A noticeboard message

Learn how to write a noticeboard message.

Reading text

Looking for a housemate

Single ensuite room available in our lovely three-bedroom house in Didsbury. Five-minute walk from city centre. Move in from 1 June. Shared kitchen and living room with two female housemates, no parking, £600 a month excluding bills. No pets. Contact 07890 123456 for viewing.

Tips

1. Write the main title or idea bigger to catch people's attention.

2. Keep the message short, with only the most important information.

3. Don't put your address on it!

Do you need to improve your English writing skills?
Join thousands of learners from around the world who are improving their English writing skills with our live online classes and personal tutoring courses.

A1 English level (elementary)

Submitted by J-Castle on Thu, 22/09/2022 - 11:21

Do you prefer to share a house or live alone?
Well, I had some bad experience sharing an apartment. I rented a single room where we assumed the cleaning in common the rest of the others spaces. It was awful.
I shared the apartment with two more guys, both of them did not make the housework ; they and their colleagues ate my food, left all the dishes dirties into the sink and what to say about the bathroom, it was extremely soiled.
After few weeks, I moved into a small and lovely apartment alone.

Submitted by minal786 on Sat, 17/09/2022 - 14:20

I would prefer to live in a shared house as it would be more cost effective and in case of an emergencies i would have someone who can offer their help but it doesn't mean i will be depending on them to take care of me.

Submitted by to5hpulatov on Tue, 13/09/2022 - 17:58

I live apartment with two-bedroom. Shared kitchen, bathroom and livingroom with housemates. They are also my classmates. $150 a month including bills.

Submitted by berkayak on Sun, 11/09/2022 - 09:55

I would prefer to live in an ensuite room, however, I can share the rest of the apartment with other people, as long as they are my friends. However, I don't like to share it the people I don't know.

Submitted by Ngantdt on Sun, 11/09/2022 - 02:54

Previously, I shared my room with my housemates. We rent a department with 2 bedrooms, 2 toilets, and 1 living room. It's a good time to experiment But now I prefer to live alone because I like privacy and silent space to study.

Submitted by Kelyoh on Wed, 07/09/2022 - 21:06

I prefert living alone i don´t like shared bathroom with anyone .

Submitted by huahua on Wed, 07/09/2022 - 04:00

I prefer to live alone. I don't like the noise . I don't want to care other people to do what I want.

Submitted by Mjmz77 on Wed, 07/09/2022 - 02:10

I prefer to live by myself. Back in my twenties I use to do it, but now a days I can not, because I am married and have two kids. If I could do it again, I would do it for sure.

Submitted by cesarasg on Tue, 06/09/2022 - 17:12

Hello, I prefer to live alone, but sharing a house is not a bad idea. It seems to me that sharing a house would be a good experience.

Submitted by chris elona on Thu, 01/09/2022 - 14:29

In my opinion, you guys should try both, it will be a good experience for you and trust me you will learn when you do both, then you will find out which is better for you.
If you haven't tried it, how do you know what it's like? go for it.

Submitted by mariana.serrano on Thu, 25/08/2022 - 21:22

I prefer to live alone, I like my privacy and my own space.

I prefer to live alone, I like to live in my private room and study in a quiet place. I don't want to share my room with other people.

Submitted by Linneker Pimenta on Tue, 09/08/2022 - 14:40

I prefer living alone because I like everything clean and tidy. I also like read, study and stay in a deep silent.

Submitted by Weena pineda on Wed, 03/08/2022 - 17:41

I prefer to live alone because I enjoy privacy and have my own space, regularly the mornings just want silence.

Submitted by cadani on Tue, 26/07/2022 - 01:48

I prefer to live alone because my room is clean and neat all the time

Submitted by batatinha16 on Fri, 22/07/2022 - 21:34

I prefer living alone. I rather being alone than to risk living with a stranger, they could even be a pychopath. Moreover, i like to enjoy my privacy and freedom.

Submitted by taduyhieu on Fri, 22/07/2022 - 17:57

I prefer living alone because I like freedom and privacy. sharing a house has advantages like sharing the bills and the rent with housemates.

Submitted by Amelle-TechLea… on Thu, 21/07/2022 - 15:46

I prefer living alone if I am not living very far from my family. Sharing a house has some advantages like sharing the chores, the bills and the rent with the housemate(s). however, when you live alone you have the opportunity to enjoy your privacy and freedom. Moreover, it's not easy to find a housemate who has the same interests and habits as you

Submitted by hamodihamodi on Wed, 20/07/2022 - 03:40

I like to live alone or just with family or a friend

Submitted by GraceZ on Wed, 13/07/2022 - 02:57

I prefer to live alone and enjoy the serenity and comfort of my own home, Just read some books and do all the things I love. In times of boredom I could host a house party and invite friends to come over. I think this kind of set up works for me.

Submitted by Abrarhussain on Tue, 12/07/2022 - 18:53

I prefer to live in a share house.

Submitted by yaser14 on Mon, 11/07/2022 - 10:03

I prefer to live alone or share a house with my family or friends.

Submitted by angiesml07 on Sun, 10/07/2022 - 05:44

Do you prefer to share a house or live alone?

I prefer live with my family or friends, because it's very funny and you don't feel alone. You can shere house chores like cook, lundry, clear the bedroom's many things, also we can talking about some problem or ask for advice.

When you be alone in your house, it's true that you could feel more free but so could feel sad.

