Accessories

Do the exercises and learn the words for some accessories.

Exercise

Task 1

Exercise

Task 2

Exercise

Task 3

Exercise

Task 4

Exercise

Task 5

Exercise

Are you ready to take your vocabulary to the next level?

A2 English level (pre-intermediate)

Submitted by Samir Magdy Gabeer on Sun, 07/08/2022 - 15:39

hello, everyone,

I really need your support to improve my English im A 1 inter

Submitted by eidancodez on Wed, 27/07/2022 - 12:35

Yes, a bucket is also a useful accessory to carry luggage

Submitted by goutamch05 on Sat, 23/07/2022 - 16:44

Well,
The lesson was really interesting. I was enjoying the visual lessons and also test quizzes.

Submitted by alfredro.reyes1896 on Tue, 19/07/2022 - 23:55

I have many caps, i love use caps because my hometown is very sunny!

Submitted by Gudzenko81 on Sat, 16/07/2022 - 11:18

I have many bags and like to wear them every day.

Submitted by begumasutayy on Fri, 15/07/2022 - 12:32

I don't really like to wear jewelry, but I like to wear rings.

Submitted by Donya-lashin on Fri, 15/07/2022 - 04:35

I never go out without my earrings and bag, l have many bags and earrings.
I usually wear a different earrings every day.

Submitted by the_Liliia on Wed, 13/07/2022 - 12:17

Hello! I like different accessories. I have got caps, belts, scarves and necklaces. I love bags and rucksacks. A rucksack is a very soft thing. But my favourite accessory is earrings. I have got so many earrings and I wear different earrings every day.

Submitted by AlanFab on Tue, 05/07/2022 - 01:51

I usually wear a pink hat when I go out and sunglasses when the sun is too shining.

Submitted by phamthuphuong on Sun, 03/07/2022 - 16:05

I use the Cambridge dictionary to translate "bag" and there is another bag's meaning: "a rude and insulting name for a woman, especially an older one." Is that slang?

Hello Zphamthuphuong,

As your dictionary says, there is a second meaning like this. It's usually prefaced by 'old' ('old bag') but it's a very insulting term which is not accepted in normal interaction. Apart from being insulting it is also seen as discriminatory and misogynist as it perpetuates harmful stereotypes.

Submitted by fajrianto.manungki on Sun, 03/07/2022 - 13:58

Thank you, it's very usefully to me to improve my english sklill.

Submitted by Aeronwen on Sat, 11/06/2022 - 18:08

hi!I do not understand well.

Hello Aeronwen,

Do you have any specific questions we can help you with?

Submitted by ChanMyaeAung on Sat, 04/06/2022 - 11:14

Hello Sir, Why is answer of the task3 pocket? Why not scarf?. If you don't mind, pls reply me.

Hello ChanMyaeAung007,

In the first question of task 3, you have to identify which accessory is not worn on your head or around your neck.

We usually wear a scarf around our neck, but a pocket is usually in trousers, a shirt or a jacket (not on our head or around our neck).

Does that make sense?

Submitted by SiThuUKE on Thu, 02/06/2022 - 17:15

There may be something wrong in the 3rd question of task 3.Answer should be earrings instead of scarf because we usually don't wear scarf even on some cold days. Compare with earrings scarf is more less use than earrings that I think. Don't mind me, just saying my opinion. Thank You for these greatest exercise.

Hi SiThuUKE,

Thanks for your comment! We think the answer should be "earring" because the question says "We usually wear only one of these" (i.e., not two, three, etc.), and we need to choose the answer that does NOT match the question. Usually, people wear only one belt, cap, rucksack and scarf, if they wear them. But many people wear a pair of earrings (i.e., two earrings), so that is the correct answer here.

I hope that helps.

Jonathan

Submitted by Zayed_Hatem on Wed, 01/06/2022 - 18:45

Hello everyone, this lesson was great, but there's some problems in task 3.

Hello Zayed_Hatem,

Could you be more specific? If you can explain the problems then perhaps we can fix them.

Submitted by Ahmed Haqi Makki on Mon, 30/05/2022 - 06:44

the page logout automatically and I can not complete tasks

Hello Ahmed Haqi Makki,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. For security, when an account isn't used for 15 minutes, it is automatically logged out.

I have the same problem. It constantly logs me out after a few minutes

Hello adam33pl,

I'm sorry about the inconvenience and thanks for letting me know. If you find out precisely how long it is before you are logged out, please let me know.

