor that is my dream at my school.