Submitted by hai tran on Wed, 06/07/2022 - 02:39

Actually, I prefer to live alone because I feel comfortable when I am living alone. I don't need anyone to clean up the house. i can play games every time I want. However, when i share a house with roommates who also have benefits, we share the bill and talk about life and the future. Sometimes they can help me when i face difficulties or am sick when i live far away from home.

Submitted by Sofía02 on Mon, 27/06/2022 - 05:21

I prefer to live alone or with friends or family, because I don’t trust strangers.

Submitted by Ahmed Gamal Awad on Mon, 20/06/2022 - 22:49

I prefer living alone, because i feel more comfortable living alone without violating my privacy, and that gives me much time to accomplish many tasks.

Submitted by Wuttmoe on Sun, 12/06/2022 - 11:17

Although I like living alone, I can't effort bills and other expensive thing. I am also a little afraid of anything when I am alone. And having a roommate is kind of a friend. In short, I would prefer to share .

Submitted by Fzt_abidin on Mon, 06/06/2022 - 14:00

Shared houses are common these days. To decrease the bills and rent expenditure, individuals live in shared houses nowadays. Although living alone is better than living together, sharing the bills and rent is a good choice when people don't make enough money.

Submitted by soehtike1231 on Thu, 26/05/2022 - 18:11

i just want to share my room with my friend only. i dont want to share with the strangers.Living with friend in the same room is more happier for me

Submitted by ssudhakar208 on Tue, 24/05/2022 - 13:22

I am an extrovert. So living alone is not works for me. I am willing to share my house and preferred to stay shared accommodation.

Submitted by erkosman1 on Mon, 16/05/2022 - 16:07

I prefer sharing a house with person who is get along. Living alone some times may be tedious.

Submitted by Waleed kasem on Tue, 10/05/2022 - 20:15

I really prefer living alone in a big house. It gives me free time to do everything I want. Sometimes we have to live with other people if we move to another country.

Submitted by Pann Nilar Htun on Tue, 10/05/2022 - 10:14

Do you prefer to share a house or live alone?
I prefer to live alone. Staying with the housemates have many advantages and disadvantages. If I get well-paid job, I will stay alone.

Submitted by greenglee on Mon, 09/05/2022 - 18:08

I absolutely prefer live alone in flat because I can do everything what I want. I lived alone by 2 years and I appreciated it very much, but now I live with my wife and it's nice too :)

Submitted by b.yakar on Sun, 01/05/2022 - 22:11

i will move three months later. I am searching some renting apartment or sharing house. This notice board message is useful for me. LOL. thx for sharing

Submitted by Jaci Anita on Sun, 01/05/2022 - 18:22

Oh! I really prefer to live alone and have all my house for myself with no strangers and no surprises in the house.

Submitted by Phuong Do on Sun, 01/05/2022 - 13:55

I am being with my housemate. She is kind and funny. Sometimes I don't be comfortable with lots of things. But I might improve it. Otherwise, I still like to live alone. In the future, I will rent a room that I enjoy my life.

Submitted by saurav1521 on Fri, 29/04/2022 - 13:58

LOOKING FOR CLASSMATES
single seat available in my lovely college in Washington. Ten min walk from the city center. This offer only available until 10 MAY. shared bench with two girls classmates,no parking for your Dukati, fee -$555555500000 excluding bills of cantine. No pets are allowed but you can bring puppy for the entertainment of your peers. Contac 07890123456 for viewing classroom.

Submitted by SetarehS on Sat, 23/04/2022 - 16:36

I prefer live alone

Submitted by hoquyly14112 on Fri, 15/04/2022 - 08:23

I want to live alone not share with another people. Because when having the housemate, she/he is not suite with me

Submitted by Edna on Wed, 13/04/2022 - 08:24

I don’t like sharing my room to anyone.

Submitted by Ehsanuullahalami on Tue, 12/04/2022 - 07:04

Although i prefer to live alone, currently I live with my roommate because we are far away from our family and relative. in the future, I will rent a house where I can enjoy from my life.

Submitted by badboyzz on Mon, 11/04/2022 - 10:16

I prefer share my home but my tenant should be quiet, calm and alone.I don't want to hear much loud at my home. My home is peaceful and comfortable place for me.

Submitted by nadyanightingale on Wed, 30/03/2022 - 16:53

I prefer to live alone. But in my student years I used to share a room or a flat and found it also nice.

A single room (not ensuite) in a student dormitory. Available 1 January. Shared kitchen and bathroom with a female flatmate. 200 euros including bills.

I prefer to live alone now but I know when I become a student I would want to live with housemate because when I go to study at university in big town I dont want to be alone. Now I live in little town and alone or with somebody does not matter.

Submitted by fancychild on Sun, 13/02/2022 - 07:55

I'm currently living with my family so I prefer to share a house more. When you live with other people, you won't feel lonely and they can help you do many things.

Submitted by Amin Kourani on Wed, 09/02/2022 - 06:17

Do you prefer to share a house or live alone?
It's better based on situation to choose live in shared apartment or live alone. Many students and bachelor employee prefer to live in a shared house to save money and decrease their costs. Living in shared house has many advantages such as making friends and living developing better understanding of the world and it's a way to appreciate other cultures. But in shared house sometimes you can't control all environments condition such as temperature and light, you should sleep on time and respect other rules.

Submitted by soylemezali42 on Fri, 04/02/2022 - 11:12

I lived alone for a long time. Also, I shared my room with my friends in the university. I feel more comfortable when I live alone.