If you need to leave an exercise for a few minutes, I'd suggest opening another LearnEnglish page in a different tab on your browser. You can refresh that page every 10 minutes and you should remain logged in. I know that's not an ideal solution, but for now perhaps that could help you.

In any case, I'll advise our technical team.

Submitted by Md Sohan Hossain on Sat, 21/05/2022 - 08:26

too good , if I was know the website few years ago!

Submitted by tryyourbest on Fri, 20/05/2022 - 04:00

Do you have an accessory that is special in some way? Tell us about it.
Hi everyone! Hope you all doing well.
Actually, I have some accessories: a rucksack for work, a ring on my left hand, a necklace from my boyfriend and some scarves. I love scarf.
I think accessory is an easy way to make yourself different, make you beautiful.

Submitted by Mahmoud Yacine on Sun, 15/05/2022 - 14:44

Hello everyone, I hope you're in good health.
I loved this lesson.
Actually, I have some accessories in my home, like a rucksack, a scarf, a belt....etc. I use them when I need them. However, my siblings always wear them when I go out home or when I am on a trip. So tell me please which is the best solutions for using with them.

Submitted by badboyzz on Wed, 04/05/2022 - 15:18

I have to wear hat and scarf.Because my country so cold, I gotta wear them. But I always wear watch because this watch my girlfriend gift's.

Submitted by J.Abarca on Sun, 17/04/2022 - 04:38

Yes, I have a glasses and they are so special for me because I think they help me to be more handsome.

Submitted by EiThu on Wed, 13/04/2022 - 17:07

I live in tropical country so usually I don't need to wear gloves or scarf. But I need to use the sunglasses and cap when I go outside. Although I love to buy necklace, bracelet, belt and earrings but I rarely use them. I used to wear a rucksack when I was a student. I use my bag to carry my accessories. Sometimes I put my money into my pocket because I don't want to carry bag or rucksack.

Submitted by Rama Nunna on Sat, 09/04/2022 - 15:39

I always put on my favorite earrings. Sometimes, I wear my necklace too. I usually wear some gloves when it is extremely cold but I always wear a hat. I like to organize my Rucksack before leaving for school.

Submitted by sinilidoch on Sun, 03/04/2022 - 15:09

Hi everyone!
I'll just say I have plenty of rings. I don't like wearing a hat, but instead, I wear a scarf on my neck or on my head when the weather is not better and snow or rain falls. Because, I usually wear a headphones and I think about to safe my technologies. Then I have two pairs of gloves, they are so brutal and "black spirit" vibe or emotionally aggressive get. Finally, I have some necklace, but I wear a one around my neck, because I like one.
This necklace means the support of female energy. I really don't believe it, but still wearing.

Submitted by AndrZakhar on Mon, 28/03/2022 - 07:43

I always wear helmet, glasses and gloves while cycling. In my opinion everyone should think more about protection and their health. Also I often use rucksack to store warm clothes, tools, food etc.
But what do you think about cycling? Which type of transport prefer?

Submitted by AMArq on Wed, 23/03/2022 - 15:42

I always use glasses because I have astigmatism and myopia. I can´t forget my belt to keep my trousers in place. (I'm a new english learner)

Submitted by Gulnara-Adam on Mon, 21/03/2022 - 11:24

Yes I have my lovely bracelet .

Submitted by nadyanightingale on Tue, 08/03/2022 - 11:23

I do have all these accessories at home. I usually wear a neckless and a bracelet when I go out. I do wear earrings all the time and I like when my earrings go with my outfit.
I have to wear glasses when I'm driving a car because I can't see far away.
When I go shopping I take my rucksack with me, so that I have my hands free for my children.

Submitted by bikun932 on Mon, 14/02/2022 - 01:44

I am a big fan of CSGO and I like gloves,a item in this game because it's very expensive

I have a big box. I am called of it jewellery box, I Love the silver very much, It is special for me, it has alot of types and forms simple and chick

Submitted by negin19 on Sun, 13/02/2022 - 11:15

I love accessories, especially caps. I have different color of caps that I use them in summer. they are lovely and protect my eyes and skin from sun.
I suggest to you to buy a cap and use in different seasons.

Submitted by JanBekis on Sat, 12/02/2022 - 17:55

Hi to all :) . My favourite one is a belt. Simply prevents my trousers to falling off.

Submitted by Susan Celis on Thu, 10/02/2022 - 23:35

Yes, I do. My specially accesorie is a bag because mi mother make them every day, it's her hobby.